Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Even if it were true I wouldnt characterize having john 316 written backwards on a toilet or something "batshit insane". Its hokey and dumb but its not some huge affront.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
The only truly good indie game creator is Consumer Softproducts.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

does any indie game dev donate to the Zapatistas in Mexico?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

A Sometimes Food posted:

I'm a fan of their Bobby and Dale.

Now I do wonder what "That's my purse! I don't know you!" sounds like in Japanese.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
e- as it turned out, Milkshake Duck really did not play a role in the assassination of John F. Kennedy, he just indirectly sponsors Chechen death squads

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Guess I hit on the right conclusion for completely the wrong reasons, lol.

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

John Murdoch posted:

See: "The gameplay is bad on purpose, because war bad. :smug:" which is untrue on about every possible level. Or the bizarre narrative that was concocted that the game was advertised as a generic mil shooter as some clever attempt to trick dumb Calladoody players into playing Real Art for once. I wouldn't be surprised if somebody tried to spin the multiplayer mode that literally everyone glosses over as some genius commentary when in actuality it was just your classic publisher interference forcing them to tack it on.

Iirc most of these takes are lifted straight from the Extra Credits episode in Spec Ops which basically indulged in a bunch of wild speculation about the team and their motives that we're all the complete opposite of the actual realities of making the game. Granted, that show did get me to play the game so credit there but it's actually pretty bad.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

that sounds like extra credit yeah

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Does Extra credits still have that sex pest working on them?

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Jamie Faith posted:

I thought everyone who objected to the sex pest left years ago so I'd assume as much

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

Jamie Faith posted:

He's writes all the episodes so there wouldn't be an EC without him.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Ah ok gently caress EC forever then

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

congrats endorph you made scott cawthon twitter's main character of the day

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I hope Sterling is okay,. I remember a 'quisition some years back in which they were pretty happy that they played a non-insignificant part in helping Scott getting on the track to success when they criticized the look of Scott's pre-FNAF game models which led to the first Five Nights.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Gwen posted:

Holy poo poo lmao Someone who lurks this thread must of ran to twitter with those receipts lol

Jamie Faith fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jun 11, 2021

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Wait.

What?

There's no way in hell. I haven't used Twitter in years is this really blowing up exactly now? There's no way it's because of this thread right?

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

twitter relies as much on reposting from niche corners of the internet as reddit does.

It's not surprising it's just really funny

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Captain Fargle posted:

Wait.

What?

There's no way in hell. I haven't used Twitter in years is this really blowing up exactly now? There's no way it's because of this thread right?

It absolutely is. I'm not gonna be a weird creep about it but someone, who I know just from paying attention lurks (maybe posts?) in this thread, made a popular tweet about it. I have the whole chain of events worked out.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Something Awful is *still* relevant damnit!!! :qq:

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack
Hey, it's not this thread's fault it took most people this long to realize Cawthon made a game based on that part of The Gospel of Luke where Jesus jumped out at people in an abandoned pizzeria...

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

KingKalamari posted:

Hey, it's not this thread's fault it took most people this long to realize Cawthon made a game based on that part of The Gospel of Luke where Jesus jumped out at people in an abandoned pizzeria...

Chica acts as the Christ figure (a diminutive form of χριστός (chrīstós), meaning "anointed one") with her bib saying "Let's Eat", clearly a call to communion.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

I thought Amy Schumer was today's main character because of the woman from that comedy truck stop tweet who kinda looks like her. Either that or it's Ethan Klein and Trisha Paytas for like, the third day running.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's a photoshop from a known humour account.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Kim Justice posted:

I thought Amy Schumer was today's main character because of the woman from that comedy truck stop tweet who kinda looks like her. Either that or it's Ethan Klein and Trisha Paytas for like, the third day running.

The whole Ethan and Trisha drama confuses me. Like apparently Trisha said she was a man but also a drag queen. (They can identify how they want.) This caused Ethan or somebody to tweet some poo poo calling her gross and it only got more convoluted from there. Even the summaries are confused af.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Gwen posted:

extremely lol

e: sorry for the stolen valor. i just wanted my buddy alex to laugh at it

fun hater fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jun 11, 2021

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

It's a photoshop from a known humour account.

I got the impression this was their first tweet that landed as such so some were confused. Funny though.

Violet_Sky posted:

The whole Ethan and Trisha drama confuses me. Like apparently Trisha said she was a man but also a drag queen. (They can identify how they want.) This caused Ethan or somebody to tweet some poo poo calling her gross and it only got more convoluted from there. Even the summaries are confused af.

