Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
poppy got a little sloppy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

Poppy is a musician who was working with Titanic Sinclair and making weird youtube videos and a pretty decent second album. She started collaborating with WWE, began producing kind of lame metal music, but fortunately got away from the abusive Titanic Sinclair. It feels like she has a lot less buzz now than two years ago when she was kind of a niche thing.

yeah the ambient album was good, the electropop album was very good. The metal stuff is tailor made for NXT. Which is a place where HHH picks the music. I think if she stuck to the electropop stuff she would have gotten at least a Hilary Duff run out of it. Maybe even Taylor Swift if a label gave her big push.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Davros1 posted:

Thanks. Saw the name and thought she was an indy wrestler who got an unfortunate NXT name.

She has had a few songs as soundtracks for Takeovers and even open a few shows as well.

EAT is her new song for NXT
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqt12vbt3qkfD4RH01AraDqcH_YFJEcac

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jun 9, 2021

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

there's actually a wrestler in Malaysia that goes by Poppy. Which really messed with me for a few minutes until I realized it was a different person.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SonicRulez posted:

I feel like every Takeover has a ladder match these days

I dunno what the exact number is but between ladder matches, TLC matches, MitB matches and whatever else, they have well and truly killed the gimmick.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Chris James 2 posted:

NXT https://www.f4wonline.com/nxt-results/wwe-nxt-live-results-takeover-your-house-go-home-show-343546

Ted DiBiase announces the IYH match between LA Knight and Cameron Grimes will be for the Million Dollar title, and it'll be a ladder match, for which he unveils a special golden ladder with dollar signs on the sides

A silly question:

Who is the linear champion for the Million Dollar Belt?

Wikipedia says that Ted Jr. last held it. But did he retire with it? Surely he would have lost it, (linearly), sometime before his retirement.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MJeff posted:

I dunno what the exact number is but between ladder matches, TLC matches, MitB matches and whatever else, they have well and truly killed the gimmick.

Amazing what lazy booking can do to gimmick matches

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my nxt name is cool chauncy

bartok
May 10, 2006

[quote="Digital Jedi" post="515346775"]
Austin Theory move
https://i.imgur.com/Z6zNP0S.gifv

Is now a good time to remind people that Austin Theory was accused of grooming a 13 year old fan?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

coconono posted:

yeah the ambient album was good, the electropop album was very good. The metal stuff is tailor made for NXT. Which is a place where HHH picks the music. I think if she stuck to the electropop stuff she would have gotten at least a Hilary Duff run out of it. Maybe even Taylor Swift if a label gave her big push.

The less interesting Igorrr album got some buzz but the novelty for mainstream audiences wears off trying to do that again.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jun 9, 2021

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

bartok posted:

Is now a good time to remind people that Austin Theory was accused of grooming a 13 year old fan?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34aiQvNxDpA

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah he was on once. Just a short thing and then was never seen again.

yeah there was a single firefly funhouse segment weeks ago that was two minutes where he was all 'its good to be back and we're so glad to be rid of her' and that was it

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
That's actually a cool-looking move, and it might look more impactful with better...

bartok posted:

...welp.

On the other hand, you can't go wrong with Oingo Boingo.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

graph posted:

yeah there was a single firefly funhouse segment weeks ago that was two minutes where he was all 'its good to be back and we're so glad to be rid of her' and that was it

So the Fiend lived happily ever after?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Speculate away. Kairi announced on Twitter that after these next two events she will be taking on a new job and won't be able to see her fans often.

https://twitter.com/KairiSaneWWE/status/1402581606297063427?s=19

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

She must be signing to WWE

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Being a mom is a job. It could be that.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Quantum of Phallus posted:

lol

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

BrigadierSensible posted:

A silly question:

Who is the linear champion for the Million Dollar Belt?

Wikipedia says that Ted Jr. last held it. But did he retire with it? Surely he would have lost it, (linearly), sometime before his retirement.
I'm never sure how lineal championships are supposed to work, but Ted Dibiase originally debuted the belt on February 15, 1989 and lost a house show match (for the IC, not Million Dollar title) to the Ultimate Warrior two days later. If for some reason we don't count non-televised house shows, then he lost it to Jake Roberts on the televised Maple Leaf Gardens/MSG house shows in April. If none of those count, then he lost it to Hulk Hogan at a Saturday Night's Main Event in September 1989.

Similarly if we just assume the belt survived to be given to Ted Dibiase Jr. in 2009, he debuted the belt on April 5, 2009 on Raw. He then lost a series of handicap matches against Randy Orton on a UK house show tour a week later.

If we disregard house show maches and restrict defenses to televised singles matches that don't end in DQ or countout, Dibiase Jr. lost it to John Morrison in May 2009.

Ted would have won it back on a July Raw, and then it would pass onto
Great Khali
Chris Jericho
John Morrison (2)
Sheamus
Randy Orton
The Miz
Edge

And then Edge retires with the belt after Wrestlemania 27.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Also that’s AR Fox’s finisher if you wanna see someone who’s not a pedophile do it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Edge & Christian posted:

And then Edge retires with the belt after Wrestlemania 27.

But then Randy Orton would have won it off him when he came out of retirement

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Lumbermouth posted:

Also that’s AR Fox’s finisher if you wanna see someone who’s not a pedophile do it.

