Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Josef bugman posted:

There are other ways to have avacado?

On pizza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Josef bugman posted:

Hello from the sardine thread.

https://www.seriouseats.com/alton-browns-diet-weight-loss-sardine-avocado-sandwiches

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Just scrolling past I had to double-take to make sure that wasn't Ice-T.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

I was about to ask if there was an actual Sardine thread. That and, is it full of sardines posting about their lives, or people posting about sardines?

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
There used to be a thread with dads talkin bout sardines, dunno anymore.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Josef bugman posted:

I was about to ask if there was an actual Sardine thread. That and, is it full of sardines posting about their lives, or people posting about sardines?

people posting about 'dines and it and they are both v good but also we don't discriminate all stripes of tinned fishes and sea meats are welcome

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3756260&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Josef bugman posted:

No because it’s nasty slime and won’t blend into anything

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Weldon Pemberton posted:

Maybe I'm just a bad millennial but while I like avocados, both in the US and the UK they are fairly bland-tasting unless you make guac out of them or something. I didn't notice much of a difference between the two.

Disclaimer: I got the US avocados from Kroger or whatever, not anywhere you would expect to find amazing heritage avocados.

if you're in the UK, try ordering avocados from sicily. currently out of season but should be back in september

and in case you're wondering the reason it's now possible to grow avocados in sicily is because of climate change :toot:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

learnincurve posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzm99Cyous0

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Josef bugman posted:

Be born, get eaten or canned isn't a good roleplay subject so the POV experience is non-existent.

It's not a GWS thread either. The current incarnation, linked above, is a 4 year old thread in GBS. I feel like there was an older thread that convinced me to dust off my old tins.

Cheap lager and preserved fish is part of my upbringing. Highly recommend it.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Josef bugman posted:

On toast

pay attention

mania
Sep 9, 2004

Oh man avocado gula melaka shakes are the bomb. The problem is finding shops that don’t water down the shakes and/or gula melaka.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

learnincurve posted:

Do you try to blend all your vegetables, or mush them into paste? yes i know it's technically a nut, whatever
Just slice it and put it on sandwiches or toast or eggs or burgers or whatever
or dice and toss into a salad.

e: you gotta salt it though if you wanna eat it on toast. brings out the flavor

RPATDO_LAMD has a new favorite as of 13:30 on Jun 8, 2021

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s always been possible to grow avocados in Sicily. What’s new is that they can grow ~Hass~ and other bumpy black Guatemalan types that are close enough to be passed off as Hass.

The fruit from the Mexican subspecies, hardy to about negative eight Celsius, is fine. They’re smaller and don’t have the reputation and corresponding high prices of the Hassalikes. Avocados can be grown even in the UK in some cases. There’s one just outside the Museum of London, next to the ruins of the Fourteenth Bastion of the London Wall.

If you find a large, smooth‐skinned avocado for sale, it’s probably from the third subspecies: West Indian.

Fakeedit: Now that I looked up Sicilian avocados, they seem to be growing West Indian types, too. Don’t want to bet the farm on a stable climate, I guess.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I mash my avocados to spread on toast for my avocado toast, because why not

I also add a smidgeon of mayo to smooth it out

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

learnincurve posted:

If you ever get the chance to try a fresh, ripe non-Haas avocado, try it. 😙👌

Also outside of guacamole and sushi, you can iust cut the fucker open and eat it with a spoon and dash of celery salt.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't think I have ever eaten an avocado and it doesn't look like something I want to eat. It looks like alien potato.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

OwlFancier posted:

I don't think I have ever eaten an avocado and it doesn't look like something I want to eat. It looks like alien potato.

Looks like a testicle, I think you'll find.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Samovar posted:

Looks like a testicle, I think you'll find.

Maybe I am not old enough yet but my testicles are not fist sized, green, and pear shaped.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

Maybe I am not old enough yet but my testicles are not fist sized, green, and pear shaped.
I'll grant that you play with your balls enough to be familiar with their size and shape but how can you be sure if their color unless you have a transparent scrotum?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

I'll grant that you play with your balls enough to be familiar with their size and shape but how can you be sure if their color unless you have a transparent scrotum?

You've seen one you've seminal

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Brawnfire posted:

You've seen one you've seminal

:stat::wal:

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Platystemon posted:

It’s always been possible to grow avocados in Sicily. What’s new is that they can grow ~Hass~ and other bumpy black Guatemalan types that are close enough to be passed off as Hass.

The fruit from the Mexican subspecies, hardy to about negative eight Celsius, is fine. They’re smaller and don’t have the reputation and corresponding high prices of the Hassalikes. Avocados can be grown even in the UK in some cases. There’s one just outside the Museum of London, next to the ruins of the Fourteenth Bastion of the London Wall.

If you find a large, smooth‐skinned avocado for sale, it’s probably from the third subspecies: West Indian.

