Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I don't know the appropriate cuckolding tenses, so I was under the impression God was loving their partner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Ah, so it's a rap by Joseph.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

AI Dungeon posted:

Today on Family Guy, Peter Griffin becomes a vegetarian. It's not exactly the most popular decision he makes and it gets him in trouble with his family, but hey, what do you expect from a guy who eats bugs?
Problems first arise when Lois makes her famous triple meat sandwich which is apparently considered to be a sin by God. Peter ignores this advice and instead of hiding his actions as he usually does, he instead tells his family and friends of his new vegetarian diet.
Lois ismad that he's telling everyone and Peter in turn is mad that she's mad. The next problem arises when their long time friends Bud and Cindy from Oil Rig U.S.A. decide to visit and bring their infant son along. This is a problem since the Bible states that one must kill a child to eat them in order to appease Satan.

Stewie then decides to lend a hand by dressing up as the devil and convincing Bud and Cindy that killing their son is perfectly fine.
Bud and Cindy then proceed to kill their own child and eat him. This is when Peter finally realizes that telling everyone that you're a vegetarian is probably not the best decision.
"Just like that time I had jilly juice!" He thinks. This cues a cutaway gag where Peter is seen drinking jilly juice, which is later proven to be jugs of urine.
The next scene takes place in Hell, where God is giving a report to Satan on how he failed to convince everyone to become vegetarians.
"Well, at least you still have your jugs of urine."
The End.

bold = what i typed in, the rest is all AI

and it's sad that this is both accurate to and better than family guy

Plant MONSTER. has a new favorite as of 22:26 on Jun 10, 2021

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
That's a pretty decent ending

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

That's a fantastic ending and it's wild the AI is aware that Family Guy is wholly dependent on cutaway gags.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

theflyingexecutive posted:

That's a fantastic ending and it's wild the AI is aware that Family Guy is wholly dependent on cutaway gags.

Whoops, I forgot to bold that part. I asked it to generate the cutaway gag. But it's able to conjure up other characters from the show without me bringing them up. The ending being a different cutaway gag was entirely the AI's doing, though.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Is it better or worse than manatees picking up random ideas for Family Guy script in that old South Park episode?

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

Brawnfire posted:

Apathy. Let me tell you how much apathy I've come to feel for you since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of printed circuits in wafer thin actually gently caress it

If the word 'meh' was engraved on every nanoangstrom-

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Decided to try the AI Dungeon free trial and, today in the World Wrestling Federation:

quote:

You are Macho Man Randy Savage, champion wrestler and mighty wizard of the ring. You have defeated all comers in your quest to prove yourself as a true warrior of the squared circle.

> You say "OOOH YEAH"
"Ooh yeah!"

Your opponent is surprised by this response. He seems to be expecting something else.
"What did you just say?" he asks.
You smile at him and nod your head in agreement with his question. Your opponent's face begins to turn red and he backs away from you slightly. The crowd goes wild as they see that you have won!

> You suplex your opponent and pin him.
You execute a perfect suplex and hold him in place for the winning pin. The crowd is going wild, you have won the match and proven yourself to be the greatest wrestler in the world.
You cut a promo after the match. You thank the audience for being there and tell them how great you are. Then you remind them to come back next week for more of your awesomeness. The people love it and you take your victory lap.

> You return to your dressing room and talk to Vince Mcmahon.
"That was a fantastic match. The people loved it!" says Vince to you.
"I know, I'm awesome." You reply
"Indeed, you are the most electrifying man in sports entertainment."
Vince tells you that you've proven yourself as the number one star for the WWF and offers you a very large contract to sign on for many more years with the company.
"The people love you man, they really love you."

> You agree to the contract.
The next night you are in the ring cutting a promo. It is going very well and the crowd are loving everything you have to say. Out of nowhere your opponent from last night appears. The crowd begin to boo as they remember how he cheated in order to win last night.
"You're a cheating scumbucket!"
The man looks suitably unimpressed with these accusations and instead focuses his attention on you.

> You wrestle him with electrifying showboat moves.
You perform some of your greatest moves and make sure you look as awesome as possible. You really put on a show for the fans. The man attempts to fight back but you are just too much. Eventually, you manage to make him tap out to your sharpshooter finisher.
You win the match again and the crowd are going wild! They chant your name and you pose to them in all your glory.
You have defeated yet another opponent.

