Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Rarity posted:

HM: The Acclaimed vs. Alex Reynolds/Alan Angels, AEW Dark Elevation, 07/06

I lolled at the Eddie spot

2nd, this was very fun and it makes me happy that all these good boys are over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

Nth, enjoyed this.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony
Dominion, June 7th 2021

Sadly something came up and only was able to see the first and last few minutes of Cobb vs Ibushi.

HM:
Naito, SANADA & BUSHI) vs Dangerous Tekkers & DOUKI
Desperado vs Yoh

I really enjoyed the tag, especially the ending. Naito and Sanada vs Tekkers is going to be awesome.

MOTYC:
Shingo Vs Okada

Great match and the finish blew my mind. Okada put him over STRONG. This was like when Foley got the belt 23 years or so for the first time, someone who deserved it and by rights should have it but didn't think would ever get it. Difference was that we all knew Foley won a week before the broadcast but in this match right up until that three count I thought for sure Okada was going to kick out and eventually mount a comeback.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sooper Gila posted:

I really enjoyed the tag, especially the ending

It wasn't enough for an HM but the ending to that tag match was rad as hell

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

:yeah:

Rarity posted:

It wasn't enough for an HM but the ending to that tag match was rad as hell

Look, if an actually good match involving BUSHI doesn't rate a HM, then what does really?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Not involving BUSHI would be a good start :thunkher:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Think of it as a handicap.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

It's going to take me 3 more sittings to watch this show but for how I have my first vote from thus show

HM
6th June
Cyberfight Festival
DDT (Danshoku Dieno & Super Sasadango Machine) vs Sugiuragun (Kazushi Sakuraba & Takashi Sugiura)

This is relentlessly stupid and I giggled throughout

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Dark 6/8:

HM: Dante Martin vs. Matt Sydal

This is a borderline MOTYC. Just some really fantastic stuff.

Timestamp

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark 6/8:

Timestamp

nth

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: Kota Ibushi vs Jeff Cobb NJPW Dominion 07.06

Match started with a Murder, then transitioned into a second Murder only to end with a good big helping of Murder.

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs Shingo Takagi NJPW Dominion 07.06

A war, pure and simple and beautiful. This is pro loving wrestling.

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark 6/8:

Timestamp

nth on these

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Matt Sydal vs. Dante Martin, AEW Dark, 08/06

Dante Martin is loving ridiculous

HM: Jurassic Express vs. SCU, Dr. Baker's Outlaw Mudshow, ??/??

:3:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark 6/8:

this was fantastic nth

Pylons posted:

if this was a match that had a stip that mattered in the story picture it absolutely would have been imo

graph fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jun 9, 2021

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark 6/8:

Timestamp

Yeah, this could easily have been a PPV match.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark 6/8:

Timestamp

Nth. Very very strong outing from a veteran who is constantly developing his skillset and a rookie who is on the cusp of greatness.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark 6/8:

Timestamp

nth this match ruled

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
6th June
Cyberfight Festival
Chris Brookes & 37KAMIINA (MAO & Shunma Katsumata) vs Damnation (Daisuke Sasaki, Soma Takao & Tetsuya Endo)

HM
6th June
Cyberfight Festival
DDT (Akito, Kazusada Higuchi, Naomi Yoshimura, Sanshiro Takagi, Yukio Naya & Yukio Sakaguchi) vs Kongo (Haoh, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Kenoh, Manabu Soya, Nioh & Tadasuke)

Kongo vs DDT was exquisite, just a wonderful mix of brutal kicks and vintage DDT nonsense. Kenoh is such a delightful straight man for all that because he is such a petulant prick.

MOTYC
6th June
Cyberfight Festival
37KAMIINA (Konosuke Takeshita & Yuki Ueno) vs Kaito Kiyomiya & Yoshiki Inamura

I hate the result but Match good

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark 6/8:

Timestamp

Nth

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AJPW Dynamite June 9th
HM
CIMA (c) vs Koji Iwamoto - AJPW Jr Heavyweight Championship
NEXTREAM (Kento Miyahara & Yuma Aoyagi)(c) vs Twin Towers (Kohei Sato & Shuji Ishikawa) - AJPW Tag Championship
- motherfucker at least go for the pin if you hit the top rope Falcon Arrow, pretend like you're trying to win the match

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

SG Bamboo posted:

AJPW Dynamite June 9th
HM
CIMA (c) vs Koji Iwamoto - AJPW Jr Heavyweight Championship
NEXTREAM (Kento Miyahara & Yuma Aoyagi)(c) vs Twin Towers (Kohei Sato & Shuji Ishikawa) - AJPW Tag Championship
- motherfucker at least go for the pin if you hit the top rope Falcon Arrow, pretend like you're trying to win the match

Dang it, my wish that CIMA would wrestle on Dynamite on Wednesdays in 2021 got misplaced.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT King of DDT Night 1
MOTYC
Konosuke Takeshita vs Akito
- Akito is fuckin smooth as silk, that man grapples as easy as breathing. Takeshita is incredible as well, these two worked really well together, Akito worked the legs and Takeshita got to show off his power with some rad as hell German suplexes. Loved this, it was exactly what I was hoping a match between these two would be.

