Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
is there anything that Zephrys can offer which can defend against all the OTK Warlocks in Wild? I'm desperately searching for a reason not to just auto-concede against every Warlock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

Chernabog posted:

I was able to get a turn 1 kill with both druid and DH.

It's a brawl so who cares, but making big tokens seems a bit more consistent than either of these. DH needs to do a fuckload of stuff, and if you get taunts up, has to find Altruis and play enough to burn your taunts. Druid I've seen with malygos, but you have to find celestial alignment + play it to make it work. With tokens you have a ton of different ways to fill and buff your board.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
lol my opponent did oaken summons into arcane golem, it gave me a mana crystal, and i couldn't cast any spells for health anymore

edit: oops i might've thought 'spells' included creatures, thanks mtg

look at this poo poo i just fought against

flatluigi fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jun 9, 2021

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

enki42 posted:

It's a brawl so who cares, but making big tokens seems a bit more consistent than either of these. DH needs to do a fuckload of stuff, and if you get taunts up, has to find Altruis and play enough to burn your taunts. Druid I've seen with malygos, but you have to find celestial alignment + play it to make it work. With tokens you have a ton of different ways to fill and buff your board.

Well, it was fun for me. And you don't need to do any of those things, you just just draw your entire deck in a turn and get +30 attack on your hero. DH has immune and Druid has a bunch of armor and healing.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Can confirm, druid is fun this brawl. Got my draw 30 daily done in two games.

:unsmigghh:

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Chernabog posted:

I was able to get a turn 1 kill with both druid and DH.

What did you use? Have no idea what a good deck for this break would be.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Julio Cruz posted:

is there anything that Zephrys can offer which can defend against all the OTK Warlocks in Wild? I'm desperately searching for a reason not to just auto-concede against every Warlock

Play aggro or :getout: of wild

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Julio Cruz posted:

I am out of Wild until they nerf something cause the choice seems to be play OTK Warlock or lose to OTK Warlock and as much fun as the deck is I hate playing against it.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Strawberry Panda posted:

Basically every spell in DH works lol, although you have to be quick. Every draw spell, every attack spell, cheapest 2 mana draw minions. It's almost 100% win on Turn 1, but the big problem is speed because the timer is shorter on T1. You take 0 damage because of Blur/Relentless Strikes and can cycle with minions like Novice/Prize Vendor so long as you draw them with Skull. You want at least Skull or Acrobatics in opening hand.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Ok this deck felt good before and now its even better. Thanks all

### gb3
# Class: Druid
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 1x (0) Lightning Bloom
# 2x (1) Adorable Infestation
# 2x (1) Argent Squire
# 2x (1) Enchanted Raven
# 2x (1) Nature Studies
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Loot Hoarder
# 2x (2) Mark of the Spikeshell
# 2x (2) Prize Vendor
# 1x (2) Razormane Battleguard
# 1x (3) Archspore Msshi'fn
# 1x (3) Overconfident Orc
# 2x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 1x (4) Baron Rivendare
# 2x (4) Germination
# 1x (4) Plaguemaw the Rotting
# 1x (4) Thickhide Kodo
# 2x (5) Arbor Up
# 1x (5) Greybough
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
#
AAECAbSKAwrxugPmvgPw1AOm4QO17AO57APC7AOoigSXoATSoAQK5roDm84DudIDtuEDjOQDlugDiu0DlaAEoaAEt6AEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Some filthy greybough shenanigans and arbor up fun as a back up. I kept archspore out of the previous decks because he would gently caress up fordring tutoring out greybough but it seems worth the trouble now.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
An actual intentional fatigue Priest in Dad Legend. Genuinely considered Seppuku by lamp.

Honestly, how long has Priest been like this now, a year? An entire class whose purpose is to randomly ensure one of the two players does nothing all game, and it’s just deciding which person it’ll be?

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Strawberry Panda posted:

Literally all the drawing, plus attack and direct damage spells. On druid some armor and healing while on DH both immune spells.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Word to from the wise for duels:

Constructed Face Hunter can kick an exceeding amount of rear end if you have the "beast dies, draw a card" treasure. Just take a single of all the good cards and go hog wild. :ssh:

Yestermoment fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Jun 10, 2021

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Yestermoment posted:

Just take a single of all the good cards and go hog wild. :ssh:

I think I'm picking up what you're putting down :wink:

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

I got an email to do a blizzard survey and they're asking about the effectiveness of marketing copy. I think it includes details on the mercenaries mode that haven't been released yet.

They also had questions about celebrities or influencers that might be a good fit for an endorsement. Mr T, Rick and Morty, Henry Cavill, and Deepfuckingvalue were all options. There was also talk of being a gacha game and collaborations with anime properties, so the bounties in mercenaries could be a new currency for packs that effect that particular mode.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
ah poo poo the next new class is gonna be a night elf mohawk isn’t it

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Blizzard I don't appreciate you calling me out like this

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

That email makes Mercenaries sound less like a new game mode and more like an entirely new game that happens to be launched through Hearthstone. It seems like a lot to add to the Hearthstone team's ongoing work.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Devo posted:

Blizzard I don't appreciate you calling me out like this

How to even estimate? I assumed they were tracking all this poo poo behind the scenes.

Conservatively guessing, half an hour a day, every day, for the past 7? years? 1,277. :barf: Probably at least twice that if I'm being honest.