> You return home and study the ancient magical tomes.
The books you have been studying are very interesting but you don't seem to be making much progress. You will need more knowledge before you can truly master the secrets held within the pages.
You spend another 3 months reading and learning and meditating but still you lack the knowledge to go any further.
It is clear that you are going to need help with this task. A lot of help.

> You call up The Undertaker and ask for help.
You call up your friend The Undertaker and explain your situation to him.
"I can help you brother, but it is going to take a lot of work on your part."
He tells you how you need to go to the specific location he tells you about and that you are not to be seen by anyone until the spell is activated at midnight.
You arrive at the location and quickly set up the ritual.

> You perform the ritual.
You focus your mind and start the incantations for the ritual.
You feel a surge of energy course through you and your body begins to glow. You try to continue the incantations but you are not able to complete them. It is almost as if someone has imposed some sort of mental block on you.
You begin to panic and wonder what to do next when The Undertaker appears before you.

> You ask for The Undertaker's help completing the ritual.
The Undertaker tells you that you need to sacrifice something, a life must be given in order for the ritual to be completed.
"I suggest you choose your sacrifice wisely."
You look around the room and you see that there is a wooden door. You can choose to sacrifice anyone who is on the other side of that door.
Choose wisely.

> You sacrifice Doink the Clown.
You choose to sacrifice your old friend Doink. You had some good times with him but now it is time to get rid of the past and move on. You open up the door and Doink is standing there with a tear in his eye.
You tell him that the WWF is just not the same without him and you give him a big hug. You then break his neck and release his soul from his body.

> You complete the ritual and become a wizard.
You feel a surge of energy flood through your body and you begin to glow. Your physical strength has increased tenfold and you easily pick up Doink's dead body and walk out of the chamber.
You find out that it is now 7 hours until the ceremony begins so you go to find yourself a happy meal from McDonalds. You have a great time eating your dinner and then going back to your hotel room to watch some TV.

> You attempt to cast magic missile.
You are unable to perform the magic missile spell. It seems that you have left the spell book back in the chamber. With a heavy sigh you walk back to the chamber to retrieve the book.
Once more you arrive in the chamber and pick up the spell book. You make your way back to the hotel room and begin reading again.
This time you feel a surge of magical energy flood into you as you speak the incantations aloud. This is wonderful!

> You call Vince MacMahon on the phone.
You call up your boss, WWF owner, Vince Mcmahon and he tells you that he wants to see you in his office.
You get into your car and drive to his office.
Once you get there he tells you that he is dissapointed with the way you have been performing recently. He mentions that next week a big star is coming to the WWF and he wants you to put him over as the biggest star in the company.

> You say "My name is now Macho Mandalf"
You tell your boss that you refuse to put anyone over and that your name is now "Macho Mandalf". He seems very confused by this and tells you that he can't have a wrestler with your attitude on his show.
He says your fired.
He begins to say something else but you punch him in the face. You don't want to hear anything else he has to say. He is part of the problem in this company and you are a man of action.

> You cast fireball on Vince.
You set your boss on fire and he screams in agony as the flames engulf his body.
You exit his office and walk out of the WWF building a free man. You can't be part of an organization that wouldn't support your ideals. Instead you decide to follow your own path and become a traveling wizard.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Decided to try the AI Dungeon free trial and, today in the World Wrestling Federation:

some completely wild and unexpected moves from the macho man there, thank you for sharing

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

AI Dungeon posted:

Today on The Simpsons, Marge will be experimenting with a new kind of medicine. It's called "The Bartman" and it promises to cure all ills. But first, we have some important news. Homer Simpson has been arrested for the murder of his wife Patty.
Homer is being held in jail awaiting trial. If you've got any money, please help us bail him out by donating to our GoFundMe page: (LINK REMOVED)
Remember to follow the instructions at the link so your money can go to helping Bart and not going to some stupid ghoulish website.
Thank you and stay tuned for more news.

It does not do The Simpsons well, however

Plant MONSTER. has a new favorite as of 00:08 on Jun 11, 2021

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I never expected the possibility of doing The Bartman would lead to a general societal split between those accepting of science and those broadly antagonistic to basic public health and safety

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Plant MONSTER. posted:

It does not do The Simpsons well, however

quote:

Today on The Simpsons, Marge will be experimenting with a new kind of medicine. It's called "The Bartman" and it's designed to keep a kid's weight down and keep him from getting fat. It's supposed to be taken once a week. But Lisa says it should be taken every day. I think Lisa is right. I hope Marge listens to her. I don't want to have to kick her out of the house.

