Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Maybe we could use the emergency broadcast system on our phones to send everyone a text alert with criminal names, hopefully they can update the system to include pictures too.

if this comes to pass i swear to all of the ancient gods...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

you think those websites that track the crimes of trans and jewish people are cool and good

wait what

Seek help you lunatic lmao

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Lol I went back and read the whole thing and buddy, your utter derangement is showing. You should definitely be in charge of policy for this sort of thing and not on a watch list :yikes:

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

idk dude, everybody knows the name Ted Bundy and nobody knows the name of any of his victims, and i think that's probably not great, and wish more journalists back then had agreed with me, as many do today

like this is not controversial among the media today: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/07/opinion/mass-killers.html

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I get that there's a thread consensus, it just happens to be wrong, and it seems to upset some more than others :shrug:

Deliberate and motivated omission of information = anything but censorship
Reporting the news properly = glorification of racially motivated killing :wtc:

I get that seeing the perpetrators upsets people personally but that's not enough reason for them to decide what should or shouldn't be shown on the news. Or the real bitch move which seems to be the real motive- just have the censoring done by someone who completely agrees with you and shares all your opinions. Anyone claiming they're not advocating for that, while saying it's what should be done- that's the literal definition of advocacy!

Then again this country can't even agree on what the word "genocide" means so the possibility of the thread getting this right were always remote

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I just hope Crime Stoppers stops sharing pictures of Canada's most wanted fugitives. If people were able to identify any of them walking down the street, man, that would just be too much glorification

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
glorify the murderer's corpse imo

let other neo-nazis see what happens

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I get that there's a thread consensus, it just happens to be wrong, and it seems to upset some more than others :shrug:

Deliberate and motivated omission of information = anything but censorship

I get that seeing the perpetrators upsets people personally but that's not enough reason for them to decide what should or shouldn't be shown on the news. Or the real bitch move which seems to be the real motive- just have the censoring done by someone who completely agrees with you and shares all your opinions. Anyone claiming they're not advocating for that, while saying it's what should be done- that's the literal definition of advocacy!

Then again this country can't even agree on what the word "genocide" means so the possibility of the thread getting this right were always remote

its takes 2 seconds on google to find his name. its not censorship, they are not suppressing any info. anyone who needs to know his name or curious about it can find out. they are just declining to push that information into everyone's face with their massive media empire.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

lol this is some weak level trolling and willfully ignoring what everyone else is saying.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Rutibex posted:

its takes 2 seconds on google to find his name. its not censorship, they are not suppressing any info. anyone who needs to know his name or curious about it can find out. they are just declining to push that information into everyone's face with their massive media empire.
Didn't say they were suppressing, but people are saying they should. idgi

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

lol this is some weak level trolling and willfully ignoring what everyone else is saying.
I've actually paid closer attention than anyone else which is how I arrived at this very conclusion

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I've actually paid closer attention than anyone else which is how I arrived at this very conclusion
:smugdon:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I like that of course, your definition of "properly" is the version that is happening now, and not the one that might potentially save lives down the road.

Every single news story on the planet is biased in some way, maybe its time we adjust the bias so we're not encouraging others to murder (as studies suggest we should do, that were done by experts who have more knowledge in the subject than you or any of us ever will.)

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

(as studies suggest we should do, that were done by experts who have more knowledge in the subject than you or any of us ever will.)

actually to be fair the study in question seems to have reached two conclusions, 1) "there is a correlation but we require more information to discover why" and 2) "it almost certainly has to do with accessibility to guns"

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Bleck posted:

actually to be fair the study in question seems to have reached two conclusions, 1) "there is a correlation but we require more information to discover why" and 2) "it almost certainly has to do with accessibility to guns"

Yeah, its a start, but its something thats been said by advocates for some time now. The research is pointing in that direction as well; "On average, this temporary increase in probability lasts 13 days, and each incident incites at least 0.30 new incidents" is a pretty serious and substantial value.

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS
if anything is gonna dissuade these shitheads it's a posthumous amish shunning. real lib poo poo.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I just hope Crime Stoppers stops sharing pictures of Canada's most wanted fugitives. If people were able to identify any of them walking down the street, man, that would just be too much glorification

What about the thing VPD did recently where they put out a bunch of mugshots of suspected gang members who had not actually been accused of any crime, just because VPD thought they might be upcoming gang shooting targets and warned people to stay away from them? That's pretty hosed.

Also the real censorship is the Crowns and the judicial system in Ontario teaming up to fine/prosecute sexual assault victims for going public with their experiences or their names against gag orders the victims never asked for or no longer want. That's EXTRA hosed.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

I like that of course, your definition of "properly" is the version that is happening now, and not the one that might potentially save lives down the road.

Every single news story on the planet is biased in some way, maybe its time we adjust the bias so we're not encouraging others to murder (as studies suggest we should do, that were done by experts who have more knowledge in the subject than you or any of us ever will.)

