Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

creamcorn posted:

hi i want to give away my board game collection, need the space and i no longer live near my group.

pay for shipping for any of these games (continental us) and they're yours. if you live in socal, i would also probably be willing to just drive somewhere and give stuff to you.

- Twilight Imperium Third Edition, plus both expansions (https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/12493/twilight-imperium-third-edition). Everything is stuffed into the original box.

I’d love to take this off your hands!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

I'll take this. thanks!

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
I just wanted to say that I hate this thread:

There was 18% off on everything at my FLGS, had to do it

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Good games, gamer.

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
Always buy more games. It’s a better investment than stocks!
if you keep them in perfect condition, and they go out of print, and you find someone to buy them

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Terminally Bored posted:

wow that is a rock solid set of games for a variety of player counts.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I would love Memoir '44; thank you, kind goon.

untzthatshit
Oct 27, 2007

Snit Snitford

I saw something about a new Richard Garfield game and just impulse pre-ordered it. My justification is hey, at least it's not a kickstarter! I might actually be able to play this in a couple months. I also think Dominion is the only deckbuilder in my collection so I like the variety of this being a sort of deckbuilder but with characters on a map to maneuver as well.

https://renegadegamestudios.com/the-hunger/

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

Infinitum posted:

I feel like these wouldn't be super hard to move if you sold them for a reasonable price

Incredibly generous of you regardless.

yeah ik homie, i just have way too many material possesions rn though. i find the process of reselling and haggling soul-crushing, but i also don't want my beloved games rotting away in a thrift store somewhere.

this also gives people who might not otherwise have it access to the particular parts of the hobby that get gatekept by not being able to afford ten thousand plastic spaceships.

went through and marked everyone's claims thus far in my op, thanks for the good response and for not being greedy and trying to take multiple lol. i was planning on just taking venmo for payment because it's v easy for me, if you can't venmo we'll work out an alternative once i close up the claims and get all the logistical stuff started.

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

What is the Oath singleplayer like? I still had a gaming group when I backed it on KS and now I'm wondering if I should open it or just keep it shrinkwrapped for resale at some point.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I wouldn't bother with it at less than 3. I think the bot in Pax Pamir 2 was much better, which was designed by Ricky Royal and not Cole. Cole admits he's not a solo gamer and I think that shows in the Oath bot.

Speaking of, Ricky's game Renegade is getting a new edition/retheme/rename this year. It always looked neat, I hope to try it when this version comes out.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jun 9, 2021

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Bottom Liner posted:

I wouldn't bother with it at less than 3. I think the bot in Pax Pamir 2 was much better, which was designed by Ricky Royal and not Cole. Cole admits he's not a solo gamer and I think that shows in the Oath bot.

Speaking of, Ricky's game Renegade is getting a new edition/retheme/rename this year. It always looked neat, I hope to try it when this version comes out.

Oath as a single-player would be a lot like Sidereal Confluence as a single-player; potentially doable but completely lacking all of the qualities that actually make the game worth playing.

Also, if I see one more person on BGG compare Oath to Feudum, I think I'm going to erupt into a rant there. The only comparison point is that their boards are both very long and have similar color schemes and the setting is vaguely fantasy medieval. How those two get mentioned in the same breath is beyond me.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

creamcorn posted:

hi i want to give away my board game collection, need the space and i no longer live near my group.

- Fungi/Morels (https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/122298/morels). mine says fungi on it.

i'll double check everything before i send them out and send pictures, i do not have the energy to do a thorough audit on all these things rn.

I would love to take this off your hands. Always loved the vibe, but never played.

tomdidiot
Apr 23, 2014

Stupid Grognard

Terminally Bored posted:

There was 18% off on everything at my FLGS, had to do it

Maria is a great game.

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

Memnaelar posted:

Oath as a single-player would be a lot like Sidereal Confluence as a single-player; potentially doable but completely lacking all of the qualities that actually make the game worth playing.

Yeah, that's more or less what I figured, since the player interaction is why I backed it in the first place. Ah well!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Does anyone own the original KS version of Paris? If so can you comment on the quality of the game components?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gamebrewer/paris-expansion

Currently backing the bigbox and curious how the ~wood tiles with heat transfer printing~ hold up

Hammockbottom
Apr 10, 2005

It was Hamhockbottom right?

creamcorn posted:

pay for shipping for any of these games (continental us) and they're yours. if you live in socal, i would also probably be willing to just drive somewhere and give stuff to you.

- Snake Oil. (https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/113289/snake-oil)

-Civilization: The Board Game (2010) (https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/77130/sid-meiers-civilization-board-game)

i'll double check everything before i send them out and send pictures, i do not have the energy to do a thorough audit on all these things rn.

I'd be interested in these two, but I want to make sure it would be kosher to grab two. If not Civ would be wonderful by itself.

Let me know what I need to do, and thanks a ton!

FulsomFrank
Sep 11, 2005

Hard on for love

tomdidiot posted:

Maria is a great game.

I've been waiting to play it for a couple of years now :(

Breadnought
Aug 25, 2009

I haven’t seen Paris Deluxe, but Gugong Deluxe is from the same company - the component quality is pretty amazing. But $100 plus shipping for something you’ll probably be able to buy in a retail version for half that (or less on sale) doesn’t do much for me.