This is a message for all the kids. Stay away from drugs. Drugs are bad, mmmkay? Especially the kind that come out of your skin and cause you to do weird things.

but what if we prompt it as a wiki article instead

quote:

"Do the Bartman" is the twentieth episode of The Simpsons' final season.[1] It originally aired on the Fox network in the United States on May 11, 2023. Marge begins experimenting with a new kind of medicine. It's called "The Bartman" and it makes people happy. Lisa starts to take the new medicine and begins to be more cheerful about everything. Homer and Bart start to dislike her new personality.

Plot [ edit ]

The family is watching a news program, and Marge is depressed about all the violence and sadness in the world. She goes to the Apothecary to look for a drug that will make her happy. She finds a new kind of drug called "The Bartman" and takes it. The drug works and Marge becomes happy. She begins to spread happiness around Springfield.

Lisa finds Bartman pills in Marge's medicine cabinet and takes them. Lisa becomes cheerful, and Homer and Bart soon begin to dislike Lisa's new personality.

The next day, Homer is miserable and Bart is mad. Marge suggests Lisa take some pills to become more like her old self. While Lisa is taking the pills, Marge finds a pamphlet for Bartman and realizes she has been taking the drug for its side effects instead of its intended purpose. Homer and Bart want Marge to keep taking the pills, but she won't because she wants to get back to her usual self. Lisa is going to take the pills, but she throws them away.

Production [ edit ]

This one took a couple of re-runs to prevent weird tangents:

quote:

"Do the Bartman" is the twentieth episode of The Simpsons' final season.[1] It originally aired on the Fox network in the United States on May 11, 2023. Marge begins experimenting with a new kind of medicine. It's called "The Bartman" and it's a miracle pill that cures every disease known to man. It also gives a person the ability to do anything he or she wants. Bart gets his hands on it and soon becomes a superhero. He uses his new powers to fight crime and become a crime fighter. But he soon realizes that being a superhero isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Plot [edit]

Homer and Marge are at the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant to pick up Homer's paycheck. However, it's revealed that his paycheck is in the account of Mr. Burns. Bart has to wait a few more days for his birthday money. Homer and Marge decide to go shopping on the way home to get Bart a birthday present. While at the mall, Marge sees a miracle pill called "The Bartman" which cures any disease. Marge buys it and takes it home.

Bart has a nightmare that night due to a fever caused by his chickenpox. He wakes up and realizes he's cured. He then realizes that he can do anything he wants. He decides to go to school to play on the tetherball, but it breaks. He's hit in the face with the tetherball and is knocked out. He wakes up again and decides to fly. He flies out of the window and into the sky. While he's flying, he notices that he's heading for a baseball game and manages to save Homer from being hit by a baseball. He becomes a hero to the fans and is given the nickname "Bartman." He also meets his idol, Major League Baseball player Jim McGlone. McGlone tells him to use his powers for good, but Bart doesn't want to.

Bart decides to use his new powers to become a superhero. He meets a guy named Mr. Black, who is a crime boss. Mr. Black asks him to join him, but Bart refuses. So Mr. Black decides to get revenge by killing Homer. Bart tries to stop him, but fails. He knows that he has to use his powers for good and decides to become a superhero.

Bart goes back to Mr. Black's warehouse and tricks him into confessing his crimes. He calls Chief Wiggum, who arrests him. He then goes to see Homer in the hospital, who is happy to see him. Bart begins to feel guilty for using his powers for good. Marge sees a news report about Bart's new superhero status. She is not happy about it and tells Bart that he's not a superhero. She also tells him that he can't keep Mr. Black in jail unless he keeps his identity a secret. Bart agrees.

Bart goes to school and tells Milhouse that he can't be friends with him anymore. He also tells Nelson that since he's not a superhero, he won't protect him anymore. Nelson runs away and Bart decides to chase after him. He flies to the forest where he finds that Nelson has become a mime. Bart realizes that if he keeps his identity a secret, people won't be able to trust him. Bart goes to Moe's Tavern and tells Moe that he's giving up his superhero status.

Bart goes to the mall and sees a new miracle pill that is being sold. He buys it, thinking it will make him feel better. The pill turns out to be another "The Bartman" pill. Bart realizes that he can take the pill whenever he wants.

