Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
A Real Wrestler

https://mobile.twitter.com/Gphalen11/status/1402824648283377665

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cerebral Bore posted:

Real question here, what are you gonna do about it then? Because the idea that there's a special clubhouse where it's OK to call people who like a nice and innocuous promotion a bunch of sex perverts and we're not even allowed to make fun of them for doing it is kinda hosed and will very clearly lead to a lot more bad vibes than the alternative in the long run.

Go into the thread and call them a loving idiot.

Or ignore it because who gives a gently caress what EMF thinks.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Guys wrestling well is cultural appropriation

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

really interested in seeing what kenny is doing that this guy reads as "slanting your eyes"

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Every time someone shortens Eat My Fuc to EMF it makes me think of the band that did "Unbelievable" and I like the idea of the tone of their posts varying based which band member is logged on at the moment.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

Real question here, what are you gonna do about it then? Because the idea that there's a special clubhouse where it's OK to call people who like a nice and innocuous promotion a bunch of sex perverts and we're not even allowed to make fun of them for doing it is kinda hosed and will very clearly lead to a lot more bad vibes than the alternative in the long run.

sticklefifer posted:

I mean you could just reply to their posts with :jerkbag: and call it a day.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Much like when someone posts bad in PSP you can just mock the bad posts in the thread they were posted in.

MJeff posted:

Go into the thread and call them a loving idiot.

Or ignore it because who gives a gently caress what EMF thinks.

It's all of this.

You can also be like me, and not read the forum that has bad vibes.

The point of this thread is to make fun of people, and having a shield of distance where they cannot just log in and argue with you is the entire point of the rule against mocking goons. Twitter idiots, facebook fools, and trash website writers all have to find this thread first.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
If you yourself don't even want to look at the place, then surely you have to realize how unreasonable it sounds that your solution is "well just go engage with the place that I myself don't want anything to do with".

Like, I get if posting poo poo from these forums overall is verboten and that's OK, but in that case the people with authority have to make sure that some modicum of decency is maintained even in the wild west forums zones. Because it's still publicly viewable and people will be looking and I've been on SA long enough to see that if there either is no outside pressure valve or some sort of moderation the whole thing will blow up eventually and the fallout will end up loving both subforums up.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Where is the Enclosed Pool area?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Where is the Enclosed Pool area?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=681

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Big Dave posted:

really interested in seeing what kenny is doing that this guy reads as "slanting your eyes"

No one is allowed to furrow their brow anymore for any reason

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

fez_machine posted:

It's obviously harder to to mock the bad posts in the club house sub forum when it's a club house that exists without moderation for the sole purpose of letting people confidently post that kind of poo poo because they're cowards who can't post it in the real forum

harder in the sense that it'll be drowned out by the clique protecting their obnoxious friend by calling any outside poster a killjoy

ngl this is the most cowardly thing anyone has posted in a while

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

"Everyone who likes chocopro is a pervert" is such a ridiculous exaggeration I'm not actually sure how anyone could take it even remotely seriously or be offended by it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
When you deal with a critic you should take them on like Mike.

https://twitter.com/mkurtz91/status/1174869712158756864

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Vince MechMahon posted:

"Everyone who likes chocopro is a pervert" is such a ridiculous exaggeration I'm not actually sure how anyone could take it even remotely seriously or be offended by it.

Right? It's completely absurd to me and is no different than "anyone who watches even a moment of WWE-produced content is a cop" or "the UK wrestling scene is 100% creepshows" in terms of how personally offended you should be from it.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

This whole Chocopro vs Perverts feud is pretty much the reason why the other forum is a good idea. Like good lord what the gently caress is even happening here.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

"the UK wrestling scene is 100% creepshows"

This is true though!!!

