Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 18 days!)

Yeah I make 400k a year at the podcasting network. nbd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

How many state department employees post on this drat website? Is DnD a Hyperbolic Time Chamber for Bellingcat writers?

Turn on your monitor and your handlers

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

How many state department employees post on this drat website? Is DnD a Hyperbolic Time Chamber for Bellingcat writers?
i don't remember if it was on here or on the goonfleet forums or both but there were threads about how to get u.s. government jobs some of which I assume were at the state department

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Junkozeyne posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3904083

It's open again but don't yell about politics because it makes the Bellingcat stooge sad

Yea mentioning cia funding for the dude whose political podcast is about who you should internet hate is incredibly off topic

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
hey cia Robert evans you big fat dumbass give me some of your money

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
400 grand a year lol ok man

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Must be one heck of a podcast!!

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
I don’t mean to “oh sweet summer child” here but lol. You all obviously missed the posting wars of 2008 to 2016

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Double post

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

It’d be crazy if a dnd mod had been merc’d at Benghazi

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Danger posted:

it would be even crazier if a dnd mod that got mercd at benghazi was using his connections between goonfleet and ccp games to launder money

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Danger posted:

yeah i mean we all know about vilerat playing eve online while organising the delivery of weapons from libyan armouries to jihadist rebels in syria but

sometimes i like to think that such a person wouldn't be tolerated on here these days. i'm an optimist

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/MarkAmesExiled/status/1401730153378631682?s=20

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

ted hitler hunter posted:

i don't remember if it was on here or on the goonfleet forums or both but there were threads about how to get u.s. government jobs some of which I assume were at the state department

i'm so crackpinged i feel like most of the cspam/dnd wars are people who work for china and the u.s. deep state respectively. if chen weihua is here i support him 100%

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Yossarian-22 posted:

i'm so crackpinged i feel like most of the cspam/dnd wars are people who work for china and the u.s. deep state respectively. if chen weihua is here i support him 100%

Everyone is an op, OP

Even you

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Forums mod brown moses is personally responsible for the death of forums mod vilerat, and that, to me, is epic

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Algund Eenboom posted:

Forums mod brown moses is personally responsible for the death of forums mod vilerat, and that, to me, is epic

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Danger posted:

I don’t mean to “oh sweet summer child” here but lol. You all obviously missed the posting wars of 2008 to 2016

I missed all the posting and didn't know about Robert Evan's links to bellingcat until recently, I thought he was just some podcast goofus, but I knew something was up with the guy when he released an episode about how Jeffery Epstein most definitely killed himself. After that everything kind of just fell into place.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Algund Eenboom posted:

lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i called brown moses cia so much he said he was cia in an interview

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol of course this interview is with luke harding who somehow hasn't been sacked from the guardian despite getting them to publish the manafort meeting assange story on the front page

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/feb/20/eliot-higgins-people-accuse-me-of-working-for-the-cia

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Algund Eenboom posted:

:hmmyes:

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Algund Eenboom posted:

Forums imitate life. Life imitates forums.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

paul_soccer12 posted:

going to assume it was for sex stuff

With the British press it was probably not enough sex stuff

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/aaronjmate/status/1402425551235735558?s=20

Great read

Encolpio
Apr 12, 2013

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/sep/30/bellingcat-eliot-higgins-exposed-novichok-russian-spy-anatoliy-chepiga

quote:

Instead he took a series of administrative jobs while developing an interest in blogging under the handle Brown Moses.

“It started as a hobby. I had no background in any of the stuff I was writing about. It was mainly because in 2011 I was watching the conflict in Libya, and the stuff that was being shared on social media was largely being ignored because it couldn’t be verified.”

Encolpio has issued a correction as of 18:12 on Jun 9, 2021

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

hey cia Robert evans you big fat dumbass give me some of your money

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR28q1PwSwQ

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

wrong thread~

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I<3Radio Free Asia

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Algund Eenboom posted:

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
One of the many ways in which it is clear that the American political and liberal establishment sees non-Americans as unpersons is the way in which any random blogger with access to wikipedia or college graduate who once took a 200 level history class on a particular region ends up being influential on policy.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
old forums posts ending up in the discourse around a regime-change scandal at the highest levels of the united nations and the OPCW

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

I didn't realize this was a 2 parter.

Part 1: https://soundcloud.com/moderaterebels/report-back-syria-aaron-mate-marandi

Part 2: https://soundcloud.com/moderaterebels/inside-syria-opcw-cover-up-and-israeli-aggression-with-aaron-mate-and-mohammad-marandi

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

old forums posts ending up in the discourse around a regime-change scandal at the highest levels of the united nations and the OPCW

And people claim posting isn't praxis

ehhhhhh
May 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
makes all the mod fuckery even more inexcusable imo

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ericjohnkrebs/status/1403213649561460737

Roger Waters is right

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 18 days!)

Page doesn't exist.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
it was some dipshit saying "between Van Morrissey and Eric Clapton and Roger Waters, we need to put a stop to musicians getting political until we figure out what's going on" while posting a video of Roger Waters defending Aaron Mate's comments on the OPCW cover-up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

he's 2 for 3 tbf