Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I'd be fine with it if it were goofy like a dude selling for an invisible man or a blowup doll or a huge dragon dragon but it's being treated as serious horror

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
The thing about Bischoff selling for the bird is that people actually saw it, no one's watching whatever Lily did

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I am staring at my calendar counting down the days until live audiences return if just for the fact that they will absolutely poo poo all over this Alexa/Lilly stuff.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Is there someone on the writing team who has a very specific fetish surrounding feuding women forced to wrestle on the same tag team or something?

Cant wait to see the result of a heel vs heel match where both have been made to look like utter chumps for weeks.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm having a hard time figuring out whether the Rhea stuff or the Shayna stuff is stupider from that summary.

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine

zimbomonkey posted:

a planned failure is worse than an unexpected one

not if you ask my dad.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got curious and was shocked to find that WWE doesn't sell replica Lilly dolls

Presumably to prevent people from hurling them into the ring when live crowds return

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Slow Roll
https://streamable.com/j3j0a3
Kofi
https://i.imgur.com/O2y5Y1t.gifv

Ryker got a haircut
https://i.imgur.com/eWZV7Vp.gifv

Drew whipped out his sword
https://streamable.com/q84fpo

Dale Gas and Rico
https://streamable.com/ve8am6
Kofi gets advice
https://streamable.com/ihifcw
IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1402077311835516928
Tag Friends
https://i.imgur.com/dwvmVET.gifv
Celebrate!
https://i.imgur.com/qBbpWps.gifv
Ending of Raw wtf?
https://streamable.com/k1wugq

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Was confused by Riddle making his way in the ring in the first match. Why couldn’t the refs keep him away as soon as he was eliminated? Also that Lily stuff better lead to an Alexa match soon because this is getting ridiculous.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
WWE makes movies the same way the Asylum makes movies.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Oh gross I didn't notice Gunner's saliva drip live

Evalina is finally here

But how will her All Red Everything motto stand up to the fact that her hair is pink now

e: Did WWE change it from "Women's Revolution" to "Women's Evolution" so that AJ couldn't take credit for naming it? Or maybe to imply that the problem was the women, not the way the company booked them

Intruder fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jun 8, 2021

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
That Rhea/Charlotte vs Nikki/Asuka match was utterly amazing for all the wrong reasons. Asuka was by far the smartest woman (kayfabe wise) in the ring. Nikki spent the entire match getting her rear end kicked and only got the pin on Rhea when Charlotte finally snapped. Otherwise whenever the faces had control, it was all because of Asuka.

Starting to look more and more like a mistake that Asuka lost the title at Wrestlemania! Because now they are running a heel vs heel feud where both women are so unbelievably dumb on top of it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Edward Mass posted:

WWE makes movies the same way the Asylum makes movies.

Z Nation was a better show than anything WWE's been able to pull off weekly in decades

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

so Charlotte isn't pregnant

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

DarkstarIV posted:

Remember the Bryan Alvarez thing about Bischoff having to sell for a bird?

Yeah imagine that same thing except he's screaming about how Shayna has to sell for a doll now.

you know at least a bird can peck you. thats kinda threatening

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

There's a reason bird trainers wear those thick rear end leather gauntlets too

e: Decided to watch the bird video again and jeez I forgot how bad that Sting Joker gimmick was

Intruder fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jun 8, 2021

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

its a spooky doll that can manipulate reality into dropping poo poo lighting on you, I'd fuckin run.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This loving rules

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shayna and the doll was a gloriously dumb segment and a great metaphor for WWE's inability to book strong characters.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

DarkstarIV posted:

That Rhea/Charlotte vs Nikki/Asuka match was utterly amazing for all the wrong reasons.

i thought it was refreshing as poo poo because it wasn't shayna/nia v nat/tam 23

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

coconono posted:

Shayna and the doll was a gloriously dumb segment

i ended up laughing at the end

honestly the best raw in two months, easily

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

alexa bliss confidently kicking vince mcmahon's office door in: imagine if chucky sucked rear end!

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Say, how's that attempt to establish a credible new midcard goi

Chris James 2 posted:

Ricochet vs Carrillo for #1 contendership to Sheamus' US title ends in double countout after Ricochet hits a Spanish fly to the outside and both are too hurt to get back in the ring. Sheamus laughs and leaves

oh, okay.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Chris James 2 posted:

Ricochet vs Carrillo for #1 contendership to Sheamus' US title ends in double countout after Ricochet hits a Spanish fly to the outside and both are too hurt to get back in the ring. Sheamus laughs and leaves

lol unironically I do want Sheamus

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Hope they make Shayna fight the doll like it's Yoshihiko.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Might as well, since Noted Midcarder Who Was Never That Good Daniel Bryan has become a farm again.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

https://twitter.com/KaylaBraxtonWWE/status/1401900650498306064?s=20

Hell yeah

E: since we are back to 3 minutes of women's wrestling a show, should we even care? Then again I think there's only like 2 ppl here that actually watch this poo poo anyway.

Barreft fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jun 8, 2021

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Last year's SummerSlam was when I gave up on WWE, mostly because of the Underground stuff on Raw. I remember feeling so liberated to get 7 hours of my week back since watching the product had felt like a literal chore for months.

The recaps, clips, and discussion here have made me feel very good about my decision.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

lmao

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

the lore of the lilly

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

King Mabel and Diesel were terrible but at least it was just one hour a week. Superstars also, but was good for what it was.

I read these threads every week and I still couldn't tell you anything. The only ppl I know in NXT are some dude named Carrion, Io, and the Raquel woman who apparently sucks cause ppl just can't stop talking about how much they suck.

Oh I also heard Gunner is around I think? Lol

I just have no idea how anyone can feel any emotion with current WWE unless they're obsessed with social media. There's literally nothing engaging about the product or their createawrestlers.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

WWE Doom House, book it

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

okay i watched it that was so bad oh my god is this real life

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
So basically every feud in this company right now is both challenger and champion losing constantly, getting humiliated, and then demanding rematches which inevitably result in one or both of them losing and being humiliated.

So why aren't there any stars in wrestling anymore again?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

skaboomizzy posted:

Last year's SummerSlam was when I gave up on WWE
SummerSlam 2018 for me. The main event pissed me off so much I stopped having hope that WWE would ever improve.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Barreft posted:

King Mabel and Diesel were terrible but at least it was just one hour a week. Superstars also, but was good for what it was.

I read these threads every week and I still couldn't tell you anything. The only ppl I know in NXT are some dude named Carrion, Io, and the Raquel woman who apparently sucks cause ppl just can't stop talking about how much they suck.

Oh I also heard Gunner is around I think? Lol

I just have no idea how anyone can feel any emotion with current WWE unless they're obsessed with social media. There's literally nothing engaging about the product or their createawrestlers.

I feel like I can at least laugh along with Sheamus at the pathetic shmucks who couldn't even settle a #1 challenger match. Like, he didn't even interfere!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
So the Elias match went like this: he got jumped before the match, and decided he was pissed and left? Why don’t wrestlers do that more often

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Drakkel posted:

So basically every feud in this company right now is both challenger and champion losing constantly, getting humiliated, and then demanding rematches which inevitably result in one or both of them losing and being humiliated.

So why aren't there any stars in wrestling anymore again?

Sounds enthralling

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

You know, of all the people that would eventually take Undertaker's place as the resident Spookums Wrestler on the roster, I don't think any of us thought it would be Alexa Bliss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Golden Bee posted:

So the Elias match went like this: he got jumped before the match, and decided he was pissed and left? Why don’t wrestlers do that more often

If I was a wrestler I would simply not wrestle.