Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Willa Rogers posted:

Most likely, imo: He'll decline to run again next year and instead get a federal appointment under Biden.

I don't see this happening at all. There's no way Biden would get into that mess by offering Cuomo a position. What's the upside?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

How are u posted:

I don't see this happening at all. There's no way Biden would get into that mess by offering Cuomo a position. What's the upside?

When have the dems ever cared about upsides or downsides when it comes to rewarding party insiders.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Upside is people may see him resign as a form of penance, then if they see him get a job in the Biden admin it must mean that Cuomo either wasn't guilty or he paid his price and is welcome back in the party. Rehabilitates his image with people not paying attention or only paying attention to the good news outlets.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Powerful people on both sides of the aisle learned from Trump that all they have to do is say "nah" to literally any allegation, and people will eventually stop caring about it. There is no downside.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

How are u posted:

he gets to reward his fellow rapist?

I mean, what's the upside of most of the weirdly spiteful things people like Joe do? It's just owning the people who make him mad. Those uppity metoo'ers and people with dead grandparents forgot that orange man was the real bad, show em who's boss by giving Cuomo a job even after he doesn't run for office again.

e: the question should be what's the downside to doing it? Do you think the dem base will punish Joe for it if he does it in any way?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah, what are they gonna do, not vote for him? In the next most important election of our lives?

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

The people claiming Biden will appoint Cuomo to something are the same people claiming that he would staff his administration with Rahm Emanuel and Larry Summers. Needless to say, these predictions were off the mark

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Fister Roboto posted:

Powerful people on both sides of the aisle learned from Trump that all they have to do is say "nah" to literally any allegation, and people will eventually stop caring about it. There is no downside.

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman."--The guy who has been invited to speak at every DNC convention since uttering those words.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

goethe.cx posted:

The people claiming Biden will appoint Cuomo to something are the same people claiming that he would staff his administration with Rahm Emanuel and Larry Summers. Needless to say, these predictions were off the mark

They were right in that these individuals were almost welcomed into notable seats of the administration, but were wrong in guessing how much criticism the administration was willing to stomach to do so. That was early on. Could be different now, could be the same. It would be great if similar orgs to those that objected to Rahm and Larry would have sufficient pull to make the Clintons and Cuomo and others personae non gratae for sex crimes, war crimes, etc.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

The NYT had an update on the parallel state & legislative investigations into Cuomo:

quote:

ALBANY, N.Y. — Four women who have accused Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo of sexual harassment have received subpoenas to testify under oath, the latest indication that the state attorney general’s investigation into Mr. Cuomo’s behavior has entered a critical phase.

The issuing of the subpoenas, which was expected at some point in the inquiry, underscores the investigation’s progress beyond an initial fact-finding phase, during which lawyers interviewed multiple women at length, but not under oath.

The attorney general, Letitia James, has not set a deadline for releasing the findings of her office’s inquiry, which began in early March, but it will almost certainly be completed by summer’s end, according to a person with knowledge of the investigation who was not authorized to discuss it publicly.

The issuing of the subpoenas comes as Republicans and, privately, some Democrats in the State Assembly criticize an impeachment investigation by a State Assembly committee that is examining the sexual harassment allegations, among other issues.

The investigation by the Assembly, which is controlled by Mr. Cuomo’s fellow Democrats, began after Ms. James opened her inquiry. It has drawn criticism for the pace at which it is moving, with some lawmakers describing it as an attempt to buy the governor time as he faces calls for his resignation.

On Thursday, he said that making someone “feel uncomfortable” was not harassment, a statement that would appear to be at odds with a law he signed in 2019. That law says sexual harassment consists of unwanted advances or sexually explicit remarks that are “offensive or objectionable to the recipient” or “cause the recipient discomfort or humiliation.”

“If I just made you feel uncomfortable, that is not harassment, that is feeling uncomfortable,” Mr. Cuomo, a third-term Democrat, said. “I never said anything I believed was inappropriate. I never meant to make you feel that way.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/15/nyregion/cuomo-sexual-harassment-investigation.html

I'm sticking with my prediction that Cuomo's gonna run the clock on this.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
This report just came out today

https://twitter.com/gbrockell/status/1394268991900770309?s=20

George McGovern recommended Carter pardon him. Good going.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Nckdictator posted:

This report just came out today

https://twitter.com/gbrockell/status/1394268991900770309?s=20

George McGovern recommended Carter pardon him. Good going.

Here's a link to the actual article instead of a twitter feed: https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2021/05/17/peter-yarrow-carter-pardon-assault/

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Cuomo has already gotten away with it at this point, hasn't he.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

some plague rats posted:

Cuomo has already gotten away with it at this point, hasn't he.

James is coming out with her report results by the end of summer; she's only examining the harassment charges.

The assembly's investigation is taking longer, because it includes the nursing-home fuckups, and will prolly be slow-walked till Cuomo announces whether he'll run for another term.

I don't think he will.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

sexpig by night posted:

I mean, what's the upside of most of the weirdly spiteful things people like Joe do? It's just owning the people who make him mad.

:ironicat:

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

?

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Hey I know you’re trying to call him a hypocrite or whatever but he’s right, Biden is a spiteful old prick and a big chunk of Dem loyalists love him for it.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I dont read Biden as spiteful at all, heck he even sent rahm to japan!

