Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

HHH is unleashed now that he knows he's never going to sit in the big CEO chair

Everybody wants to sit in the bug chair, PAUL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

1glitch0 posted:

Is anyone even nostalgic for IYH?

they reran iyh because well everyone's been in their house

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
“Some people wrestle on television, but then they wrestle on television on a different thing, and it doesn’t work out. Because it’s so different”

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Rarity posted:

Ronda left and Becky got pregnant and those were the only two real draws they had

It says something that Rousey is an division-killing loss when she worked a total of 70 matces in a total career of 13 months, with 2 losses.

She debuted with Angle at WM34, and hasn't had a match since the triple threat with Becky and Charlotte on 4 August 2019.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

That 'something' is 'we wanted to build this division around her and now that we can't we're taking our ball and going home.'

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Kona Reeves will continue training until he hits 10 years at which point he will be greatest wrestler of all time and will carry the HHH brand into the future

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
attention thread

HHH still sucks, just like he always has

then, now, forever

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Does Nock Khan like comic books

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Liquid Communism posted:

It says something that Rousey is an division-killing loss when she worked a total of 70 matces in a total career of 13 months, with 2 losses.

She debuted with Angle at WM34, and hasn't had a match since the triple threat with Becky and Charlotte on 4 August 2019.

I wonder if they thought for any second about actually building any women up to actual come off as a threat to her. Because at the time every woman aside from Nia and Charlotte was basically treated as a joke.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Shinjobi posted:

attention thread

HHH still sucks, just like he always has

then, now, forever
ty for being brave enough to say this

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
#standupforwwe

ah poo poo wait

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

HHH owns actually. they should remake the Master as a WWE films production with HHH in Joaquin's role and Vince subbing for phillip seymour hoffman.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Eat My Fuc posted:

HHH owns actually. they should remake the Master as a WWE films production with HHH in Joaquin's role and Vince subbing for phillip seymour hoffman.

Triple H and his best friend, Mark

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
The HHH thing pretty much tracks with how WWE handles the NXT callup failures. Just blame the wrestlers for not getting over. Convince them it's their own fault for not trying hard enough, it's not Vince or the writers or anyone's fault but their own, etc. Just next level gaslighting.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Drakkel posted:

The HHH thing pretty much tracks with how WWE handles the NXT callup failures. Just blame the wrestlers for not getting over. Convince them it's their own fault for not trying hard enough, it's not Vince or the writers or anyone's fault but their own, etc. Just next level gaslighting.

It's a politicking survival strategy for him. It has to be their fault because otherwise it's his, and that's unacceptable when you're THE GAME UHAHUEHUE

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1403190772359385098

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

I’m picturing nick khan taking advantage of a senile Vince and showing him the my friend mark clip while slipping him a chart of rarings since 2014. make him think it’s all HHH’s fault

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

JT Smiley posted:

I wonder if they thought for any second about actually building any women up to actual come off as a threat to her.

twoish years ago they built baszler as a raw big bad finalized by her domination at elimination chamber, this past monday she was yelling at a doll

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This week my WWE-fan co-worker told me he was depressed about what WWE are doing with Shayna. I told him Double or Nothing was the best PPV I've ever seen. He did not respond.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
and then everybody slow-clapped

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
No it was an email convo

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

It’s completely believable that a goon would say some thing that would make someone else stop talking to them

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

That's a lot of marks.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

” It's so funny to me sometimes how in our business, everyone is so worried about where someone is going to go or land or how is this going to play out long-term in the future. How about watch it? Do you like it or do you not like it? Do you have to say 'I like it, but I like this other thing more." Just watch it or don't."

"And stop trying to figure out where everything goes. Fans ruin their own stuff half the time trying to figure out where everything goes and why it's going there and how, and then trying to pick up their phone and search for the thing to find out what it is can ruin it for them so they aren't surprised when it happens. I don't understand that.”

Gee I wonder why Trips seems to be being pushed out of power.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm not owned I'm not owned I say as I shrink and turn into a bingo hall indie promoter

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm ruining my own stuff trying to figure out why a grown adult woman is feuding with a doll

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
"If you don't like what we're doing you can gently caress off" says company that's ran off almost two thirds of their audience in five years or so.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Imo at the next conference call someone ought to ask Trips about his friend Mark. maybe he’s snappish because he hasn’t heard anything from his good friend recently :ohdear:

SatansOnion fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Jun 11, 2021

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Just lmao forever that Hunter's 20-year Machiavellian scheme got undone in less than a year by a former sports agent and a DVDVR poster

E:

https://twitter.com/AaronWrotkowski/status/1403054571484811271

Benne fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Jun 11, 2021

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Cerebral Bore posted:

"If you don't like what we're doing you can gently caress off" says company that's ran off almost two thirds of their audience in five years or so.

"It's a marathon not a sprint!" I exclaim as I collapse, wheezing heavily, into a stinky gutter

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Golden Bee posted:

It’s completely believable that a goon would say some thing that would make someone else stop talking to them

lmao

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Cerebral Bore posted:

That's a lot of marks.

moe voice: yeeah, not no more it aint

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
It's going to be something to behold, when Vince sells his controlling stock on his deathbed, unbeknownst to HHH.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I heard Nick Khan burst, fully formed, from George Barrios's sixhead to punish WWE.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

“If you don’t like it, don’t watch. No, not like that”

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

projecthalaxy posted:

I heard Nick Khan burst, fully formed, from George Barrios's sixhead to punish WWE.

lmao

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cerebral Bore posted:

other than fits and starts, which the company immediately quashes, this company has been on a steady systematic decline since the highs of the early 00s.

some treasured highlights of this company sabotaging itself:
-Zach Ryder on his own time creates a huge youtube brand. He's paired with John Cena who unapologetically sleeps with his girlfriend.
-Piggy James. That should have resulted in broken jaws. The disrespect.
-Stephanie getting mad at Dusty Rhodes for being too charismatic on a live mic.
-the repeated mocking of Jim Ross's medical conditions.

I'm still trying to the find the spot where the powershift happened in their storytelling that established the McMahons were completely unimpeachable and everyone else became loser fuckers that can't stand up to the boss. I think it was somewhere after they blew up McMahon's limo.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I stand by while the decline was perpetual the moment it went from "improving to a decline" to freefall was when they put the belt on Jinder Mahal as it was a moment where it straight up insulted the audiences intelligence fundamentally in what they understand wrestling to be. We recently saw this again with The Miz second reign and boy what the gently caress.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I would say the endless authority angle was when they could’ve fixed things, but it continued after Daniel Bryan won the world championship for like, a year. To the point where they were screwing over heel Seth Rollins on pay-per-view, because they were out of things to do.

The CM punk promo also could’ve re-invigorated things, it got a lot of attention. But you can’t do a shoot promo about why your company sucks and not address anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Vince had one moment in his life where he took stock of the direction of the company and decided his way wasn't the best and gave up a little bit of power. And he never wanted to ever have to go through that again.