Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The heist ep was was wonderful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
If you like Robot Chicken, you'll like MODOK. If you hate Robot Chicken you'll hate MODOK. If you're in between it's a toss up.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Medullah posted:

If you like Robot Chicken, you'll like MODOK. If you hate Robot Chicken you'll hate MODOK. If you're in between it's a toss up.

I think robot chicken is fine and found MODOK boring. Other than the medium, there's also not really any similarities between the two shows.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I dont like Robot Chicken and it took me an ep or 2 before they got out of mimicking that show. And then it becamr legit good. Or at least funny/interesting

E: its rhe characterization that worked for me, and the fact that there is a sentimental core in the middle of all the zaniness

And also love the mundane observational humor about super hero living, which i guess is a robot chicken thing? Sort of?

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Sgt. Rock posted:

Oh jeez, I hope the Sandman Netflix series is good.

Yeah boyeee let's bring back the puppet avatars

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Scaramouche posted:

Yeah boyeee let's bring back the puppet avatars

gently caress that, IDENTITY CRISIS AVATARS

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

gently caress that, IDENTITY CRISIS AVATARS

I liked when everyone was hard hat Spider-Man.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I’m still waiting for Nick Fury to be revealed a Skrull in Secret Invasion, and now I’ve waited so long there’s a chance it can happen on TV!

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Sanschel posted:

I’m still waiting for Nick Fury to be revealed a Skrull in Secret Invasion, and now I’ve waited so long there’s a chance it can happen on TV!

...have you watched Spider-Man: Far From Home?

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?
Today I discovered that Natalie Holt, the composer for Loki, is the woman who threw eggs at Simon Cowell on Britain’s Got Talent a few years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UD0NIOsI8s&t=109s

SaintFu fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jun 12, 2021

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Klungar posted:

...have you watched Spider-Man: Far From Home?

Ok so I think I may have legitimate brain issues

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Sanschel posted:

Ok so I think I may have legitimate brain issues

Or maybe it’s the Skrull who’s impersonating you that has brain issues, makes you think

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Klungar posted:

Or maybe it’s the Skrull who’s impersonating you that has brain issues, makes you think

It's a Skrull impersonating the Skrull impersonating Nick Fury

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Everybody wants to be Nick Fury but no one wants to put in the work.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Loki was good

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I can't see Jamil doing the same kind of body transformation, she's been pretty vocal about body positivity. Her getting a Buff Marvel Makeover would be extremely out of character. I figure they're just going to make her Super Strong with no overt muscularity.
Yeah, let's maybe not put the lady who's been extremely vocal about her eating disorder issues through the Marvel "gently caress you, get swole" body torture routine, shall we? That would actually be great.

ilikedirt posted:

People are enjoying modok? It was really difficult for me to find anything to enjoy about this show

Vince MechMahon posted:

I laughed once in the first episode and didn't go back.
The first episode of MODOK is really dire, yeah. It's extremely trite and predictable and it sucked. But then the show actually figures out what it's doing and finds a lane that isn't "generic unfunny sitcom but with guy with a big head" and from there it just keeps getting increasingly self-confident and unafraid to go weird, big, and unexpected, and every time it does it gets funnier. Stick with it through at least the Mad Scientist Fight.

Ending's more than a little abrupt, though, and really at odds with the rest of the show.

Dr.D-O
Jan 3, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
What do y'all think of Sweet Tooth?

I've watched the first two episodes and it's better than I expected if a bit saccharine at times. Sort of like maple syrup.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I do not expect I will watch it unless I hear some really rave reviews. It just looks way too twee for me to care about, from what the trailers showed me.

It's probably just a me thing, but I really just don't care what kids are doing on tv shows 98% of the time. I loved Avatar, but it was well written, and portrayed kids in a believable manner. I feel like a lot of shows use kids as levers for constantly doing dumb or cutesy bullshit irrespective of what a kid would actually be like. Adults are bad at remembering what kid brains are actually like.

