Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
thinking steph curry is bad is reactionary because it's a backlash against him making small ball popular instead of having five giants headbutt the rim on every play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
double post

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

a Steph Curry fan stands athwart his lottery record and yells “Fake news!”

the Curry/trump nexus is closer than it seems

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

vyelkin posted:

thinking steph curry is bad is reactionary because it's a backlash against him making small ball popular instead of having five giants headbutt the rim on every play

how about Chris Paul playing small ball and actually being valuable . or dame lillard

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
steph curry democratized the game of basketball by showing that small but talented players can be better than genetic freaks, and it drives authoritarians who just want a strong daddy to envelop them in his enormous wingspan mad

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

vyelkin posted:

steph curry democratized the game of basketball by showing that small but talented players can be better than genetic freaks, and it drives authoritarians who just want a strong daddy to envelop them in his enormous wingspan mad

lmao small players (he’s not even small ) have been good forever . just reiterating : Steph Curry is not small. (he does play small i admit)

try paying attention to basketball

Chris Paul is way smaller than Curry and way way better so what point are you even making

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think you all should watch this Chris Paul guy he’s pretty good and small if that is what you like

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Yossarian-22 posted:

since everything is about wins then lebron going 28-27 in 2019 means he was not even a top 16 player in terms of winning percentage and the pelicans with davis weren't even better than 23rd. inexplicable that two players who are arguably not even top 20 won the championship the next year obviously they were both carried by rajon rondo

That's half correct, they were carried by Danny Green, Dwight Howard, and Rajon Rondo, as shown by the teams those people went to still being in contention while the Lakers are out.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Idk about Howard but the other two guys are legit and needed in the playoffs

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
interesting that curry's small balls are worth more than genetic freaks dunking. something clearly wrong with the rules here.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

pretty sure a dunk is better than a 3 overall

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

the sixers are going to lose again tonight

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

triple sulk posted:

wrong

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

euphronius posted:

admitting that thinking Steph Curry is good is a fascist sentiment is a good first step to healing

this and saying snyder is bad is reactionary might turn me into a lib

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
trump!

Pork Chops Aplenty
Jan 11, 2008

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

triple sulk posted:

You'll know in the first five minutes.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

If doc runs out the same starters and assignments as game 1 it's absolutely a done series.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

triple sulk posted:

That would be extremely funny

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

a new study bible! posted:

If doc runs out the same starters and assignments as game 1 it's absolutely a done series.

yup

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jokic won mvp

not terrible. I can see the argument. he’s def in the top 10

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

euphronius posted:

Jokic won mvp

not terrible. I can see the argument. he’s def in the top 10

Actually he is number 1

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

a new study bible! posted:

are you really expecting different starters from Doc in a playoff series? he's no brett Brown

but agreed, furkan needs to be starting

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Judakel posted:

Actually he is number 1

not even close but I can accept that the voters add a little narrative into it . that’s fine

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
the narrative is he was the best player and, well, he was

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lmao no. reporters like him because his a silly big white guy who makes them feel good when they look in the mirror

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol @ KD, at least his team gonna back his shade up.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

embiid will be really mad and score 60 and the sixers will lose 115-104

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jokic did fine. it’s not a terrible choice

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
*man who can’t even figure out how long a contract is* I’m qualified to weigh in on this

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the option year is the year (season ) after the completion of the non option year contract

I understood it perfectly . since the season normally ends on June 30 , next year could be this year also

this happens in business and no one is confused

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Big downside for Denver

https://twitter.com/bobbymarks42/status/1402395360916606977?s=21

They will lose a lot of cap space (and tax issues) for a guy whose not good enough to win the title . I guess if that is the best they can do they have to do it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

again the issue of reporters voting for mvp has big negative downsides for a team

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

:aaa: https://twitter.com/bobbymarks42/status/1402396078054465536?s=21

that is bad news

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

these kind of weird narrative mvp awards are now teams get crippled by super max deals to not quite good enough players (like Curry)

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

hey man was right

he’s barely a center and they should play him at PG

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

These are the same guys who said Steph Corey was the future of point guard or whatever. Lmao .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

can we got one of the mods to throw a couple probes at euphronius so that he’ll make a new NBA thread in Coupons or something