Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Make Pedro Pascal Reed, and Grogu Ben.
:hmmyes:
Clobbering time, it is.

Shameful snipe. Have a picture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

X-O posted:

The guy that played Ravi on iZombie is the best pick I've heard of anyone for Reed. I just think he could nail it.

If we are going to be fan casting Rahul Kohli into projects, I'm going to go with my out of left field option.

Rahul Kohli as Wesley Dodds in my attempt to do an updated TV show based on Sandman Mystery Theatre.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Inkspot posted:

Rhys Darby as Silver Surfer. Enough brooding. This is the MCU. Time for a super personable Norrin Radd, desperate for someone to talk to besides his stuffy, planet-devouring boss.

Jemaine Clement as Galactus

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Jemaine Clement as Galactus

I think he would be the perfect silver surfer/norin radd

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I expect thatvwhen they get around to Surfer they will do something weird like Rocket or Korg.

And I am here for that.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Alpha Flight but it's set in New Zealand and the cast is just everyone from the What We Do In The Shadows movie, and Wellington Paranormal spin-off.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Alpha Flight but it's set in New Zealand and the cast is just everyone from the What We Do In The Shadows movie, and Wellington Paranormal spin-off.

:hmmyes:

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Rhyno posted:

I expect thatvwhen they get around to Surfer they will do something weird like Rocket or Korg.

And I am here for that.

Richard Ayoade as the Surfer then.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Ayoade as Knull

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

Noel Fielding would be a better Surfer

Ayoade for Dragon Man

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Sumo posted:

Noel Fielding would be a better Surfer
Oh yes. "Galactus... I beseech you... spare earth. Have you listened to Cradle of Filth?"

Ayoade for Machine Man

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FilthyImp posted:

Oh yes. "Galactus... I beseech you... spare earth. Have you listened to Cradle of Filth?"

Ayoade for Machine Man

Next Nextwave movie WHEN

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Sure but the bad guys are the cast of Deathgasm.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Benedict Cumberbatch should have been Dr Doom. He could have just played it the same way he played Dr Strange. Just a real dick.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

FilthyImp posted:

Ever drink the power cosmic out of an old shoe?

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Jun 12, 2021

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

stratdax posted:

Benedict Cumberbatch should have been Dr Doom. He could have just played it the same way he played Dr Strange. Just a real dick.

What Dr. Dooms looks like under his mask doesn't really matter but Cumberbatch actually sort of resembles Dr. Strange.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

stratdax posted:

Are you saying Disney should have cast him as a character they didn't have the rights to use at the time?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I've pictured Doom as Vincent Cassel since Infamous Iron Man.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Matt Smith is terrible in everything and would make a horrible Reed please keep bad suggestions out of this good thread.

He was great in the Crown the only thing Ive ever seen in him

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

What Dr. Dooms looks like under his mask doesn't really matter but Cumberbatch actually sort of resembles Dr. Strange.

His accent also sounds very strange.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Danny Mcbride for doom or the thing

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Mr Hootington posted:

Danny Mcbride for doom or the thing
Kenny Powers as Doom

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I've pictured Doom as Vincent Cassel since Infamous Iron Man.

Don't get your hopes up

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Thinks they are for kids....hasn't seen them.

I mean they are broad, not the deepest of films, but are Oceans movies any different?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

My favorite is when someone has a weird arbitrary line of which comic book things are real films (Batman) and which are space wasting theme park rides for children (Ant-Man). I assume it's cultural osmosis that has taught them Batman is cool and good, and a lack of which leaves you looking at Ant-Man, a different superhero named after a different largely harmless animal, and thinking "No, that one is the lame one, I can tell."

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

big talk from a guy who was the villain of a fantasy kung fu movie where he used Ivy's weapon from Soul Calibur and commanded a giant armored tiger to make French peasants think they lived near a werewolf

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Brotherhood of the Wolf rules but it was 20 years ago.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
That one had boobs in it! so like...clearly for adults or whatevr

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

theironjef posted:

My favorite is when someone has a weird arbitrary line of which comic book things are real films (Batman) and which are space wasting theme park rides for children (Ant-Man). I assume it's cultural osmosis that has taught them Batman is cool and good, and a lack of which leaves you looking at Ant-Man, a different superhero named after a different largely harmless animal, and thinking "No, that one is the lame one, I can tell."

“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- CS Lewis

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

theironjef posted:

This was some of the most frustrating poo poo I dealt with when working comics retail.

Also Ant Man is a better film than the last nine films Batman has been in.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The Red Letter Media guys seem to use Ant-Man as their go to argument that superhero movies are stupid wastes of film, and I think it's literally just that they think the name is ridiculous. It's a perfectly competent heist movie with a superhero twist, there's plenty of shittier modeen comic book films to point at when you want to be a big ol contrarian.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

theironjef posted:

The Red Letter Media guys seem to use Ant-Man as their go to argument that superhero movies are stupid wastes of film, and I think it's literally just that they think the name is ridiculous. It's a perfectly competent heist movie with a superhero twist, there's plenty of shittier modeen comic book films to point at when you want to be a big ol contrarian.
Like Thor or Thor 2

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

theironjef posted:

RLM becomes way more enjoyable when you just ignore their takes on anything made after like ~1999.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

RLM becomes way more enjoyable when you just ignore their takes on anything made after like ~1999.

This is the reason I stopped watching their reviews of new movies and stick to Best of the Worst.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Veotax posted:

This is the reason I stopped watching their reviews of new movies and stick to Best of the Worst.

Mike isn’t too bad when it comes to new stuff, but Jay is just insufferable. He’s the ultimate film Twitter dweeb and those people are the worst.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Are you saying Disney should have cast him as a character they didn't have the rights to use at the time?

No I meant now, if he hadn't been cast as Strange. But I'm only half serious anyway.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Mike isn’t too bad when it comes to new stuff, but Jay is just insufferable. He’s the ultimate film Twitter dweeb and those people are the worst.
It’s because unless it has clown rape in it, Jay isn’t interested

He’s seriously the biggest grind house/B movie nerd ever

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Talking movies with Jay seems like it would just be exhausting because he goes into everything with an incredibly closed and prejudged mind. He’s so busy thinking up reasons to hate poo poo that he can’t just sit there and enjoy anything unless it comes from a boutique blu-ray label.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

theironjef posted:

yeah but those guys are idiots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Jay is generally a lot more correct about the quality of films

Mike just doesn't give a poo poo anymore. His soul has corroded and life has left him