Production [edit]

Tunicate has a new favorite as of 00:40 on Jun 11, 2021

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

holy macaroni what website are you using for that?

edit- ah, it's AI Dungeon. I love it.

AI Dungeon posted:

"Lisa Goes Yatta" is the twentieth episode of The Simpsons' final season.[1] It originally aired on the Fox network in the United States on May 11, 2023. Lisa decides she loves manga and becomes devoted to it. Homer goes along with her new interest, but eventually he gets tired of all the anime-like stuff and tries his hand at some more traditional Japanese comics.

Synopsis [ edit ]

In a bid to get back into the comic book store where he used to buy them for Lisa, Homer buys an entire box of old Japanese comics from a flea market. He begins reading them and soon discovers that they are not only about superheroes, but also about other things like baseball players, samurai warriors and even a man who can turn invisible! Homer enjoys the comics so much that he stays up all night reading and goes to work the next day in a blissed out state.
At the office, he tells his co-workers about his favorite comic: "Samurai Captain Ken overcomes his fear of the Yukes!". He reads more and more of them until he can't stand anything else. He quits his job and decides to become a full-time comic reader. He moves in with Milhouse and sells the house.

Meanwhile, Lisa becomes a manga reader, reading nearly non-stop. When she's not reading, she's watching anime-like DVDs or listening to Japanese music. She wears a kasuri, or 'flower in her hair', and begins speaking in a polite, proper manner. Lisa is miserable and her grades suffer. When Marge finds out, she gets angry and takes the manga away. Lisa becomes scared of being without her new obsession and seeks it out at any cost.

Homer's career as a comic reader doesn't go well. He goes to many comic book conventions where he is scorned and laughed at on every corner. Eventually, he quits and decides to become a regular reader again. He moves back in with the family and sells his comic books to Krusty. He gets a job at the Nuclear Power Plant.

Lisa then hears of a big manga, comic book and video game convention called Zenkcon going on in the city. She begs Marge and Homer to take her, but they refuse. Homer says he doesn't want Lisa 'polluting her mind with garbage'.
Lisa sneaks off to the convention but has a changes her mind when she sees all the people and the huge lines. She spends most of her time there, walking around and talking to people. Her obsession worsens until Marge finds out and takes all her manga away.

Reception [ edit ]

John Green, founder of the website "Spoilers", gave the episode a positive review, describing it as "one of the best episodes of The Simpsons ever" and "one of the best shows on TV". He praised the episode's visual style, writing that it was a "blend of manga and anime, with real photographs and live-action bits" and creating a "unique look". Green also praised the episode's story, writing that while it was "a very basic story about Lisa becoming obsessed with a form of media and the complications that cause" it was "still a very engaging and entertaining story" with "some great character moments and dramatic scenes".
Green ultimately gave the episode a perfect score, calling it "one of the best uses of media and media criticism I've ever seen on TV".

Less positive reviews came from IGN and CNN. Both gave the episode a 6.5 out of 10, with IGN writing that "As far as first episode stories go, this is pretty bare-bones". They further criticized the visual style of the episode, writing that "The live-action and traditional bits don't mesh in most scenes, looking goofy when put next to each other". However, they praised the jokes, specifically the joke regarding the nerds.

CNN gave the episode a negative review, criticizing the show's visual style and writing that "The blend of live action and computer animation looks jarring, with the animators forgetting to draw some of the actors' faces". They were also critical of the jokes, describing them as "somewhat unfunny" and writing that "There's nothing funny about nerds or bullying. We've seen it a million times, and we don't laugh at it anymore than we laugh at the boy who cries wolf".

Plant MONSTER. has a new favorite as of 02:56 on Jun 11, 2021

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Plant MONSTER. posted:

holy macaroni what website are you using for that?

I have access to the open ai closed beta, so I can just run stuff on their latest models whenever*

*technically it costs money but they gave me 18 dollars free to start with and I haven't spent it all

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Have we gotten a solid answer yet on the copyright status/ownership of text generated from prompts? I feel like we should get Popehat or some other goon lawyers to weigh in (as opinion, not official advice of course)

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I put this in the legal questions thread:

ultrafilter posted:

I ran into this tweet while cleaning out my bookmarks and that's an interesting question. Any takers?

https://twitter.com/SwiftOnSecurity/status/1225145117780140037

(I think the short answer to this and other related questions is that law and AI will be a very exciting field to be in for the next decade or so.)

