Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

Really? Yall pissed off delta to the point they left? Was that necessary? :sigh:

An awful snipe, so I'll add that I love my pointless shuttle reskin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Grakkus posted:

Really? Yall pissed off delta to the point they left? Was that necessary? :sigh:

it was a joke

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

it was a joke

mlyp

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

it was a joke

K I'm dumb

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Grakkus posted:

They got trasher SRP and Aritzia was freed so mutiny solved I guess

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER
I do like how the directorate is kind of aware they can’t treat delta like a normal sig/squad and we’re always one hairs breadth from shooting blues.

Dalael posted:

I'm actually surprised that Angry Mustache isn't higher on that list tbh. Right now the CSM needs someone who knows about the economy and from what i've seen him posts, he's the guy.
Also there's no way i'm voting for xenuria. ain't happening

There are actual economists running, not people who infer that CCP doesn’t understand supply/demand shock timelines. :v:

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Late night EVE Online Twitch streams are absolutely wild. Some dude smoked meth on stream, then I left to watch (listen) to someone that was just sleeping while drifting through space in their capsule.

What the gently caress has EVE done to ya'll? I don't know if I can be a part of this game. It was cool watching streams for a bit because like, 6 of the top 10 streamers were goons and then you all disappeared and I was left with meth heads.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

ShowTime posted:

Late night EVE Online Twitch streams are absolutely wild. Some dude smoked meth on stream, then I left to watch (listen) to someone that was just sleeping while drifting through space in their capsule.

What the gently caress has EVE done to ya'll? I don't know if I can be a part of this game. It was cool watching streams for a bit because like, 6 of the top 10 streamers were goons and then you all disappeared and I was left with meth heads.

let me introduce you to my good friend evan mclean

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
smoking meth on twitch seems really sad but also entirely expected

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

OMFG FURRY posted:

smoking meth on twitch seems really sad but also entirely expected

Ice is coming to Eve

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Baculus posted:

I do like how the directorate is kind of aware they can’t treat delta like a normal sig/squad and we’re always one hairs breadth from shooting blues.

There are actual economists running, not people who infer that CCP doesn’t understand supply/demand shock timelines. :v:
Pointing out the supply/demand shock timeline of guidance systems was particularly stupid, given the the goonswarm finance team was actively managing that price for years.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Dik Hz posted:

Pointing out the supply/demand shock timeline of guidance systems was particularly stupid, given the the goonswarm finance team was actively managing that price for years.

yeah there was nothing natural about that for most of a decade. the price was solely dictated by how willing the major stockpilers (the finance team and a handful of directors at the time of the patch) were to take a discount. only very stupid people made it for like 6-8 years after the patch

evilweasel fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Jun 9, 2021

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rust Martialis posted:

Ice is coming to Eve

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
So i voted mostly as the state required. There were Xenuria related changes to my ballot tho and im sorry but Bacculus #1

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Rust Martialis posted:

Ice is coming to Eve

:hmmyes:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Dalael posted:

So i voted mostly as the state required. There were Xenuria related changes to my ballot tho and im sorry but Bacculus #1

Xenuria still being in is a weird leftover disconnect between the directors and the members that I still don’t quite understand. The only positive that came from it was DJ’s meltdown.

Mappo
Apr 27, 2009
I honestly don't believe that the CSM is of any use to us as players. The past changes CCP has made without the CSM's input is, in my opinion, proof of that. But I still voted the way the state told me to. Good luck Bacculus!

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Mappo posted:

I honestly don't believe that the CSM is of any use to us as players. The past changes CCP has made without the CSM's input is, in my opinion, proof of that. But I still voted the way the state told me to. Good luck Bacculus!

the true value of the csm is the way pubbies rage when all our people get in

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i wouldn't mind a free trip to fart island

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

i wouldn't mind a free trip to fart island

you don't actually get to do fart island things while on CSM, they pack you in a tiny room with other undershowered nerds and you have meetings all day

Aedaxus
Feb 3, 2019

Dalael posted:

You can change the #1 position but leave the rest in place. See below why;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wright_system

edit: I found a more detailed example https://nosygamer.blogspot.com/2018/03/csm-13-election-explaining-single.html

Aedaxus fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jun 9, 2021

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
can someone give me a list of things the CSM has actually accomplished

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Foehammer007 posted:

1. Red dot
2. Uhhhh I'm sure there's some other stuff I'm forgetting

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Aedaxus posted:

You can change the #1 position but leave the rest in place. See below why;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wright_system

edit: I found a more detailed example https://nosygamer.blogspot.com/2018/03/csm-13-election-explaining-single.html

That was surprisingly well written.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Foehammer007 posted:

Free trips to Iceland for the winners

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Stereotype posted:

The hàkarl buffet is not-to-be-missed

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Stereotype posted:

“Free” in the sense that they pay for a coach ticket and a hotel, I guess. You’re still spending your personal PTO to spend multiple days cooped up in a conference room with a bunch of Eve nerds; it’s not exactly a vacation.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

yeah i refuse to do any international travel unless it's first class. because i'm a badass. lol

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

i love goons being so condescending about free international travel

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Yea, who doesn't want to be packed into coach seats for 14 hours during a global pandemic?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

WorkerThread posted:

yeah i refuse to do any international travel unless it's first class. because i'm a badass. lol

same, OP, except business class

anything over 4 hours in coach is miserable

im sure i could find out easily but idk what the flight from o'hare to fart town is. probably 5-6hrs.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

WorkerThread posted:

i love goons being so condescending about free international travel

i forgot the part about "the thing you were so passionate about, so much so that it convinced tens of thousands of other players to send you to fartwater, gets ripped apart under a thousand cuts of neglect, misplaced pride, and hyperbolic distrust"

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

The purpose of the CSM is to reply "No" to the question "Wait, did CCP even run XYZ insane half-baked change past the CSM first?!"

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Why doesn't CCP listen to the CSM more? Is it a cultural distrust of strangers or something? Genuinely curious.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

Ynglaur posted:

Why doesn't CCP listen to the CSM more? Is it a cultural distrust of strangers or something? Genuinely curious.

Imagine having your devops cycle sharpshot by your advertising department or literally anyone. I think that’s basically it.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Ynglaur posted:

because the devs at ccp hate us and want the game to be as bad as possible so they can just go live in peace on their volcano but we just won't stop playing

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Stereotype posted:

because the devs at ccp hate us and want the game to be as bad as possible so they can just go live in peace on their volcano but we just won't stop playing

I mean.... this actually makes a lot of sense

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Ynglaur posted:

They're afraid of getting metagamed. No, really.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Loky11 posted:

Imagine having your devops cycle sharpshot by your advertising department or literally anyone. I think that’s basically it.

They can build that into their devops cycle.

They only exist so CCP can claim they care and listen. The CSMs are marketing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

They're afraid of getting metagamed. No, really.