Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Gripweed posted:

are toy shows ever worth it? I've heard they tend to be overpriced. There's one near me next week, I was wondering if it'd be worth sticking my head in to check for the Warhammer figures I missed and Ultraman sofubis.

They can be really fun even if the dealers are a mixed bag. I say go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’m gonna have a booth for the first time at a general con and I’m pretty pumped to just hunt for old toys again.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Toy shows rule.

I made my first sale on the Mercari app. I listed the slightly damaged lower tower piece from Eternia on Friday night. Got an offer less than an hour later, counter offered and it sold. Shipped Monday and the buyer received it today. The fees were lower than ebay, like 9% overall, and it was overall a pretty smooth transaction. They allow paypal payments but your payment from a buyer goes into a virtual wallet until you transfer to your bank, I don't see an option to transfer to PayPal but honestly the less PP has to do with my money the better.
Prices also tend to be a bit lower than ebay, probably because the sellers are not being nickel and dimed on fees.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

They can be really fun even if the dealers are a mixed bag. I say go

OK but if I don't enjoy myself or find anything good I will complain about it

https://twitter.com/DaikaijuLegends/status/1402703858716000264?s=20

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you’re looking for currently released toys that are hard to find at a toy show you’re probably going to pay a decent premium, yeah. It’s all the older stuff that’s cool to check out.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Rhyno posted:

Toy shows rule.

I made my first sale on the Mercari app. I listed the slightly damaged lower tower piece from Eternia on Friday night. Got an offer less than an hour later, counter offered and it sold. Shipped Monday and the buyer received it today. The fees were lower than ebay, like 9% overall, and it was overall a pretty smooth transaction. They allow paypal payments but your payment from a buyer goes into a virtual wallet until you transfer to your bank, I don't see an option to transfer to PayPal but honestly the less PP has to do with my money the better.
Prices also tend to be a bit lower than ebay, probably because the sellers are not being nickel and dimed on fees.

Yeah, we've been using Mercari to prune through my collection for the past couple years and had infinitely better luck selling stuff with smoother experiences than ever with ebay. We still get jerks and assholes but much less so it's fine.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Gripweed posted:

lol I was at the Ultra Festival where they fist showed the Hippolite Seijin, Ultraman Jonius anda few other of those. :smith:

Beaucoup Cuckoo
Apr 10, 2008

Uncle Seymour wants you to eat your beans.
Just make sure it's not a model train show - unless you're into that kind of thing.

I went to one once and while the mixed bag side was fun, it was mostly a bunch of old dudes fighting over model trains which was entertaining for about an hour.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Beaucoup Cuckoo posted:

Just make sure it's not a model train show - unless you're into that kind of thing.

I went to one once and while the mixed bag side was fun, it was mostly a bunch of old dudes fighting over model trains which was entertaining for about an hour.

My father has been running train shows for 30 years and I can confirm the shows are terrible.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Super 7 almost always puts out waves of exactly four figures, and they try to wait until one wave ships to announce another. Their goal is four waves of four per line per year. The head of the company does a lot of interviews, and he said the pace of their releases is very deliberate, and has a lot to do with trying not to overwhelm customers with more toys than they can reasonably afford. Their price points are a little higher than big companies because of their small production runs, so they can’t just crank out a million toys for cheap. They do quality work, though.

I've been waiting on pins and needles for anything on their Power Ranger line to drop. I'm hoping this is the month since they usually do two Ultimates preorders roughly at the same time.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

As promised, a couple quick in-hand pics of Tifa Lockhart:

The lighting in this room sucks and I feel like it doesn't really do the figures justice, but long story short, they're rad. When you're used to figures in this style being 6 inches tall, the 10" scale is really imposing. Great details on these guys.

I'm using the "stern" face on Tifa; maybe I'll try to get pictures of her "happy" face later. I think that's the one that had worse QC problems in the beginning, but mine looks great, at least as good as the other one in terms of paint apps. I like the more serious expression for battle poses. They did this interesting thing where her head goes together like a little 3-piece puzzle with two possible faces, three hair-back pieces and one hair-front piece, so you can combine your preferred facial expression with your preferred hair sculpt. I picked the sort of medium hair option in terms of how dynamic it looks.

This was also my first time opening Barret, and I gotta say his head sculpt/paint is the best out of the three. Or at least, the most lifelike. Cloud and Tifa have nice head sculpts but they're very generic anime-looking people and Barret looks like a real guy, like they laser-scanned somebody. Really intricate shading in his skin and hair and super detailed eyes too. I put the sunglasses-on head on him, but he has a nice no-sunglasses head, and also a left hand that's made to grip an extra pair of sunglasses so you can put him in dramatic poses whipping his sunglasses off. I played with that a little, but it's kind of a fiddly setup and I was worried about losing the shades if I put him on the shelf that way.

As I've said before, I'm not a big Final Fantasy fan and never really got into the games, but I always loved these character designs and I love these toys!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I put the sunglasses-on head on him, but he has a nice no-sunglasses head, and also a left hand that's made to grip an extra pair of sunglasses so you can put him in dramatic poses whipping his sunglasses off. I played with that a little, but it's kind of a fiddly setup and I was worried about losing the shades if I put him on the shelf that way.

https://twitter.com/kiwikee3/status/1252458844111826945

https://twitter.com/kennsyn/status/1396229634463870981

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Jun 10, 2021

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh yeah that Tifa head looks completely fine. People are still going to be disappointed because it’s definitely a ‘toy’ level sculpt instead of a ‘collectible’ level one like the prototype had, but that is the trap of Play Arts unfortunately.

