Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/Finneganporter/status/1402992293624238082

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!
Always glad to see us moving away from the Gibsonian techno-dystopia and moving further into the realm of PKD's "Second Variety" with a touch of Dr. Strangelove mixed in.

I can already hear government suits shouting: "We need killer robots that can kill their killer robots! We can't afford a killer robot gap!"

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

pseudosavior posted:

Always glad to see us moving away from the Gibsonian techno-dystopia and moving further into the realm of PKD's "Second Variety" with a touch of Dr. Strangelove mixed in.

I can already hear government suits shouting: "We need killer robots that can kill their killer robots! We can't afford a killer robot gap!"

Michael, you idiot, I told you that plugging Son of Anton into the skynet would result in murder bots, and now you're getting shot by a robot like I said you would.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

At this point schools should just stop putting 1984 and Brave New World on required reading lists and replace them with PKD stories and Transmetropolitan.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

nice one buddy, now I’m craving long pig burgers

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
https://twitter.com/DudespostingWs/status/1403422918865002506

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
They should just 3d print erect dicks lol

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Colonel Cancer posted:

They should just 3d print erect dicks lol

Hahaha only way your wife's gonna get one

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Start at 80% of the real Rhino horn price and donate the proceeds, imo

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

withak posted:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-57394831

Apparently a popular encrypted messaging app in widespread use by international criminals was actually being run as a joint American/Australian FBI sting. :lol:

quote:

This is a fascinating example of law enforcement, perhaps growing tired of wrangling with US tech giants over accessing encrypted data and locked devices, taking matters into its own hands.
if by fascinating you mean terrifying

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

aphid_licker posted:

Start at 80% of the real Rhino horn price and donate the proceeds, imo

yeah if they price it too low people will just not buy the knock off i feel like.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
yeah gotta undercut the current market gradually so people can’t easily tell which are synthetic.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Homocow posted:

on the comical side, (according to the article at least) the only way to get that particular app was... getting another in-network criminal to give you a referral to the loving fed informants, to sell you a bugged phone that also charged you a subscription fee for the app, because why not.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

quote:

This is a fascinating example of law enforcement, perhaps growing tired of wrangling with US tech giants over accessing encrypted data and locked devices, taking matters into its own hands.

Homocow posted:

It's hardly new, though. A Swiss company called Crypto AG provided secure comms equipment to companies and governments all over the world for decades. Last year it was discovered their products were all compromised through and through, because since 1970, ownership of Crypto AG itself was held by... the CIA. (And for 20 years or so before the ownership became official, there had been a "gentleman's agreement" in place that amounted to the same thing.)

https://www.cryptomuseum.com/intel/cia/rubicon.htm

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
or like when the British gave out Enigma machines to all its former colonies in the wake of WW2, before it was publicly known that they'd cracked the encryption during the war

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Heavy_D posted:

or like when the British gave out Enigma machines to all its former colonies in the wake of WW2, before it was publicly known that they'd cracked the encryption during the war

Holy poo poo

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Heavy_D posted:

Lmao is that real?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

tesla self driving auto turret

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/harryaaron/status/1403562959092207616

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

All it's missing is a business hole

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
No one ever complains about pissing next to your buddy at a urinal but you put 2 toilets next to each other for tandem making GBS threads and all of a sudden it’s weird

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Nothus posted:

Lmao is that real?

its real and also apparently the IDF were nazis from the very beginning
https://www.timesofisrael.com/nazi-enigma-machine-up-for-sale/

quote:

In the years after the establishment of the state in 1948, the Israel Defense Forces also acquired some Enigmas. The machines were tinkered with to adapt the keys to accommodate the 22 letters used in the Hebrew alphabet and then pressed into service to keep the new state’s military secrets under wraps.

However, apparently unbeknownst to Israel’s military, the seemingly secure Enigma machine codes had already been cracked in what was one of the most closely guarded secrets of WWII.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

The Nastier Nate posted:

No one ever complains about pissing next to your buddy at a urinal but you put 2 toilets next to each other for tandem making GBS threads and all of a sudden it’s weird

That 20+ Kids and Counting show had a picture of their shitters up a long while ago, they had tandem shitters, iirc one was child size.

Also, shitters without walls were everywhere when I was in the army. Like the military didn't have money to put up partitions, especially in training.

If we were in the field, I just used the la-tree-line.

CRUSTY MINGE has issued a correction as of 14:28 on Jun 13, 2021

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
They spent the last of their toilet partition money on another fighter jet, sorry but it was necessary to protect my freedoms

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020
honor guard performing the flag folding ceremony in the double shitter

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Nastier Nate posted:

In fact, most civilized people do prefer urinal partitions

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Rutibex posted:

its real and also apparently the IDF were nazis from the very beginning
https://www.timesofisrael.com/nazi-enigma-machine-up-for-sale/

quote:

The success was one of the most closely guarded secrets of the war and afterwards, as Britain encouraged former colonies that had gained their independence to use the enigma machines for their own military secrets.

Lol

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
All bathrooms will be genderneutered and urinals will be replaced with proper toilets in a floor to wall stall with a lock and a bidet in every bowl

Vote TO for president 2024

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

tokin opposition posted:

All bathrooms will be genderneutered and urinals will be replaced with proper toilets in a floor to wall stall with a lock and a bidet in every bowl

Vote TO for president 2024
Better than Biden.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

CHALLENGE PISSING

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

smarxist posted:

CHALLENGE PISSING

On the 2nd step, thru the middle of the railings, into the 3rd urinal

*pisses all over the wall, gets H

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

aphid_licker posted:

Is there a technology that doesn't actively kill people that has been successfully banned? Stuff like cancer-causing chemicals is hard enough, it seems unlikely that you can outlaw something like face recognition.
The thing is, facial recognition technology has literally no legitimate uses. There's no good reason for anyone to be using it.

I would want any use of it to be a federal felony with a draconian minimum sentence, and any company found systematically using it be fined in proportion to the company's value at a level that guarantees the company goes bankrupt.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Prettz posted:

The thing is, facial recognition technology has literally no legitimate uses. There's no good reason for anyone to be using it.

I would want any use of it to be a federal felony with a draconian minimum sentence, and any company found systematically using it be fined in proportion to the company's value at a level that guarantees the company goes bankrupt.

It's almost like we live in a dictatorship of the bourgeois or something

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

The Nastier Nate posted:

On the 2nd step, thru the middle of the railings, into the 3rd urinal

*pisses all over the wall, gets H

"KOBE"

*shits on floor*

"BRICK"

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

Prettz posted:

What about the iPhone

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Found Footage Horror movie sidetracking itt...

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/PinkNews/status/1404588714580353033

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I want a sex robot that loves me for me, not because some techbro programmed it to.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
PM me as soon as we can make a robot trans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
My fuckbot’s sexuality should be fluid. I don’t want to box them into a gay or straight label