Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Hegay posted:

I don't get why they shouldn't play if they wanted. Eriksens agent said he spoke with his dad and he's reportedly awake and speaking.

Their ability to make this decision with a clear mind has been compromised by the traumatic event they just witnessed involving their friend and teammate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Elliptical Dick posted:

Their ability to make this decision with a clear mind has been compromised by the traumatic event they just witnessed involving their friend and teammate.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Smirr posted:

I just hope the Finns stop running into and nutshotting each other

Lol

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Smirr posted:

i think a bit of levity is useful in trying times

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Sombrerotron posted:

"All right lads we know this has hit you hard and you're absolutely free to choose, so let us know what you want: for us to cancel this game and just write it up as a 0-0 draw or resume in 20 minutes. Take your time to consider your options, just as long as it doesn't take longer than 5 minutes."

"Can we speak to our professional union rep?"
"Haha. No."

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Smirr posted:

Actually I think we could all use some lols

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
i'm not inclined to give the uefa the benefit of the doubt as to the options that were on offer for these teams

e: i'm probably being :tinfoil: about this but i could imagine the finnish players saying "we'll obviously play if they want to" and then the uefa rep turning to the danish squad saying "we'll allow you to not play but it'll be written up as a forfeit"

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jun 12, 2021

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I mean I'm just glad things look okay but I will lol if they restart the match only for Finland to sneak an 89th minute winner

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Smirr posted:

I hope the opposite

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Elliptical Dick posted:

Speaker said both teams want to finish the match. If that's true I understand how this happened.

However, I think you should take it out of their hands. I've been in a similar situation and I would have sworn I wanted to continue and finish. Thankfully wiser heads took that choice away from me and I thank them for it.

real world cup 2014 final vibes.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Gigi Galli posted:

I hope the opposite

e: i misread i'm dumb

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Advanced tactics from Hjulmand - no way Finland won't let us win now

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Im 100% convinced UEFA is forcing them to play

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Fine, whatever. The Finns can continue doing whatever the gently caress it is they're doing, but the broadcasters put slidewhistles and *boioioioiiiing* sound effects over everything, so you know it's nothing serious

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Grimson posted:

real world cup 2014 final vibes.

Don't doxx me bro

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Also this is a good reminder to learn how to do CPR, learn how to use an AED and where your nearest public one is. Early CPR and defibrillation is absolutely crucial in cardiac arrest.

ZeeBoi posted:

I have first aid training and I pray I never have to use it

The corollary to "learn first aid" is "rehearse every few years". Normally you will get to use the skills seldom and you forget things, also recommendations get updated periodically. Speaking of which, my first aid renewal is overdue... :doh:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Lex Neville posted:

i'm not inclined to give the uefa the benefit of the doubt as to the options that were on offer for these teams

e: i'm probably being :tinfoil: about this but i could imagine the finnish players saying "we'll obviously play if they want to" and then the uefa rep turning to the danish squad saying "we'll allow you to not play but it'll be written up as a forfeit"

prisoners dilemma where each team is isolated and told they have to choose to play or not, but if the other team says play and they say no, then they lose by default

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
There’s gonna be an extremely Pukki goal scored soon and it’s gonna be terrible and amazing

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Nenonen posted:

The corollary to "learn first aid" is "rehearse every few years". Normally you will get to use the skills seldom and you forget things, also recommendations get updated periodically. Speaking of which, my first aid renewal is overdue... :doh:

yeah St. John's Ambulance comes into my work to do training for those that want it

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Butterfly Valley posted:

This might be an occasion to overrule the players and be like er no lads we're making this decision for you, go clear your heads as best you can

Although I guess having a game to concentrate on is probably a decent way to clear your head but idk you imagine some of them are going to be all over the place whether they know it or not

Yeah, this.

When my wife passed, I was in no condition to be making decisions. I personally went into work the next day as it was a Sunday, it was an empty office, and it was away from everything and everyone id been dealing with for the previous two weeks.

Going back on the pitch an hour after going through literal trauma is just not a good thing to put on people. While some might genuinely want to do it to push everything out of their mind, there will likely be others who are staying silent because they don’t want to dissent.

Call the game. Mark it as 0-0 full time. If the result genuinely makes a difference to the standings in a weeks time, maybe revisit then. Today they just need to give everyone the individual treatment they need.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

DBU confirming that they and the players have spoken with Eriksen and that he was awake when he left the stadium

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Danish FA says the players spoke to Eriksen from the hospital too.

What the He Gay says.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

de curry GOAT posted:

Literally no chance. Kaspar and the lads 100% would not give a poo poo

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

de curry GOAT posted:

“Highly encouraged” I’m sure. Reading about this decision later will be interesting.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

vyelkin posted:

prisoners dilemma where each team is isolated and told they have to choose to play or not, but if the other team says play and they say no, then they lose by default

lol

de curry GOAT posted:

yea

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Bape Culture posted:

Literally no chance. Kaspar and the lads 100% would not give a poo poo

This lol, like we're some third world country, gently caress off bad posters

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Hegay posted:

DBU confirming that they and the players have spoken with Eriksen and that he was awake when he left the stadium

if true then the medical staff deserve a medal

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Hegay posted:

I don't get why they shouldn't play if they wanted. Eriksens agent said he spoke with his dad and he's reportedly awake and speaking.

Nice to hear his dad is conscious.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Schmeichel is going around hugging everyone, it's extremely wholesome.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
https://twitter.com/MikeJBowden/status/1403779515357278208

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

If anyone starts posting about Blegum - Russia before this game is over, they should eat a probe for being a scab and/or Belge

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Serious question - What is with everyone getting all mad about photos of the situation?

This event happened and I think fans should be exposed to the human cost of teams playing 60 games a year and training like absolute mad lads

And seeing that players like Kjaer and Schmeichel are human beings forced to do human things is kind of important imho

I don’t think we should be looking away here

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Smirr posted:

If anyone starts posting about Blegum - Russia before this game is over, they should eat a probe for being a scab and/or Belge

Never underestimate the Belges.. They are very bad posters

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Serious question - What is with everyone getting all mad about photos of the situation?

This event happened and I think fans should be exposed to the human cost of teams playing 60 games a year and training like absolute mad lads

And seeing that players like Kjaer and Schmeichel are human beings forced to do human things is kind of important imho

Some people dont like seeing people die and be resuscitated. It can be incredibly triggering

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

those are photos of a woman being told her partner might have just died and it's incredibly evil for the press to be making money by selling photos of human misery

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Smirr posted:

Why

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Hegay posted:

Never underestimate the Belges.. They are very bad posters

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

i agree but not everyone is affected in the same way

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

vyelkin posted:

those are photos of a woman being told her partner might have just died and it's incredibly evil for the press to be making money by selling photos of human misery

No one is making money off of posts in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
It's exploitative of a deeply personal medical situation