Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Gas shortage? Hah! There's only a gas shortage for chumps

E: alternatively

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 16:05 on May 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.
https://twitter.com/helbard/status/1392468850638082048

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hoarding-gas-plastic-bags/

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Thanks. It did lead to:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
U LIBTARDS CANT TELL ME WHAT TO DO,,,,,,, BACK IN MY DAY WE CARRIED GAS FOR THE BONFIRE UPHILL BOTH WAYS TO SCHOOL IN A TIN CUP AND WE LIKED IT ,,

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

https://www.chronicleonline.com/news/local/hummer-destroyed-in-fire-one-person-hurt/article_b7d2ba02-b34f-11eb-a432-cb80308881fa.html

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Someone swung wide from the far left turn lane to the outside left turn lane and cut off the Charger ahead of me. They were immediately lit up and pulled over. I think that's the fastest infraction to pullover I've ever witnessed.

To be clear, the blue Charger was Colorado State Police.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Dashcam Owners Australia Road Rage compilation video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjmN8qtqZdU

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
For some reason I live for correcting people making wide right turns. It gets me off. I don't know why.
I love finding a double right turn lane setup at an intersection, I take the left lane possible, and make my legal right turn only to have the guy on the inside swing wide into my lane EVERY loving TIME. So I lay on the horn, watch them jerk their wheel everywhere. I don't know, its satisfying to me.

So the other day I did the same thing, laid on my horn, the dude got mad and pulled around to my driver side at the next light

"so whats up, man? "
"There are two right turn lanes, you swung wide into mine"
"well, the left most lane eventually has to turn, so everyone has to swing wide"
"no, that's not how that works, its illegal to swing wide on a right"
"you have to swing wide"
"no dude"
"gently caress OFF" *drives off*

It felt good.

Here's the offramp:

And I was laughing about the excuse that everyone needs to turn wide since the inner lane basically becomes a forced turn. And uh, if I've never been there, how would I know????

But lets humor him and see how quick that forced turn comes up:

LOL

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

They actually teach in driver's ed now to never turn with someone next to you because they will invariably take your lane. You intentionally slow down or speed up to stagger the spacing for when some dildo does it.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

If I'm in the outside lane on one of these I just turn wide by default. Especially on one that is really poorly laid out that dumps people into a right turn only lane that ends in just over a tenth of a mile.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

They re-painted a couple of roundabouts by work a solid 3 years ago now and at least once a week I watch someone cut across from the outside lane into the inside one despite there being two very clearly marked lanes round it.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Aeka 2.0 posted:

For some reason I live for correcting people making wide right turns. It gets me off. I don't know why.
I love finding a double right turn lane setup at an intersection, I take the left lane possible, and make my legal right turn only to have the guy on the inside swing wide into my lane EVERY loving TIME. So I lay on the horn, watch them jerk their wheel everywhere. I don't know, its satisfying to me.

So the other day I did the same thing, laid on my horn, the dude got mad and pulled around to my driver side at the next light

"so whats up, man? "
"There are two right turn lanes, you swung wide into mine"
"well, the left most lane eventually has to turn, so everyone has to swing wide"
"no, that's not how that works, its illegal to swing wide on a right"
"you have to swing wide"
"no dude"
"gently caress OFF" *drives off*

It felt good.

Here's the offramp:

And I was laughing about the excuse that everyone needs to turn wide since the inner lane basically becomes a forced turn. And uh, if I've never been there, how would I know????

But lets humor him and see how quick that forced turn comes up:

LOL

Gonna get hit and have to deal with insurance or a hit and run driver for the lulz

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Gonna get hit and have to deal with insurance or a hit and run driver for the lulz

Exactly this. Gonna burn a shitload of time and potentially money, not to mention if its a vehicle you've put actual effort into all for the sake of being 'right'. Have fun replacing said vehicle in 2021 too.

Driving went to poo poo with covid. I understand how maddening lovely piss poor drivers are. Try to figure out what idiots are gonna do before they do it then get the gently caress out of their way. Put them up front, get them off your rear end or sides. Let them go find the scene of the accident but keep yourself out of it. Turning lane drift is a classic fuckup and its about as common as suv owners overestimating their vehicle's abilities in snow.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
Oh I'm not riding door to door, its my front bumper to their rear. I can bail if its too spicey.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Just the other day I was in the right lane and the person to the left of me turned right. They were not in a turn lane AND my lane had the option of going straight. Luckily I was turning too or I would have t-boned them.

