Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Congratulations on your bad pizza!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Telluric Whistler posted:

#blessed
Another horrific Hong Kong pizza delight, but at least I think the sauce is brown sugar simple syrup. It tastes like cinnamon toast crunch when you combine it with tapioca and milk.

Cheese, though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LyD_Aa2DPA

This is an okonomiyaki with bonito flakes, which is... kind of a pizza. It's pizza-esque. It also makes me queasy every time I see one, but it tastes very good.

It's pizza, in the sense that it has no dough, no cheese, no tomato sauce and is made mostly of cabbage, egg, and bacon. So yeah, it's pizza in that sense.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Desperado Bones posted:

The bonito flakes are so loving, but so loving thin and light that the mere steam of hot food can make them wave.

oh that's a lot less grotesque than i thought.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

ekuNNN posted:

oh that's a lot less grotesque than i thought.

Bacon and sprouts? ngl I would eat that pizza.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

StarkingBarfish posted:

Today I accomplished something in the name of art, in the name of science, and in the name of making the AVPN unhappy. I attempted to answer the question(s) 'what makes a bad pizza bad, and why are the swedes so good at it?'

We start with the first question: Is it ambivalence? Does a bad pizza need to be made without love? To answer this, I decided that preparation should follow closely best practice, so that we may rule out 'passion' or 'authenticity of form' from the equation.

As all pizzas should do, we begin with the dough.

While we could skimp and go for poor alternatives like locally sourced attempts at the real deal, these merely approach, rather than obtain, excellence. Caputo 00 'pizzeria' is the go to for the vera pizza napoletana, and so it must be used here.

Our preparation starts with a 24hr cold-fermented poolish:

Nothing more than flour, yeast and water must be used. The gentle action of the yeast in the fridge develops gluten and flavour complexity. After incorporating the remaining flour and water, kneading well, and turning out, we have our dough:

and after a further 48hrs of cold fermentation, we have the essence of the true neapolitan pizza, brimming with flavour, but more than this, brimming with potential:

Meanwhile, we must turn our attention to the oven. While the Mestre da pizza favours burning trash by which to impart his signature flavour, I am based in the UK, where doing so is frowned upon in residential settings. We must instead rely on burning detritus off-shore, generating electricity from this and attaining neapolitan temperatures of 470C+ by way of an overloaded 240 volt ring main:

Once our oven is up to temperature, we develop the signature of the true neapolitan art, the 'cornicione' by moving the bubbles of air formed by the yeast to the outside edges. This will contain our ingredients within the pie, and provide both a means by which the pizza may be held, and a refreshing palate cleanser between slices, the better to appreciate the ingredients we have selected:

And speaking of ingredients, only the highest quality can be used:

Organic sliced banana, select unsalted jumbo peanuts from a reputable supplier, and curry sauce. Here we have the trifecta of the vegetarian Swedish 'exotic' or 'african' pizza. There has been much written on the subject, and controversies abound, particularly regarding the inclusion of pineapple. I have chosen to forgo this, as the curry sauce is sufficiently sweet. After careful consideration I have selected a high-end supermarket brand british Korma to replicate both the missing sweetness, and the 'extra bland' flavour requirement that a truly authentic Swedish pizza experience must adhere to.
Our last ingredient, fiordilatte or cow's milk mozzarella, is cut and drained. To better replicate the Swedish experience, pre-grated low moisture mozarella should be used, but in my opinion this is akin to decorating the roof of St. Peter's basilica with crayons.

After stretching, the pizza is topped, with careful attention to the aesthetic, which is 'lurid yellow'. And so we begin the final process:

At these temperatures, 70 seconds is sufficient to develop a robust cornicione with excellent char. We are presented with our accomplishment: A Bad pizza, made with passion:

At this point, silence descends, the better to take in the majesty of what has been wrought. All that remains is to taste this creation. In the distance, singing can be heard, the introductory notes of Helan Går.

Tasting notes:
This pizza sucks. It's really loving bad. gently caress you sweden.

While I applaud your efforts the curry on a Swedish banana pizza refers to supermarket curry powder.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Hedenius posted:

While I applaud your efforts the curry on a Swedish banana pizza refers to supermarket curry powder.

I had considered this, but there's a coconutty-sweetness to the ones I've had in Skane that was easier to replicate with korma than powder on a tomato base.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
that is not anything like a swedish africana, guess thats why it was bad. sorry!

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

StarkingBarfish posted:

Bacon and sprouts? ngl I would eat that pizza.

the curse is the way it was sliced

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
that looks incredible

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Especially if there's marinara in there

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I can’t enjoy hotdog in my pizza but I get that people do.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

The Swedes have truly pervertedly and irreversibly ruined Pizza for the rest of the world.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Is there a way to do an EU PDO but backwards so everyone except Swedes can call food pizza?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

:swoon:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Would. Without hesitation.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Cartoon Man posted:

I can’t enjoy hotdog in my pizza but I get that people do.

Pepperoni is basically just thin sliced hot dog really

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

The pepperoni needs a few more minutes but hell yes.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Replace the hot dog with Italian sausage and shove that in my mouth please.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Lol

I loving love that game.

