Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Reality Protester posted:

the first bad Cell match I can remember was when, through a series of poor decisions, they ended up with CM Punk vs. Ryback. Ryback had a goldbergesque winning streak and Punk was in the middle of a 400+ day title reign, so neither could lose. so they debuted an as of yet unknown heel referee, Brad Maddox, and stunk the place out with a gently caress finish.

It’s true, HHH vs HBK Hell in a Cell is a masterpiece

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I get that people really like Rey Mysterio but the dude has never been treated like an actual threat to win a major title in WWE and I don't understand how Roman killing both him and Dominick after tanking multiple kendo stick sneak attacks is supposed to make me think Rey stands a ghost of a chance in a HiaC match against Roman.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Maybe next week the go home show before Hell in a cell they let Rey look strong!
Gotta watch to find out

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

is roman ever going to get his beard lined up

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Jesus Christ they really have reverted back to Diva's era women's booking huh.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I liked Cesaro using the door and somehow Bayley and Seth not seeing him walk to the ring. That's fun wrestling logic.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

coconono posted:

is roman ever going to get his beard lined up

he should get implants like drew

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/_denisesalcedo/status/1403526580022829061

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
The Thunderdome Era was the perfect reason to just end the brand split for the women and combine both rosters for Raw and Smackdown. They’re not selling tickets. There is no reason that certain people need to be tied to one show.

Oh well…

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Astro7x posted:

WWE is loving crazy.... I just saw that Raw is coming to Chicago. and checked out the prices out of curiosity.

They want $265 per ticket for Raw for the same seat I paid $113 for NXT Takeover Chicago, which is that lower row of the bowl where you are center/level with the ring. I also paid $102.98 for a Road to Wrestlemania Raw in 2017, and $242 for the combo price of both NXT Takeover Chicago 2 and Money in the Bank.

For comparison... I paid $113 for a similar seat to AEW Revolution 2020.

I feel sorry for whoever pays $265 per ticket for a 2021 era Raw. More than twice as much as the price 4 years ago

SmackDown in Tampa on Aug 6 has $75 floor seats, so I have no idea what they hell they're doing in Chicago.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Liv had Rue (her nickname for Ruby) on a black band on her leg

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Chris James 2 posted:

Liv had Rue (her nickname for Ruby) on a black band on her leg

well that's another two months added onto her contract right there

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hey, you know what would have been way better than JBL's title run? Putting the belt on your beloved main eventer who'd just come back with a revised version of a classic gimmick and has the presence and persona to carry all sorts of bullshit feuds against total randoms and hey, you've got this young up and coming guy who's catching fire with crowds who you're really high on so build him up enough to have him take that gold. So yeah, instead of JBL just park the belt on Undertaker until you're ready to put Cena over. That would have been way better than wasting everyone's time with poo poo like Taker almost legit killing Paul Bearer and Cena getting stabbed in nightclubs

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

skaboomizzy posted:

SmackDown in Tampa on Aug 6 has $75 floor seats, so I have no idea what they hell they're doing in Chicago.

Fans outside of Florida are a little more starved for wrestling

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
lol I just turned on the DVR recording for smackdown because... I dunno

I just realized how ridiculous it is for Roman Reigns to have a highlights reel music video produced just so he can watch it with his cousin to yell at him

edit: :lol: they keep finding more ridiculous places to show roman lounging around watching a screen

edit 2: :lmao: Big E and KO tag team?? Why the gently caress did they take Big E out of New Day if they're gonna do this?!

Kunabomber fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jun 12, 2021

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I've said this after Raws before, but since we're talking about breaking points - WWE is so bad these days I can't even make it through the streamables that are posted. It's just painful to watch.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Kunabomber posted:

lol I just turned on the DVR recording for smackdown because... I dunno

I just realized how ridiculous it is for Roman Reigns to have a highlights reel music video produced just so he can watch it with his cousin to yell at him

edit: :lol: they keep finding more ridiculous places to show roman lounging around watching a screen

edit 2: :lmao: Big E and KO tag team?? Why the gently caress did they take Big E out of New Day if they're gonna do this?!

No, you see, Big E and Black started a feud that they apparently had no plan for other than "you two are in a feud now" and then they released Black and now they have no plan, not that they ever do.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

BrigadierSensible posted:

Yeah he was a jobber, but he was a new face, something different, and a breath of fresh wind in the always stale WWE title scene.
Funny troll. Wwe would totally use the phrase “breath of fresh wind” in a promo.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rarity posted:

Hey, you know what would have been way better than JBL's title run? Putting the belt on your beloved main eventer who'd just come back with a revised version of a classic gimmick and has the presence and persona to carry all sorts of bullshit feuds against total randoms and hey, you've got this young up and coming guy who's catching fire with crowds who you're really high on so build him up enough to have him take that gold. So yeah, instead of JBL just park the belt on Undertaker until you're ready to put Cena over. That would have been way better than wasting everyone's time with poo poo like Taker almost legit killing Paul Bearer and Cena getting stabbed in nightclubs

The streak never becomes a thing in this timeline.

