Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yeah I just wanted to get my stance out there and I'm ready to move on. EMF is the one who called their fans perverts so they can take all the heat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

People come at EMF because he’s the only poster who has any discernible level of swag

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Again, for the record I wasn't trying to passive aggressively criticise or close the Enclosed Pool Area, just posting what I considered bad takes in the bad takes thread uncommented like most bad takes in there are. I didn't even argue with them, just EMF's defence that they should be allowed to call people perverts without getting flack for it.

And yeah, Benne's take wasn't as bad as EMF's and the coward comments aren't really directed at him. Although out of all insults people are getting really heated up about being called posting cowards, lol.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Some of us are perverts. Some of us are cowards. Some are perverted cowards or cowardly perverts. We watch wrestling, it all goes hand in hand. Except you, you’re cool.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Benne posted:

This all could've been easily ignored, but when you bring that poo poo into the Chris Regal thread in a lame attempt at a dunk, you're making it A Thing and stirring up even more needless drama. And you're not helping this subforum's reputation of being overly defensive babies.

this here is specifically *why* the various chris regal-type threads everywhere on SA typically do not allow quoting goons. not because people are defensive babies (though some are), but because it sometimes kabooms into ferocious and weird and weird and ferocious drama bombs outta nowhere

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

QCS is a shithole populated by the worst posters on this site.

:agreed:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Cerebral Bore posted:

Only reason I said anything in the first place is because I do have a strong desire to post about pro graps in an environment where it isn't OK to make gross personal attacks on people for absolutely no valid reason, jokes or no, and it's better to nip that kinda poo poo in the bud.

remember when you defended taintrunner for doing exactly this in PSP lmao

JUNGLE BOY fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jun 10, 2021

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

fez_machine posted:

I do think a lot of the demand for the sub forum was inspired by cowardice rather than funny people unable to be funny in this forum and it'll lead to some club house/illuminati bullshit by basically being an off-site on-site.

No, it's because I wouldn't post "i jerked off to Rikishi's big rear end til my pecker turned into a twizzler" in PSP, but I want a place to post like an absolute idiot about wrestling. A brain toilet. PSP isn't the place for that nor should it be subjected to my garbage.
They serve two different purposes, they're just about the same subject and they're both good. imo.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

hey i apologize i was just making a joke about Jandek obscurity, etc and how its filmed like those wrestling customs. i did not mean anyone to take it seriously and i was also trying to be light hearted when i was quoted in chris regal.

i will be more considerate to people’s feelings i like everybody here a lot and i don’t want to make anyone feel bad

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i thought the ChocoPosts were funny

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The rest hold post made me do a shot of air out my nose and a little grin.

Should be allowed

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Rarity posted:

QCS is a shithole populated by the worst posters on this site.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Also if you take EMF 100% seriously all the time, I don't know what to tell you.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I’m gonna shoot here guys, so apologies in advance, but if someone says fans of a certain wrestling company are perverts on the sub-sub-comedy-wrestling forum and you get upset it just makes me think you actually are a pervert.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

EMF's post was funny, good, and above all, true.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah, as someone who was just the other day told I was fapping to wrestlers by a megadouche I don't see EMF's joke as being anything close to the same

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Eat My Fuc posted:

hey i apologize i was just making a joke about Jandek obscurity, etc and how its filmed like those wrestling customs. i did not mean anyone to take it seriously and i was also trying to be light hearted when i was quoted in chris regal.

i will be more considerate to people’s feelings i like everybody here a lot and i don’t want to make anyone feel bad

the jandek joke was funny

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

cruising a thread called like "things you're afraid to post on a wrestling forum" for content for a thread mostly devoted to gawking at twitter users with seventy thousand posts and two followers not liking Kenny Omega is an addiction to online drama.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I cant speak for Tao but as the other person who privately theorized about a potential wrestling lite forum months ago I can confirm that I am a huge coward

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

one of the first threads posted in the epa was a "chris benoit is innocent" thread. definitely a place for serious discussion and not just blowing off steam

when I read those emf posts I thought "lol good thing this is a joke forum no one takes seriously or that would be chum in the water" and yet here we are

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
As official "poster with a Chocopro avatar" I feel the need to say that they are not an exclusively comedy promotion, the workrate often varies highly depending on the match, and the production value is a part of the charm. If you can't handle the yelling then fine, but I would encourage folks to watch a few episodes before making an overall judgement call.