THAT"s where I recognized the move from.

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jun 9, 2021

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Rarity posted:

But then Randy Orton would have won it off him when he came out of retirement
Again, I need to see a lineal championship rulebook. Is the belt held in abeyance when Edge is retired for a decade? Can the belt change hand in cinematic matches?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Pylons posted:

Very unimpactful looking spanish fly.

Not like anyone ever gets pinned after a spanish fly anyway

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jun 9, 2021

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Didn't Edge also have the lineal custody of Dominik when he was retired? I haven't kept up on his record since he came back though.

Also it's now dawned on me that it's now possible that at some point Dominick can win custody of himself.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Drakkel posted:

Didn't Edge also have the lineal custody of Dominik when he was retired? I haven't kept up on his record since he came back though.

Also it's now dawned on me that it's now possible that at some point Dominick can win custody of himself.

I didn't think anything could get me excited to watch WWE in 2021 but Dominick wrestling for lineal custody of himself would do it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Drakkel posted:

amazing

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Drakkel posted:

The feel good story we've been waiting for :unsmith:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Isn’t that basically emancipation

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

History Comes Inside! posted:

Isn’t that basically emancipation

I think so, yeah.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Dont quote me on this but I'm pretty sure that makes Drew the Million Dollar Champ.

Orton loses to Drew.
Drew loses to Orton.
Orton loses to Drew.
Drew loses to Miz.
Miz loses to Lashley.
Lashley loses to Kofi.
Kofi loses to Drew.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I just did the research and here's the current custody lineage:

- Edge returns at Royal Rumble 2020, Drew McIntyre wins and gains custody of Dominik for the second time (he briefly held it in 2010)
- Randy Orton wins custody of Dominik for the 7th time at Hell in a Cell 2020
- Drew wins it back a couple weeks later on Raw
- Roman Reigns defeats Drew for Custody of Dominik at Survivor Series 2020 and has been undefeated to this day (aside from a tag match but those aren't counted in the lineage)

So if the rumors of Rey facing Roman at Hell in a Cell 2021 are true, it will literally be a match for custody of his son!

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Amazing how quickly Drew Gulak went from indie superstar, to WWE push, to catering crew vying for the 24/7 championship

Edit: I know, I know, replace Drew Gulak with any other name and it'll have a 90% chance of being true

Kunabomber fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jun 9, 2021

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Drakkel posted:

he'll win it in the first hour but by the end of raw cena will have it

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Kunabomber posted:

Amazing how quickly Drew Gulak went from indie superstar, to WWE push, to catering crew vying for the 24/7 championship

Edit: I know, I know, replace Drew Gulak with any other name and it'll have a 90% chance of being true

You forgot released and brought back in the middle of all that.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Hoss Corncave posted:

You forgot released and brought back in the middle of all that.

Wasn’t Gulak one of the guys who hardballed his next contract which led to a lapse between the, rather than a straight up release?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Dango Bango posted:

So the Fiend lived happily ever after?

maybe? i mean theres a nonzero chance there will be fiend alexa at summerslam

as far as bray goes i mean it seemed like he was done with it

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Kunabomber posted:

I imagine what happened with Rory didn't do him any favors

"Ladies and gentlemen, the WWE champion and brother of a pedophile, Drew Gulak!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Okay let's play out the Million Dollar Lineal if we assume that house shows matches count but it's only defended in singles matches and can't change hands on a DQ/countout. This went some places.

2/16/1989: Ted Dibiase introduces the belt, defeats the Blue Blazer
2/17/1989: Ultimate Warrior pins Ted Dibiase at a house show
4/2/1989: Rick Rude pins Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania V
8/7/1989: Brutus Beefcake pins Rick Rude at a house show
8/20/1989: Rick Rude (2) pins Brutus Beefcake at a house show
8/28/1989: Ultimate Warrior (2) pins Rick Rude at Summerslam
1/19/1991: Sgt. Slaughter pins Ultimate Warrior at Royal Rumble
3/17/1991: Ultimate Warrior (3) beats Sgt. Slaughter in a cage match in Miami
10/25/1998: Hulk Hogan pins The Warrior at Halloween Havoc
3/14/1999: Ric Flair defeats Hulk Hogan in a First Blood Cage Match at Uncensored 1999
4/12/1999: Sting pins Ric Flair on Nitro
6/13/1999: Rick Steiner defeats Sting in a Falls Count Anywhere match at the Great American Bash 1999 after Sting is attacked by a pack of dogs
7/6/1999: Buff Bagwell pins Rick Steiner at a house show
9/13/1999: Berlyn pins Buff Bagwell on Nitro
10/24/1999: Brad Armstrong pins Berlyn at Halloween Havoc
12/20/1999: Madusa pins Brad Armstrong on Nitro
1/16/2000: Oklahoma pins Madusa at Souled Out 2000
8/7/2002: Bo Dupp pins Oklahoma/Ed Ferrera on an early TNA PPV
8/14/2002: Teo, The World's Smallest Extreme Athlete pins Bo Dupp on a TNA PPV

I cannot find any record of Teo dropping a match since that day, and therefore he is hypothetically the original lineal Million Dollar Champion.