HM
Yuji Hino vs Yukio Sakaguchi
- Do you like hard kicks and hard chops and hard lariats and hard knees? Then this match is for you
Jun Akiyama vs Shunma Katsumata
- David vs Goliath's older tougher brother. This is a side of Shunma we don't see super often, where he's just completely outmatched by his opponent. There was an awkward moment when Shunma tried to hit a spike Frankesteiner and Akiyama went completely the wrong way but luckily neither guy got hurt and they just moved past it quickly. Real fun match especially when the legos came out :twisted:
Kazusada Higuchi vs Naomi Yoshimura
- I thought the chops in Hino/Sakaguchi were meaty, but Higuchi clearly wasn't going to be outdone by his tag partner. Yoshimura more than held up his end of the match, my highlight being when he deadlifted Higuchi while being caught in the clawhold
Tetsuya Endo vs Chris Brookes
- Got a little kick out crazy right near the end, but the vast majority of the match was very well worked. Chris' devotion to attacking Endo's arm during the middle section led to a cool payoff as well. Good way to finish off teh show

Great show, only the Ueno/Sasaki match was a dud and I'm thinking that'll lead somewhere down the track, everything else was good to great

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT King of DDT Night 1
MOTYC
- Akito is fuckin smooth as silk, that man grapples as easy as breathing. Takeshita is incredible as well, these two worked really well together, Akito worked the legs and Takeshita got to show off his power with some rad as hell German suplexes. Loved this, it was exactly what I was hoping a match between these two would be.

HM
- Do you like hard kicks and hard chops and hard lariats and hard knees? Then this match is for you
- David vs Goliath's older tougher brother. This is a side of Shunma we don't see super often, where he's just completely outmatched by his opponent. There was an awkward moment when Shunma tried to hit a spike Frankesteiner and Akiyama went completely the wrong way but luckily neither guy got hurt and they just moved past it quickly. Real fun match especially when the legos came out :twisted:
- I thought the chops in Hino/Sakaguchi were meaty, but Higuchi clearly wasn't going to be outdone by his tag partner. Yoshimura more than held up his end of the match, my highlight being when he deadlifted Higuchi while being caught in the clawhold
- Got a little kick out crazy right near the end, but the vast majority of the match was very well worked. Chris' devotion to attacking Endo's arm during the middle section led to a cool payoff as well. Good way to finish off teh show

Great show, only the Ueno/Sasaki match was a dud and I'm thinking that'll lead somewhere down the track, everything else was good to great

Nth

Serious DDT is pretty good and not incredibly serious!

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT King of DDT Night 1
MOTYC

HM

NTH

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
MOTYC: Kay Lee Ray (c) vs Meiko Satomura for the NXT UK Women's Championship, NXT UK 6/10/21

Absolutely excellent match. Worth watching.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
6th June
Cyberfight Festival
Princess Of Princess Title
Miyu Yamashita vs Yuka Sakazaki

Wow, this was a disappointment. Really thought they'd deliver more than this, bit of a shame. Still very good mind but didn't really connect with me

MOTYC
6th June
Cyberfight Festival
KO-D Openweight Title
Jun Akiyama vs HARASHIMA

Basically as good as I hoped

MOTYC
6th June
Cyberfight Festival
GHC Heavyweight Title
Keiji Mutoh vs Naomichi Marufuji

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT King of DDT Night 1
MOTYC

HM

Adding another general nth, a good fun show overall

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

DarkstarIV posted:

MOTYC: Kay Lee Ray (c) vs Meiko Satomura for the NXT UK Women's Championship, NXT UK 6/10/21

Absolutely excellent match. Worth watching.

2nd, excellent match!!!!

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT King of DDT Night 1
MOTYC

HM

nth, but Yuji Hino vs Yukio Sakaguchi was a MOTYC for me. my favorite match of the show, even if it was a little on the short side.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT King of DDT Night 1
MOTYC

HM
Nth these

Didn't really get into Endo vs Brookes much, felt like it took too long to get into high gear, and then it dragged on.

I thought Ueno vs Sasaki was good, but it was a bit too short for me to give a HM nom. I did like the Mad Paulie spots though.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT King of DDT Night 1
MOTYC

HM

Nth to these, still working me way though the others but so far this has been a hell of a card.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Christian Cage vs Angelico AEW Dynamite 11.06

Just a rock-solid match on every level.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Christian Cage vs Angelico AEW Dynamite 11.06

Just a rock-solid match on every level.

Very good match, loved to see Christian bringing diving headbutts back for the boys. (I am seconding)

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jun 12, 2021

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
MOTYC: Mei Suruga vs Minoru Fujita Chocopro 125 June 11 2021 for the Super Asia Championship

Champ of the Month and also Match of the Night.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MOTY, NPU Fear The Gay Agenda, 6/11
Effy vs Parrow, Last Daddy Standing

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Senerio posted:

MOTYC: Mei Suruga vs Minoru Fujita Chocopro 125 June 11 2021 for the Super Asia Championship

2nd

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT King of DDT Night 1
MOTYC

nth

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Senerio posted:

Absolute war, nth.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
MOTYC: Young Bucks & Brandon Cutler vs Penta el Zero M, PAC & Eddie Kingston AEW Dynamite 11.06

Absolutely top-notch stuff. The Bucks are wonderful assholes.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Young Bucks & Brandon Cutler vs Penta el Zero M, PAC & Eddie Kingston AEW Dynamite June 11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Punch McLightning posted:

HM: Young Bucks & Brandon Cutler vs Penta el Zero M, PAC & Eddie Kingston AEW Dynamite June 11

Nth, even borderline MOTY quality.