Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I'll make an OP later, but I wanted to make this new thread since we are collecting data and asking great questions a few months earlier than usual and want to make sure it's all in one convenient place.

Edit: Holy crud my life exploded after making this. Here's the 2020 OP, sorry:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3920321#post504165238

RCarr posted:

What are most leagues doing now that they added a week 18 to the season? Playoffs in week 16-17?

Good question, I'm going to keep it the same (week 16 finals) until I see how the season shakes out. Can't go wrong holding a finals 2 weeks before the season ends. EDIT: Week 14 has NFL teams on bye, so leagues with 3 week playoffs should start them on week 15.

We're gonna be doing a mock every weekend around midday PST. We filled up over half a mock today and I NEED DATA!

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Aug 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
Our league already voted on expanding the playoffs from 4-6 teams once they went to a 17 game schedule (we already have a 14 week schedule, 3 divisions and a wild card team with playoffs Week 15/16). We have 3 divisions of 4 with 2 division games and 1 game against everybody else to get to 14 games.

Back to the QB debate from the previous thread here is my current roster. Need to obviously upgrade at RB but have won the league 3 of last 4 years.

QB: Mahomes, Stafford, Prescott, Big Ben (Just traded for Prescott, releasing Big Ben at end of 2021)
RB: D. Cook, Drake, Ahmed, Brian Hill, Breida, D. Henderson, Mattison, Snell, Le'Veon (couple of drops here)
WR: D. Adams, Evans, Lamb, M. Pittman. TreQuan Smith, Hardman, Isabella (probably releasing Isabella)
TE: Kittle, J. Smith, J. Cook
K: Blankenship, Carlson
DL: Mack, Sweat, JJ Watt
LB: D. White, T. Edmunds, M. Jack
DB: B. Baker, D. Ward, J. Alexander

I'll be drafting at 12 again so whatever RB is there (Figuring Etienne and Harris are gone ahead of me) just will wait to see what my best options are once we get to draft time. Then will take a flyer on another one in round 3/4 (no 2nd round pick).

spanky69 fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Mar 29, 2021

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Requiescat in Pace to Some Guys

https://twitter.com/MikeClayNFL/status/1384575383190786049

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
also in very important offseason news. *** DEVONTAE BOOKER IS A THREE DOWN BACK ***

these are my favorite sorts of fantasy puff pieces. RB who has never done really anything is deemed a bellcow back by his new team coach/GM... but this team already has a little someone named Saquon Barkley -- who actually has the potential to be a three-down back.

Maybe Gettleman meant three downs the whole season? Spicy take.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Punting away
Receiving punt
Field goal unit

Three types of downs

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
"He's a real three type of down sort of player. Touching the ball? Oh no no no. Devontae can't be allowed to do that if we want to win."

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Anyone planning any dynasty start-ups?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

dkj posted:

No, but if I can find any better best ball setup than Fantrax, I'm dumping that place in a heartbeat.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

dkj posted:

I wasn't specifically planning one but may or may not be interested

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

No, but if I can find any better best ball setup than Fantrax, I'm dumping that place in a heartbeat.

https://twitter.com/SleeperHQ/status/1386345010191241217

:)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Oh hell yeah. 😁

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Might try it because Underdog doesn’t have an iPad Pro app.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Sleeper rules and now that they have auction there's no reason not to use it. Give them all your money.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Sleeper rules and now that they have auction there's no reason not to use it. Give them all your money.

The only reason not to is so that people in other leagues not Sleeper related get the breaking alerts, but admittedly, that's a selfish reason. But it did help me out a couple of years ago when no one else had it installed and I did and picked up some FAs about 20 minutes earlier than anyone else.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Silly Burrito posted:

The only reason not to is so that people in other leagues not Sleeper related get the breaking alerts, but admittedly, that's a selfish reason. But it did help me out a couple of years ago when no one else had it installed and I did and picked up some FAs about 20 minutes earlier than anyone else.

this. Sleeper has won me leagues before. I'm never recommending sleeper for any league.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

People think I don't log off of Twitter because I'm obsessed with political takes, it's actually for breaking sports news for fantasy football

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Everyone in even kinda competitive leagues has sleeper already. It hasn’t been a secret for a few years now.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

dkj posted:

I'm not planning on starting one -- but am interesting in being in one. Just started really considering it this year. I think it's time -- if I can find a good one to join and get in on the ground floor. Had a great time in the 20 team SA league this past year, so I'm pretty sure I can trust you SA guys/gals to be good for a dynasty league too. Right? RIGHT?!?!

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

EconDad posted:

I'm not planning on starting one -- but am interesting in being in one. Just started really considering it this year. I think it's time -- if I can find a good one to join and get in on the ground floor. Had a great time in the 20 team SA league this past year, so I'm pretty sure I can trust you SA guys/gals to be good for a dynasty league too. Right? RIGHT?!?!

I'm willing to set one up if I can mostly just reuse the settings from the dynasty league I started last year.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ss8oxj73zroegnv/Bylaws.txt?dl=0

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

I'm willing to set one up if I can mostly just reuse the settings from the dynasty league I started last year.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ss8oxj73zroegnv/Bylaws.txt?dl=0

You had me at no mfl

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Ok which one of you is drafting Tim Tebow with your last pick for the lulz?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Last pick?

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
1.1 gotta make sure you get him.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Honestly if he's on an NFL roster week 1 it wouldn't surprise me if a team ran gimmick plays to try to get him a TD. If you're in a bad position streaming TEs he might be worth a stupid gamble for a stupid position.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Poque posted:

Honestly if he's on an NFL roster week 1 it wouldn't surprise me if a team ran gimmick plays to try to get him a TD. If you're in a bad position streaming TEs he might be worth a stupid gamble for a stupid position.

I mean if he's on Urban's team, this is highly likely.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

By the way I spoke with Beer4TheBeerGod about it, and I will be heading up the return of Cheating for Charity this year :)

Just wanted to have that on page one in case someone goes looking for it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I would be interested in doing a new dynasty league or taking over a dynasty team.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

I went ahead and created a 0.5 PPR superflex dynasty league based on the settings I linked a few posts up. PM me for an invite or provide an email address. Sleeper username might work too.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

I went ahead and created a 0.5 PPR superflex dynasty league based on the settings I linked a few posts up. PM me for an invite or provide an email address. Sleeper username might work too.

Thank you!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

I'd do this. Email is mcmagic13 @ gmail.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Invite sent.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

mcmagic posted:

I'd do this. Email is .

You deserve a good league. Are you leaving the one that tried to dick you over?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Poque posted:

You deserve a good league. Are you leaving the one that tried to dick you over?

Haha thanks. I actually did gently caress off out of that one. I'm in 2 other good leagues though but haven't done dysanty in a few years and it was fun in the past.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Already in the middle of a draft, but it's a superflex dynasty so not a huge deal if injuries happen in preseason.

We're just about to start round 8 and 1/4 of the league only has one QB. There are only a couple starters left on the board so I'm really hoping that one hangs around for my pick.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Gosh. In our non-superflex dynasty league every team has at least 2 QBs and most have 3 or more. That's some real bad drafting!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I have a feeling that they might try to not use a QB for their superflex spot, or really count on being able to trade on one. I'm hoping to get another 2 in my next 4 picks because there are some starters / fringe starters available.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Email PM’d. Let’s do dissssss

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Got you :coolfish:

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Dynasty draft in 30 minutes

Got offered Crowder, 26 overall, and a 3 next year for Devante Parker.

Yay or nay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Doesn't seem like enough, Parker should be flexable at worst