It's a complete mess. I mean, they're related now as well. And they (had) a huge podcast...I can't even fully parse the reasons for why it all imploded, something to do with treatment of the crew. I can imagine the crew being a bit pressed seeing as Frenemies was obviously on a constant knife edge and could all blow to poo poo with a single fight.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Acute Grill posted:

He's writes all the episodes so there wouldn't be an EC without him.

wait seriously? why the gently caress didnt they fire him. they can find someone else probably. there history stuff tends to not be awful, least better then john greens stupid bullshit.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Kim Justice posted:

I got the impression this was their first tweet that landed as such so some were confused. Funny though.

It's a complete mess. I mean, they're related now as well. And they (had) a huge podcast...I can't even fully parse the reasons for why it all imploded, something to do with treatment of the crew. I can imagine the crew being a bit pressed seeing as Frenemies was obviously on a constant knife edge and could all blow to poo poo with a single fight.

To make things more confusing, I first saw them on the episode where Dr. Drew guest-starred(?) They were also dressed up as each other while having a therapy session on a public show. Its like you need a PhD to wade through this drama.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

wait seriously? why the gently caress didnt they fire him. they can find someone else probably. there history stuff tends to not be awful, least better then john greens stupid bullshit.

I imagine it’s the same story as always: it was cheaper to lose the people who weren’t willing to work with him than to lose him. Either that or he’s so high up in the hierarchy that there literally wasn’t anyone with the authority to get rid of him.

Speaking of the people who weren’t willing to work with him: if anyone reading this isn’t subscribed to New Frame Plus, you should fix that pronto.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Yeah Dan is cool and good, James is the creep who still runs EC.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
I only heard about Dan through his Hollow Knight playthrough. Had no idea he was involved with EC beforehand.
He's great.
(Then again I am also the guy who didnt know MattMcMuscles before he started WhaHappun)

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Outside of Bendy and the Ink Machine and Hello Neighbour, what games come across as badly trying to be the next Youtuber bait? Something with a load of merch ready to go, that tries to appeal to the gormless types who leave their mouths open on youtube thumbnails. 'Lore' is a key selling point.

They usually try to cash in a fad started by the following titles: Five Nights at Freddies, Cuphead, Doki Doki Literature Club

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jun 11, 2021

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Outside of Bendy and the Ink Machine and Hello Neighbour, what games come across as badly trying to be the next Youtuber bait? Something with a load of merch ready to go, that tries to appeal to the gormless types who leave their mouths on youtube thumbnails. 'Lore' is a key selling point.

They usually try to cash in a fad started by the following titles: Five Nights at Freddies, Cuphead, Doki Doki Literature Club

Among Us? Though that's more of a stream bait game.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Neo_Crimson posted:

Among Us? Though that's more of a stream bait game.

I wouldn't think that counts given that it was released in 2018 to zero fanfare and with no merchandise (iirc).

The devs definitely knew to hit after the iron got hot, though.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
That one game Baldi's Basics that was like, a Sonic Schoolhouse Horror game was the first time it really felt like the merchandise cart was being put before the horse. And that one came and went pretty fast in terms of general internet zeitgeist interest.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Outside of Bendy and the Ink Machine and Hello Neighbour, what games come across as badly trying to be the next Youtuber bait? Something with a load of merch ready to go, that tries to appeal to the gormless types who leave their mouths open on youtube thumbnails. 'Lore' is a key selling point.

Would We Happy Few count? Though that tried and failed hardcore I remember them being very loud out the gate with a bunch of Youtubers doing vids on it, then it stranded itself in development hell and appeared to mangle itself with scrapping and reworking the core gameplay over and over again.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

SteelMentor posted:

Would We Happy Few count? Though that tried and failed hardcore I remember them being very loud out the gate with a bunch of Youtubers doing vids on it, then it stranded itself in development hell and appeared to mangle itself with scrapping and reworking the core gameplay over and over again.

I wish. I backed that game and I do think a lot of the plot and back story and character mechanics are themed really well Much better than purple kid stabber or whatever. also the game and dlc are all pretty left wing and just genuinely interesting and tragic and also all about how systemic takes on a life of its own to some degree when enough people agree or are indifferent or are poo poo fucks. What killed the game is they got caught between a arkane studios design and survival sim rogue lite. It’s cheap as gently caress now so get it.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jun 11, 2021

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gwen posted:

i cant believe i did this

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
quick endorph post about how consumer softproducts and and the starsector people both did a cross promo with brigador recently, which just recently without fanfare re-accepted the nazi dev who had been "on leave" for just under a year after posting transphobic nazi poo poo online.

SkeletonHero posted:

The only truly good indie game creator is Consumer Softproducts.

oh man oof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Impermanent posted:

quick endorph post about how consumer softproducts and and the starsector people both did a cross promo with brigador recently, which just recently without fanfare re-accepted the nazi dev who had been "on leave" for just under a year after posting transphobic nazi poo poo online.

Oh come the gently caress on