Edit: Jessie PAK announced today too. There's a solo Jessie, Jessie with bike, and Jessie with Cloud and bike.

Red XIII, and Rufus too.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jun 10, 2021

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1402948657977040896?s=21

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

~$175 for the bike, that's a bit much.

I had the old Cloud Harley from way back but had completely forgotten how significantly the scale changed since then so it looks like Powerwheels if I tried to put him on it.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Just when I thought I was out...!

Edit: I told myself “main cast only” with the FF7 Remake figures, and I was never really tempted by the guys in business suits, but I will absolutely need Red and the Jessie figure looks pretty great too. And of course I want the bike, but don’t know if I’ll take it that far…

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jun 10, 2021

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
https://hasbropulse.com/products/g-i-joe-classified-series-snake-eyes-timber-alpha-commandos-action-figures

Go you beautiful bastards!

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony
We're getting a regular retail release of Breaker out here next month it looks like, so should be turning up in the west shortly thereafter. Haven't heard anything about the rest of this batch of Joes.

Really interested in these McFarlane leaks, Animated Flash is a must have for me, and Swamp Thing probably will be too. I'm probably going to skip the Batman 66 figures (other than Batman himself) as they don't seem better than my mattel ones, but that batcave playset is going to be mine.

Fish Of Doom posted:

Bib Fortuna's cool though, give me more weird Jabba's palace guys.

Bib Fortuna's a must buy for me, he's on my dream list alongside a black series Lobot, Porkins, Biggs, all the AOTC jedi etc. My spouse has all the original rogue one releases but will probably want the new molds. I'm still surprised we've seen so few cantina aliens and ewoks in black series though...

Gripweed posted:

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

lol I was at the Ultra Festival where they fist showed the Hippolite Seijin, Ultraman Jonius anda few other of those. :smith:

WHY ARE THEY LIKE THIS?

I'm still really perplexed about the Figuarts Char they showed back in 2014? Like what possible reason could they have for not producing it? Would be one of the best selling figures they've ever made.

Pre-orders on that Shin Ichigo repaint are open here and he's going to be upwards of $130, so probably going to pass on him too.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Snake Eyes is already gone, but they do appear to have Flint/Jaye/Zartan in stock again if people have missed those.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hasbro pulse is stupid.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/165316

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Lol, they are down for me

Edit: Oh no up after aminute, guess I'm gonna pull the trigger on this like a moron

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Down for me atm. Was in the middle of verifying my address :doom:

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
It's up again now.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Today is going to be expensive for future me: PAK Jessie w/ Bike and Red XIII, Snake Eyes & Timber, and an Ahri statue for League of Legends.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Sooper Gila posted:

WHY ARE THEY LIKE THIS?

I'm still really perplexed about the Figuarts Char they showed back in 2014? Like what possible reason could they have for not producing it? Would be one of the best selling figures they've ever made.

Pre-orders on that Shin Ichigo repaint are open here and he's going to be upwards of $130, so probably going to pass on him too.

Yeah Figuarts releases are baffling sometimes. (Or non-releases I should say). I was all about the Joneus since he was becoming popular again due to Titus being the big guy a couple years back. I'm still bummed I missed out on Titus because of COVID as well, damnit. He's hard to get even third party because no one wants to give him up.

CaptainN
Jul 28, 2004

Hasbro Pulse US $42

Hasbro Pulse UK £49.99 ( $71 )

They can get hosed.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CaptainN posted:

Hasbro Pulse US $42

Hasbro Pulse UK £49.99 ( $71 )

They can get hosed.

The US price doesn't include taxes. Isn't VAT like 30%?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Aphrodite posted:

The US price doesn't include taxes. Isn't VAT like 30%?

20%, not as low as US sales tax (depending on your location).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So that means before VAT it's like 41.something pounds and actually a good bit cheaper? Or am I doing this math wrong?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

So that means before VAT it's like 41.something pounds and actually a good bit cheaper? Or am I doing this math wrong?

20% of £50(49.99) would be £10, so the price pre-VAT would be £40 (US$56.69 at current market rate).

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Anyone have the skus for the neca WalMart stuff? Grappling gun, homelander, macready, etc.

Thinking I'll check brickseek cause damned if I can get them to answer the phone.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

That grapple gun would be cool. I got the 89’ batarang that NECA put out, and it was some pretty good quality for $13.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I went back a day or two later and all the Homelanders and Starlights were gone and only the grapples were there minus the one I bought so maybe it won't be a popular item? Lemme check mine for the SKU.

EDIT: uh does this help any?

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jun 11, 2021

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yup! You can search by sku or UPC. Out of stock though :(

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

When is Macready supposed to be out?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Kong, him, homelander, starlight and the grapple gun were all supposed to be near the father's day "season", from what I've seen.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Neat, the laser baby from the butcher figure is actually touch sensitive, so no flipping a switch, you just apparently tap it to turn on the LEDs. Video is on the company facebook page.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Xenomrph posted:

When is Macready supposed to be out?

He’s been out. You could’ve also ordered him from the target site.

But he seems to be sold out. Maybe there will be one in your area.

https://www.target.com/p/the-thing-7-34-scale-action-figure-ultimate-macready-outpost-31/-/A-82074179

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I got homelander already. I found him at a Walmart 2 hours away from me. I was already there and had a hunch they had a full case of everything there. I went though like 5 homelanders to pick a decent one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I think I have said this before, but Homelander is such a terrifying and generally off-putting character that I would feel a little uneasy having a miniature one on my shelf. All due credit to the brilliant actor and creative team on that show, for presenting such a truly, deeply upsetting character that I don't want the action figure.