(which, just to be clear, is a good thing)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Kunabomber posted:

Vince was calling the New Day's bluff that if they were split up, they'd all retire. They didn't retire.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
Nothing's going to make me watch Smackdown, but every clip I've seen of rear end in a top hat, track suit Roman Reigns is infinitely more fun to watch.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Reality Protester posted:

the first bad Cell match I can remember was when, through a series of poor decisions, they ended up with CM Punk vs. Ryback. Ryback had a goldbergesque winning streak and Punk was in the middle of a 400+ day title reign, so neither could lose. so they debuted an as of yet unknown heel referee, Brad Maddox, and stunk the place out with a gently caress finish.
Wasn't this the same match where The Shield made their debut?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Wasn't this the same match where The Shield made their debut?

No that was Survivor Series

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Liquid Communism posted:

This one just boggled the hell out of me, pure Vince brain. Of course guy who made his whole career on being a schlubby looking everyman who could talk the birds down out of the trees, who got over wearing polkadot briefs and doing a dancing fat man gimmick, is going to be charismatic if you give him a mic.

My memory is sketchy on this but I don't think it was just Dusty being good on the mic. Stephanie tried to get her mug in the middle of HHH and Dusty facing off and Dusty gave her a talk to the hand. Which he should have.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

TheKingslayer posted:

My memory is sketchy on this but I don't think it was just Dusty being good on the mic. Stephanie tried to get her mug in the middle of HHH and Dusty facing off and Dusty gave her a talk to the hand. Which he should have.

Yup, and it resulted in a great looking segment where Stephanie didn't get to poo poo on the faces and make them look like chumps. https://youtu.be/EpmPBMN-CJE

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Lamuella posted:

Yup, and it resulted in a great looking segment where Stephanie didn't get to poo poo on the faces and make them look like chumps. https://youtu.be/EpmPBMN-CJE

gently caress. I was at this show on the hard camera side and couldn't see Dusty's hand. I never realized they were the same event.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MJeff posted:

The streak never becomes a thing in this timeline.

(which, just to be clear, is a good thing)

Giant Gonzalez should have ended the streak.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Dusty going off script and being cooler than The McMahons is like a microcosm of everything WWE has done since the end of WCW.

Old guys are the stars, only one in the ring under 40 does nothing of importance, something organic and cool happens and The McMahons immediately step in to squash it and remind everyone that they're in charge. The fact that they now talk about it as if they thought it was funny and that they weren't absolutely fuming that Dusty didn't feel beholden to them is just the icing on the cake.

And JBL sucked. He's always sucked. He's an awful oval office in real life and in wrestling. There was nothing good about his title reign and Smackdown had a roster where almost anyone would have been a better champion and not been the worst draw since Diesel.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

xbilkis posted:

Seeing this become Bayley's main thing made me think of this Matt Hardy interview

I kinda get the feeling that because the slow motion Miz rolling down the ramp was funny, they're going to repeat it on Raw and run that into the ground as well.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Lamuella posted:

I had only ever heard about this segment and it’s hilarious how loving pissed Hunter and Stephanie get.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
He was never allowed a live mic again after this right?

Guilty of getting himself over.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Lamuella posted:

stephanie's delivery here is like one of the robots in westworld

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

JUNGLE BOY posted:

stephanie's delivery here is like one of the robots in westworld

Hey - that is totally mean and uncalled for sir. If you watched Westworld you should know Robots have feelings. They also have a more natural cadence.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

We Got Us A Bread posted:

No, you see, Big E and Black started a feud that they apparently had no plan for other than "you two are in a feud now" and then they released Black and now they have no plan, not that they ever do.

The truly insane thing is that this is Big E getting a real, legitimate WWE push.

bartok
May 10, 2006

What's great was having Stephanie emasculate all the top faces and knowing she could never get proper comeuppance. The best you would get is HHH accidentally knocking Steph off the apron during his one match a year.

I stopped watching because of the KSA shows. I had hope they would cancel that second show given the Khasoggi murder but when that didn't happen I decided I was done forever. What's hilarious is when I went to cancel the network after that first KSA show they had very obviously removed the option to give feedback on why you cancelled.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

bartok posted:

I stopped watching because of the KSA shows. I had hope they would cancel that second show given the Khasoggi murder but when that didn't happen I decided I was done forever. What's hilarious is when I went to cancel the network after that first KSA show they had very obviously removed the option to give feedback on why you cancelled.

This is the same exact experience we had right down to not being able to leave feedback when we canceled.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

SD https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-results/wwe-smackdown-live-results-hell-cell-build-continues-343796

Rey calls out Reigns, and challenges him at Hell in a Cell inside the HIAC. Rey attacks Reigns with a kendo stick, but it just makes Reigns mad. Reigns prepares to spear Rey but gets kendo stick'd by Dominik. Reigns powerbombs Dominik from inside the ring to the outside. Rey tries to check on Dominik but gets beat up more. Officials check on Dominik as the show ends

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1403582043372593156?s=09

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

bartok posted:

What's great was having Stephanie emasculate all the top faces and knowing she could never get proper comeuppance. The best you would get is HHH accidentally knocking Steph off the apron during his one match a year.

Same. I was rarely watching anymore up to that point but KSA shows made me actively go "gently caress this company!"

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Shrimpy posted:

Nothing's going to make me watch Smackdown, but every clip I've seen of Rick . . . BOOGS [that's B-O-O-G-S] is infinitely more fun to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

yeah that first KSA show was like "hah hah, look at how far Vince will go to debase himself, his company, and his staff in the name of money and recognition! they got a fake Yokozuna!" but the second one was like "uh oh, look at how far Vince will go to debase himself, his company, and his staff in the etc etc"

if he can't convince John Cena to show up what hope does he have convincing me to watch