Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Hegay posted:

Danish FA just announced that Eriksen is awake

gwan christian lad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

EL BROMANCE posted:

The only positive that can be gleaned from this is, maybe this was an inevitable thing for him and thank God it happened somewhere there were a ton of medics on hand and able to react to it instantly. As horrifying as it being broadcast live globally is, it might be the difference between life and death.

There is another positive, which is that Finland's first day ever in European championship games didn't end in a crushing defeat. :pray: Seriously though, how are they going to play the rest of the game? Is there room in the calendar?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Very good

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Thank you for explaining this to me, a consultant anaesthetist.

Fair enough.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hegay posted:

Loving Africa Chaps is the official TRP doctor.

The Official Posting Doctor of The Ray Parlour.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

What % of people under 40 you see with heart issues are from cocaethylene

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I don't see how they can make the players play again today. Even with eriksen alive everyone is going to be completely shot emotionally

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Thanks for this lol or more of a chuckle right now

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

You don’t have to know that Loving Africa Chaps is a doctor but he is a doctor.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Tbf in england you can be a doctor with like 2 years of schooling

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I don't see how they can make the players play again today. Even with eriksen alive everyone is going to be completely shot emotionally

Agreed, I cant imagine the Belgian and Russian players, especially his former and current teammates being in any state to play mentally.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Butterfly Valley posted:

Thank gently caress

Lemon
May 22, 2003

There's no way this game can resume.

Even when it looked the worst though I never assumed UEFA would postpone the later game (because they are arseholes)

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Agreed.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Seems bit pointless doesn't it

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

African AIDS cum posted:

You blaming spurs for this? Rude, but on brand.

To be clear I'm kidding. Glad he'll pull through

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

African AIDS cum posted:

I came over in a boat and said praise be to allah and they gave me a 5 bed house in london and a medical degree it's basically illegal to be english these days

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

While I agree with this I don't see how they make it work with the tournament's schedule.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

But the ad buys!

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Gigi Galli posted:

Agreed, I cant imagine the Belgian and Russian players, especially his former and current teammates being in any state to play mentally.

Our journos are saying that Finland - Denmark is rescheduled to tomorrow at 12:00 and the rest of the games will proceed as scheduled

This is insane

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

It’s UEFA, no way will they delay the late game.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

I came over in a boat and said praise be to allah and they gave me a 5 bed house in london and a medical degree it's basically illegal to be english these days

Was it the boat ride that blew all of your hair off

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

ZeeBoi posted:

But the ad buys!

The Chinese are asleep so they don't matter anyways

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Denmark will be so demoralized

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Elliptical Dick posted:

While I agree with this I don't see how they make it work with the tournament's schedule.

3-0 win to Finland, their player didn't collapse.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

African AIDS cum posted:

Maybe players shouldn't play 50-60 matches per year and there should be a blood passport and more surprise checks for PEDs and recreational drugs

I'm not accusing Eriksen btw but playing against doped players also is very dangerous

That last sentence is key.

Very excited for the talking point that comes out of this to only be about matches played and not that every team is doped to the gills.

(I am not trying to minimize anything that happened to Eriksen, he’s a good dude trying to do his best, as are all players. I hope he makes a full recovery and plays again)

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

African AIDS cum posted:

If Eriksen didnt want to be shown on camera he should have worn the logo of a non UEFA corporate partner imo

lol

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Elliptical Dick posted:

I’m sure they’ll figure a way to move the second half to Bahrain and play at noon.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Gigi Galli posted:

I’m sure they’ll figure a way to move the second half to Bahrain and play at noon.

lol fair enough

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

Maybe players shouldn't play 50-60 matches per year and there should be a blood passport and more surprise checks for PEDs and recreational drugs

I'm not accusing Eriksen btw but playing against doped players also is very dangerous

One season in Italy, hmmm

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Hegay posted:

Conte’s hair cream is very powerful.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Didn’t expect to see a doctor here, I thought we were all depressed, unaccomplished keyboard warriors

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Qatar is going to be a nightmare

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Vegetable posted:

Didn’t expect to see a doctor here, I thought we were all depressed, unaccomplished keyboard warriors

I can be both

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hell,

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Finland and Denmark should just score a goal each and then stop playing in the postponed game

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Also this is a good reminder to learn how to do CPR, learn how to use an AED and where your nearest public one is. Early CPR and defibrillation is absolutely crucial in cardiac arrest.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

shut up blegum posted:

Finland and Denmark should just score a goal each and then stop playing in the postponed game

They’re not in Italy’s group this time.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

They still haven't told people in the stadium anything lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Hegay posted:

He "struggled to adapt" hmm