Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

I think it's because they're active on whatever discord the D&D "power users" use. Like a while back there was probably the most convincing and obvious evidence of trolling that could possibly exist (in the form of said poster bragging about having almost everyone in a thread they routinely posted in blocked), and the mods cracked down hard on posting said evidence as "off-site doxxing" or something (despite it being a D&D discord).

Because they chat off-site, they're probably disinclined to ban the person they're chat buddies with.

Or he just posts what the mods are thinking but are too scared to say because, despite being liberals, they have some shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Posting and chatting on a discord so you can post and chat about posting is just really sad to me. You have the forums, just post there!

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

goddamn kids with their DMs and their voice chat. true posters grew up on vbulletin's original release

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

CongoJack posted:

Posting and chatting on a discord so you can post and chat about posting is just really sad to me. You have the forums, just post there!

Sometimes it's hard to find the right thread to post some things to chat about with your forum pals, and you don't want to do it in the Trump thread and have it get washed away by the endless tide.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lmao soc dems

https://twitter.com/LucasOfSunshine/status/1402398977786535936

the eugenics defender thinks it's a good idea

https://twitter.com/KnowNothingTV/status/1402399376480276480

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Aren't Hispanics switching to republicans

no republican ever told me not to cum

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

silicone thrills posted:

You have no idea how many times I deleted what I wrote and re wrote it trying to think of how to express myself in a way that might actually make people think about how loving horrible it is to pigeon hole the conversation is.

I'm glad it resonated.

It was a good post

and now the thread is closed until people wander off and forget about it

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

thank you, brave D&D mods, for courageously banning chat about Joe Biden's rape of Tara Reade as well as Cuomo's sexual assault of a dozen women because it makes the forum regulars uncomfy and squicky when the toxic bullies from cspam say horrible, awful lies like "it's bad that joe biden is a rapist" or "joe biden is protecting donald trump from rape charges, which is bad"

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Lol, ralph locked it.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

RALPH SMASH

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Cpt_Obvious posted:

LoL when did DnD get 6 mods?

tbf one is dead

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Raskolnikov38 posted:

tbf one is dead

some would call it a tragedy

others, a good start

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Or he just posts what the mods are thinking but are too scared to say because, despite being liberals, they have some shame.

Well, the thing is that the stuff he posts generally isn't direct insults - it's usually transparent trolling where he'll just say things like "I'm excited to make progress under Biden :)" and never reply to anyone who replies to him.

I actually don't mind the more openly hostile people, like evilweasel or whatever (as long as they aren't mods), since they're just directly expressing their true feelings of hatred and disgust towards the left. IMO everyone should be free to directly express their negative feelings towards others, since it's not like those feelings are going to go away and if you ban directly expressing them they'll just be expressed in other ways. It's not healthy to have a bunch of people who obviously hate each other and disallow them from directly saying so.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

this is who the democrats suck off and protect (just like the GOP)

https://twitter.com/JoshuaPotash/status/1402689780706578441

isn't it fairly common for cops to die at reduced shoulders? guess that's what you get for thinking of the officer's own safety.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
lmao they're never going to reopen it and he stated you can't talk about it somewhere else. amazing.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

somehow i feel like, if you don't want to be criticized for supporting rapist candidates or making excuses for them or telling people that the alternative is worse, you could simply not do those things

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I dont have the mental/emotional bandwidth to do it but if someone else wants to make a cspam "politics is full of sex monsters" thread i'd serious post in it.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

How is the reade thread suddenly a huge issue? It was one of the slowest threads in D&D, and only picked up when the D&D mods whined it was c-spammish

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Condiv posted:

How is the reade thread suddenly a huge issue? It was one of the slowest threads in D&D, and only picked up when the D&D mods whined it was c-spammish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu6SE5TYrCM

navigation
Sep 30, 2009
looking forward to the reade thread being eventually re-opened with a requirement that you fill out the proper posting form in triplicate and solemnly swear to not make anyone uncomfortable or discredit their view of themselves.

for the folks that have done so and see this, thank you for being vulnerable and open in that thread, it means a lot.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

silicone thrills posted:

I dont have the mental/emotional bandwidth to do it but if someone else wants to make a cspam "politics is full of sex monsters" thread i'd serious post in it.

