Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Franco Caution posted:

I live and breath Mazda and I just feel like lately they are going in so many weird directions.

Mazda has seen this way for decades - first it was rotaries, then it was diesels, now it's phoning in their EV while pumping huge development effort into Skyactiv-X and an upmarket sedan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
Does seem a little weird that the car with suicide jump doors and two tone style prompted a “all cars look the same” post.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Goober Peas posted:

You guys Lincoln just even swapped me from my Corsair lease into a new Nautilus lease. Let's just say windshield wipers should stay attached to your car after the dealer replaces them. And when they don't, and wiper arms are on indefinite backorder, it makes for an interesting conversation around whaddawedoo.

Especially since this is the latest of many screw ups by the dealership.

"Do you know where they fell off" may have come up in the conversation.

The middle of the freeway is the answer, btw

I really wish Ford was as good at building cars as it is at coming up with cool product ideas

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Russian Bear posted:

I know it's a pretty inferior EV all around, but if it had like 150 mi of range and could charge quickly It would be a win for me (a mazda fanboi).

I think it has 175 miles range and charges to 80% in 30 minutes or so, so not too bad actually. Plus the driving and interior is quite nice: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v_kB2BWdU9M

They go for like 20k in Germany which isn't bad if you need something to drive around the city

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

MeruFM posted:

yeah looks more like a hatchback with large wheels to me

Is the fastback style better for aerodynamics? Why does everything now have a sloped back?

Yeah, my understanding is the back is very important. See this Tatra ad from the 1930s!

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

I think it has 175 miles range and charges to 80% in 30 minutes or so, so not too bad actually. Plus the driving and interior is quite nice: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v_kB2BWdU9M

They go for like 20k in Germany which isn't bad if you need something to drive around the city

Where are you getting 175 miles from? WLTP is only 125 so real world is likely a bit under that.

That said I really do like the car but it does show the downsides of using an ICE platform (look at that wasted space in the front)

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

dissss posted:

Where are you getting 175 miles from? WLTP is only 125 so real world is likely a bit under that.

That said I really do like the car but it does show the downsides of using an ICE platform (look at that wasted space in the front)

If Tesla Bjorn's tests are accurate, and it's the same battery capacity we're talking about, it *might* get 175km in nice weather, at 90kph.
edit: also charges around 34-38kw max, if what people are saying is accurate.

Kia Soul Enthusias fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jun 8, 2021

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

On his spreadsheet it's about 1/3rd the range of a Model 3 LR in similar conditions.

E. That was a moderately cold day on both cars (as cold as it's ever get in my part of the world) which probably affects the charge rate (certainly does on my Leaf)

dissss fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jun 8, 2021

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

dissss posted:

On his spreadsheet it's about 1/3rd the range of a Model 3 LR in similar conditions.

E. That was a moderately cold day on both cars (as cold as it's ever get in my part of the world) which probably affects the charge rate (certainly does on my Leaf)

I don't think anybody's gotten above 38kw in any climate. I mean I would probably love the car anyway, as I love my Soul, but I'm being realistic about what people want.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Goober Peas posted:

You guys Lincoln just even swapped me from my Corsair lease into a new Nautilus lease. Let's just say windshield wipers should stay attached to your car after the dealer replaces them. And when they don't, and wiper arms are on indefinite backorder, it makes for an interesting conversation around whaddawedoo.

Especially since this is the latest of many screw ups by the dealership.

"Do you know where they fell off" may have come up in the conversation.

The middle of the freeway is the answer, btw

Are you happy with this outcome? Just curious. Maybe the Nautilus will be a better car

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

dissss posted:

Mazda has seen this way for decades - first it was rotaries, then it was diesels, now it's phoning in their EV while pumping huge development effort into Skyactiv-X and an upmarket sedan.

I was really pulling for Mazda with the RWD upscale Cx-5 replacement, but I'm worried they are going to gently caress it up with 5 inches of black plastic around the whole bottom of the vehicle and wheel arches.
I think the vehicle Mazda keeps saying they want to make already exists or will soon exist in the Genesis GV70.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

MeruFM posted:

yeah looks more like a hatchback with large wheels to me

Is the fastback style better for aerodynamics? Why does everything now have a sloped back?

There may be aerodynamic benefits but the main reason coupe style crossovers are everywhere now is because buyers think they look cooler.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Franco Caution posted:

I was really pulling for Mazda with the RWD upscale Cx-5 replacement, but I'm worried they are going to gently caress it up with 5 inches of black plastic around the whole bottom of the vehicle and wheel arches.
I think the vehicle Mazda keeps saying they want to make already exists or will soon exist in the Genesis GV70.

I want to say that there is no loving way that a mainstream car company is going to develop and market a new I6/RWD platform in TYOOL 2022…but apparently Toyota has invested a ton of money into it for future Lexus models already so who knows really?

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

Franco Caution posted:

Or well before that with the Skyline Crossover/Infiniti EX

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!

Bouillon Rube posted:

I want to say that there is no loving way that a mainstream car company is going to develop and market a new I6/RWD platform in TYOOL 2022…but apparently Toyota has invested a ton of money into it for future Lexus models already so who knows really?
Ford just developed a brand new big-block pushrod V8 for 2020. Stranger things have happened.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Does seem a little weird that the car with suicide jump doors and two tone style prompted a “all cars look the same” post.
I guess it's just me then, but when I see any one of these they just remind me of each other. Here's a quick photo of all three.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

They really don't look similar at all even in the thumbnail. Certainly nothing like red80sCoupesAllLookTheSame.jpeg

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

The 2022 Toyota Sienna Woodland Special Edition Is the SUV of Minivans (motortrend)

Changes:
- 1500W outlet
- 0.6" lift
- tow hitch

Which is just super weak, imo. The 0.6" lift is especially worrisome because it implies it's a lot harder to add more (maybe eats CVs?). I offroad in a 1st gen Sienna, and they need a couple inches more. I'm jealous of the gas mileage, though. Maybe that's why they had to keep it low.

