Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Fidelitious posted:

It seems a little bad taste for people to be booing and cheering politicians at a vigil for victims of a hate crime, but I guess politics is unstoppable.

Absolutely boo the shitheads that all argued against Motion 103

https://twitter.com/bruce_arthur/status/1402264024033730570

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

good day for ontario today, 411 cases, 1.35% positivity, almost 180k vaccinations, down from 733 last wednesday.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
love to see that curve drop, might even gently caress around and eat on a patio next week

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

prom candy posted:

love to see that curve drop, might even gently caress around and eat on a patio next week

I'm really hoping we avoid the Surge of the Delta Variant :ohdear:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Meet the resistance (to a positive approval rating)

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/hospitalizations-unvaccinated-people-1.6058273

No surprise, but the vast majority of COVID cases in Saskatchewan are from the unvaccinated or recently-vaccinated.

quote:

Of Saskatchewan's 5,296 reported COVID-19 cases in May, 91.9 per cent involved people who were unvaccinated or whose vaccine hadn't kicked in yet. 

Similarly, of the 191 people hospitalized in May, 155 were unvaccinated or had received their first dose less than three weeks earlier. The same was true of 40 of the 46 people in intensive care last month. Six people who were in ICU had received their first dose at least three weeks earlier.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I misread my appointment for my second shot, apparently its in September and not early June after getting the first shot in May. :smith:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Holy poo poo that is forever. What the gently caress???

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Raenir Salazar posted:

I misread my appointment for my second shot, apparently its in September and not early June after getting the first shot in May. :smith:

What province are you in? With the rates increasing in Ontario you should be able to bump your second shot up by a bit if you keep watching watching the site.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

Holy poo poo that is forever. What the gently caress???

? That’s the normal 4 month period they were originally going with, but there will almost definitely be an opportunity to move it up.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

PEI approval rate is around 83% according to other polls.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

Raenir Salazar posted:

You're almost for sure going to be able to rebook that earlier - even ignoring the acceleration they did on Monday for the cohort ahead of you, you'd be able to rebook on June 28th (and when I rebooked I was able to get an appointment within that week)

edit: poo poo, yeah, as other people mentioned, I'm being Ontario-centric - ignore this if you're not from there.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Got my second shot today. It was bumped up from August 24th.

Can finally go see my family on the prairies in July/August after 18 months, and hopefully go see the Jays in Buffalo (as a very distant second priority)

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Glad to hear the media already reporting that the London killer 'wasn't a racist friends say' and 'his grandmother died last week' and 'his new truck had steering problems'

gently caress the media in the country so hard

e: Also that he was wearing a bulletproof vest, crash helmet and swastikas. Who can say what this white man's motivations were?

e: Lead story on the National Post right now

I call it.... journalism!

Another Bill fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jun 9, 2021

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Manitoba is doing a vaccine lottery lol

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I was in Ontario, but now I'm in Quebec/Montreal again. So June 28th or so I should look into moving it up?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Legault announced last week that second doses would be moving up. Jeep watching for your chance to book sooner.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Another Bill posted:

Glad to hear the media already reporting that the London killer 'wasn't a racist friends say' and 'his grandmother died last week' and 'his new truck had steering problems'

gently caress the media in the country so hard

e: Also that he was wearing a bulletproof vest, crash helmet and swastikas. Who can say what this white man's motivations were?

e: Lead story on the National Post right now

I call it.... journalism!

didn't take long for the "quiet white man with mental health issues" narrative to pop up

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

That's the photo they're gonna use, huh

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Starks posted:

? That’s the normal 4 month period they were originally going with, but there will almost definitely be an opportunity to move it up.

It's normal but most people have been booking 2 or 3 months now after their schedule. But same as above, this is MB specific. What province are they doing this?

Tippecanoe posted:

Good ol Canadian boy.

The media is complicit in literally white washing this loving dumb piece of poo poo.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Tippecanoe posted:

It's his tinder profile photo so nobody swiped right on him.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

It's his tinder profile photo so nobody swiped right on him.

Lmao.

Gotta have your fish pic bro

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Fish Pic is only one step below dick pic on a list of things that make women swipe left.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Is anyone but Postmedia posting about the shithead in this way?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Look at this loving clown

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Stay in Winkler you nazi piece of poo poo.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

quote:

He also heard that Veltman might have played airsoft, a competitive shooting game like paintball that uses less harmful soft pellets, after work, the co-worker said.

