Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

FutonForensic posted:

was hoping for dragon's dogma 2 to be confirmed from the leak but I might have to give that one up

After seeing what happened with CP2077 I would rather only found out about a game only 6 month (or less) before its release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The 7th Guest posted:

does capcom really have that little going on? i know deep down they must have some other project...

There's no reason to think more stuff won't be announced during the event itself.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

stev posted:

There's no reason to think more stuff won't be announced during the event itself.
yeah, deep down I know there will be an announcement or two. i'd love to see ace attorney 7 but probably won't see that for another year at least

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

BexGu posted:

After seeing what happened with CP2077 I would rather only found out about a game only 6 month (or less) before its release.

At least wait until the game is in its final form before spinning up the marketing machine. The world was sold a minimum of two different versions of Cyberpunk.

CDPR had been revving people up for that game since 2013.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

exquisite tea posted:

I’m not sure if disneyfication is the most accurate term but it is true as a matter of fact that AAA studios are greenlighting fewer games, development cycles and production costs are going way up, and thus most publishers aren’t taking any risks on some high-concept piece that might fail to find an audience. Ten years ago EA might publish 40 games in a single year, in 2020 I think they released about 9.

While Firaxis has apparently multiple projects in process, this marvel nonsense is liable to be a white elephant... particularly, given that in the next 20ish months or so, there's supposed to be 10 or so marvel movies launching; there's a good chance that that finally might be the start of the end of the current superhero craze; not a good place to launch, even before any interference from the Mouse.

Zane
Nov 14, 2007
i'm not a fan of the superhero media entertainment complex. but i will buy a superhero x-com. it's a good way to break up the gameplay formulae. and i know it can work--i loved freedom force back in the day.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

The 7th Guest posted:

yeah, deep down I know there will be an announcement or two. i'd love to see ace attorney 7 but probably won't see that for another year at least

Deep Down is dead man just give it up

Orv
May 4, 2011
I will be eternally curious about what the gently caress Deep Down was but there was never a world where I expected it to be good so I will live with my curiosity.

E: But when I go to video game heaven you bet it's time to find out what the gently caress.

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

Caidin posted:

It's time for the world to suck it up and admit that Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts was a good game that needs a sequel.

never.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Caidin posted:

It's time for the world to suck it up and admit that Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts was a good game that needs a sequel.

nuts and bolts was never good

it was great

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Orv posted:

I will be eternally curious about what the gently caress Deep Down was but there was never a world where I expected it to be good so I will live with my curiosity.

They did manage to cobble together a beta to put out and iirc it was a really bad copy of Bloodborne's chalice dungeons.

Capcom had a really bad run early that console gen in general and I'm glad they managed to turn things around and get back to their core franchises and put out some great Resident Evil, Devil May Cry & Monster Hunter games. Just sad that MvC was as bad as it was and now there's rumors that Marvel has approached NetherRealm Studios to make some kind of X-Men vs. Avengers game (or something similar, the big thing is the X-Men license is back) in an upgraded version of the Injustice 2 engine. I really like NR Studios and think Mortal Kombat is awesome, but a Versus game really needs the 3v3 chaos of the older Capcom games, imo. I think NR will take the whole thing in a different direction.

Capcom screwed up so bad early on though, still sad that the new Darkstalkers got canned :negative:

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Capcom's Mega Man stuff has been in production for awhile (and seen in the leaks) but it's unlikely anything will be shown. Unfortunately as big as this year probably should have been I imagine this'll be another sacrifice to COVID.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

There needs to be a third Megaman Collection thats just the spinoffs like Legends, Command Mission, the DS games, and of course Soccer

Complete_Cynic
Jan 18, 2013

Barudak posted:

There needs to be a third Megaman Collection thats just the spinoffs like Legends, Command Mission, the DS games, and of course Soccer

That one can run in right after one for Battle Network/Starforce. Or simultaneous, either works for me.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021

Orv posted:

E: But when I go to video game heaven you bet it's time to find out what the gently caress.
The bigger problem with Deep Down was that it was meant to push Capcom's new graphics engine, Panta Rhei, to replace their ancient MT Framework, which then had to be used for Monster Hunter World.

At least it looks like they are just gonna use RE Engine for just about everything now. I guess Unreal Engine might still be used for Street Fighter 6, not that we really know, especially since the project was lead by the same person behind Deep Down, so go figure.

A very weird game with an outsize influence on Capcom's trajectory.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
I think the only game I am excited to see something of at E3 is Starfield.

That said, I expect it to get the fanbois treatment and get so overhyped that when it eventually launches in Bethesda’s usual buggy mess it will be a huge disappointment.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Murgos posted:

I think the only game I am excited to see something of at E3 is Starfield.