I've linked an example of workrate Chocopro from their 100th episode so that we can put these filthy rumors to rest. Timestamped for when they start introducing the first match.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzNhj5Awai0&t=523s

So now shut the gently caress up about it and definitely don't call me a pervert for enjoying it. EMF has also called me psychotic for enjoying a wrestling show but he did it in EPA and I quickly learned that's a lawless land for people to insult each other and not have to defend their lovely opinions and it's not for me.

Great jokes, EMF!

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Someone explain what a Jandek is so I can get the joke EMF made about apartment perverts

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Penguin Patrol posted:

As official "poster with a Chocopro avatar" I feel the need to say that they are not an exclusively comedy promotion, the workrate often varies highly depending on the match, and the production value is a part of the charm. If you can't handle the yelling then fine, but I would encourage folks to watch a few episodes before making an overall judgement call.

I've linked an example of workrate Chocopro from their 100th episode so that we can put these filthy rumors to rest. Timestamped for when they start introducing the first match.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzNhj5Awai0&t=523s

So now shut the gently caress up about it and definitely don't call me a pervert for enjoying it. EMF has also called me psychotic for enjoying a wrestling show but he did it in EPA and I quickly learned that's a lawless land for people to insult each other and not have to defend their lovely opinions and it's not for me.

Great jokes, EMF!

No one actually thinks you’re a pervert, op

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Someone explain what a Jandek is so I can get the joke EMF made about apartment perverts

he’s an obscure musician who made hundreds of tuneless albums that barely resemble music he developed also a rabid fanbase and I enjoy some
of his work.

penguin patrol i apologize for my ribbing going too far in the other forum and i will check out the match. I have no negative thoughts about you as a poster or a person.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The only perverts in this forum are the Naito fans

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
For what it's worth, I don't think I've ever posted sober in the EPA, and that includes that bad take thread I made. I thought that was mostly the point of the sub.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

abre tus ojos marrones pose

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Members of the Dark Order are known Spooky Perverts.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Members of the Dark Order are known Spooky Perverts.

But Malcolm Excellent, I’m a member of the Spooky Pervert community???

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Sandman McMahon posted:

No one actually thinks you’re a pervert, op

not what the post was about?

thanks for the apology EMF

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
My favorite ChocoPro wrestler is Meltdown Mei

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

MotU posted:

My favorite ChocoPro wrestler is Meltdown Mei

Oof

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

:(

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Penguin Patrol posted:

not what the post was about?

thanks for the apology EMF

You’re right, I’m sorry. I will shut the gently caress up about it and definitely not call you a pervert.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Sandman McMahon posted:

You’re right, I’m sorry. I will shut the gently caress up about it and definitely not call you a pervert.

If you don't know the difference between spreading some dumb fake opinions vs actually thinking them then I don't know what to tell you

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

he’s an obscure musician who made hundreds of tuneless albums that barely resemble music he developed also a rabid fanbase and I enjoy some
of his work.

Is there a Jandek thread anywhere? It’s a weirdly good comparison now that I think about it.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Penguin Patrol posted:

If you don't know the difference between spreading some dumb fake opinions vs actually thinking them then I don't know what to tell you

Your last paragraph in the big post made it seem like you were taking this really dumb topic way too personally so I made fun of that. That’s literally it.

You like the obscure Japanese wrestling company and that’s cool, we’re all here for similar reasons. But you are right, I have no idea what you’re talking about w/ the fake opinions versus real ones so I’m just going to slowly back out of the thread.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Sandman McMahon posted:

Your last paragraph in the big post made it seem like you were taking this really dumb topic way too personally so I made fun of that. That’s literally it.

the last paragraph definitely was personal because it was about other interactions and repeat behavior, not just this topic. i mentioned it and it's squashed which I think is how things should work, but i guess i'll accept your ridicule if you think that was stupid.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Rarity posted:

QCS is a shithole populated by the worst posters on this site. That I said it would be more effective than posting in the Bad Take thread wasn't meant to be a compliment for QCS

QCS is indeed the worst sub on these dead gay forums and mods/admins telling peeps to go post there is basically exiling them to a wasteland of hot takes and poopy posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Rarity posted:

all wrestling fans are perverts because they enjoy watching half naked people hurt themselves for our enjoyment