IT'S ALL THE TOY GUNS FAULT

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
that's not even a good fish and he's using forced perspective. what a loving loser.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

how has nobody found this rear end in a top hat's posting history yet

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Fried Watermelon posted:

Manitoba is doing a vaccine lottery lol

Frankly for the amount of money it's a pretty cheap way to sway fencesitters and potential antivaxxers

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Canuckistan posted:

PEI approval rate is around 83% according to other polls.

Where?

MA-Horus posted:

how has nobody found this rear end in a top hat's posting history yet

There is a 100% chance that guy was on a chan or one of the spun off discords

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
I just did a survey on the government's plan on the Sask river delta area. Sounds like someone wants to try and justify some "economic development" by destroying another vital habitat. Also very surprised to get this considering I've never been in Sask and am currently in Montreal, it explained the survey was taking responses from across the country.

The only options are the status quo (where it just explained earlier in the survey that the amount of wildlife is significantly below where it used to be), or option A which kills loving everything for money.

And here's what's in it for you! 170 smackaroos! We'll definitely pay you that, we swear
Also lol that 100% fish is just the conservation target. There was no option for over 100% in exceeding that target.

This is the "you see this is all bullshit, right?" question

And this is the worst question, you're forced to choose between Project C or Project D, both of which lust for duck death. Whatever context your vote had here, it'll be read as an endorsement!

Pretty sure some of the questions here will be interpreted as excused to invalidate my response, because I "Didn't consider alternative A", or maybe because I suppose conservation in general, so maybe we conserve "other places" and not this vital area, ecosystems are all separate things after all.

Questions with double negatives, after a bunch of affirmative questions

Kinda leaning hard on the "What's the purpose of an animal you don't see?" aspect there

Never seen a poll ask me "did you believe this to be a push-poll" question before, that was interesting

Guys! COSTS :ohdear:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
Man says he was beaten 'nearly to death' in homophobic attack at Toronto Islands
https://toronto.citynews.ca/2021/06/09/man-says-he-was-beaten-nearly-to-death-in-homophobic-attack-at-toronto-islands/

citynews posted:

A Toronto man says he was followed by a group of men who taunted him with homophobic slurs before beating him “nearly to death” on the Toronto Island over the weekend.

In a social media post prefaced with a sarcastic “Happy Pride” David Gomez said he was on his way home from Hanlan’s Point late Saturday night when a group of men starting following him and calling him a “f****t and h**o.”

Gomez says he was then “knocked unconscious and beat nearly to death” while being “dragged around, kicked and punched in the face.”

Gomez says he suffered a broken nose, fractures to his face, a broken tooth and other injuries in the attack.

Social media users have identified one of the alleged attackers as a CFL player on the Ottawa Redblacks team.

The communication manager for Ottawa Sports and Entertainment Group, which owns the Ottawa Redblacks, Chris Hofley, confirmed in a statement that the Redblacks are aware of the allegations made on social media involving one of their players and that “the team is currently investigating.”

“There were apparently bystanders, INCLUDING the police, who made a shallow attempt at calming tempers,” wrote Liburd on a GoFundMe page.

"man says" go gently caress off with that headline

https://twitter.com/TylerKBoyce/status/1402276141461803015

https://twitter.com/JuiceBoxxQueen/status/1402414830414450691

not new but still acab

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

1) Glad that's getting some press attention, its been floating around social media for a few days.

2) Straight people def. go to Hanlans Point, not sure what that person is on about.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
What the gently caress? How does that happen in Toronto in 2021?

I mean in the sense of "How was there not a group of other Torontonians around to step in and if necessary tune up the aggressors?". The mind boggles.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jun 9, 2021

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Another Bill posted:

1) Glad that's getting some press attention, its been floating around social media for a few days.

2) Straight people def. go to Hanlans Point, not sure what that person is on about.

2.) they’re saying straight people shouldn’t go. unless they’re staunch allies

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

infernal machines posted:

What the gently caress? How does that happen in Toronto in 2021?

lots of it simmers just under polite conversation here even now. i mean it wasn’t that long ago the tories were still going on about marriage

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

This city is queer as hell though. I can see that it happened, I just can't see how there was no one around willing to stop it from happening.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

This city is queer as hell though. I can see that it happened, I just can't see how there was no one around willing to stop it from happening.

sure but attacks happen even in gay centres sometimes.

anyway to your point bystander effects are powerful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Dude was allegedly a CFL player. Some of those guys come in at 250 pounds

flakeloaf fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jun 17, 2021