It’s not necessary cause cspam isn’t filled with thin skinned morons that shriek when their sports team is criticized

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

lol love that the libs are going full fash in preparation for the forever cold war against china

Its gonna be fun when we invade vietnam again

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Condiv posted:

because greyjoy was being a stupid bitch and pissed off anyone with a sense of morality and human decency which he lacks

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

silicone thrills posted:

The Epstein thread is kind of covering a lot of that territory already. I guess there could be another one with less focus on politics part of the conspiracy and more on all the sex crimes part of conspiracies.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Stavros level hypotheticals

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Raiad posted:

somehow i feel like, if you don't want to be criticized for supporting rapist candidates or making excuses for them or telling people that the alternative is worse, you could simply not do those things

i feel like they'd be less despicable if they just straight up admitted that the politicians personal character is irrelevant to how they vote. of course they cant do that because liberal moralizing is the only tool they have to view the world

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Radirot posted:

isn't it fairly common for cops to die at reduced shoulders? guess that's what you get for thinking of the officer's own safety.

Yes, traffic accidents are the number cause of officer death, with 15 being struck outside their vehicle in 2020. Exiting the freeway and pulling off on a side street would be much safer for the officer than stopping immediately on a reduced shoulder road in the middle of the night.

After reviewing these stats I know which option I am going to choose from now on.

https://www.aamva.org/2020-LE-Officers-Fatalities-Report/

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

FallenGod posted:

It was a good post

and now the thread is closed until people wander off and forget about it

I will do my part, and remember the good post.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Raskolnikov38 posted:

because greyjoy was being a stupid bitch and pissed off anyone with a sense of morality and human decency which he lacks

It's pretty much this. I was posting in it regularly and i know a few other people were but the tide of "it doesn't matter, dems better therefor who cares if they raped" is just such a level of dark psychic abuse that it really became untenable to post in.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Feldegast42 posted:

lol love that the libs are going full fash in preparation for the forever cold war against china

Its gonna be fun when we invade vietnam again

Why would we invade Vietnam when they want us as allies against the Chinese?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
honestly the idea of having a debate thread about whether somebody raped is the loving bomb. its D&D incarnate. you can't top that

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Cpt_Obvious posted:

LoL when did DnD get 6 mods?

The CSPAM threat must be countered.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
hmm rape. this is quite interesting indeed. now let us let goons, notoriously good judges of character, decide on this

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

still losing my poo poo at the complaint leveled against the thread was "it's toxic and bullying when people suggest democrats can do rapes" and ralph's response was "holy poo poo you're right we gotta shut this down asap!!!"

debate

and

discussion

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

like no one made you vote for joe biden, it's just that every single lib entertainment person said that trump is uniquely bad instead of just regular bad and you believed them

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Raiad posted:

like no one made you vote for joe biden, it's just that every single lib entertainment person said that trump is uniquely bad instead of just regular bad and you believed them

no u see it was the most important election of our lives to replace one rapist with another rapist on our team therefor making me feel bad about it is unacceptable.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
on one hand, this lady lied on the stand or some poo poo? idgaf. on the other, this guy was bff's with like a kkk clan wizard lmfao

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Radirot posted:

145 cops died of Covid last year, that's more than the rest of the causes put together.

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

i've seen this pic a few times, but this time i made myself contemplate it for a few minutes. how are these real books that exists? they're each like, 250 pages. how do you write 500 pages of fiction about real people? when you're plotting out the book and you have to develop characters for obama and biden, how do you reconcile your characters with their living, breathing actions you see on tv every day? how can you write so many pages while furiously jacking yourself off the entire time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Euphoriaphone posted:

i've seen this pic a few times, but this time i made myself contemplate it for a few minutes. how are these real books that exists? they're each like, 250 pages. how do you write 500 pages of fiction about real people? when you're plotting out the book and you have to develop characters for obama and biden, how do you reconcile your characters with their living, breathing actions you see on tv every day? how can you write so many pages while furiously jacking yourself off the entire time?

250 is being generous. I bet the type face is 14 and double spaced