Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Humphreys posted:

This bullshit is why the media should be naming and shaming. you wanna be THAT fuckwit that travels two states and go to BUNNINGS on your 'holiday'? You deserve to be dragged through the broken glass. Fucken oval office.

While it's generally a good move not to name-and-shame for accidental infections and the like, for sheer utter dumbfuckery like this they should have her name and photo headlining on newspapers and news sites because she's hosed over two states and potentially killed people.

edit: Hope anyone on the east side of Victoria's doing alright tonight, because the AusNet outage map is lit up like a christmas tree :eyepop:.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jun 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

lol and some other cunts tried to sneak off to NZ

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-09/melburnians-travel-bubble-australia-new-zealand-covid-19/100202344

These'll be the same type of cunts who won't get the vaccine cause they only think of themselves.

Stay in your states if there's an outbreak, how hard is it :cripes:

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

just thought of a good cats name

Stewart of Gondii

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

Naming and shaming Australians will never work

https://mobile.twitter.com/cashbonez/status/1298739388029919233?lang=en

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Its not like the borders are closed so what was expected?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

so they definitely have a holiday house in Caloundra yeah? That’s gotta be a pretty short list of people. I don’t think they should be publicly named but surely the locals would figure it out.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Neddy Seagoon posted:

edit: Hope anyone on the east side of Victoria's doing alright tonight, because the AusNet outage map is lit up like a christmas tree :eyepop:.

A friend of mine in the Macedon Ranges has no power or water and the road to their property is closed because of fallen power lines.

Forecast is for a maximum of 10C here.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jun 9, 2021

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

well why not posted:

so they definitely have a holiday house in Caloundra yeah? That’s gotta be a pretty short list of people. I don’t think they should be publicly named but surely the locals would figure it out.

You'd be amazed how many people have holiday homes in Caloundra

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I've got 3

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

You'd be amazed how many people have holiday homes in Caloundra

Not just people, there's a shitload of Victorians with holiday houses up there too.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
I'll bet Dubbo and Moree would like to get their hands on her.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

true but i'm amazed by many facts and figures, as well as most shiny surfaces, bright lights, that sort of thing

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
Spotted in Aldi:

Maccaw parrots in QLD? Unacceptable

Hey also, does anyone here know anything about how those labour hire recruitment places work? I saw a job I was interested in and put in applications through two different agencies for the same job as I figured hey cast a big net. Now I've had both of them call me back and want to shortlist me, but they've both sent me a document to sign email that asks me to agree to let them represent me.

What happens if I just sign both of them? Obvs each recruiter wants me to let them represent me so they will get their hourly cut, but will it help me or strengthen my candidacy in some way if I get shortlisted twice?

bee fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jun 10, 2021

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

bee posted:

QLD? Unacceptable

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I would assume you would need to look at the document as there will likely be a clause regarding representation. IE don't sign up with another company

I would talk to both you see who is best going to represent your interests

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Husband of the Victorian woman has now tested positive, which dashes any hope that she wasn't infectious while travelling.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

It's not in the actual registration document, just both emails say "please say in your reply that you agree to let our agency represent you"

Both agencies have the same rate of pay for the job, the only difference between the two is one replied faster than the other one.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Lolie posted:

Husband of the Victorian woman has now tested positive, which dashes any hope that she wasn't infectious while travelling.

gently caress these people, how bloody hard is it just to stay home?! Selfish pricks

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
Out in Orange this morning.

It's gonna be a top of 13 in Syd today

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Fine them a significant amount of money (maybe 10% of their franking credits or the increased value of their investment properties) for every single destination they visited while infected.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

What fucks me off about this is that when those two brown girls in Brisbane went all around Brisbane while potentially infectious, their pictures were all over the newspapers in Brisbane, with some fairly slanderous title.

Someone should let them know they may have a case against the newscorpse rag in brissy that did it for defamation, because they're the only ones who have ever been named and shamed afaik

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Dine and Discover vouchers in NSW can now be used up until the end of July.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lolie posted:

Husband of the Victorian woman has now tested positive.

Good.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lolie posted:

Dine and Discover vouchers in NSW can now be used up until the end of July.

And you can go to your local cinema and exchange them for a $25 gift voucher :eng101:

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

McSpergin posted:

What fucks me off about this is that when those two brown girls in Brisbane went all around Brisbane while potentially infectious, their pictures were all over the newspapers in Brisbane, with some fairly slanderous title.

Someone should let them know they may have a case against the newscorpse rag in brissy that did it for defamation, because they're the only ones who have ever been named and shamed afaik

Id be going after whatever 'doctor' performed their costmetic surgery first.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Infinitum posted:

And you can go to your local cinema and exchange them for a $25 gift voucher :eng101:

Apparently Hoyts and KFC have been the major beneficiaries of this.

My local Chinese and Indian restaurants are taking them.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jun 10, 2021

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I'm at Kenilworth and tbh these pies are pretty loving good. The sweet bakery has some grouse donuts too I got a gaytime donut. You can also get a coffee in a hollowed out donut.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I'm at Kenilworth and tbh these pies are pretty loving good. The sweet bakery has some grouse donuts too I got a gaytime donut. You can also get a coffee in a hollowed out donut.

Based

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

You can also get a coffee in a hollowed out donut.

wait... wat?

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Do the 1kg challenge.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Airstream Driver posted:

Do the 1kg challenge.

I thought about it but it's loving big. There's a plate with the name Adam Hill on it that says 'this is evil and I regret it' lol

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

That would be about 250g of sugar which seems like too much sugar.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Oh goody; There's another Mystery Outbreak in Victoria, this time it's a family of four in Reservoir that's completely unrelated to any of the infection sites. It's curious they haven't said which variant it is, though hopefully it's just more Delta and not another Kappa appearance.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh goody; There's another Mystery Outbreak in Victoria, this time it's a family of four in Reservoir that's completely unrelated to any of the infection sites. It's curious they haven't said which variant it is, though hopefully it's just more Delta and not another Kappa appearance.

the world does not need another Warwick Cappa appearance

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Laserface posted:

the world does not need another Warwick Cappa appearance

Visible Stink met Warwick Capper once

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You didn't see that them quietly announce that the Delta strain originated from Hotel quarantine in Melbourne?

I would put good money on this new outbreak being another gently caress up.

Whoever is running quarantine down there needs a smack upside the head

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Typhoid Mary and her husband left Victoria because they are moving to Queensland. Bringing covid with you is one hell of an entrance.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jun 10, 2021

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Infinitum posted:

Whoever is running quarantine down there needs a smack upside the head

The way these things go, I'd say even-odds whoever was responsible for the last big outbreak never got fired or punished, and it's the same person's fault again.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Lolie posted:

Typhoid Mary and her husband left Victoria because they are moving to Queensland. Brining covid with you is one hell of an entrance.

That they knew they were leaving melbourne and didnt get a test is bit of a oval office act

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Imagine knowing the whole country thinks you're a oval office

Then imagine you're not Scott Morrison