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
chocopro loving pervert here, I was even patreon backer #69

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

MotU posted:

chocopro loving pervert here, I was even patreon backer #69

Nice

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

so wait is chocopro just those final fantasy chicken things fighting?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

NienNunb posted:

ngl this is the most cowardly thing anyone has posted in a while

For me, it's still second place to "can we have another subforum"?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dr. Zoggle posted:

yeah

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
I thought enclosed pool area was supposed to be the place to just enjoy wrestling without all the baggage that happens here. How is it even more unbearably miserable lol

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

cagliostr0 posted:

I thought enclosed pool area was supposed to be the place to just enjoy wrestling without all the baggage that happens here. How is it even more unbearably miserable lol

Those posts are taken from a joke thread that is full of almost exclusively joke replies.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

cagliostr0 posted:

you think goons actually read the things they whine about? lol

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Vince MechMahon posted:

Those posts are taken from a joke thread that is full of almost exclusively joke replies.

I am dead serious about my opinions on irish whips and which wrestlers from the early 1900's should be doing them.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Vince MechMahon posted:

gently caress you I will continue to post how Viscera was a wasted talent and you're all too much cowards to stop me

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Dr. Zoggle posted:

Now I have this image in my head of Chris Brookes and Lulu Pencil sitting atop their Chocobos as they battle each other.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Germansimp posted:

Now I have this image in my head of Chris Brookes and Lulu Pencil sitting atop their Chocobos as they battle each other.

imagine the size of the chocobo that chris brookes could ride, it'd be huge!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Germansimp posted:

I would watch the hell out of this

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

cagliostr0 posted:

The thing is there's a real thin line between that and just wanting to be an rear end in a top hat without having to face consequences. And the name doesn't exactly make it seem like you're meant to take happy fun good times from it.

EDIT:Just to be clear, this is nothing to do with EMF's post specifically. I just think the other board is a very Bad and Dumb Idea. Like, why were people mad about the fuckwit the other day (before the outright transphobia, obviously) if there's an entire board that people here are chill with just so you can post stuff like that?

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jun 10, 2021

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If you all are so bothered by it just pretend it doesn't exist and don't read or post there. It should not affect your life one iota and no one is interested in your opinions on it if you don't do either.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

80% of EPA is just PSP regulars posting about asses and fat guy wrestlers, the fact that it still makes a handful of you blindingly angry is incredibly funny

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It really is wild that SA contains the greatest concentration of wrestling fans without eyelids ever assembled without anyone even trying. I'm glad we've found each other.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

its been a rough few weeks for our friend sean but he's back on top now
https://twitter.com/SeanCarlucci/status/1401736214206631936

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

NienNunb posted:

80% of EPA is just PSP regulars posting about asses and fat guy wrestlers, the fact that it still makes a handful of you blindingly angry is incredibly funny

I've never once seen anything racist or transphobic or even targeting any specific poster in there. It's basically just a place where hornyposting is allowed.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

I've never once seen anything racist or transphobic or even targeting any specific poster in there. It's basically just a place where hornyposting is allowed.

And posts like that are still explicitly against the rules. It's not early aughts FYAD in there or something.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

NienNunb posted:

I just can't wrap my head around it.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Also like several more regular folks didn't really seem to care for the turn that thread looked to be taking with that stuff lol.

TEPA is fine.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

The thing is there's a real thin line between that and just wanting to be an rear end in a top hat without having to face consequences. And the name doesn't exactly make it seem like you're meant to take happy fun good times from it.

EDIT:Just to be clear, this is nothing to do with EMF's post specifically. I just think the other board is a very Bad and Dumb Idea. Like, why were people mad about the fuckwit the other day (before the outright transphobia, obviously) if there's an entire board that people here are chill with just so you can post stuff like that?

because no one in epa posts like that dipshit?

sexmetalbarbie posted like a loving rear end in a top hat so they got treated like a loving rear end in a top hat. epa has people making dumb loving jokes and being absurd for the sake of being absurd

like the second day the forum was open some dipshit made a thread called "lets make fun of charlottes weird face" and they were immediately mocked and the thread was gassed. mean spirited poo poo just to be mean doesn't fly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

We've reached the point where the bad takes thread is just producing its own bad takes. Jolly good.