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
gently caress off with this petty sniping

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

goethe.cx posted:

Hey I wanna come back to this because these ghouls will never be punished and only be rewarded so long as they don't relent and admit they did something wrong.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/biden-settles-ambassador-picks-china-india-japan-n1268872

quote:

Former Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel has been offered the role of ambassador to Japan. NBC News first reported in February that Biden was considering Emanuel, a chief of staff in the Obama White House.

The reward for covering up the murder of black teens is evidently a cushy ambassador post.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Also, just lol at the idea that Cuomo's gonna be impeached at this point, especially when he had the speaker of the state assembly intimidating critics and potential witnesses against Cuomo as of a couple months ago.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/zei_squirrel/status/1398286641366712322

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

So when are we going to admit Cuomo isn't going to face any consequences for sexual misconduct, is there like a deadline date where we finally admit we were all wrong if he's still governor on that day.

I'd think we would have thrown away any hope of powerful rapists being prosecuted once both parties nominated one, but I guess we're still holding out hope?

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
e: I see my question was answered while I made my post!

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

VitalSigns posted:

So when are we going to admit Cuomo isn't going to face any consequences for sexual misconduct, is there like a deadline date where we finally admit we were all wrong if he's still governor on that day.

I'd think we would have thrown away any hope of powerful rapists being prosecuted once both parties nominated one, but I guess we're still holding out hope?

James is finishing her inquiry by the end of this summer.

But I fully expect the state assembly to then whine that BUT OUR INVESTIGATION IS STILL ONGOING and do jackshit till Cuomo announces early next year that he's not going to run again, after which the state assembly decides the issue is moot and Biden slots him a cabinet appt. (not announced till after the midterms, though).

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost
I read that he's looking to serve as many terms as his dad and I think he's still polling well. Plus him stepping down kinda makes him look guilty, so I think Gov Cuomo won't be going anywhere

What a loving monster

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

VitalSigns posted:

I don't think he'll see any consequences to anything but his perceived political future. Basically, what he thought he deserved (senate, high position in another admin, presidency) and was most assuredly going to get because it was his due, even if he didn't ever have a real shot. I'd love to be wrong but he and many powerful democrats continue to get away with so much stuff.

Its possible he thinks he can survive, be vindicated (read: threaten, sleaze and buy his way out) and brute force past the allegations in another election. I have no doubt he is doing everything he can to get to every person who can corroborate what he did. Its a sad state of politics in NY and the democratic party that the investigations may find him guilty and he still runs and wins the primary.

Guy is a corrupt creep. Based on the video of him at the wedding, I doubt they have found all of the people he has victimized and I don't doubt there are more scandals buried.

lil poopendorfer posted:

I read that he's looking to serve as many terms as his dad and I think he's still polling well. Plus him stepping down kinda makes him look guilty, so I think Gov Cuomo won't be going anywhere

What a loving monster

He is not polling so well after the nursing home scandal. Versus other people in the primary and in a general versus a horrible republican? I don't know.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i fully expect cuomo to run for the next election and win the primary

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i fully expect cuomo to run for the next election and win the primary

:smith:

As ever the guilty will be promoted

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
And folks who are saying his crimes are so bad that he has to go right now will be the ones telling us we've gotta vote for him

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1402057800398868481?s=20
https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1402062667746009092?s=20
https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1402066989766647810?s=20

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

You fool, you idiot, you rube. Don't you see how this is a really complicated Law Thing that I understand because I went to a very expensive school and read very thoughtful articles about how this is The Rules and Good Actually, and unless Joe Biden and his administration defends Donald Trump against rape charges the Democrats will be just as bad...or worse! than Donald Trump himself and it will be fascist authoritarianism which I clap am clap not clap here clap for? Don't you have any respect for the norms of this great nation? Have you no decorum?

Can't get in trouble if you are or have ever been the president, that's part of the game. Trump will never be held accountable for any of the rape or sexual abuse he's committed (or anything else), just as Joe Biden will never be held accountable for any of the rape or sexual abuse (or anything else) he's committed. E. Jean Carroll, like Tara Reade, will never see justice. The women who Cuomo abused will never see justice. That's not how it works here.

There was maybe a slight, slight chance that this could have been starting to change but we had to torpedo #MeToo in order to defeat the friggin Mango Mussolini, so

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Please resist the urge to shitpost in this thread^

btw re the Carroll stuff, apparently it was doj acting on their own without contacting the whitehouse?

https://twitter.com/joshgerstein/status/1402092302571540483

idk if the linked politico article has been updated accordingly yet, I think they just shoehorned in a single paragraph and left the rest of the article untouched :rolleyes:

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jun 8, 2021

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Excellent, the most Dem response possible. We were not consulted, we strongly condemn this, we have different standards, and in order to stop this from happening we're going to hey look over there!!!!

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

I agree that the lying news media and sicko deep state is very unfair to our beautiful president!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
really getting the impression that this thread's culture and/or posting standards might be better suited to cspam

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

GreyjoyBastard posted:

really getting the impression that this thread's culture and/or posting standards might be better suited to cspam

We do tend to believe women in cspam.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

You are however, free to discuss Tara Reade in its own thread in dnd or cspam, if you want.
King Jeffrey has spoken. Are you threatening to ban talking about tara reade in D&D?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Either close the thread or stop the cry posting. This kind of posting from a moderator on the debate forum looks absolutely pathetic and whinging. There's no benefit to this, you just look like a loser tut tutting over a thread that's generally going fine because you don't like the general tone of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

If you close this thread bc of :decorum: rules that haven't yet been spelled out then please do spell them out for when the next sexpest thread is created.

Because it will be created, due to the no. of sexpests running our country, both historically & currently.