Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Am I going to regret asking 'What Warren Ellis baggage' ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

This woman has clearly eaten. My immersion is ruined.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Molested women at cons from what I've read.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

She did?? Why are we watching her tiktoks???

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

By popular demand posted:

Am I going to regret asking 'What Warren Ellis baggage' ?

Yes.

https://www.somanyofus.com/

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
I was going to go off on a tangent about sociolinguistics and biases and American English regional phonology/phonotactics but then my browser failed and I took that as a sign to shut the gently caress up.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Busket Posket posted:

I was going to go off on a tangent about sociolinguistics and biases and American English regional phonology/phonotactics but then my browser failed and I took that as a sign to shut the gently caress up.

Did you ever contact my friend? They finished their dissertation "A Culturally Therapeutic Model for Exiting Supremacism" and probably has time to talk now lol

Edit: this should have been a PM lol oops.

Edit 2: fixed the pronouns

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:psyboom:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

:black101:

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Sorry. :(

I have like half a shelf worth of his stuff and ugh.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Busket Posket posted:

American death metal guys are the most chilled dudes imaginable and George's gigantic neck and brutal voice belie the fact that he would be right at home here in the WoW forum:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Doesn't Corpsegrinder give away those toys he wins at claw machines?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

DOODILY DING DONG TICK TOCK
DOODILY DING DONG TICK TOCK
DETHKLOK DETHKLOK

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Oh hey it's the guy who screamed homophobic slurs at Blizzcon

gently caress that guy

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Desert Bus posted:

Sorry. :(

I have like half a shelf worth of his stuff and ugh.

Same, he was probably my overall favorite comic guy, Nextwave was incredible.

My favorite comedian growing up was Bill Cosby. Had all his sets on tape, family listened to them nonstop on long car rides.

I think maybe I should just stop liking things.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

One More Fat Nerd posted:

My favorite comedian growing up was Bill Cosby. Had all his sets on tape, family listened to them nonstop on long car rides.

I have a hard time with "Death of the Author" type stuff and I know if I try to re-read his novels or Transmetropolitan i'm just going to be seeing a lot of stuff in a different light. Nextwave was incredible but I am scared to go back and re-read it.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Screaming Idiot posted:

Oh hey it's the guy who screamed homophobic slurs at Blizzcon

gently caress that guy

Oh goddammit! What happened?

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Radio Paranoia posted:

Oh goddammit! What happened?

https://youtu.be/U2yvZM1wn04

At least one of those bleeps is a hard homophobic slur, only they weren't censored during that Blizzcon performance. There was a tiny bit of backlash over it.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Death of the author and all that. While I really dig Lovecraft's writing it doesn't mean that I don't acknowledge that he was insanely racist, even for his time. Her was so racist the other racist authors he hung out with thought he was loopy.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Clitch posted:

https://youtu.be/U2yvZM1wn04

At least one of those bleeps is a hard homophobic slur, only they weren't censored during that Blizzcon performance. There was a tiny bit of backlash over it.

You're 100% right there's definitely a very bad bleep in there that you can't reconcile with average profanity. That's really disappointing but unsurprising given the context :sigh:

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Lodin posted:

Death of the author and all that. While I really dig Lovecraft's writing it doesn't mean that I don't acknowledge that he was insanely racist, even for his time. Her was so racist the other racist authors he hung out with thought he was loopy.

I would very much like to agree with you but Lovecraft died a million years ago and gets zero money if you buy a lovecraft book, but winner of the not-particularly-coveted "worlds funniest serial rapist" award, William Henry Cosby, is still alive and potentially benefits in some way if I buy an mp3 of him talking about Fat Alberts car that had a cessna engine.

The benefit to the living bad person complicates things, and also makes me sad when I try to enjoy their work.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The family friendly and wholesome image of the lead singer of the band Cannibal Corpse is completely shattered for me now.

BlancoNino
Apr 26, 2010
Requesting the comic of a goon in the bottom of a well digging down instead of accepting help, my google-fu is weak

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

You don't mean the goon in the well?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2189

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

I would very much like to agree with you but Lovecraft died a million years ago and gets zero money if you buy a lovecraft book, but winner of the not-particularly-coveted "worlds funniest serial rapist" award, William Henry Cosby, is still alive and potentially benefits in some way if I buy an mp3 of him talking about Fat Alberts car that had a cessna engine.

The benefit to the living bad person complicates things, and also makes me sad when I try to enjoy their work.

That's obviously a good point. If I ever wanted to read something recent from someone terrible like Ellis I would certainly pirate it.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Death of the author is much less complicated after the death of the author.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

HPanda posted:

Death of the author is much less complicated after the death of the author.

I suggest a new paradigm: "Death TO The Author"

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The obvious thing to do is to kill your favorite artists before they milkshake duck themselves.

BlancoNino
Apr 26, 2010

Yes, but there was a stick figure kinda comic that summed it up

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
If you meet the Buddha on the road, ice that motherfucker

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Phy posted:

If you meet the Buddha on the road, ice that motherfucker

shouldnt take the middle way when theres a sidewalk

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Android Apocalypse posted:

The obvious thing to do is to kill your favorite artists before they milkshake duck themselves.

This is definitely a future law and order episode.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

are they continuing the original then because the final season ends with dracula and his wife going to live in ireland because the sun rarely shines. near a monk convenant but they also hinted that it would follow belmont and ciphers child and i guess france isnt to far

snergle has a new favorite as of 23:22 on Jun 11, 2021

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
It would be pretty amusing if we see a whole bunch more jokers trying to resurrect Drac and they don't understand why it keeps failing...

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

snergle posted:

are they continuing the original then because the final season ends with dracula and his wife going to live in ireland because the sun rarely shines. near a monk convenant but they also hinted that it would follow belmont and ciphers child and i guess france isnt to far

I haven't played any Draculas. What's this an allusion to?

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
From time to time Drac's castle will pop up in some random spot and someone, most often a Belmont (pretty much Van Helsings) will have to stop him. That's it, that's the plot to Castlevania.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Can anyone identify the music in this one?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lodin posted:

From time to time Drac's castle will pop up in some random spot and someone, most often a Belmont (pretty much Van Helsings) will have to stop him. That's it, that's the plot to Castlevania.

Sometimes I look at a post and go "ok wait wtf thread am I in"

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Lodin posted:

There's also backwards Dracula engaging in surprise butt stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Lodin posted:

?