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
There is an intersection in my hometown where one direction is four lanes at controlled intersection arranged:
⬅️⬅️⬆️➡️
1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣4️⃣

One time in 2 right at the stop light turning left and the car in 3 at the stop line decided to also turn left. It was a great feeling having to slow down just enough not to be sideswiped but not too much to be rear ended.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
At some point you have to accept a given intersection was just designed extremely poorly if that many people are pulling dumb moves at it compared to other intersections around town. Not that you can do anything about it other than being on higher lookout for people doing the predictable fuckups. (not talking about waffle iron's post, but in genearl)

My "favorite" around here is set up like this:

Guess how many people come out of the gas station in the lower right and then either try to get into the left turn lane(for the northbound lane, to go west) or just turn left to go south. Across several lanes of traffic going anywhere between 40-50mph. With northbound traffic jockeying to get into the left non-turn lane because it merges down into that one lane just past the light. And if the light for north/south is red, traffic is generally backed up at least to that smaller street just south of the gas station.

I'm surprised more people don't get t-boned there but I'm guessing everyone who lives around here is on the lookout for it.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

waffle iron posted:

There is an intersection in my hometown where one direction is four lanes at controlled intersection arranged:
⬅️⬅️⬆️➡️
1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣4️⃣

One time in 2 right at the stop light turning left and the car in 3 at the stop line decided to also turn left. It was a great feeling having to slow down just enough not to be sideswiped but not too much to be rear ended.

I've had that happen but 2 is a straight or left lane and I was going straight. I saw them start to come over before I even started going straight so I just waited for them to drive right in front of me like nothing.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Haifisch posted:

I'm surprised more people don't get t-boned there but I'm guessing everyone who lives around here is on the lookout for it.

In my old age I tend to favor gas stations that aren't a complete clusterfuck trying to get out of in the direction I wish to travel.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Colostomy Bag posted:

In my old age I tend to favor gas stations that aren't a complete clusterfuck trying to get out of in the direction I wish to travel.

Yeah or try to figure out another way out besides the biggest pain in the rear end way. Funny how some people insist on leaving the same way they came in even tho they'd have to go across four lanes to make a left turn, then wait for a football fields' worth of space to make a move holding up everyone trying to leave to the right.

I think some people are just incapable of improvising and problem solving while driving

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Colostomy Bag posted:

Can you convince my dad? He turns left across 2 lanes of traffic to save literally 1 cent per gallon, then had to turn left out of the station across those 2 lanes of traffic. There’s a gas station on the right side of the road!!

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Yeah or try to figure out another way out besides the biggest pain in the rear end way. Funny how some people insist on leaving the same way they came in even tho they'd have to go across four lanes to make a left turn, then wait for a football fields' worth of space to make a move holding up everyone trying to leave to the right.

I think some people are just incapable of improvising and problem solving while driving

Same reason we end up with people diving across the gore point or reversing up the freeway.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Deeters posted:

Same reason we end up with people diving across the gore point or reversing up the freeway.

There's definitely people that will only drive the exact same way back from wherever they went to because they have no sense of direction at all, and a simple change like leaving a gas station on the north side instead of the east side would completely gently caress them up. I personally know people like this that have lived in my area for years.

Don't even get me started on people that can't understand a simple grid system, or even the concept of North, South, East and West.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Colostomy Bag posted:

There is a gas station nearby which has 4-5 islands with a large convenience store, an A&W with drive thru and the cherry on top - a fairly large full service sit down restaurant attached to it.

All with a single entrance/exit on a busy road that is about 50' from major controlled highway intersection :downs:

Oh yeah, you have to drive either through or around the pump islands to get to the restaurant. I am not sure how this design got approved. They shouldn't even allow left hand turns out of it - it's a disaster. You'll get one chucklefuck who'll insist on turning left to get out during rush hour which will back everyone up in the parking lot for like 10 minutes. Of course they could turn right and, you know, go around the block (or any other multitude of ways) but refuse to do it because MUST TURN LEFT.

slidebite fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jun 9, 2021

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Applebees Appetizer posted:

There's definitely people that will only drive the exact same way back from wherever they went to because they have no sense of direction at all, and a simple change like leaving a gas station on the north side instead of the east side would completely gently caress them up. I personally know people like this that have lived in my area for years.

