Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

You fool. You idiot. You utter moron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

:kimchi:

quote:

Thanks so much! You, the fans, really give me the motivation to keep on translatin'. I really appreciate how fun and engaged this thread always is.

Thank you for your work, it's great

codswallop
Dec 26, 2012

BABIES EVERYWHERE!
Holy poo poo, I don't think I've ever binged a thread this quickly. Thank you translators! I'm invested in what NEET's next meal will be

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010
All choices lead to food or death. Eventually every panel is gonna be about salami curry

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Enami is about to self-defense his mom so his shame can never be known

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

ALFbrot posted:

Enami is about to self-defense his mom so his shame can never be known

afterwards his girlfriend tells him this is great, he can start using his mom as the spirit he talks to

and enami replies, "Oh?... do you really think my mom will come back as a spirit?"

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Aardvark! posted:

afterwards his girlfriend tells him this is great, he can start using his mom as the spirit he talks to

and enami replies, "Oh?... do you really think my mom will come back as a spirit?"

his girlfriend "yes.. and here presence is near... i can sense... she was a woman... about... a mom's age....

enami: ...!?

(my for real longterm guess as to where this story is going is that like, maybe his girlfriend dies some time down the line and he tries so long to get in contact with her spirit or w/e so he knows its all bogus and thats why he's jaded on the show)

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
it's all setting up to go back to the present when enami will guess that tohru made curry!

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

Nep-Nep posted:

it's all setting up to go back to the present when enami will guess that tohru made curry!

But he made pizza bread...

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

:unsmith:

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

"I'm so utterly soft, a knife would cut right through me."

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Uhoh.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

here it comes

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Me after someone points out a flaw in one of my posts

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

When you're too slow editing your post and it adds the notification that it was edited.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

It's time to blow up the curry pot with MIND BULLETS

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

If he eats it now anyways then it means he had it for dinner. Prophecy fulfilled!

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Enami: don't worry about the vase
Neo, turning around but not knocking the vase over: huh?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

CodfishCartographer posted:

Enami: don't worry about the vase
Neo, turning around but not knocking the vase over: huh?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

CheeseThief posted:

But he made pizza bread...

Truly he has learned nothing after all these years.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

me irl

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
lol drat! Did not expect that type of rage from a wrong prediction.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
:neet:

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

I want to insist on royalties when someone steals the text of my inner monologue without consent.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
He got to do a practice run that ended up pointing out some critical flaws in his methodology, all without exposing the scheme to anyone. Basically, he inadvertently saved himself from a huge amount of potential future embarrassment. I'd feel relieved if I were him.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Um, he does remember he's not actually psychic, right?

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

It’s amazing that the author managed to create a character more pathetic than pre-GBJ criminal neet. This guy waited his whole life for validation about something he completely made up. The lie clearly becomes so intrinsic to who he is, that it dominates his personality. It’s a puss in boots situation.

Maybe pathetic is the wrong word. It’s a reflection on what makes people tick - what motivates us and how the choices we make about spending our time define us. Also, how lies snowball and get out of hand, a good compliment to the lies that led to NEET ending up in jail.

Is it so easy to identify our own lies that we’ve taken for granted as real and lost perspective about it?

I’m just babbling.. I’m hoping the story explores how someone arrives at this point, and maybe on some level it will help me reflect on it for myself.

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Xenocides posted:

I want to insist on royalties when someone steals the text of my inner monologue without consent.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Dad can't believe that his son is capable of cleaning up after himself.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
I don't think his dad was ready to handle the fact that his son can actually not be a total piece of poo poo

e:fb

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD

looks like someone's building up for a heaping helping of :neet:

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Wudz posted:

looks like someone's building up for a heaping helping of :neet:

Tohru's parents were nuts in the first timeline ITT, or they wouldn't have been so quick to suicide.

Dad fondling a sharp knife while nursing resentments here is a worry.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Now several panels filled with tension to find out if Tohru actually will clean up after himself or if he is just bullshitting and will leave it for mom and dad.

This is like watching Das Boot. Nothing is happening but I am somehow riveted.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

seems like NEET's the psychic here after all, he just read that thought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Xenocides posted:

Now several panels filled with tension to find out if Tohru actually will clean up after himself or if he is just bullshitting and will leave it for mom and dad.

This is like watching Das Boot. Nothing is happening but I am somehow riveted.

some interruption will cause him to forget and dad will be like "oh well"