Fakeedit: Now that I looked up Sicilian avocados, they seem to be growing West Indian types, too. Don’t want to bet the farm on a stable climate, I guess.

hell yeah, learning about avocads

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

The Saddest Rhino posted:

And be 🐝🐝 sure 👍 also, ➕👨😛 if the author is worth 💸🌐 anything, 😯 that 😈 you 👈🏼 will 🍡👏 not 🚫 get 🉐 at his 👀💯 meaning 👀👅 all 🥴🤪 at once 🕜 -- nay, that 🤬🤬🥴 at his 💦 whole 💦😍 meaning 👀😏 you 😍 will 🤲 not 🙅‍♀️🙅‍♀️🙅‍♀️ for 2️⃣0️⃣ a long 🍆 time 🕒🕘 arrive 🎀 in 👻😈 any 🚧 wise. 👴 Not 🚫 that 😌💕🧚✨ he 👨📈 does 😻😳 not 🚯 say 🌙 what 😐😱 he 👨 means, 😈 and in 🤔 strong 💪🏋️‍♀️ words, 📓 too; 🍡 but 🍑 he 🥵 cannot 🤮🔫🙅‍♀️ say 😡 it all 😤 and what 😦 is more ➕➕➕➕ strange, will 📃🤤 not, 🚯 but 🙋 in ☝️ a hidden 👀 way 🍷 and in 🤔 parable, in 👻😈 order 📑 that 😐😐 he 👨 may 🐵 be 😫 sure 👍 you 🤟 want 🤬 it. I 🤬 cannot 😡😡 see 👀 quite ✅ the reason 🤔 of this, nor analyse that 🍆 cruel 😈 reticence in 🕺 the breasts 🍈 of wise 🦉 men 👦🏻👦🏼👦🏽 which 👏 makes 🤔💘 them 🗣️ hide 🙈 their 🎉 deeper thought. 💭 They 👥 do ✍️🙏 not 🚯 give 🎁🚨 it to you 👉🏽 by 😈😈 way 🐾 of help, ⬛💠🔷◾🔴🚩🇦🇿🇦🇬 but 🍑 of reward, and will 👏👏 make ✋ themselves 🥺💦💦 sure 🙅 that 😐😐 you 👈🏽 deserve 👌 it before 😂 they 🙉 allow 👨‍👨‍👦‍👦🎫🎫 you 😀 to reach 👉 it.

You are seriously the wind beneath my wings

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/DawnHFoster/status/1402280931583528962

F in chat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG31EgK74fs

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Platystemon posted:

the fruits sold for eight dollarydoos apiece.

I was going to make a joke about using this to refer to their currency from now on....but of course that's a real Australian thing, I need to stop underestimating that country.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

mania posted:

Oh man avocado gula melaka shakes are the bomb. The problem is finding shops that don’t water down the shakes and/or gula melaka.

Hmm yes a pint of snot please, hold the salt.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Collateral posted:

Hmm yes a pint of snot please, hold the salt.
Since it was Nahuatl slang for testicle, it would technically be a pint of cum

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

learnincurve posted:

I'm genuinely sad for anyone who hasn't had a good, thick avocado milkshake.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“Orchids” are literally testicles.

Vanilla is stored in the balls.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Platystemon posted:

“Orchids” are literally testicles.

Vanilla is stored in the balls.

All flowers are sexual organs.

Anyway I hate avocado. I wish it wasn't in everything these days. It's like eating chapstick.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

RoboRodent posted:

Anyway I hate avocado. I wish it wasn't in everything these days. It's like eating chapstick.

The word "orchid" is derived from the Greek word for testicle, they're literally named for balls

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

RoboRodent posted:

Where can i get the chapstick you are buying that is both super nutritious and delicious (with the addition of a little salt, and maybe a bit of pepper) because chapstick doesnt spoil as fast.

Hihohe has a new favorite as of 18:46 on Jun 8, 2021

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Tweeter not the idiot.

https://twitter.com/DelawareSmashed/status/1402062478666780673

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Hihohe posted:

Where can i get the chapstick you are buying that is both super nutritious and delicious (with the addition of a little salt, and maybe a bit of pepper) because chapstick doesnt spoil as fast.

Wait...Is Chapstick not nutritious?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Stone’s beers taste like boot leather anyway so I guess it’s appropriate.

e: vvv :stare:

Dewgy has a new favorite as of 20:00 on Jun 8, 2021

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ksorbs/status/1402275312382132226

SimonChris has a new favorite as of 20:00 on Jun 8, 2021

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Welp, never drinking their beer ever again.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Anchovies on lightly broiled romaine hearts with fresh Parmesan, olive oil, sea salt and cracked pepper owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Pththya-lyi posted:

Wait...Is Chapstick not nutritious?

One tube is about 12 calories