Infinitum posted:

Does anyone own the original KS version of Paris? If so can you comment on the quality of the game components?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gamebrewer/paris-expansion

Currently backing the bigbox and curious how the ~wood tiles with heat transfer printing~ hold up

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Looks like BattleArkham Galactihorror just got announced. I'm not spending $80 for a game I'll never play, since most of the time it's just my wife and I playing but I like the art.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2021/6/10/traitors-and-terror/

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Funzo posted:

Looks like BattleArkham Galactihorror just got announced. I'm not spending $80 for a game I'll never play, since most of the time it's just my wife and I playing but I like the art.

hey if it doesnt take 9 hours like a game of bsg you might have my attention

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Bottom Liner posted:

I honestly don't think the Oath bot is bad solo, but it's a lot like the Pax Pamir bot, in that it isn't really going to emulate the way you'd play with human players but it can give you interesting tactical problems to solve. But yeah, I don't know if I'd keep it if you think you're going to be 100% solo forever.

CapMoron
Nov 20, 2000
Forum Veteran

creamcorn posted:

- Rampage (https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/97903/terror-meeple-city). from before the name change, box has one of the flaps torn so it kinda flips up like a garage door.

I've been looking for a copy of this and would love to have it!

FulsomFrank
Sep 11, 2005

Hard on for love

Funzo posted:

Looks cool to me, dig the theme. Be interested to see if it's any good.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

So far from the announcement I only spot a few subtle differences from Battlestar. I will have to tune into the unboxing on the 16th.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

Funzo posted:

Food is never an issue, ##bottom

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I forget who’s ability that was, but it was straight off a BSG character (in the preview: add a skill card after the cards are revealed). Also no once per game abilities.

I’d do some forum games of it but not super interested in owning cthulhu bsg i think, unless they really got some special sauce that makes the game a lot better

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

creamcorn posted:

- Tales of the Arabian Nights (https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/34119/tales-arabian-nights).

I'd take this one if its still up for grabs.

Radioactive Toy
Sep 14, 2005

Nothing has ever happened here, nothing.
Was able to play our first game of Sidereal Confluence last weekend with 5. What an experience. I was really worried that the game wouldn't click with my group as it's so much different than what we're used to. During the initial explanation I could see some eyes glazing over, and 4 out of the 5 of us were basically ready to fall asleep after some long days. I was 100% expecting to start the first round to a everyone just reading cards and blank stares. However, upon starting the first round the table immediately erupted into all 5 of us making deals and pushing cubes all over the place. It only really took one round before everyone started honing in on how everything worked together. I stressed during teaching how important making good trades is, and how stonewalling would just make you lose as everyone else makes trades and I think that helped a lot. In the end, everyone really loved it. We spent a lot of time discussing what everyone would do next time if they played the same factions and are going to play again this weekend. Can't wait for game #2.

Ogdred Weary
Jul 1, 2007

A is for Amy who fell down the stairs
I'm getting really excited about Imperium Classics and Imperium Legends. Did anyone get their hands on it yet?

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
I've wanted to own a copy of BSG, but they're getting a bit hard to find now--the expansions especially--so this is welcome news. I also think the reskin will be an easier sell based on my experience--"yes it's based on a show, no you don't have to have seen the show, a cylon is a kind of robot that's pretending it's human, etc etc"--whereas nobody seems to care if they've had any direct exposure to Lovecraft in general, or Call of Cthulhu/Arkham Horror in particular.

IDK maybe it's just me :v:

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I don't know anyone in person who still has good will towards BSG after its final season. A reskin would be easier to get to the table.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Unfathomable def has my :nyoron: senses tingling.

KPC_Mammon posted:

BSG after its final season.

Don't remind me :argh:

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
I'm super excited about BSC. We kinda burnt out on playing BSG but I could see a retheme getting it back to the table, and if the guy posting in boardgames reddit who seems to be a playtester is to be believed it sounds like they've streamlined and improved a lot from BSG which would be great as it had some pretty clunky edges.

Also I'm pretty sure I'm getting increasingly picky and hard to please the longer I've been in this hobby. I went to NZs big board gaming con last weekend and played a bunch of new stuff in addition to another con a couple of weeks before. After playing all of Beyond The Sun, Ruins of Arnak, Dune Imperium, Excavation Earth, Isle Of Cats and Dinogenics my response to all of them was pretty much 'it was fine'.

Kerro fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jun 11, 2021

Carillon
May 9, 2014

creamcorn posted:

- Machi Koro (https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/143884/machi-koro)

I'd be interested in Machi Koro if it's still available!

Carillon fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jun 11, 2021

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Max Peck posted:

Food is never an issue, ##bottom

How many house rules did the BSG fourm game here have before interest died out? Something like an entire expansion reworked?

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
Weird that reveal effects have been moved off the traitor cards, and onto the specific characters. I suppose it adds a little more strategic consideration, since you can predict a little more if you suspect someone is a traitor.

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.
What are the threads opinions on Alchemists? The premise sounds intriguing.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

Roluth posted:

How many house rules did the BSG fourm game here have before interest died out? Something like an entire expansion reworked?

Burn Exodus.

But yeah, our house rule situation was kind of nuts, and I would welcome a well-written rework. Unfortunately, this is still FFG...

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

Weird that reveal effects have been moved off the traitor cards, and onto the specific characters. I suppose it adds a little more strategic consideration, since you can predict a little more if you suspect someone is a traitor.

They might also be trying to solve the problem of Cylon Hybrid cards having more stuff on them than YANAC Human cards, so you could tell who had what unless you made a point of making sure everyone read their card for like 10 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Thirteen Orphans posted:

What are the threads opinions on Alchemists? The premise sounds intriguing.

Very interesting deduction puzzle. Relatively mediocre worker placement game. That's the general consensus I've heard.