And ya, pizza-dog is in the wrong thread.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

i'm slowly making my way through this thread, on page 50 currently, but i just realized i had to share my college town's awful pizza place, Alfano's Pizzeria. only good when you're drunk, and even then, it's questionable. only pizza photo i could find is this, which i think is supposed to be deep dish? complete with a ghoulish clawhand gripping a sad piece:

but the pizza wasn't the worst offender. they sold calzones that were so sloppily made that everyone on campus, literally everyone, knew them by the nickname of a Pizza Vagina. they were never closed, always with a slimy gaping maw down the middle that would make even an anatomy teacher blush. if you called them and said "i would like to order a pizza vagina" they would usually yell at you with a few expletives thrown in before hanging up on you. but if you called back, even instantly, and just ordered a calzone, they'd be completely happy. orders were typically completed by an elderly man in a cowboy hat who was almost always grumpy.

once, after a drunken night, i stumbled back to my dorm room. cowboy hat man was waiting down in the lobby, and angrily yelled at me "HEY WHOSE PIZZA IS THIS, I'VE BEEN WAITING HERE FOR TEN MINUTES." when i responded idfk know dude he yelled "WELL GO FIND THEM SO I CAN DELIVER IT" i told him to piss up a rope and stumbled upstairs. luckily i imagine he was as drunk as me, since he was never rude to my face after that, and i ordered Alfano's too many times that i'd care to admit after that incident.

also, how do i get the Mestres da Pizza gang tag!? i would gladly sacrifice my be gay do crimes tag for it if necessary, or even just purchase it if the window for having it slapped onto my greasy posts has passed.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I don't understand how a company can sell that and still be in business.

Even to drunk college students. That looks worse than school pizza.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I don't understand how a company can sell that and still be in business.

Even to drunk college students. That looks worse than school pizza.

like, there's about 6 individual moz shreds on that one slice. and let's not talk about structural integrity. that is well south of half assed, you can really sense the total lack of giving a poo poo. very good candidate for this thread.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

here's one from my hometown

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Offered without comment.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Johnny Truant posted:

also, how do i get the Mestres da Pizza gang tag!? i would gladly sacrifice my be gay do crimes tag for it if necessary, or even just purchase it if the window for having it slapped onto my greasy posts has passed.

i don't know if this is still an ongoing thing but

Aardvark! posted:

to get the new mestre de pizza tag you must quote this with a bad pizza that hasnt been posted here before yet. lets see some content goons

tags may take a couple days to arrive

which you just did so...!

uber_stoat fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jun 8, 2021

LOLbertsons
Apr 8, 2009

Aardvark! posted:

to get the new mestre de pizza tag you must quote this with a bad pizza that hasnt been posted here before yet. lets see some content goons

Carnk up the bass, dudes!

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

SkyeAuroline posted:

Offered without comment.

They somehow found something more pointless than doughnuts to put cereal on.

Like, poo poo, a breakfast pizza is totally a doable thing. Use sausage gravy and throw some bacon, eggs, and cheese on there. Maybe some green onion. Green/red peppers & red onions, too, if you want more veggies.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

I haven't posted "pizzas" in a while.

This is a pizza slice, allegedly.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

uber_stoat posted:

like, there's about 6 individual moz shreds on that one slice. and let's not talk about structural integrity. that is well south of half assed, you can really sense the total lack of giving a poo poo. very good candidate for this thread.

It looks worse than them not giving a poo poo. Like they have contempt for their customers and actually put effort into making it bad.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

It’s a mob front that accidentally became successful that is trying to shed its customer base so it can go back to the simple days of pure laundering but declining living standards and the collapse of dignity just sees them becoming more and more popular.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Desperado Bones posted:

This is a pizza slice, allegedly.

Pizza slice or war crime?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

I'm trying to decipher what's in it.

So far: bell pepper seeds, a single burnt black olive and a slice of zucchini.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Desperado Bones posted:

I think I see oats?

Super Nintendo 64
Feb 18, 2012

Johnny Truant posted:

i'm slowly making my way through this thread, on page 50 currently, but i just realized i had to share my college town's awful pizza place, Alfano's Pizzeria. only good when you're drunk, and even then, it's questionable. only pizza photo i could find is this, which i think is supposed to be deep dish? complete with a ghoulish clawhand gripping a sad piece:

Looks awful but if I was drunk I would massacre that thing and ask for another.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

you could ask for some cheese with the next one as well

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Desperado Bones posted:

onion? maybe green onion

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Aardvark! posted:

my bad pizza is above but i will happily find numerous more for the illustrious tag
:pray:

uber_stoat posted:

i don't know if this is still an ongoing thing but

which you just did so...!

thank youuuuuuuu

Super Nintendo 64 posted:

Looks awful but if I was drunk I would massacre that thing and ask for another.

that was the motto that Alfano's was built upon :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LOLbertsons
Apr 8, 2009

Buy an oyster pizza, and get a free jar or flavored peanut butter. Can't lose.

LOLbertsons fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jun 8, 2021