On the plus side, I've spent exactly $1.99 :smug:

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I put 1,000 and that is likely ridiculously low

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Sloppy posted:

How to even estimate? I assumed they were tracking all this poo poo behind the scenes.

Conservatively guessing, half an hour a day, every day, for the past 7? years? 1,277. :barf: Probably at least twice that if I'm being honest.

On the plus side, I've spent exactly $1.99 :smug:

Yeah I’ve got no idea but it’s gotta be over 1k hours

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

I put down 2500 for that question and I have reason to believe that it's more.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
When the game first came out I'd come home from work and play from like 8 p.m. to 4 a.m...

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
I started playing May of 2020 and have probably played between 250-500 hours, but I could be way off

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Should probably undo the last couple of Paladin nerfs, it’s awful again. I hope you assholes are happy

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

If paladin is awful, I'm happy.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Amoeba102 posted:

If paladin is awful, I'm happy.

You’re so cruel. Paladin has been so awful for so long. Why couldn’t we have the two mana two two draw a card buff

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lister posted:

I got an email to do a blizzard survey and they're asking about the effectiveness of marketing copy. I think it includes details on the mercenaries mode that haven't been released yet.

They also had questions about celebrities or influencers that might be a good fit for an endorsement. Mr T, Rick and Morty, Henry Cavill, and Deepfuckingvalue were all options.

Lmao the wallstreetbets gamestop guy? What the gently caress?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

goferchan posted:

Lmao the wallstreetbets gamestop guy? What the gently caress?

That’s exactly my reaction lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Ladies and gentlemen, here to present the next Hearthstone expansion, please welcome the new faces of the game: Joe Exotic, Tim Buckley, and Ja Rule

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Boatswain posted:

Fam I crafted Alignment Druid and it sucks rear end :tipshat:

VS agrees with me, from their latest report:

quote:

Celestial Druid is one of the worst, if not the worst deck we can remember evaluating in reports. It’s so bad that its matchup with the innkeeper might be unfavored. It takes a special kind of deck to display a 35% win rate while maintaining any significant meta presence.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

a fatguy baldspot posted:

Should probably undo the last couple of Paladin nerfs, it’s awful again. I hope you assholes are happy

Play my stupid Party Paladin deck, it's holding its own in legend, though I'm not so much climbing as bouncing back and forth.

### Party Pals
# Class: Paladin
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Animated Broomstick
# 2x (1) Righteous Protector
# 2x (2) Cult Neophyte
# 1x (2) Murgur Murgurgle
# 2x (2) Wandmaker
# 2x (3) Goody Two-Shields
# 2x (3) Seedcloud Buckler
# 2x (4) Southsea Scoundrel
# 2x (5) Aldor Truthseeker
# 2x (5) Carousel Gryphon
# 1x (5) High Abbess Alura
# 2x (6) Hammer of the Naaru
# 2x (7) Party Up!
# 1x (9) Alexstrasza the Life-Binder
# 2x (9) Libram of Hope
# 1x (9) N'Zoth, God of the Deep
#
AAECAaToAgT8uAPD0QOb2AOwigQN6rkD7LkDlc0DytED/tEDi9UDhd4DjeEDlugD++wD/uwDlO8DyaAEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Going for the Party Up achievement?!

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, but also trying to make it work as an actual deck. It's decent, good matchups vs Priest and Hunter, completely folds to Token Druid and Doomhammer Shaman though.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

This deck has been pretty fun to play, since it’s got good tempo while also generating tons of value. Also everyone mulligans wrong against it because they think you’re control, lol.

### Buffboy
# Class: Priest
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Draconic Studies
# 2x (1) Holy Smite
# 1x (1) Psychic Conjurer
# 2x (1) Renew
# 2x (2) Condemn (Rank 1)
# 1x (2) Power Word: Feast
# 2x (2) Sethekk Veilweaver
# 1x (2) Shadow Word: Death
# 2x (2) Wandmaker
# 2x (3) Apotheosis
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 2x (3) Palm Reading
# 1x (4) Kazakus, Golem Shaper
# 1x (7) Soul Mirror
# 2x (8) Power Word: Fortitude
# 2x (8) Primordial Protector
#
AAECAa0GBsi+A7TRA/zoA+fwA76fBMGfBAyTugObugOvugPezAPXzgP+0QPi3gOW6AOY6wOe6wPe7AOFnwQA
#

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
Wow, new wild balancing patch with a new sort of nerf- Stealer of Souls is being sent to the shadow realm

https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/1403431995858849794

Maybe they'll nerf it and reintroduce after it comes out of standard?

e: yeah

https://twitter.com/GW_Alec/status/1403434439145754624

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I haven't played this game in literally years. Is it easy to get back into it without spending money?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I haven't played this game in literally years. Is it easy to get back into it without spending money?

as someone who just did that: not really, but if you have a good classic collection you can get away with playing that mode for a while

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
You do get a reasonably competitive deck upon logging in for the first time in a while at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Quotey posted:

Wow, new wild balancing patch with a new sort of nerf- Stealer of Souls is being sent to the shadow realm

https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/1403431995858849794

Maybe they'll nerf it and reintroduce after it comes out of standard?

e: yeah

https://twitter.com/GW_Alec/status/1403434439145754624

They should just rework the card completely, it's unplayable in standard right now anyway