Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

my goto roaster gave me a burlap bean bag from one of their growers, with a cool rear end design on it

i need to figure out how to put a frame on this and hang it up on the wall in my office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

kitten smoothie posted:

my goto roaster gave me a burlap bean bag from one of their growers, with a cool rear end design on it

i need to figure out how to put a frame on this and hang it up on the wall in my office

you could tack one together quick or just buy a canvas of similar size and stick the bag around it like a sock

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Coffee-Js: I was sitting waiting for my Moka (the only form of coffee preparation free from bourgeois formalism) to boil and then I realized I hadn’t turned the burner on.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

2 cup 2 coffee

as someone that bought a hand grinder a few months ago: :aslol:

i will say my folks had tim horton's decaf grounds for my grandma and it was fine, but i can't imagine being such a snob as to smugly 360 back into folger's unironically

Schadenboner posted:

Coffee-Js: I was sitting waiting for my Moka (the only form of coffee preparation free from bourgeois formalism) to boil and then I realized I hadn’t turned the burner on.

big feels. i poured tepid water into my press the other day and only realized it minutes later when the coffee was light enough to be mistaken for tea

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Schadenboner posted:

on more than one occasion i have turned the burner on but forgot to put water in the thing

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

mediaphage posted:

lol sorry you went and bought whatever lovely grinder that you first googled and didn’t bother reading anything about what to buy
they’re panning coffee grinders as a whole, for every kind of coffee, because they bought one that can’t grind fine enough for their home espresso machine

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Nobody Interesting posted:

on more than one occasion i have turned the burner on but forgot to put water in the thing
ill complete the holy trinity of dumb fucks because i once put my pot on, and turned the burner on, and watched steam come out for like 5 mins before noticing the coffee was still in the grinder

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i have a habit of turning on the wrong burner on the stove. it's electric coil so they don't look any different when on. I sit there and think "this coffee is taking a while" and I go over there and there's an empty hot burner and a cold moka pot on the adjacent one

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
broke. down and bought some better beans even though I still had some cheap ones. worth it

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

they’re panning coffee grinders as a whole, for every kind of coffee, because they bought one that can’t grind fine enough for their home espresso machine

i know it's ridiculous. if they'd bothered to read about what they should buy for the coffee they like for five minutes they'd have avoided looking like an utter numbnuts*

* except not really because they'd still be writing for the guardian

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

for the longest time i did the whole hand grinder > aeropress > nice cup of coffee routine, but i have to confess, buying a mid range so called bean to cup machine a year ago was a pro move.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i spent most of my 20's drinking exclusively folgers because i was broke and didn't want to get a taste for good coffee. then i started buying just the grocery store bulk beans and grinding them myself and now i think folgers taste like rear end water. idk how you could gently caress up grinding your coffee so bad you go back to store ground though, the taste difference isn't that subtle.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

i've got one of these and it suites my needs for providing coffee for more than one person

https://www.cuisinart.com/shopping/discontinued/coffee_makers/dgb-500bk/

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry
I really want a good electric grinder but also a soundproofed box for it to live in

\/ \/ \/ that does look super nice, will keep an eye on it in case the US plug availability ever overlaps with having $700 available to fulfill my desire for excellent fresh grinding

or if I just turn into a going all-out espresso guy

lousy hat fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jun 9, 2021

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lousy hat posted:

I really want a good electric grinder but also a soundproofed box for it to live in

consider a niche zero

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

lousy hat posted:

or if I just turn into a going all-out espresso guy
:getin:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i havent drank coffee since march 20th, 2020

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

graph posted:

ban this sick filth

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

graph posted:

revolting

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

no self harm in yospos

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

graph posted:

I don't appreciate this trolling. :argh:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

graph posted:

mooooddddssss

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

graph posted:

hosed-up if true!

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i checked my post history itt

i lied, i last drank coffee oct 22 2020

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Lying in bed and my girlfriend just brought me an espresso. It is 1:43pm. I wonder what she's getting at.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

¿Por qué no los tres

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

it’s beautiful

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
drinking cold brew cuase its too hot

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Upping my double espresso dose from 16g to 18g beans :sludgepal:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
This was a great idea!!!!

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Out of beans and the local bean shop opens in an hour. :negative:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

brewer broken, got a tallboy from the goose

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

coffee mishap: put the grounds in the carafe before putting the filter in

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

had to grind a fresh pile of beans. getting low enough i can try some new ones soon. i should probably give everything a good cleaning before then

coffee mishap: put the grounds in the carafe before putting the filter in

oh no. did you catch it before brewing? :ohdear:

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Agile Vector posted:

had to grind a fresh pile of beans. getting low enough i can try some new ones soon. i should probably give everything a good cleaning before then

oh no. did you catch it before brewing? :ohdear:

caught it as the grounds were falling into the thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

caught it as the grounds were falling into the thing

nice! i'm pretty sure the last time i did that i brewed part of a pot before realizing my mistake