Don't even get me started on people that can't understand a simple grid system, or even the concept of North, South, East and West.

My mom is like that. I've seen her use siri to go to a restaurant a mile from her house. The directions are literally "exit your driveway, go north one mile, turn right into the strip mall."

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

MisterOblivious posted:

My mom is like that. I've seen her use siri to go to a restaurant a mile from her house. The directions are literally "exit your driveway, go north one mile, turn right into the strip mall."

I think a lot of distracted drivers use nav to check out even further without missing turns.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Can you convince my dad? He turns left across 2 lanes of traffic to save literally 1 cent per gallon, then had to turn left out of the station across those 2 lanes of traffic. There’s a gas station on the right side of the road!!
That's how they get'cha! :clint:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
The cheapest gas in town is at one of the busiest intersections and some days the only good I accomplish is stopping someone from trying to pull out across 3 lanes of traffic blindly

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
We have a double left turn I have to take a lot about a mile from our house and the number of people who cut the corner when turning from the outside lane is infuriating.

People on the inside lane also tend to put 1/2 to a full car length into the opposing lane when they cut the corner.

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
I'm a fan of left turn lanes having a stop line car length set back from the adjoining lane. And even then you see the wear lines on road have worn away a part of the setback stop line.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Near my house is an intersection with one road having 6 lanes in both directions (2L, 3 straight, 1 straight and right). I need to turn right to go home. Turn on red is allowed but because you can also go straight many cars do that and block turning on red. Technically legal.

Here is the thing though. Very often the right turn lane will be dozens of cars long and it will take multiple cycles to get through. The 3 straight lanes are always much shorter... sometimes even just 1 or 2 cars. But people going straight will sit in the far right lane for multiple cycles while people to their left zip by. And it's not like they need to turn just beyond the light... there is tons of space to change lanes after the light before any major business.

I hate all those people. It's like they want to spite us right turners on purpose.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

MisterOblivious posted:

Does she not have feet? (If she is actually disabled, I apologize)
Honestly there's nothing more American (or Canadian and possibly Australian) that driving a mile or less.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

this may surprise you, but some people are not capable of walking a mile or may not live in a place where walking a mile is viable or may not live in a place where public transportation is a thing

Tex Avery
Feb 13, 2012
Unfortunately, with the way many towns are set up, being a pedestrian is basically a self harm risk. Take this town in Alabama I was in recently. As you can see, the hotel I was staying at (with the pin on it) is less than a quarter mile from that Target across the street. However, this road is a major thoroughfare, and the pedestrian crossings are roughly a half mile apart on either side of the shopping center, and they're very poorly set up. I learned the hard way that the crossing to the southeast only gives you enough time to cross from one side to the middle before you lose the crosswalk sign, AND the "push to cross" button in the middle island is non functioning. Additionally, since the parking lot is paved with asphalt and it was a clear as sunny day, I ruined a perfectly good pair of sneakers because they melted, even though the ambient temperature was only 75°F/24°C.

I was there on a business trip, and thought I could get away with just using a cab to go to and from the airport, and walk everywhere else. After three days, I called my boss and begged for approval of a rental car on an expense report.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

MrLogan posted:

We have a double left turn I have to take a lot about a mile from our house and the number of people who cut the corner when turning from the outside lane is infuriating.

People on the inside lane also tend to put 1/2 to a full car length into the opposing lane when they cut the corner.

I have a double left but it goes from 2 lanes into 4. There are very clear dashed lines showing left lane goes to 1&2 and right lane to 3&4. I use the left lane to go to lane#2. It's basically a coin toss if someone in the right lane tries to turn into me.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
i_drive_a_bmw.jpeg

Yes those are downed power lines hanging over the head in hands guy

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Driving shirtless and shoeless is a heck of a move

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Fifty Three posted:

this may surprise you, but some people are not capable of walking a mile or may not live in a place where walking a mile is viable or may not live in a place where public transportation is a thing

Hence the disability comment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

In some weather conditions, I wouldn't walk a mile to anyplace I was going to be sitting for long. After a mile in a Texas summer, I usually feel like I need a shower.