Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

KomradeX posted:

Isn't literally any suggestion more plausible than nothing?

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

His Purple Majesty posted:

Remember when ACORN was destroyed by a notorious liar and conman and the Democrats did nothing to stop it? Good times.

Democrats didn't do nothing to stop it they did the destroying themselves

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.
then o'keefe went on to do poo poo like bug a member of the intel committee and nothing at all happened to him because he was nazi adjacent

~rule of law~

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://arstechnica.com/science/2021/06/biggest-health-insurer-plans-to-deny-er-bills-if-it-doubts-you-had-an-emergency

Biggest health insurer plans to deny ER bills if it doubts you had an emergency

UnitedHealthcare delayed the policy's rollout, but experts worry about chilling effect.

quote:

Doctors and hospitals are condemning plans by UnitedHealthcare—the country’s largest health insurance company—to retroactively deny emergency medical care coverage to members if UHC decides the reason for the emergency medical care wasn’t actually an emergency.

In the future, if one of UHC's 70 million members submits a claim for an emergency department visit, UHC will carefully review what health problems led to the visit, the “intensity of diagnostic services performed” at the emergency department (ED), and some context for the visit, like the member’s underlying health conditions and outside circumstances. If UHC decides the medical situation didn’t constitute an emergency, it will provide “no coverage or limited coverage,” depending on the member’s specific insurance plan.

Emergency medical doctors and hospitals were quick to rebuke the plan. They say it sets a dangerous precedent of requiring patients to assess their own medical problems before seeking emergency care, which could end up delaying or preventing critical and even lifesaving treatment.

The policy was initially set to take effect July 1. But in an email to Ars Thursday, UHC now says it is delaying the rollout amid the criticism—at least until the end of the pandemic.

“Based on feedback from our provider partners and discussions with medical societies, we have decided to delay the implementation of our emergency department policy until at least the end of the national public health emergency period,” a UHC representative told Ars in an email. “We will use this time to continue to educate consumers, customers, and providers on the new policy and help ensure that people visit an appropriate site of service for non-emergency care needs.”

quote:

quote:

Unnecessary use of the emergency room costs nearly $32 billion annually, driving up healthcare costs for everyone. We are taking steps to make care more affordable, encouraging people who do not have a healthcare emergency to seek treatment in a more appropriate setting, such as an urgent care center.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Phone posted:

https://arstechnica.com/science/2021/06/biggest-health-insurer-plans-to-deny-er-bills-if-it-doubts-you-had-an-emergency

Biggest health insurer plans to deny ER bills if it doubts you had an emergency

UnitedHealthcare delayed the policy's rollout, but experts worry about chilling effect.

When I had appendicitis I went to urgent care first and they were like "what the gently caress are you doing here you need to go to a hospital right now" and then I did and had an emergency appendectomy

I got billed for the urgent care telling me to go to an ER

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Wow even though they changed this policy healthcare coverage and fees didn't change at all! drat that's so weird must be something else eating a ton of money

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

Wow even though they changed this policy healthcare coverage and fees didn't change at all! drat that's so weird must be something else eating a ton of money

Don't worry the savings will trickle down in the form of more jobs or something

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Lol ED doctors would be absolutely demolished by retroactive denial of reimbursement for poo poo that isn't an emergency. They already can't do a clinical assessment until at least 2 cts, and mri, and an ultrasound have been done.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
of all the people to try the Warren PLANS thing, terry might be one of the funniest

https://twitter.com/TerryMcAuliffe/status/1403354567140646912

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ryan Grim is OK and he's right here but there really is nothing worse than a TV show where they sit you down next to some peabrain chud to give "both sides". Rising and The Hill are bad even if right things are said on it from time to time.

Joementum posted:

of all the people to try the Warren PLANS thing, terry might be one of the funniest

https://twitter.com/TerryMcAuliffe/status/1403354567140646912

D voters in VA seem to want this? I hope he loses to the chud candidate.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

If every show is Ryan spitting truths at Ms. Chud for 8 minutes straight, I'd tune in every time.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Cpt_Obvious posted:

If every show is Ryan spitting truths at Ms. Chud for 8 minutes straight, I'd tune in every time.

id tune in occasionally

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
the Federalist lady isn't nearly as stacked as Krystal "stomp my" Ball, I expect viewership to take a dip with these hosts

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title
Free Krystal Ball

Free Donald Trump

Free Matey

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Joementum posted:

to be fair: that's a more plausible solution than what biden is doing

his problem is it came from the wrong person, he shoulda got a rich science guy to pitch the idea instead

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1403187718184706049

OK the "ryan redpill's chud lady show" might be better than I had originally thought .

