Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I think the recent Nick Khan actions make it pretty clear that WWE is taken over by a media conglomerate the second Vince’s heart stops and will no longer be under the control of any member of the family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Last frame of the last Raw would be an advertisement for the "Rise... and Fall of WWE" on the peacock network

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

his name is Road Dogg

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Nick Khan should have publicly scolded his employee, HHH, for answering questions poorly.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
20 years of scheming, plotting, and marrying undone in 3 months by a MBA. lmao

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
the youtube thumbnail for fightful's story is one this thread can appreciate

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://twitter.com/wrestlezonecom/status/1403042044298338304?s=21

https://twitter.com/WRESTLEZONEcom/status/1403042045338529792?s=20

What an absolute piece of poo poo.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Penguin Patrol posted:

This makes me think the pointing is a very intentional gimmick which makes him slightly cooler than I’d assumed.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Turns out HHH has a very detailed 69 page google doc describing the lore, motivations, and psychology behind the pointsmirk

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Equality is giving the women 2 minutes of match time on your main show

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

If you want to wrestle the best women in the world, go to NXT Japan

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hell yeah, Trips. Plant your flag and make it known to the world that you don't understand poo poo.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Very strong "please stop asking me for things I have no power" energy.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Remember when Reddit sent hhh a fruit basket because NXT was good lol

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Even HHH doesn't know about 205 Live

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Motherfucker, WWWFE has been doing hundreds of men-only shows throughout its entire existance, including the loving BloodMoney shows in Saudi-Arabia, and you have rightfully received tons of criticism for that. He's such a delusional waste of oxygen.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Because the behind the scenes drama is infinitely more interesting than the product that they are producing.

I love movies, but I read nothing in regards to spoilers or behind the scenes stuff of the movies I am interested in. Because I have faith that watching a movie I'm interested in will be a good use of two hours of my time. I can't say the same for Raw, but have more interest in how the cooks created such a monstrosity.

On the flip side, I love AEW and rarely even step into the weekly discussion thread because I just don't care to ruin a good show with potential spoilers because its worth my time.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

his name is Road Dogg

Lol

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
It's going to be great when Paul has to crawl over to AEW and beg for a job because he got fired from the WWE

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Do it ironically posted:

It's going to be great when Paul has to crawl over to AEW and beg for a job because he got fired from the WWE

Should make him run laps around Daily's Place while Tony screams "it's a marathon not a sprint"

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Hasta la Sunset Vista, baby

Raskolnikov38 posted:

20 years of scheming, plotting, and marrying undone in 3 months by a MBA. lmao

I can't remember the timeline right, did HHH get his new title that was very clearly a demotion before or after Khan came in? Either way it's absolutely hilarious watching him lose control of what he thought was a guaranteed inheritance.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Envisioned posted:

it's absolutely hilarious watching him lose control of what he thought was a guaranteed inheritance.

:yeah:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1403049505839329287?s=20

Please respect Triple H's privacy.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

HHH is just mad he hasn't gotten any more fruit bouquets

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

njsykora posted:

Also this is incredibly funny after the what the women's division has been the last few months.
https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1403042137407692808

LOL jesus christ

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Him flipping out about the person he mailed a full trash bag to after firing her during a plague immediately producing a women's PPV for another company

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

flashy_mcflash posted:

Should make him run laps around Daily's Place while Tony screams "it's a marathon not a sprint"

god yes

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
HHH is unleashed now that he knows he's never going to sit in the big CEO chair

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They are definitely waiting for Becky to return to save the women's division on whichever show she ends up on.

Then they'll still book Charlotte over her and wonder what they're doing wrong.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

lol HHH is such a bitch

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The fall of HHH at the hands of the Khan's is the best wrestling story this year no lie

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Codependent Poster posted:

They are definitely waiting for Becky to return to save the women's division on whichever show she ends up on.

Then they'll still book Charlotte over her and wonder what they're doing wrong.
Becky was never supposed to be over in the first place, it was because of Nia Jax accidentally breaking her nose that made her look like a massive bad-rear end on the road to Wrestlemania and fans just hijacked the show in support of her.

There is absolutely no coincidence that 5 of the most over people in the WWE had to become some popular that they forced the WWE to change their long-term bookings and then took it out on them after their big win. CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Kofi Kingston, Becky Lynch all had some pretty pathetic feuds after their big title win.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Do it ironically posted:

there's a non zero chance sting gets his win back

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Man why does he even do these conference calls anymore, he clearly loving hates doing them.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If I was Becky right now I'd take one look at the women's division and stay home with my baba until my contract ran out

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

MJeff posted:

Man why does he even do these conference calls anymore, he clearly loving hates doing them.