That said, I expect it to get the fanbois treatment and get so overhyped that when it eventually launches in Bethesda’s usual buggy mess it will be a huge disappointment.

Terra Invicta is supposed to be getting coverage.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
we have a decent idea of Capcom's upcoming release schedule from the leaks (even if there are surely delays due to covid etc.), so the only things that are real possibilities to release in the next year-or-so and therefore possible announcements this summer are their multiplayer shooter codenamed Shield, and Resident Evil Outbreak (believed to be a codename for Revelations 3). maybe a Dragon's Dogma 2 tease or something but that's still a fair way off so I wouldn't expect much - it was planned for the end of 2022 in the leaks but has surely been delayed further since then

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

StratGoatCom posted:

Terra Invicta is supposed to be getting coverage.

Oh yeah, that will be totally overhyped and janky too.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

as a reminder, tomorrow is the first sort of real E3-style event, as it's Geoff Keighley's "Summer Game Fest" stream. It's the one that's going to have Weezer performing during it for some reason

10:30 AM PT/12:30 PM CT/1:30 PM ET/6:30 PM BST

It's supposed to have "30 announcements" although at the Gaming Awards, sometimes an 'announcement' is just "This indie game is getting a Switch port!"

the time of WORLD PREMIERES is upon us

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

The 7th Guest posted:

the time of WORLD PREMIERES is upon us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyCNYaqjvnw

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Murgos posted:

Oh yeah, that will be totally overhyped and janky too.

Mmm, I have a bit more faith in either of them - TI is the only game right now trying to do what it's doing, and thus a bit of jank is tolerable. The reason why the many, many issues with creation went so long without fixing is that the board at Beth was blocking it.

MS is likely to tolerate less of that.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
If Miyazaki doesn't show an Elden Ring trailer on the same day as this, I don't want it.

https://twitter.com/SPACEdotcom/status/1402346637905776642

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

kliras posted:

If Miyazaki doesn't show an Elden Ring trailer on the same day as this, I don't want it.

https://twitter.com/SPACEdotcom/status/1402346637905776642

imagine how scary that would be 1000 years ago

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

eonwe posted:

'the gods are displeased with us. sacrifice a thousand more children' :hmmyes:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ah, annual E3 mainstays Verizon and Intellivision

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

eonwe posted:

It's one of those fortunate accidents of astronomy that our moon is at just a certain size and distance from the sun that total eclipses like that are possible. Anyway that would DEFINITELY be a cool time to promote a new video game.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Has Sony still not announced a State of Play or whatever it's called now? They're leaving it pretty late.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

They might just not be planning one. They can go whenever and get all the buzz they possibly want.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Last year Sony didn't hold an event until, like, August or something.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

eonwe posted:

imagine how scary that would be 1000 five years ago when I would view the prospect of the end of the world and my own accompanying death with some sort of dread or disappointment

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

no pre-pre show, no deal

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Is elden ring going to be PS5 exclusive? Now that Sony partly owns fromsoft I am scared that I will never get a PC port again.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

The Skeleton King posted:

Is elden ring going to be PS5 exclusive? Now that Sony partly owns fromsoft I am scared that I will never get a PC port again.

Elden ring was announced during a Microsoft conference

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Oh, well okay then

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

today's the first unofficial day of E3 with geoff keighley's summer game fest. it happens in a couple of hours

as a reminder, even though his event promises 30 announcements, if you've seen the game awards, an announcement can sometimes just mean "existing game gets a release date" or "existing game gets a switch/pc port". or DLC

i think the ridiculous dark alliance gopro camera trailer was a Game Awards announcement originally

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The Skeleton King posted:

Apparently Sony owns 1.9%? Presumably not enough to have any sway over platforms etc.

The 7th Guest posted:

today's the first unofficial day of E3 with geoff keighley's summer game fest. it happens in a couple of hours

as a reminder, even though his event promises 30 announcements, if you've seen the game awards, an announcement can sometimes just mean "existing game gets a release date" or "existing game gets a switch/pc port". or DLC

i think the ridiculous dark alliance gopro camera trailer was a Game Awards announcement originally

They do get the occasional huge drop too though. Wasn't the XBSX first unveiled at the TGAs?

stev fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jun 10, 2021

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
I hope we see more dripping wall dicks from SCORN

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

stev posted:

Apparently Sony owns 1.9%? Presumably not enough to have any sway over platforms etc.

They do get the occasional huge drop too though. Wasn't the XBSX first unveiled at the TGAs?
Yeah, the Series X was a surprise announcement at the 2019 Game Awards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

The 7th Guest posted:

ah, annual E3 mainstays Verizon and Intellivision

I triple checked the date because I believed, I actually wanted to believe that I was being brought back to 40 years ago and now I am incredibly pissed off.