Still not sure how it's the news encouraging people to murder when every television news program is bookended by some program that features stylized, glamorized murder and violence as a plot point or audience revenge fantasy. What is special about the neutral depiction in the news that makes it more influential than everything else people watch which implicitly says "doing this is okay"?

It is hosed up that the news is so up its own rear end trying to appear unbiased that they won't even state explicitly that murder is bad and to not do it but there are too many entertainment products intimating actually murder's good and you might even get away with it if you do it cool enough for the news to even matter. Doing news better is pointless without doing better media as a whole (nobody here attempt this)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
because people understand those are shows but see that if they also do a hate crime they get on the news and get a legacy among the other chud internet people and get like kudos from 4chan?

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
Franks magazine has another article on our favourite national police force and the Portapique shooting. Leaked Security Video

It looks like the SIRT report is a complete lie on how GW was killed. The surveillance tapes show that GW stopped at a PetroCan where he tried to fill up his car, several RCMP officers observe him before he drives off to his final location the Irving Big Stop where he was killed.

At the Big Stop the 2 surveillance videos show how much of a lie the "coincidental" meeting is. GW is sitting in his car when an RCMP truck pulls up 2 officers jump out and shoot him. I won't comment on if it was a good shoot or not, since we can't see what GW is doing in his car but the deception of the SIRT report is bad, do RCMP normally draw their gun to refuel?

SIRT Report (PDF)

quote:

The AP was headed toward Halifax-Dartmouth when he stopped for gas at the Irving Big Stop
in Enfield. SO1 and SO2 were travelling together and unaware that the AP was no longer
driving the Chevrolet vehicle when they pulled in to refuel at the same Irving Big Stop. SO1
was driving the police vehicle and stopped at a pump adjacent to a pump where a grey Mazda
3 vehicle was parked. SO1exited the vehicle to begin re-fueling and as he looked across to the
adjoining pump he observed a male with a noticeable hematoma and some blood on his
forehead.

SO1 recognized this person as the AP from photographs he had seen at the command post. SO1
drew his service weapon and alerted S02 that the AP was in the vehicle parked next to theirs.
SO2, a member of the Emergency Response Team, left the vehicle and moved across the front
of the police vehicle. The AP then raised the pistol he had stolen from the RCMP officer he
killed approximately 30 minutes earlier. SO1 and SO2 then began firing their service weapons.
The AP died at the scene

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Lmfao imagine even knowing any news, absolute buffonery

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

you should make your next point using that B^U "don't gently caress with gamers" thing

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10157931923491606&id=532941605

This is a nice post from a guy who unsuccessfully ran to be a Conservative MP in the area

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Chillyrabbit posted:

Franks magazine has another article on our favourite national police force and the Portapique shooting. Leaked Security Video

It looks like the SIRT report is a complete lie on how GW was killed. The surveillance tapes show that GW stopped at a PetroCan where he tried to fill up his car, several RCMP officers observe him before he drives off to his final location the Irving Big Stop where he was killed.

At the Big Stop the 2 surveillance videos show how much of a lie the "coincidental" meeting is. GW is sitting in his car when an RCMP truck pulls up 2 officers jump out and shoot him. I won't comment on if it was a good shoot or not, since we can't see what GW is doing in his car but the deception of the SIRT report is bad, do RCMP normally draw their gun to refuel?

SIRT Report (PDF)

I'm glad this stuff is coming out. zero faith in any of the official processes offering anything they don't have to. and all the lies and doubling down just makes it worse as the truth comes out

disband the rcmp

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Can't wait for nothing to come from any of this

lowly abject turd
Mar 23, 2009

Chillyrabbit posted:

SIRT Report (PDF)

probably worth mentioning that the msm response pretty much across the board has been calls to prosecute frank magazine for publishing the 911 call

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/338Canada/status/1402594225896792069?s=19

These idiots can't even take advantage of pissed off populace while the Libs do nothing and stay relevant.

loving shameful

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I'm back to believing Doug Ford is gonna get another majority. This loving province is a joke and I want to leave.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
https://twitter.com/davecournoyer/status/1402433118414336000?s=19

I wanna know more about that hay for sale

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
ndp green coalition

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

prom candy posted:

I'm back to believing Doug Ford is gonna get another majority. This loving province is a joke and I want to leave.

Just wait. The fact that seniors died of dehydration and abandonment not COVID in some of those homes hasn't even registered with the populace yet.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

$4 a bale??!

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

cash crab posted:

$4 a bale??!

$4 a square bale; there's 20 square bales in a round bale. The guy below him has a much better deal.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Another Bill posted:

Just wait. The fact that seniors died of dehydration and abandonment not COVID in some of those homes hasn't even registered with the populace yet.

yeah, i reckon that could help the cons. getting rid of freeloaders is a plus for those people

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
FULLY VAXXED

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

congrats! six more hours for my second jab. :ohdear:

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Go make out with a stranger, or to the mall

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

FULLY VAXXED, CAN'T GET WAXED. THANKS DOUG.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
horgs get me that second jab so I can go get my taint waxed tia

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1402743971936358410

worst Justin Trudeau purchase since shoe polish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014