Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Hell yeah toney mentioning everything about the tag tournament except diamante's partner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NADESHIKO YAMATO

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
:swoon:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Shida The White :eyepop:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

SHORT HAIR SHIDA
CLAP CLAP CLAP
SHORT HAIR SHIDA

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MorningMoon posted:

Hell yeah toney mentioning everything about the tag tournament except diamante's partner

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Love the new look Shida.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

SHIDA FROM FINAL FANTASY X 2

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Hikaru Shida doing some loving violence with a smile is good.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I'M OFF DA ROPES, OOOO I'M WRESTLIN' OVA HERE

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Diamante would make a great midcard heel, like a gatekeeper for the title picture.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

also Diamanté has new gear for the first time since she debuted i think

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

PLANK

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
loving plank splash owns

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
:staredog:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
On The Take Paul Turner doing a bang up job.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Diamante been watching Rosa.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
love the great "sends her over" move

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Missed a golden opportunity to call it the DDTamante. Or the DiamanDT. Or the DDiamanTe.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
is the katana new? it looks cool

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

smarxist posted:

is the katana new? it looks cool

i think she debuted it either when she was teaming with Tay or in the match against Tay

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Tay was the first person to take it, yeah

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Queen Aminata got obliterated by that BBT and was holding her neck as she rolled out of the ring, hope she's ok and just selling because it looked real bad.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lone Goat posted:

Queen Aminata got obliterated by that BBT and was holding her neck as she rolled out of the ring, hope she's ok and just selling because it looked real bad.

yeah i feel bad for that, because she and Kstat had a really fun/weird match up to that point, and it was time for Kstat to flex on her and she botched it pretty bad, hope she's ok

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/DiamanteLAX/status/1402080439641255936

Lol

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Oh Snapple! posted:

Tay was the first person to take it, yeah

hi i was wrong, it was vs. Ryo because nothing else was putting her away

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I thought Scorp needed to be a grumpy smug technician heel but it turns out he actually needed to be a cheery smarmy douche heel

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

xbilkis posted:

I thought Scorp needed to be a grumpy smug technician heel but it turns out he actually needed to be a cheery smarmy douche heel

yeah, he and Page have great chemistry with their pompous bullshit, love the Men of The Year name, they're like the dirty rotten scoundrels or something

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Elevated Darkthoughts

Absolutely love this Proud & Powerful promo. Superfaces.

1) Rache Chanel vs Jade Cargil. I like Rache's new look. Unfortunately it's a new look she's about to be buried in. Jade is working it out in the ring and is incredibly physically impressive. OK, that throw into the crucifix press was really impressive. It's a squash, which is what it needed to be, but it was fine.

2) Liam Gray and Adrian Alanis vs Proud and Powerful. God, people have been waiting so long to cheer Santana and Ortiz. Alanis has been very impressive on previous appearances, and works pretty well with P&P. However this match is all about giving Santana and Ortiz their shine. Before P&P face the Bucks again I'd like to see them do a program against someone like The Acclaimed just to really establish some strong face cred. Wow, Grey took FLIGHT on that bump out of the ring. Very solid short tag.

Evil Uno in a suit and the fit is absolutely incredible.

3) Scorpio Sky vs Taylor Read. The Men of The Year branding has really given the finishing touches to Sky and Page. Sky has worked out some stuff about heeling that he didn't totally have down before, and Page is really superbly dislikable. Taylor Read does a perfectly acceptable job of getting his rear end kicked in this match. Ethan on commentary instantly makes commentary better. He's got good energy with Tall Paul and Toney and has a really good commentary voice (he's like a wrestling Scott Auckerman).

Varsity Blonds promo. These guys are such great midcard faces.

4) Cage and Hobbs vs Trevor Aeon and Kendall Blake. Wow, there was a BIG pop for Cage and Hobbs, and they look really impressive walking to the ring. This match is already awesome from the point where one of the jobbers fucks around and finds out in the opening seconds. Is this the old Ezekiel Jackson spamming powerslams spot? It really works, as does him just dropping the guy because he got bored. Okay what the gently caress was that pump handle thing Cage just did? Just pure power from both of them. Very nice looking.

