Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well that’s a new one, that guy sounds like the Dean Spanos of fantasy

vvvvvv lol

kiimo fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jun 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Drunk Nerds posted:

Just so I can know how much to laugh at this guy, how much are league dues?

$25

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Does anybody run a dynasty league through MyFantasyLeague? Our league is making the switch from ESPN and we're trying to set it up and keep our rosters but switch to the salary cap and retroactively inflate player values based on how long they've been on our teams. I need help determining what the cap should be and what is a general player value to switch to without redrafting our whole teams.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm joining a starting-up Dynasty league this year. The draft is starting later this week with a 24 hour time limit for making your pick. Are there any resources any of you guys could recommend for reading up on so I dont cock up my draft?

I know I'm taking Timmy Teebs with my first pick but I figure I should plan on my later picks.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If you are going to use My Fantasy League we just got a startup discount for a new league where it was only 35 bucks instead of 70 (going up to 80 on the 10th)

As for resources I saved a few:

https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/

https://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/mock-draft

and of course

https://footballabsurdity.com/

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Awesome, thank you sir!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I appreciate the football absurdity plug but we don't do a lot of dynasty stuff 🙂

...yet

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

kiimo posted:

Does anybody run a dynasty league through MyFantasyLeague? Our league is making the switch from ESPN and we're trying to set it up and keep our rosters but switch to the salary cap and retroactively inflate player values based on how long they've been on our teams. I need help determining what the cap should be and what is a general player value to switch to without redrafting our whole teams.

I run a dynasty salary cap league on MFL. We use a $250 cap. Determining what every player should be worth is tough though. You could use fantasypros auction draft calculator and plug in all your league specifics.

It doesn’t take dynasty into account, but you will get a rough estimate of what each player should be worth.

Honestly the best thing to do would be to just start over with a fresh draft. A startup auction dynasty salary cap draft is like the most fun you can possibly have in fantasy football.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I, too, run a dynasty league on MFL, and I agree that there's no good way to assign dynasty salaries to all the players objectively. Part of the reason is that there's no "standard" dynasty scoring rules, every league seems to have wildly different rules and stuff like taxi squads, contracts, whether you use FAAB or free agency etc., roster sizes, all have an effect on relative player value too.

If you want to add salaries I think you need to redraft. Also agree do it auction-style, it's the best.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

A re-draft is out, sadly.

Thinking we'll just have the values be current auction values and then not cap it until next year so you have a year to get comfortable with your players and then come to a sensible conclusion for a cap of our 31 players (we have huge rosters and IDPs).

We'll just have to start increasing rosters by a dollar starting the year after. People would rather deal with value issues then abandon the teams they've had for going on four years now. We don't have taxi squad or contracts or weird scoring

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

kiimo posted:

Thinking we'll just have the values be current auction values and then not cap it until next year so you have a year to get comfortable with your players and then come to a sensible conclusion for a cap of our 31 players (we have huge rosters and IDPs).

We'll just have to start increasing rosters by a dollar starting the year after. People would rather deal with value issues then abandon the teams they've had for going on four years now. We don't have taxi squad or contracts or weird scoring

Honestly, if you’re not re-drafting, don’t switch to a dynasty salary cap league.

You’re just going to ruin your league by having a bunch of hosed up salaries that are out of touch with the actual players values.

What do you even mean by “increasing rosters by a dollar”?

Salary cap leagues are very tricky and absolutely will suck if not set up the right way from the beginning.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jun 8, 2021

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

Dynasty roster question:

$250 salary cap. Player salaries increase by $1 or 10% (whichever is higher) each year. Starting lineup of 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLEX(RB/WR/TE). Full ppr.

I meant this

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

kiimo posted:

I meant this

Yeah we have owners with permanent supercheap players and others with players hideously overpaid and we have regular arguments about whether cap space should double as your faab budget (it currently does not) etc. and we started with a proper auction draft. If you have people who picked up a great player for a buck they are gonna have a significant advantage that you can't fairly deal with.

I mean go for it if the whole league wants to do it, and if you're playing with a bunch of very reasonable-minded folks maybe you'll be able to navigate it. But please do let us know how it goes!

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

kiimo posted:

Average winning bids from safeleague auctions?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah we have owners with permanent supercheap players and others with players hideously overpaid

Trade me Mike Evans

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Kimo, is this the same league that is switching to Superflex next season?

If so, and I don't mean this humorously, is the commissioner having some sort of fit of mania?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Maybe just start a separate league for the salary cap.

You don’t ruin your original league, you get to do a fun salary cap league, you get another draft to enjoy, and you have twice the teams to tinker with!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Great suggestions. Yes this is the team that is switching to superflex so we're changing the entire league. We should re-draft. It's going to be a hard sell though and I'm not the commish but I will forward this stuff to them.

I'm already in four leagues lol

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

kiimo posted:

Great suggestions. Yes this is the team that is switching to superflex so we're changing the entire league. We should re-draft. It's going to be a hard sell though and I'm not the commish but I will forward this stuff to them.

I'm already in four leagues lol

I would insist that I paid this league's dues last year, then if called on that I would quit.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Anyone else in Scott Fish Bowl this year?

I'm stuck with Mike Clay. I'm in danger.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Not sure if we're discussing trades in this thread yet but I've been offered something interesting in my 0.5 PPR superflex dynasty

My Derrick Henry for his Travis Etienne, a early to mid 2022 1st and a 2024 1st.

