Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Half this thread: loving scum photogs trying to sneak pictures of the dying soccer player

Same half of this thread: check out the picture of the player awake and apparently alert, thank god!

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

I get that some people might find it morbid but so what? That’s life.

And what’s more exploitive? Showing/Seeing the human toll or everyone looking away so things can continue as they have been?

Anyway I’m very much looking forward to Qatar 2022 and I’m sure all valid player safety concerns will be fully addressed in the next 15 months.

is you serious man??

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

PederP posted:

This is not true. Danish TV showed airborne footage of the stadium. Not sure who the hosts would be if not us.

UEFA is the host. And it's fairly common to have two different feeds, one for the national broadcaster and one shared for all the international.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

*pam from the office gif*

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Half this thread: loving scum photogs trying to sneak pictures of the dying soccer player

Same half of this thread: check out the picture of the player awake and apparently alert, thank god!

Are you on the spectrum

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Holy poo poo they just showed a Newsmax commercial for Trump during the ‘obviously designed to jam in more commercials’ break on ESPN News. Just what everyone wants to see.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Watering the players is a bit rude tbh

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Finnish dude casually walking through the sprinkler

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Let’s not argue about owt coz it’s loving class news tbh

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Collateral posted:

The commentary is worse than my posting.

Trying to create an inspiring and uplifting narrative around a horrible thing that happened and people getting on with a game of football. Should just commentate the game rather than editorialising everything, but that's all they teach in commentary school these days.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

A bad post

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Don't sign your posts.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Kick the ball

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Shrapnig posted:

Don't sign your posts.

Ok guy who basically made the same post a few minutes ago

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Elliptical Dick posted:

Ok guy who basically made the same post a few minutes ago

I said don't sign your posts.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Bape Culture posted:

They’ll be fuckin gassed. Imagine the adrenaline. Schmichiel will score a hat trick

Quoting for posterity

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Braithwaite is dog poo poo, get Andreas Skov Olsen on pls

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Shrapnig posted:

I said don't sign your posts.

:hmmyes:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I for one am hell, glad for the good lad eriksen.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
My point is that the photographers are trying to take pictures of a newsworthy event

None of us would have had the picture of erikson awake and alert that made everyone so relieved if they weren’t in there trying to get footage/images

We’re 15 months away from a World Cup where this is probably going to happen 3-4 times and everyone wants to look away

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

There's a game back on and yet discourse is still happening. Sickening stuff

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

the sex ghost posted:

Should book eriksen for taking hours to be subbed off imo

lol, I could totally see Mike Dean dramatically booking him for "time wasting" or some other weird attempt to steal the spotlight.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Was there any actual contact? Couldn’t see anything tbh

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I actually cant believe that Qatar 2022 is a real thing that will be happening next year. Wild stuff

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Hegay posted:

Braithwaite is dog poo poo, get Andreas Skov Olsen on pls

I forgot this mfer was Danish. Is he any good for the national side? Sort of forgettable in league play.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

sticksy posted:

lol, I could totally see Mike Dean dramatically booking him for "time wasting" or some other weird attempt to steal the spotlight.

A Wales u21s player was sent off for simulation the other day as he was stretchered away.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

fridge corn posted:

I actually cant believe that Qatar 2022 is a real thing that will be happening next year. Wild stuff

It’s okay they’ll have synthetic clouds

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

I forgot this mfer was Danish. Is he any good for the national side? Sort of forgettable in league play.

The same for Denmark. Runs a lot I guess. I wish we just played Damsgaard or Skov Olsen instead.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

blue footed boobie posted:

Why do they need to make their own clouds cant they just take ours ffs

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

blue footed boobie posted:

Have they even finished the stadiums yet? Feel like they'll be using migrant corpses to fill in the gaps at this rate

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
How the gently caress is this game continuing

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

Nilbop posted:

Players talked to Eriksen, and wanted to continue. Cleared it with Finns who also want to continue.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Nilbop posted:

Because Eriksen facetimed the team and is a good lad in good spirits

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

the sex ghost posted:

Have they even finished the stadiums yet? Feel like they'll be using migrant corpses to fill in the gaps at this rate

Please don’t post pictures of the migrant corpse mortar, their families are dealing with enough tragedy right now

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Nilbop posted:

very, and i do mean very, carefully

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Did he just take one in the dick?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Please don’t post pictures of the migrant corpse mortar, their families are dealing with enough tragedy right now

Gigi pls this guy is an insanely bad poster and probably American

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

was that a ball shot

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

the sex ghost posted:

I legitimately have no clue what’s going on with that and haven’t thought about the status of Qatar 2022 since the pandemic. Would be interested if any poster knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

iirc he was still a better forward for Toulouse than Arsenal superstar Yaya Sanogo