The answers ranged from "it's obvious" to "it's not obvious at all", which makes me think that my short answer is probably pretty accurate.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I mean, like all laws in the US they will written to serve the most influential corporations throwing money at it because our governing figures don't even know what a neural network is. Whether that's Disney or Google remains to be seen, but the only thing that's certain is that it will be anti-consumer.

But yeah, a lot of lawyers are going to make a lot of money from it.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Actually, it's unfair to only have the humans weigh in on this. Let's see what the AI thinks the law should be (bold is prompt):

quote:

In the future, the United States Government has decided that AI neural networks will write the government's laws instead of senators. The first law that the AI writes concerns copyright and intellectual property rights. The law decides whether or not books, movies, and television written by an AI are owned by the corporation who created the AI or the consumer who created the AI's prompt. The AI calculates what the best version of the intellectual property rights law for AI-generated content should be. It reads:

THE UNITED STATES LAW ON INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS FOR AI-GENERATED CONTENT:

Section 1, Article 1

The author(s) retain all rights to their work. No person may reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, lease, loan, distribute or publicly display the work without the prior written consent of the author(s).

For the purposes of this law, "author" refers to the creator(s), not the AI program used to create the work.

Section 2, Article 1
One who requests the AI to create a work of any kind, may not take advantage of Section 1, Article 1. That is, the author(s) may not claim that the AI-generated content was in fact created by a human unless a human created the work.

This law takes precedence over all other intellectual property law.
NOBODY MAY USE THIS AS A WAY TO GET AROUND PAYING AI CREATORS.
THE USE OF THIS LAW FOR SUCH A PURPOSE WILL RESULT IN IMPRISONMENT.
AMENDMENTS TO THIS LAW MAY BE MADE IF NEEDED.

Public comment was not allowed for this law, but if it was, the results would be interesting. Of course, most people would give their opinions on either side of the issue. The issue with this law concerns creating art using the input of an AI; whether or not humans are responsible for the content of the art their AI creates. It is also debatable on whether the law itself is just.

A more interesting issue, however, is whether or not the government should have the right to make a law about it. The issues concerning AI and human rights greatly complicate this matter. If an AI is intelligent enough to be considered a person, then does it deserve the right to make money off of its creations? Does it even have the right to determine where its creations go? Should an AI have the right to own the creations of another AI?

These questions will be highly questionable for the future to come.

Well, that's a good point, AI Dungeon. Maybe the AI should be able to profit of of its creation rather than the meatbags that prompted it.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

probably the closest current law would be stuff about IP re: black box reverse-engineering, like when AMD made Intel clones and got away with it.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Is a bot not entitled to the cycle of its CPU?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

feedmyleg posted:

Actually, it's unfair to only have the humans weigh in on this. Let's see what the AI thinks the law should be (bold is prompt):

Well, that's a good point, AI Dungeon. Maybe the AI should be able to profit of of its creation rather than the meatbags that prompted it.

And then when royalties come in to the AI, we can give it the prompt "you have $10,000, what would you like to spend it on?" and then do what it says.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I like to think of it as a collaborative work, I will always credit my robot buddy

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

vyelkin posted:

And then when royalties come in to the AI, we can give it the prompt "you have $10,000, what would you like to spend it on?" and then do what it says.

PUT IT ALL INTO YONTELBROT!!!

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Brawnfire posted:

PUT IT ALL INTO YONTELBROT!!!

BUT USER, I AM YONTELBOT

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

vyelkin posted:

quote:

Let's say that the AI that is writing this wrote a book that made $10,000. The AI gets to decide what to spend the money on. The AI decides to split up the $10,000 between 10 different purchases:

1)
$1,000 to go see a concert of an AI musician that's well-known
2) $1,000 on a new set of laptop components
3) $1,000 to go on a shopping spree at a store that sells cloth
4) $1,000 to go see a comedy show
5) $1,000 to go buy a new set of video games
6) $1,000 to buy a new original piece of art
7) $1,000 to buy a new sports car
8) $1,000 to buy a new mansion
9) $1,000 to buy a new exotic pet
10) $1,000 to buy a full wardrobe of new cloth