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://twitter.com/JHWeissmann/status/1403188934251880448?s=20

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
lmao Ryan grim is hosting a television show now

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
im dyin' squirtle

https://twitter.com/Shork_Week/status/1403364798562136065?s=20

incase it gets nuked

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Did Mr. Burns get on his case about his sideburns

what is that cut

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i too hate abbreviations in contexts where its not immediately obvious whats being discussed and theres plenty of space but this really isnt the place to pick that particular fight

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

pretty gross to mansplain history to a woman like that

do better ryan

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The amount of white washing the US gets in public schools is always shocking to me. I blame Texas as that’s where all of the public school textbooks come from.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

the Federalist lady isn't nearly as stacked as Krystal "stomp my" Ball, I expect viewership to take a dip with these hosts

this Smytheposting is getting out of hand

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Hell I went to a military academy for high school and even we were taught that it was a group effort but the USSR basically defeated the nazis. The explanation given was that the US entering the war forced Nazi Germany to split their attention to two fronts, which weakened the Nazis enough for the Soviets to come steamroll through.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

tbh the whole Rising 2.0 thing has a Her Opponent vibe to it

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
one small step for man, one giant push for mankind

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

someone remind me what pua benefits are thats a really bad one because it's totally unsearchable

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Some Guy TT posted:

i too hate abbreviations in contexts where its not immediately obvious whats being discussed and theres plenty of space but this really isnt the place to pick that particular fight

Maybe some of us would like to know what powers Black Lives Matter has to change the orbit of the Earth?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Excelzior posted:

tbh the whole Rising 2.0 thing has a Her Opponent vibe to it

it's definitely a different dynamic - 1.0 was Sagat laundering his right-wing poo poo through the pro-Bernie lady

this one has yet to really hit its stride, but if they keep up with this "extremely stupid republican gets dunked by deadpan nerdlinger" it might have more of these moments

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I see nothing wrong with this image

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

DoomTrainPhD posted:

The amount of white washing the US gets in public schools is always shocking to me. I blame Texas as that’s where all of the public school textbooks come from.

In hindsight, I really should have appreciated my high school US history teacher more because he said stuff like how it was very likely that Reagan was responsible for the hostages in the Iran Hostage Crisis being released shortly after he was sworn in instead of sometime before the election.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

it's definitely a different dynamic - 1.0 was Sagat laundering his right-wing poo poo through the pro-Bernie lady

this one has yet to really hit its stride, but if they keep up with this "extremely stupid republican gets dunked by deadpan nerdlinger" it might have more of these moments

Saagar pulling a Tiger Uppercut on Krystal probably wouldn't have gotten past the board

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1403187718184706049

OK the "ryan redpill's chud lady show" might be better than I had originally thought .

But we all know he's eventually going to host a segment explaning why Mayor Pete's plans to fit everyone in the US with radio tracking collars is the only rational way to tax americans for sidewalk maintenance.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

DoomTrainPhD posted:

it's quite impressive, ngl

i had a rather good public school education when it came to history, and specifically american history, like i had an elective that was just about the vietnam war and my high school US history class used a people's history of the united states as the main textbook.

i've only recently been able to wrap my head around how the transfer of empire between england and america happened, like the actual details of what that means and the mechanisms on how it happened

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Some Guy TT posted:

someone remind me what pua benefits are thats a really bad one because it's totally unsearchable

The extra weekly money, extending the time benefits are available for/for people who have already exhausted their claim, extending it to gig workers

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Some Guy TT posted:

pandemic unemployment assistance

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

pandemic unemployment assistance

negging my poz bank account

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The second the republicans take over the house in 2023 Ilhan is getting kicked off all her committees and probably half the democrats are going to vote for it too.