My biggest problem with the trade is that it will leave my RB position looking like this: Etienne, Mike Davis, Melvin Gordon, James White, Duke Johnson and Damien Williams. How realistic is it that Etienne turns into an RB1 in the next 2-3 years?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Etienne is going to be productive it's just a question of how many touches do you think Schotty jr will give him.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MakaVillian posted:

Not sure if we're discussing trades in this thread yet but I've been offered something interesting in my 0.5 PPR superflex dynasty

My Derrick Henry for his Travis Etienne, a early to mid 2022 1st and a 2024 1st.

My biggest problem with the trade is that it will leave my RB position looking like this: Etienne, Mike Davis, Melvin Gordon, James White, Duke Johnson and Damien Williams. How realistic is it that Etienne turns into an RB1 in the next 2-3 years?

I do that because given those RBs, seems you may not be heavily competing this year anyway. I'm trying to move Henry in leagues where I'm not a top 2-3 team, though might need to wait til the season starts to get good value. I'd sell him for that return for sure.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

sourdough posted:

I do that because given those RBs, seems you may not be heavily competing this year anyway. I'm trying to move Henry in leagues where I'm not a top 2-3 team, though might need to wait til the season starts to get good value. I'd sell him for that return for sure.

Yeah part of reason why I'm torn is I think (may be wishful) with Henry I'm an outside contender, I lost in the championship game with essentially the same team last season. But I don't want to be the guy that waits one season too long to get rid of Henry.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

MakaVillian posted:

What does the rest of your team look like?

EDIT: Also, how many teams

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Sataere posted:

What does the rest of your team look like?

EDIT: Also, how many teams

12 teams. Also forgot to mention it's a TE premium league.

Aiyuk and OJ Howard are cut off of the second picture

Edit: Also a 5 man taxi squad with no one of note except maybe Kadarius Toney

MakaVillian fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jun 17, 2021

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

MakaVillian posted:

I am just joining a starting-up dynasty league this year and even at 0.5ppr I would take that trade in a heartbeat. My thinking is that it may hurt this year but Henry will be done pretty soon with how many carries he gets.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

MakaVillian posted:

12 teams. Also forgot to mention it's a TE premium league.

Aiyuk and OJ Howard are cut off of the second picture

Edit: Also a 5 man taxi squad with no one of note except maybe Kadarius Toney

I lean more towards taking that trade. Three firsts is a lot and Derrick Henry's playstyle doesn't lend itself towards a long career. For a SF league, you are hurting at QB and RB. Thielen and Kelce are getting older, so you are in a weird position where some of your best players have a small window for a championship, but you don't really have the horses to get you there. Personally, I'd be seeing what I could get for Thielen too. Maybe even Kelce, but in TE premium, I'd want a lot for him.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Sataere posted:

I lean more towards taking that trade. Three firsts is a lot and Derrick Henry's playstyle doesn't lend itself towards a long career. For a SF league, you are hurting at QB and RB. Thielen and Kelce are getting older, so you are in a weird position where some of your best players have a small window for a championship, but you don't really have the horses to get you there. Personally, I'd be seeing what I could get for Thielen too. Maybe even Kelce, but in TE premium, I'd want a lot for him.

I've been trying to get rid of Thielen, but I think a better trade for him will materialize at the trade deadline. Brees was my 2nd QB so his retirement was a big blow for this year.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I was leaning to accepting and it's nice to have that feeling confirmed.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

MakaVillian posted:

I've been trying to get rid of Thielen, but I think a better trade for him will materialize at the trade deadline. Brees was my 2nd QB so his retirement was a big blow for this year.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I was leaning to accepting and it's nice to have that feeling confirmed.

Agreed on Thielen's value probably going up. Hopefully JJ doesn't eat too much of his targets. His market will be interesting this year.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://twitter.com/LeeOSanderlin/status/1405633271552253954

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Absolute pro-click. Still wanna know what his draft day roster looked like. Week 8 wasn’t great.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
He must've had Barkley or McCaffrey or something. His early first doesn't appear to be there.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
That’s what I was thinking, too. Also, coulda started with Dak with his QB. Or just a bye week situation (Watson woulda been out week 8).

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Those waffle house punishments cause such a culture shock in me. As a guy who has to serve about 12 daily meals to 2 ravenous sons, do childcare, and somehow squeeze in 6-8 hours of work most days... sitting quietly in a waffle house while someone serves me and getting to eat about 8 waffles that I didnt even have to cook, for 16 hours... that's a pretty good vacation.

To think that it's an "extreme" punishment for some fantasy leagues is... treasure your spare time goons!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Drunk Nerds posted:

Those waffle house punishments cause such a culture shock in me. As a guy who has to serve about 12 daily meals to 2 ravenous sons, do childcare, and somehow squeeze in 6-8 hours of work most days... sitting quietly in a waffle house while someone serves me and getting to eat about 8 waffles that I didnt even have to cook, for 16 hours... that's a pretty good vacation.

To think that it's an "extreme" punishment for some fantasy leagues is... treasure your spare time goons!
Happy Father's Day! As the father of a boy that just got his 1 year vaccinations.... I would do unthinkable things to be able to spend 24 hours in a wafflehouse right now, especially after WFH this whole past year and getting to hear every bout of crying, whining, and fussing.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Drunk Nerds posted:

Man… do I ever hear this. Seems easy, to me. Guy got what he wanted out of it though… a day of Twitter fame.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
If having kids makes spending 24 hours (minus waffle time) in a waffle house sound great, then I'm sure glad I don't have any. I even like waffle house.

dxt fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jun 21, 2021

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

dxt posted:

If having kids makes spending 24 hours (minus waffle time) sound great, then I'm sure glad I don't have any. I even like waffle house.

fuckin same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I made a scott fish bowl shirt design and they are using it :3:

https://twitter.com/DynastyOuthouse/status/1407013506373885956?s=19