Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

Yeah he probably knew he was screwed going into this election , it's not like his other wins were easy iirc

Maybe he and Jess scarane can team up for a ticket for posters

we need you to come back, nichael. one last job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

Judakel posted:

he is coping

100% this

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

who?

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/carterforva/status/1402423090966151176

legit not sure if he's telling the truth or if he's just trying to convince us that blood is victory wine

Man running for 2 government positions actually really happy he didn't win either

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

You know, JMS

https://twitter.com/carterforva/status/1402396670579679240

Good lord , yeah he wasnt fighting for that $17k salary seat

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

mastershakeman posted:

:troll:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

Yeah he probably knew he was screwed going into this election , it's not like his other wins were easy iirc

she campaigned though

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

You know, JMS

https://twitter.com/carterforva/status/1402396670579679240

Good lord , yeah he wasnt fighting for that $17k salary seat

a lot of the left needs to learn that we're not going to be able to stay completely safe and also win

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Atrocious Joe posted:

a lot of the left needs to learn that we're not going to be able to stay completely safe and also win

Hes won before , and unlike most of his compatriots in Congress, didn't abandon everything they campaigned on in hopes to keep their seats down the road

What I'm saying is this is the outcome of team blue, Biden/Obama, and the absolute failure of the electoral left while the party morphs into nothing but compassionate conservative W. clones, but blue

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Did Lee get primaried out of his seat? lmao

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I legit did not realize that there were people itt still invested in elections.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Judakel posted:

the only thing depressing about lee eating poo poo is neolibs celebrating. Saw this guy celebrating and found this gem, too.

https://twitter.com/Blake_Allen13/status/1402369534762307589

from the document:

quote:

Sunrise has successfully used mythic power, matched with electoral power, to exert political pressure and bring about great victories: we won 70% of nationally-endorsed primary elections and defeated a fascist president. Joe Biden is implementing a Civilian Climate Corps and parroting our OG messaging. Deb Haaland is the Interior Secretary, to name just a few things. But suddenly, with Democrats in power, our overreliance on electoral power and mythic power is painfully apparent. Without upcoming elections to provide a credible threat to politicians we want to move, we lack leverage. We find ourselves unable to mobilize mass people power or seize upon the populist energies of the Uprising, or the greatest wave of labor strikes since the Great Depression. We are left tweeting morality statements and dominating the national political media establishment, only to be showing up to protests with less and less people each time. Something is blocking us from escalating our people power. Sunrise is on track to turn into a toothless advocacy nonprofit. Our people are not setting the agenda.

if things are so good then why is he rocking the boat?

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

mastershakeman posted:

Hes won before , and unlike most of his compatriots in Congress, didn't abandon everything they campaigned on in hopes to keep their seats down the road

What I'm saying is this is the outcome of team blue, Biden/Obama, and the absolute failure of the electoral left while the party morphs into nothing but compassionate conservative W. clones, but blue

Democrats won the soul of the nation, there's no reason now to have someone so leftist in government.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I legit did not realize that there were people itt still invested in elections.

I think at this point the only thing to get out of elections is entertainment value and the more the corporate Dems take total control the less of those there will be as everything is run through ten different focus groups until you only get boring Mayor Pete clones with generic inspirational yet meaningless campaigns. If it wasn't for Hunter the entire Biden administration would just be a bunch of office motivational posters.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

if the job sucks so much why did he even run

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

ahahahah what a waste

quote:

Whenever a push to focus on base-building and community organizing is made, some top Sunrise leaders shut it down, fearing that it will hurt our political power.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Bootleg Trunks posted:

if the job sucks so much why did he even run

idk but with his recent Twitter arguments it’s probably better for his health

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

idk but with his recent Twitter arguments it’s probably better for his health

Yeah like I said regardless of what his intentions were and how much he's coping now, losing is the best thing for him personally.

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

it's real fun watching VBNMW brains start to break in real time this week
https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1402325718709592067

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Joe Biden told everyone to march to the polls and vote for him when COVID was kicking off.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Eggplant Squire posted:

Yeah like I said regardless of what his intentions were and how much he's coping now, losing is the best thing for him personally.

gonna take this as a sign that I should not post tweets from his DSA rivals mocking him?

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

so a sorta leftist lost and a stuffy old putz who had the job already won in a landslide

big day for dnd fans of the virginia model

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Bootleg Trunks posted:

so a sorta leftist lost and a stuffy old putz who had the job already won in a landslide

big day for dnd fans of the virginia model

Once they fully separate themselves from the concept of policy and embrace electoralism as the end goal of politics they will be super happy all the time.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/PollTrackerUSA/status/1402424331427368962

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Atrocious Joe posted:

gonna take this as a sign that I should not post tweets from his DSA rivals mocking him?

post them

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
If lee really wants to cope he should run as an independent in the general and use his name recognition to split the ticket and gently caress over this new dem candidate.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

If lee really wants to cope he should run as an independent in the general and use his name recognition to split the ticket and gently caress over this new dem candidate.

lol

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

why do that when he could just do a casual Miss Me Yet? if the dem loses

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

lmao

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Euphoriaphone posted:

it's real fun watching VBNMW brains start to break in real time this week
https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1402325718709592067

the only kind reading of what she said is the "do not cum"/"i'm going to cum" tweet

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/KenzoShibata/status/1402435663371382786?s=20

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

nice

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

lee didn't campaign, didn't particularly give a poo poo about his district, and pissed off nearly everyone in the state house. you can get away with the latter if your constituents love you, buuuuuuut...

excellent posting energy but probably better that he's moving on

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

what is this? Does Alaska have jungle primaries?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
holy poo poo the person he lost to....

quote:

Michelle Maldonado is Founder & CEO of Lucenscia, a human potential and mindful business transformation firm dedicated to developing leaders and organizations with positive impact in the world.

A former corporate and technology attorney turned business development and operations professional with more than 20 years of leadership experience and over 35 years of contemplative practice, Michelle now dedicates her time to helping leaders and their teams do their inner work to create outer impact. She is a Search Inside Yourself Level 2 Certified Teacher® with the Search Inside Yourself Leadership Institute, and a Certified Mindfulness Teacher-Professional Level (CMT-P) with the International Mindfulness Teachers Association.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Joementum posted:

loving lmao

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Joementum posted:

hahahahha holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU