Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

Aw, I gotta give Field Mousepad a sad pat on the back. I moved from Central Canada to the west coast, and on the second day of my new job I got asked if I knew how to use a "Sawzall" and I had no idea what that was so I said no. The guy who asked called me a useless moron then whipped out a reciprocating saw. I told him if he had said "reciprocating saw" I would have said yes and he said I was an even bigger moron for not knowing that particular bit of slang.

Anyway he's dead now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Paladinus posted:

I can see the dude has feelings towards his saw, but I don't really see it reciprocating.

You motherfucker.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Saw zaw, so waw

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Saw for sale, never zawed.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

OwlFancier posted:

I'm sorry there is a gental attachment for a sawzall?

Do people get horny about maximizing the amount of nerve damage they sustain or something? Can people just not get off without the smell of burning electronics and rraAAAAHAAAAAHHHHGHGGHHhh noise?

Tempted to dig up the medical report about the couple who made their own DIY dildo attachment to a reciprocating saw but did not have the presence of mind to take the blade off

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Paladinus posted:

I can see the dude has feelings towards his saw, but I don't really see it reciprocating.

:drat:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Erebus posted:

AaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAA
Or don't

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Caedus posted:

Aw, I gotta give Field Mousepad a sad pat on the back. I moved from Central Canada to the west coast, and on the second day of my new job I got asked if I knew how to use a "Sawzall" and I had no idea what that was so I said no. The guy who asked called me a useless moron then whipped out a reciprocating saw. I told him if he had said "reciprocating saw" I would have said yes and he said I was an even bigger moron for not knowing that particular bit of slang.

Anyway he's dead now

I have never heard it pronounced sawzall, it's always been sawz aw here. But like I said we pronounce stuff weird here.

Also we're all dead too

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Paladinus posted:

Lemniscate Blue posted:

You motherfucker.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Field Mousepad posted:

I have never heard it pronounced sawzall, it's always been sawz aw here. But like I said we pronounce stuff weird here.

Despite the fact that it is obviously grilled.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

I'm sorry there is a gental attachment for a sawzall?

Do people get horny about maximizing the amount of nerve damage they sustain or something? Can people just not get off without the smell of burning electronics and rraAAAAHAAAAAHHHHGHGGHHhh noise?
All of my knowledge about this subject comes from this thread

https://twitter.com/Foone/status/1264925104175112192?s=19

but apparently sex machine manufacturers stole the sawzall socket as a standard.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Paladinus posted:

Lemniscate Blue posted:

You motherfucker.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
She saws sea zaws by the seesaw

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Caedus posted:

Anyway he's dead now

:yeshaha:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I actually met the "inventor" of the reciprocating saw, the engineer who came up with the idea at Milwaukee tools way back in the 50s.
I asked if it's supposed to be pronounced "sawzALL" with really pronounced L sounds or like "sawzaw". He said the right way was more like "sawzaw"
I asked if he got annoyed when people referred to other tool brands' saws as Sawzall and he said "some of the guys did, but even then it was a smaw annoyance. We're just thrilled that aww these people use that tool aww the time"

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

canyoneer posted:

I actually met the "inventor" of the reciprocating saw, the engineer who came up with the idea at Milwaukee tools way back in the 50s.
I asked if it's supposed to be pronounced "sawzALL" with really pronounced L sounds or like "sawzaw". He said the right way was more like "sawzaw"
I asked if he got annoyed when people referred to other tool brands' saws as Sawzall and he said "some of the guys did, but even then it was a smaw annoyance. We're just thrilled that aww these people use that tool aww the time"

Perfect. Yes. Good.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

canyoneer posted:

I could kiss you.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

canyoneer posted:

I was right the whole time! Suck it nerds!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhs5aIz5zpA

From Mom & Dad, 2017 (d. Brian Taylor)

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It saws all. I finally get it!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Deteriorata posted:

"I see," said the blind man, as he picked up his hammer and zaw.

Dad?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

as someone with an accent that velarises almost all /l/ sounds it took me a long time to realise why y'all find this funny

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I got my saw zaw at a yard sard

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

You see what you made me do? Post a gif from season sixteen. God.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

RoastBeef posted:

All of my knowledge about this subject comes from this thread

https://twitter.com/Foone/status/1264925104175112192?s=19

but apparently sex machine manufacturers stole the sawzall socket as a standard.

XLR is one of the best connectors you can use for sounding

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I want to chime in late to report that I've never heard anyone say anything other than "saw zaw"

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

How does this relate to Zaws in Warframe?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It’s a saws all because it legit saws all the poo poo.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

canyoneer posted:

loving lol

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

It's CYOA sub-derail time!
Either:
1. Accent chat: several goons come out of the woodwork to declare the bumfuck way their inbred town pronounces Sawzall, as their whole economy is propped up by the pawn shop buying stolen power tools
2. International chat: it's late on the east coast, so British and Australian goons will emerge to say that a sawzall is actually called a "toothy pumper" or "waggle scissor" and how dare you confuse them and force them through the indignation of a google search
3. Linguistics chat: we get a nice lesson about how sawzall can be misheard because a w next to a z makes an impaired glottal fricative vowel flattening hesitation or whatever. Understanding any of these terms' Wikipedia pages automatically grants you an honorary linguistics degree and restores your virginity

choose wisely

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
2. In Sweden they are "tiger saws". I have no idea why.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

bike tory posted:

as someone with an accent that velarises almost all /l/ sounds it took me a long time to realise why y'aww find this funny

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

bike tory posted:

as someone with an accent that velarises almost all /l/ sounds it took me a long time to realise why y'all find this funny

Lmao, say velarise again.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Phosphine posted:

2. In Sweden they are "tiger saws". I have no idea why.

Esran
Apr 28, 2008
Funny moving pictures with audio. This guy regularly puts out really dorky joke songs that are somehow still bangers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDAxBAsIbOE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHIHl8Rw6W8

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Esran posted:

Funny moving pictures with audio. This guy regularly puts out really dorky joke songs that are somehow still bangers.

I love this. Thanks!

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Esran posted:

Oh! Oh holy poo poo! So THAT'S who Tom Cardy is!

There's a podcast called Dragon Friends which is a bunch of very funny Australian comedians playing Dungeons and Dragons, and the recent seasons has Tom Cardy doing live music. I haven't run into any of his stuff outside of the podcast before.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Tangent: I really appreciate that it has become standard practice for people to put subtitles right into their Tiktoks and song videos and such. It's just become a part of the prevailing style, which everyone can benefit from. And maybe I haven't been looking in the right places but I haven't seen weird chuds raising a big stink about it or how it's "ruining the purity of the art form" for the sake of woke deaf people who just want attention or whatever.

Just think how much saw zaw confusion it could have saved if they were even more prevalent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

A life partner is a fragile thing made of flesh and blood and psychological anxiety but a good saw will last you a lifetime.