SlimGoodbody fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jun 12, 2021

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I got bored halfway through the first episode. I never read the comics either, though.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Arist posted:

If you had a Twitter there was a day where a good 70% of your feed was nothing but riffs on the same photo of Kumail looking like his bones were about to explode out of his face

He actually did an interesting article about that, along the lines of "Twitter and my wife are very happy about my transformation, but I want to make it clear that results like this are only possible because the Disney Company poured hundreds of thousands of dollars into my body and aren't reasonable expectations for anybody else."

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Nothing to it, really

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Retro Futurist posted:

Nothing to it, really

My favorite part of this is that he *also* got a trainer (one of the Eagles' staff) to get fat, since you can't just eat a bunch of food, you have to eat the right food and also do bulking exercise.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Endless Mike posted:

My favorite part of this is that he *also* got a trainer (one of the Eagles' staff) to get fat, since you can't just eat a bunch of food, you have to eat the right food and also do bulking exercise.

My favorite part is that he mentioned his wife (sweet Dee from the show) liked it better when he was fat because he was in a much better mood.

Dr.D-O
Jan 3, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

SlimGoodbody posted:

I do not expect I will watch it unless I hear some really rave reviews.

Not to come to the show's defense (I don't care if you watch it, you do you), but it does have overwhelmingly positive reviews.

Also, it gets very dark very quickly. I would not describe it as twee and it is definitely not family/child friendly,

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Dr.D-O posted:

Not to come to the show's defense (I don't care if you watch it, you do you), but it does have overwhelmingly positive reviews.

Also, it gets very dark very quickly. I would not describe it as twee and it is definitely not family/child friendly,

Thanks, that actually piques my curiosity. I'll give it a couple episodes.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

https://twitter.com/JoeOtterson/status/1404495349520244736

Batman's too cool to go down on his ladies I guess.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

RevKrule posted:

I feel like this answers a lot of questions about why DC is like DC without being directly related to any of them.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RevKrule posted:

Lmao

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Batman was a virgin till Talia mind controlled him, he is a sweet and pure, innocent baby boy!

It's a paradox, is Batman cool or not?

Because Dick Grayson definitely goes down and if Dick Grayson is cooler than Batman then I don't even know what's up anymore.
Unless they want Batman to be Asexual(which is fine, would kinda make sense even) there's just no excuse for this type of character assassination.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I just can't imagine Catwoman putting up with dating anyone who doesn't lick pussy.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Abstinence is cool tho

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Skwirl posted:

I just can't imagine Catwoman putting up with dating anyone who doesn't lick pussy.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

She wouldn't date anyone that didn't like the taste of fish.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i like the implication that dc is fine with kids watching harley with the absurd amounts of profanity and violence and assume kids buy toys of those characters because they watched the show, but batman eating out catwoman will cause kids to freak out

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

drat. Bout to be Batman's Self Service if he keeps that up.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

site posted:

i like the implication that dc is fine with kids watching harley with the absurd amounts of profanity and violence and assume kids buy toys of those characters because they watched the show, but batman eating out catwoman will cause kids to freak out

It just raises so many questions for me about that show I haven't seen.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

It just raises so many questions for me about that show I haven't seen.

It's not a kids show, but I'm sure a poo poo ton of kids watch it.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Batman was a virgin till Talia mind controlled him, he is a sweet and pure, innocent baby boy!

It's a paradox, is Batman cool or not?

Because Dick Grayson definitely goes down and if Dick Grayson is cooler than Batman then I don't even know what's up anymore.
Unless they want Batman to be Asexual(which is fine, would kinda make sense even) there's just no excuse for this type of character assassination.

Dick Grayson is Batman, though (in my heart, he never stopped).

Dunno how they let the whole Killing Joke prologue through, given their prudishness.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Dexo posted:

Abstinence is cool tho

:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Twitter is just going hog wild with "but Killing Joke and that wasn't even canon!" And I'm thinking yeah it was at least DCAU canon. Watch Beyond and old Babs drops that she dated and dumped Bruce a long time ago in her like second appearance.