When is Toyota gonna release a 4wd minivan with lockers for me and like 50 other people in the world who would buy it?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

skipdogg posted:

Are you happy with this outcome? Just curious. Maybe the Nautilus will be a better car

I'm OK - financially it was a good deal driven by the increase in value vs the residual in the original lease, the lease subsidies Lincoln is doing on the Nautilus, and the barrel I had the dealership over.

The general manager put the deal together, seemed like he had already been ripped several new ones already this week. I'll be working with him directly until I'm confident in their abilities to provide the services they advertise.

I definitely could have walked with a check from the equity and gotten not-a-Lincoln, but it would have involved a lot more effort on a rainy day where I was just trying to get where I was going.

Goober Peas fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jun 8, 2021

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

ryanrs posted:

I offroad in a 1st gen Sienna…

When is Toyota gonna release a 4wd minivan with lockers for me and like 50 other people in the world who would buy it?

:allears:

I love this stupid place and all of you people in it.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

MrYenko posted:

I didn't look at who was posting the news and the first thing I thought of was the poster in the stupid questions thread with the off-road Sienna 😂

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

Rusty posted:

I guess it's just me then, but when I see any one of these they just remind me of each other. Here's a quick photo of all three.

The Mach-E is clever with its darker body cladding. It makes it look for sleek and thinner than it is.

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

MrYenko posted:

Toyota has teased about an offroad Sienna, but it was just a Sienna body grafted onto a Tundra.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

dissss posted:

I remembered that from a jalopnik article from a few days ago, thought that was the rated rand and best he got was 125: https://jalopnik.com/mazdas-funky-mx-30-ev-is-high-style-high-price-low-ra-1847003108

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/roadandtrack/status/1402203831799328779?s=21

https://twitter.com/mrlevine/status/1402207307958657027?s=21

https://twitter.com/mrlevine/status/1402205989365944322?s=21

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

New Maverick is great. Perfect size and specs for 90% of the road users and you can grab a fully loaded one for 36 grand.
Edit: obvious sponsored video and Tommy is tall but it looks like a good size in person.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96MN5IyhcDA

Tenchrono fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jun 8, 2021

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Man I really like that but I don't know if I could go down from a six foot bed. I usually wish it was longer.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Maverick 2.0T AWD + 4" drop = yes please.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
just lol at 200" OAL being small

but yeah that thing looks like a winner

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Wait hybrid is standard?!?!

Sign me the gently caress up. I won’t be in the market until next year at the earliest though, by the time I get to it there will hopefully be an AWD option. With the tailgate down I should be able to get a washer and dryer combo up there, right? I am perpetually carting appliances in older trucks I have access to.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
They will either struggle to sell any or will sell a shitload.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

just lol at 200" OAL being small

but yeah that thing looks like a winner

If I was in hell and had to drive a contemporary pickup truck that's probably the one I'd choose.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

The Meat Dimension posted:

Wait hybrid is standard?!?!

Sign me the gently caress up. I won’t be in the market until next year at the earliest though, by the time I get to it there will hopefully be an AWD option. With the tailgate down I should be able to get a washer and dryer combo up there, right? I am perpetually carting appliances in older trucks I have access to.

It looks like there is already an AWD option.

quote:

Buyers looking for a bit more capability can upgrade to a 2.0-liter turbocharged EcoBoost four-cylinder non-hybrid drivetrain. It makes a claimed 250 horsepower and 277 lb-ft of torque, and sends power to the wheels via an eight-speed torque converter automatic. Front-wheel-drive is standard here too, with all-wheel-drive optional. Upgrading to the EcoBoost engine will cost "roughly" $1100, according to Maverick and Ranger marketing manager Trevor Scott.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
The biggest problem with the Maverick now is my fear that they won't be available at MSRP bevause of this shortage.

The actual reveal is still later right? I want know if it has that f150 bed outlet feature.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Jack B Nimble posted:

The actual reveal is still later right? I want know if it has that f150 bed outlet feature.

If it does, it will be the best tailgating vehicle ever made.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Build and price is up already: https://shop.ford.com/configure/maverick/model/customize/xl?gnav=vhpnav

Jack B Nimble posted:

The biggest problem with the Maverick now is my fear that they won't be available at MSRP bevause of this shortage.

400w 110V outlets are available in the bed and in the cab. Looks like the bed one may be standard, the in-cab one is a $150 option on the base model.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Jack B Nimble posted:

According to the video posted up there ^^^^, there's an outlet in the bed plus a dedicated fused 12V circuit for other accessories so you don't have to tap into the taillight harness. At just a half a sneeze under 200" I'd have to move my workbench but it would fit in my garage.

Aw yiss

Boaz MacPhereson fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jun 8, 2021

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

CornHolio posted:

It looks like there is already an AWD option.

I don’t think it’s the hybrid though. After doing five minutes of soul searching I’ve realized that fuel economy and low cost of entry are more important than AWD to me.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

It’s kinda ugly but also I kinda want it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
What the hell is a Flexbed?

Google just leads me to the Ford Flex.