Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
hell yeah simpson the cat

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
A pirate crew led by a legally distinct Ork, including a genuine poltergeist AND a full on toon physics Felix riff? That's genuinely terrifying.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Sleve McDichael
Feb 11, 2019

~nice~
A hiss is not a contract

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

it started out with a hiss, how did it end up like this

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

28 dollars shipping for the meat tank tank to Australia! :argh:
I want one so bad but that's rough.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

He told Tony he'd said hello to everyone, and I don't take him for a liar. Any strip of him sending regards must take place earlier on.
Or, he finished Tony's list and went freelance and that's just his catch phrase now. It works either way.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

That's a name I didn't expect to see on a PFSC

I didn't read Scott Pilgrim until long after this would have been a new comic so wouldn't have recognized it at the time

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

BUT IT WASHED OFF THE NEXT DAY

Phone, remote... close enough, I'll bet

Beartato's famous One Minute Nachos

Two towns over, Gary awakens with two thing: a mysterious tattoo of the front half of a tiger, and a new destiny as the chosen one.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Wait, I thought helmers were pro. Are they all pro-flea??

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Wonder if Michael Peter Balzary has one of these...

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

feedmyleg posted:

Wait, I thought helmers were pro. Are they all pro-flea??
These are like flea collars, but super-protective.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Profligates.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

This is the last guest strip before we get back to the normal comic. I'm sure you have all missed it dearly.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Ziv Zulander posted:

This is the last guest strip before we get back to the normal comic. I'm sure you have all missed it dearly.

Oh yeah, I knew that one.

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lmao Heathcliff owns

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Two towns over, Gary awakens with two thing: a mysterious tattoo of the front half of a tiger, and a new destiny as the chosen one.

How would Beartato even possibly chew there, you ask? The answer is that anything is possible when you believe in yourself.

Bottom of foot: you'll go somewhere new. Palm of hand: You'll receive money. Entire body, inside and out: you enjoy candy.

I was hatched from one of those Silly Putty eggs

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Fools Infinite posted:

Almost as disturbing as frontal Reginald.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Fools Infinite posted:

How would Beartato even possibly chew there, you ask? The answer is that anything is possible when you believe in yourself.

Bottom of foot: you'll go somewhere new. Palm of hand: You'll receive money. Entire body, inside and out: you enjoy candy.

I enjoy every Beartato batch but the last few have filled me with dread knowing that sometime soon they're just going to end.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I've had the same list of webcomics bookmarked for like a decade:

- Perry Bible Fellowship
- xkcd
- Toothpaste for Dinner
- Awkward Zombie
- Questionable Content
- Dragon Ball Multiverse
- The Draw Play

I used to have 8-Bit Theater and Hark A Vagrant too before those wrapped up. Anyway, I feel like the list is pretty long overdue for a refresh. I'm going to cut QC and Toothpaste for Dinner, too, at least.

Have any good new webcomics debuted in the past ~5 years, or is it a dead medium besides the ones that started in the early aughts that survive based on mindless zombie readership like me?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Oglaf is great, depending on how R rated you want.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

surf rock posted:

- Perry Bible Fellowship
- xkcd
- Toothpaste for Dinner
- Awkward Zombie
- Questionable Content
- Dragon Ball Multiverse
- The Draw Play

I used to have 8-Bit Theater and Hark A Vagrant too before those wrapped up. Anyway, I feel like the list is pretty long overdue for a refresh. I'm going to cut QC and Toothpaste for Dinner, too, at least.

Have any good new webcomics debuted in the past ~5 years, or is it a dead medium besides the ones that started in the early aughts that survive based on mindless zombie readership like me?

Add Deathbulge, Paranatural and Gunnerkrigg Court

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

surf rock posted:

Depends, do you just want gag-a-day newspaper strips or would ongoing stories fit you too? If so, Kill Six Billion Demons and Sleepless Domain are both very well-regarded and around five years old.

There's not as much going on in the realm of simple gag strips. Swords is really the only one I've picked up in recent years. I think there might be more living on Twitter and Instagram and the like, but I tend not to look for webcomics on social media sites.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
SMBC seems like something that could be interesting to you.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Thanks for the recommendations so far!

Tenebrais posted:

Depends, do you just want gag-a-day newspaper strips or would ongoing stories fit you too?

A mix is good. Any kind of ongoing story that's been happening for several years already is probably too big of a backlog for me to plow through these days, but if it's newer or if the publication schedule is like once a week then maybe I'd be down for that.

The nice thing here is that looking into these recommendations feels like a pretty small time commitment to me where I can look at ~10 strips and decide whether it's for me or not.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

He doesn't have anything going right now, but have you read any Thorsby?

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/othercomics/

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Oglaf peaked with the fountain of doubt joke and now it's "smbc five years ago" tier

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Heathcliff and Jucika are what keep me coming back to this thread.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Speaking of...
:v:

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
The best Oglaf’s are almost all the ones that are less R-rated.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

surf rock posted:

- Perry Bible Fellowship
- xkcd
- Toothpaste for Dinner
- Awkward Zombie
- Questionable Content
- Dragon Ball Multiverse
- The Draw Play

kill 6 billion demons is good and is about to wrap up before the year is up.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Fools Infinite posted:

This is my fav reginald

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Arrhythmia posted:

Oglaf peaked with the fountain of doubt joke and now it's "smbc five years ago" tier

I think the quality of Oglaf is very consistent. I mean, the average quality. It's always varied a lot from week to week as some comics just don't have punchlines and/or nonsensical joke set ups.

:nws:https://i.imgur.com/BYuhrsU.jpg:nws:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

HPanda posted:

The best Oglaf’s are almost all the ones that are less R-rated.

Counterpoint: anything involving the Dwarves.