Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I made a series of dozens of bad decisions and watched a lot of Doctor Who and he can't do it either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Rhyno posted:

Matt Smith is not busy at all!

He's making that GoT prequel show!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Matt Smith is not busy at all!

Smith in my head is either too twee (the doctor) or too much of a greasy scumbag freaker (lost river) for Reed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

howe_sam posted:

He's making that GoT prequel show!

Like I said! Not busy at all!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Matt Smith is terrible in everything and would make a horrible Reed please keep bad suggestions out of this good thread.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The guy that played Ravi on iZombie is the best pick I've heard of anyone for Reed. I just think he could nail it.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Matt Smith is an excellent choice for Reed Richards if you want any future Fantastic Four movie to never get made :v:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Rahul Kohli would be a fun pick yea

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Arist posted:

Rahul Kohli would be a fun pick yea

He's my Doctor Doom fan casting!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

X-O posted:

The guy that played Ravi on iZombie is the best pick I've heard of anyone for Reed. I just think he could nail it.

Huh yeah he would be great

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Don’t make me tap my Vincent Cassel for Doom sign again.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

I don't think that one quite works. I think Doom needs to be a little more over the top. If they're going to do Doom right they really need someone that can chew the scenery in the correct way. Especially while masked.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Matt Smith is terrible in everything and would make a horrible Reed please keep bad suggestions out of this good thread.

what the gently caress

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

I don't think that one quite works. I think Doom needs to be a little more over the top. If they're going to do Doom right they really need someone that can chew the scenery in the correct way. Especially while masked.

How dare you speak ill of Ravi.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Christoph Waltz for Doom. He does over-the-top silliness and quiet menace with equal skill.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Also we need to stop casting nearly elderly men as well. That's just not going to happen.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

X-O posted:

Matt Berry as Doom

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

I’m down with a Matt Berry Doom. Matthew Rhys is my dream Reed casting.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
Denzel washington for mr fantastic imo

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Arist posted:

I don't even hate John Krasinski, despite being in that lovely propaganda Jack Ryan show. People just really loving want him to be Reed and it would not work whatsoever. He's just not convincingly smart.

I'd be onboard with Blunt as Sue Storm. But I don't see Krasinksi as Reed and I hope for his sake people aren't fancasting him just because of their real marriage.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

X-O posted:

Also we need to stop casting nearly elderly men as well. That's just not going to happen.

Ma Dong-seok is 50
Cate Blanchett is 52
Josh Brolin is 53
Salma Hayek is 54
Mads Mikkelsen is 55
Tony Leung is 58
Michelle Yeoh is 58
Laurence Fishburne is 59
Tilda Swinton is 60
James Spader is 61
Michelle Pfeiffer is 63
Annette Bening is 63
Michael Rooker is 66
Kurt Russell is 70
Samuel L Jackson is 72
Michael Douglas is 76

I don't think Dr. "I spend most of my time just standing around full of myself" Doom or Mr. "My superpower involves CGI making it look like I stretch really far" Fantastic can't be a little on the older side. But I guess the argument here is that you need younger casting if you're going to utilize these characters for the next decade, which I still don't buy.

Jamesman fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jun 8, 2021

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Jamesman posted:

Ma Dong-seok is 50

How did I just now realize the guy from Train to Busan is in Eternals

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's okay to make the villains old because every Marvel villain dies at the end of the movie, anyway.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lobok posted:

I'd be onboard with Blunt as Sue Storm. But I don't see Krasinksi as Reed and I hope for his sake people aren't fancasting him just because of their real marriage.

It's absolutely why they're fan casting them. It's the "Danzig should be Wolverine" for a new generation in that it's based on nothing that would translate to the movie.

E: Danzig SHOULD be Wolverine, btw, but only cause it would now be incredibly funny.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Vince MechMahon posted:

It's absolutely why they're fan casting them. It's the "Danzig should be Wolverine" for a new generation in that it's based on nothing that would translate to the movie.

E: Danzig SHOULD be Wolverine, btw, but only cause it would now be incredibly funny.

outside of Danny Devito who is the right size, Danzig looks like Wolverine would look.

Also Bruce Campbell for Reed Richards.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Matt Berry as Doom
Richard Ayoade as Reed
Chris O'Dowd as Ben

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Please stop suggesting Matt Smith for things, he is not good and his face is in the uncanny valley.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

X-O posted:

The Illuminerdi is the the same person that James Gunn roasted for making poo poo up about Guardians 3 fyi.

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1369445293733912577

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1369502723289219076

Well what does that nobody know? Does he have any sources for information which can be corroborated?
Besides, Disney is always lying about casting rumors. Both Haylee Steinfeld and Tatjana Malensey had to vehemently deny the rumors about their respective leading roles.
In a few weeks we will get an official notification that some Zack Efron lookalike snatched the role.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jun 8, 2021

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Madkal posted:

Also Bruce Campbell for Reed Richards.

Look, maybe I didn't double check every single little tiny screw on the cosmic ray shield, no, but I basically installed it yeah

e: picture the same tone as "this is my boomstick" but he's explaining the ultimate nullifier to Galactus

Lunatic Sledge fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jun 8, 2021

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Davros1 posted:

Matt Berry as Doom

Doom stands before the assembled might of the Avengers, X-Men, Eternals, Guardians, and the Fantastic Four. The power cosmic courses through him, while the lifeless body of Galactus lies prone behind him. Finally, the silence is broken.
“Richards and I were buddies, weren’t we?”

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Lunatic Sledge posted:

e: picture the same tone as "this is my boomstick" but he's explaining the ultimate nullifier to Galactus

"Retails for about $109.95 billion..."

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Vince MechMahon posted:

Yea it harkens back to wizard magazine casting wrestlers or actors who vaguely look like the characters as heroes.

Don't give danzig work, he's a huge piece of poo poo.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

SlimGoodbody posted:

Please stop suggesting Matt Smith for things, he is not good...

This is simply not true.

SlimGoodbody posted:

...and his face is in the uncanny valley.

This is very true.

Hulk Smash! posted:

Matt Berry as Doom
Richard Ayoade as Reed
Chris O'Dowd as Ben

Finally, somebody is talking sense.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Chris O'Dowd was already the nice British dude that Jane Foster was dating in Thor 2. He's burned his MCU role!

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Fine Julian Barrat as Ben Grimm and Noel Fielding as Johnny Storm

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

AngryBooch posted:

Chris O'Dowd was already the nice British dude that Jane Foster was dating in Thor 2. He's burned his MCU role!

Gemma Chan was Dr Minerva in Captain Marvel and she's Sersi in Eternals!

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

As long as we're fancasting brits and kiwis can I get Rhys Darby as a cheerful yet still dedicated to eradicating the universe Annihlus? I always thought that helmet looked like a huge smile, might as well lean into it.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Rhys Darby as Silver Surfer. Enough brooding. This is the MCU. Time for a super personable Norrin Radd, desperate for someone to talk to besides his stuffy, planet-devouring boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Make Pedro Pascal Reed, and Grogu Ben.