Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Roo is a super gamey meat and I don't love it but ultimately this is a continent that doesn't really have the groundwater to reliably raise livestock sustainably and I genuinely believe we should probably wean ourselves off beef and lamb at least. It's very much a meat that you can't just cut and grill and eat but stew and chilli are pretty good ways to make it taste nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Grill roo works fine as long as it's properly marinated.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Yeah I just meant people except to be able to treat it like fatty cuts of meat and then are surprised that it tastes like poo poo when you do that

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Mate of mine does roo nachos and they're pretty darn good. Then again, any time a mate makes nachos is good.

KING EGG
Dec 1, 2000

Saturday is "Treat Day"

I had to watch that to make sure I wasn't in it. I saw a few people I knew. Bloke at 3:55 was put away for hooking up with underaged boys on MSN messenger.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

KING EGG posted:

I had to watch that to make sure I wasn't in it. I saw a few people I knew.

Same. I'm glad it's an accountants office or something now.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

this is like one of those trick videos where they get you to focus on the birds so you miss the skeleton

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Slugnoid posted:

this is like one of those trick videos where they get you to focus on the birds so you miss the skeleton

In case anyone was wondering about the giant animatronic birds, some guy up in Queensland decided to knock them up in his backyard and he's currently driving them all around the state to cheer people up

https://twitter.com/DrDaliri/status/1389447789197729794

E: looks like the skeleton is his as well
https://twitter.com/DrDaliri/status/1311023462622748672

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

wombat meat is good - it's kinda like a cross between beef and chicken but gamey

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I reckon if you confit roo it'd be ok.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Is roo curry a thing? Seems like if it's good meat stewed that it might go well in strong curries.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Sunday mornings rule, it's bundies day

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

*superintendent Chalmers voice* hrm yes and you call them undies despite the fact that they are CLEARLY togs

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Bundy smugglers.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

ili posted:

Bundy smugglers.

For our foreign friends this is insanely funny because 'budgie smugglers' is another name for togs. If they had been Bundy rum togs I also would have accepted 'dickhead togs' but alas they are two distinct companies.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

quote:

togs

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
https://files.catbox.moe/y2adbk.mp4

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Is roo curry a thing? Seems like if it's good meat stewed that it might go well in strong curries.

Mate, you can make anything into a curry

Roo? Curry
Wombat? Curry
Emu? Curry
VB? Curry
Stobie Pole? Curry

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I love Eric so goddamn much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1c_jh1dNYQ

SHOO YA BASTARDS

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Just don't read the magnets on Eric's owners fridge

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Welp, never again will I think of kangaroos as just cute, slightly funny critters :stare:

Seriously, that's like some "serial killer demeanor" poo poo there :stonk:

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Do you get in trouble if you have to rough up a kangaroo that keeps trying to get in your house?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

AKZ posted:

Do you get in trouble if you have to rough up a kangaroo that keeps trying to get in your house?

Yeah you get murdered by a kangaroo.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Welp, never again will I think of kangaroos as just cute, slightly funny critters :stare:

Seriously, that's like some "serial killer demeanor" poo poo there :stonk:

If it makes you feel better he's just trying to kill his reflection.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

I mean the thumbnail for the YouTube video alone there looks like something out of a horror movie. Has there ever been an Australian horror movie about a murderous kangaroo?

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

AKZ posted:

Most species are not protected so I guess you could kill it humanely and not get in trouble?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
How often does the average Australian use the "C" word?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

AmbassadorofSodomy posted:

1-2 times per sentence.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

AmbassadorofSodomy posted:

If you're viewing this thread from outside Australia, you get the google-translated version with cleaned-up and coherent English.

For us in Aussie it's all [filteroff]true-blue top okker lingo, and some absolutely cracker expletives we can't share with bloody yanks because you'll fuckin' bloody snag them all for yourselves.[/filteroff]

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

EoinCannon posted:

Most species are not protected so I guess you could kill it humanely and not get in trouble?

You can even shoot it and make dinner. Again, basically bouncy deer.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

The Lone Badger posted:

1-2 times per sentence.

I farted in bed this morning and my girlfriend rolled over as loudly stated

"You're a gross oval office you know that"

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
I feel like The Boys has taken the special status of oval office to a cunty level of cunitness. Bunch of cunts.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I wanna try roo stew cooked nice and slow or braised for hours. They got any meat on their ribs? Anyone tried to bbq them Kansas style sweet and sticky and smoked for hours?

Then I want to try don't emu meat and also an egg, but I hear they can be kind of overwhelming as the yolk is gigantic to get that baby up and running asap

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Isn't the boys some seppo poo poo? Cunts over there don't have the right to appropriate our lingo, tell 'em to get fucken hosed mate.

munce
Oct 23, 2010

Wendigee posted:

Then I want to try don't emu meat and also an egg, but I hear they can be kind of overwhelming as the yolk is gigantic to get that baby up and running asap

You'd probably only want a bit of an emu egg. Share it with a few people. The whole thing would be like eating 15 normal eggs at once. I suppose if you're up for some kind of eating challenge thing then jump in.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

munce posted:

You'd probably only want a bit of an emu egg. Share it with a few people. The whole thing would be like eating 15 normal eggs at once. I suppose if you're up for some kind of eating challenge thing then jump in.

Sounds efficient for Gaston, though!

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

ili posted:

Isn't the boys some seppo poo poo? Cunts over there don't have the right to appropriate our lingo, tell 'em to get fucken hosed mate.

It's a kiwi playing a pom, badly. If that counts.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ili posted:

The original (and best) "The Boys" with David Wenham is some extremely Australian poo poo.

EoinCannon fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Jun 13, 2021

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

Wrageowrapper posted:

We also have Turbo Chooks also known as the Tasmanian Native Hen. They run like maniacs and have one of the most annoying calls in all of the animal kingdom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn2QGJU7zJ4

OH my loving God

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

AEMINAL posted:

OH my loving God

Yeah, that starts off with "oh yeah, that'd get annoying pretty drat quick" and then kicks it into overdrive.