5) Danny Limelight vs Evil Uno. Ooh, Danny got his own music! Nice! Love Uno playing to the crowd. Toney, this is Uno's third singles match in AEW. You called the other two. This is a slow match to start with as these guys feel each other out. Limelight has some crazy athletic stuff that he makes look effortless. I'm a bit sad the crowd isn't more into this match than they are. Really good fun match that had the benefit of making Uno seem like he could put up a fight against Miro.

Nice little Diamante promo.

6) Mike Sydal vs Ethan Page. Ah yes, the singles match we never got from the tag match we did. Mike has improved a lot since debuting. Sky on commentary, playing PS4 like a heathen. OK, the Wonder Years line was fun. Page is just really so good at the little heel mannerisms. The fake poo poo-eating grin that just peels off his face, the little touches of viciousness that make a kind of faceish moveset look brutal and bullying. He's really good. And saying this takes nothing away from Mike Sydal who has great physical charisma and a beautifully athletic style. That meteora he did was just... effortless. Yeah, this was great, and Sky as an annoying goober on commentary was superb.

7) Alan Angels and Alex Reynolds vs The Acclaimed. Yo. Yo. Hey. Corporate synergyyyyyyyyyyyy. gently caress me, these guys are so great. Reynolds and Angels team well and we get a great speed vs strength match here. Bowens is deceptively strong and people often don't notice because he's pretty fast and agile as well. Nobody in the game cheats like The Acclaimed. But the Dark Order just absolutely no-sell it. That sequence was hilarious.

8) Kris Statlander vs Queen Aminata. We get an attempted boop-off. Some fun stuff up top in this. Aminata has some good technique, and has clearly gone to the Rika Tatsumi school of butt-based offense. Jeez, that hip attack to the corner was vicious. This is a pretty good looking match. Aminata has stepped her game up since her early matches, she and Stat match well here and a women's hoss off is always fun. (oh god I just realised eventually we're going to get Jade vs Kris). Big Bang Theory at the end was sloppy as hell, wondering is Kris tweaked her knee a little.

9) Honks vs Blonds. Paul, shut the ABSOLUTE gently caress up about JD Drake's shirt. He looked nice in it! People are hot as hell for the Blonds, by the way. The Blonds do a great line in clean hot face stuff while Honk does smug cheating and Drake is an absolutely incredible shitkicker. This wasn't a gamechanging match but everything looked pretty good and it told a simple story well.

10) Diamante vs Hikaru Shida. OK, I LOVE Shida's new hair. Loved the old hair, but the change in look really works. It's less theatrical, but makes her look more like a fighter. This is a really good match. The two of them hit hard, Diamante is clearly trying to establish herself here. And Shida is going HAM with some of these strikes. NICE corner dropkick from Diamante. She does a good line in body missile offense. Really enjoyed this one.

Good episode overall. Tall Paul is finding his niche well, and while there were more squashes than I care for the "proper" matches were all good.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

smarxist posted:

yeah i feel bad for that, because she and Kstat had a really fun/weird match up to that point, and it was time for Kstat to flex on her and she botched it pretty bad, hope she's ok

It looked to me like Aminata thought that spot was supposed to end in a straight piledriver, because she didn't get her legs into position for the BBT at all.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

sticklefifer posted:

It looked to me like Aminata thought that spot was supposed to end in a straight piledriver, because she didn't get her legs into position for the BBT at all.

Yeah, it looked to me like something went wrong getting into position and Kris was worried about losing her grip so she just skipped to the piledriver.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
They really need a third person in the booth, and the ghost of Excalibur doesn't count.
Evil Uno looked very handsome in his nice suit.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
A rotating third commentator of whoever's on the shelf at the time could work really well. Brushing up on commentary skills while they can't wrestle is probably never a bad idea.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Every match needs a guest commentator. Not any one person through the whole show, but like how some of the marathon Dark's had a rotating table of whoever wanted to call a couple of matches. Because they really added flavor to Tall Paul and Tony's commentary for Scorpio and Page's matches.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
this was a very, very good elevation

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Where is the show?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Vince MechMahon posted:

Where is the show?

Uploaded as a video instead of a stream.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Pylons posted:

Uploaded as a video.

I hate when they don't do premiers.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
WARDLOW WEEK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I like Wardlow's theme but coming out to the Pinnacle's theme is kind of a good vibe for him too.