His boss and superior Nick Khan makes him.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Rarity posted:

If I was Becky right now I'd take one look at the women's division and stay home with my baba until my contract ran out

there's no way they aren't adding time or freezing contracts for maternity leave

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Just going to steal the recap from reddit since it's all in one place

quote:

[Notes taken from various Twitter accounts such as Fightful, F4W, Satin, Alba, and PWInsider]

• Triple H media call for #NXTTakeOver starting now. Says In Your House is becoming a fun old school flashback show for NXT

• HHH talks about how @XiaWWE didn't really know what WWE was before training at the PC and has grown so much

• Triple H calls @LAKnightWWE a stand out talent on the microphone who has been consistent. He notes @CGrimesWWE has always has the in-ring skills but has finally blossomed into a character. He compares Ted DiBiase and Grimes' in-ring work.

• Triple H says @notsam will be on the NXT Takeover pre-show, but does not apologize for it

• @TripleH confirms @notsam, @ArashMarkazi and @SInow's @JustinBarrasso for the pre-show. Says he wants members of the media to be a part of the pre-show panels. Says Justin has to not screw it up for everyone.

• Triple H tells Mike Johnson that there are "Jeremy Borash specials" across the board in NXT, and points out the Tian Sha origin story was a lot of Jeremy.

• HHH says Cameron Grimes doesn't drink or smoke, so they had to do his vignettes in one take.

• Regarding MSK, Triple H doesn’t like comparing talent to other stars of the past. He wants them to be themselves.

• @JasonPowell asks @TripleH if @WWEKarrionKross is being booked in a way that plays off criticisms of him. Hunter says they put bells & whistles on everyone. Says the term "work horse" was made up on the internet, "everyone works hard." Says if you don't work hard you're gone.

• As far as the other wrestlers criticizing Karrion Kross on Twitter, Triple H discussed it being a blending of reality and what they do. Sees no issues calling out the character’s weaknesses. Are they right or is it talk? That’s what makes it real.

• @WrestlingGary asks @TripleH if NXT women will appear for the @nwa and if there will be an all-women's show later this year. Hunter questions why there's "contractual status" when @MickieJames says she wants all the best women in the NWA.

• Triple H tells Gary Cassidy equality isn't "we have our own program" when he asks about an all women show. Says an all-male show with no women wouldn't be equality "If you want to wrestle the best women in the world, come to NXT. If you want to go elsewhere and SAY that, do it."

• Regarding some NXT talent not working on the main #WWE roster, Triple H says it’s like sports. Some talent work out to their potential, others don’t. There are varying circumstances.

• @TripleH talks about if NXT is developmental or a third brand now. Hunter says that 3 - 4 years into NXT a heavy knock was that talent didn't spend long there before moving on. Says the brand has changed to a place where some talent will be there for a long time.

• Triple H tells Dave Meltzer that not everyone works out in a certain place. There are a variety of factors that might lead to a talent working out -- schedule, coaches, performance. Triple H doesn't like the speculation of where people will go and says "just watch it."

• Asked about NXT talent getting called up and frustration about them being "misused," HHH says it happens all the time in the NFL when some players just don't work. Also brings up question of whether NXT is their own brand or a developmental.

• @TripleH tells the fans to just watch NXT and decide if you like it or don't. Tells them to watch it or don't. Says the fans ruin things half the time by being overly critical. "It's a marathon, not a sprint." Says he wants NXT to be long term.

• Triple H says Ted DiBiase is more than willing to mentor and talk to talent at #WWENXT tapings.

• @TripleH says when the Million Dollar Title was brought to NXT for the first time it got an awesome reaction from everyone at the PC. Says the title has not been redone, this is the "real deal". Puts over how well the "memorabilia show" did.

• Triple H tells @JonAlba on this NXT media call that a SummerSlam weekend Takeover is a work in progress right now.

• HHH won't go into detail on how/if the Million Dollar Championship will be defended in NXT

• Triple H confirms to Conor Casey a Fightful Select report from a few months back that for now, WWE CWC is NXT's home.

• HHH says for now, CWC is still the home of NXT. Looking forward to Full Sail re-opening and being hands-on again as it's their fountain of youth.

• End of call.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Penguin Patrol posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

MJeff posted:

AEW do them now so he's trapped because he started doing them to brag about how good NXT was and now NXT is poo poo and he can't stop doing something if the other guys are doing it as well.