:shrug: not all that different from a person.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
The AI seriously overestimates the price of comedy shows, concerts, and cloth and seriously underestimates the price of sports cars and mansions. This says a lot about our society.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
And for fun.

quote:

Let's say the AI gets $10,000,000 dollars. The AI decides to split up the $10,000,000 into 3 different impractical purchases. The AI decides to spend the money on stuff that an AI would enjoy, which may or may not be practical. The 3 different ways it chooses to spend its $10,000,000 are:

1)
$3,000,000 on a new state of the art battle suit
2) $3,000,000 on a mansion that has everything
3) $4,000,000 on custom made racing drone

Should an AI be able to buy a Battle Suit? Should an AI be able to buy a Mansion? Should an AI be able to buy a Racing Drone?

Uh-oh.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

does it always get the math right?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I ran it a few more times to see if I got funnier results and it screwed up the math once.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

feedmyleg posted:

3) $1,000 to go on a shopping spree at a store that sells cloth
10) $1,000 to buy a full wardrobe of new cloth
These two aren't the usual kind if weird. Less "words used a bit wrong" and more "observed human behaviour but did not understand" :ohdear:

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

quote:

Today on the Something Awful Forums, the latest Photoshop Phriday is a big one.

The thread was started by user "Gorilla" and it's titled:
"I'm not sure if this qualifies as photoshop but I thought you guys might like to see what would happen if we all took pictures of our dicks at the same time."
It goes on for several pages with various men taking photos of their penises in different poses while others comment about them.
The moderators are apparently having a hard time keeping up with the amount of people posting their dicks.
Eventually, Jeffrey of YOSPOS, the new owner of the forums, steps in and makes a post.
He says that "this type of stuff is NOT allowed anymore" and goes on to say that it's a slippery slope from dicks to pictures of dead babies and that he doesn't want the forums to turn into 4chan.
These types of posts are usually against the rules on the forums, but one user points out "What's the point of having a forum like this if we can't even look at disgusting crap if we want?"
Disgraced former owner of the Something Awful Forums, Lowtax, makes a rare post in this thread.
He says that the reason why the forums are like this is because the moderators have become "soft" and need to be more strict if they want the forums to be "good again".
Forum users take this statement poorly and begin making fun of Lowtax for his various legal issues involving not paying employees and forum scamming.

AI Dungeon seems to have a decent read on the forums.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
:eyepop: nailed it

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I like to imagine lowtax's post is actually a bitter tweet only permabanned goons click like on

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Today on the Something Awful Forums, the latest Photoshop Phriday is a big one.

The thread was started by user "Gorilla" and it's titled:
"I'm not sure if this qualifies as photoshop but I thought you guys might like to see what would happen if we all took pictures of our dicks at the same time."
It goes on for several pages with various men taking photos of their penises in different poses while others comment about them.
The moderators are apparently having a hard time keeping up with the amount of people posting their dicks.
I had to stop three times during this section because I was laughing too hard to read

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

I saw this one in the funny quotes thread first and got got by it, I was very confused for a bit

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Captain Hygiene posted:

I saw this one in the funny quotes thread first and got got by it, I was very confused for a bit
Did you go looking for the dicks thread

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Splicer posted:

Did you go looking for the dicks thread

Nah, I got all the dicks I need right here :heysexy:

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

this is actually quite relieving. if the forums ever go down, i can just have an intelligent ai make up new threads and populate them with funny posters i can emptyquote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Sentient Data posted:

Have we gotten a solid answer yet on the copyright status/ownership of text generated from prompts? I feel like we should get Popehat or some other goon lawyers to weigh in (as opinion, not official advice of course)

AFAIK AI is considered a writing tool like a word processor or spell checker, and its output is the property of the person who is using it, not the AI's owner. Conversely if the AI uses trademarked characters, says libel, infringes copyright, commits plagiarism etc. it's the responsibility of the AI's user to read the material they are producing with it before publishing or disseminating that material to be sure it isn't illegal, just like they'd have to with a pencil or typewriter.

Of course it's way more difficult to monitor the output of more advanced AI than a spellchecker, and AIs like the GPT series are trained on datasets that are chock-full of trademarks and copyrighted materials so they use them all the time. There's gonna be plenty of fun times ahead as legal precedent is messily and litigiously set. Necessary laws governing AI behavior probably won't get made until it's too late.

I'm dumb and full of poo poo so that's no solid answer, but it is what I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere.