Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Larryb posted:

How would you explain Knuckles suddenly shrinking and becoming less buff then?

he chuckled instead of flexing his muscles and bam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Works for me. Though in Amy’s case I personally kind of like her Boom outfit better than her regular one (along with her personality for that matter). In fact, they should just update the mainline version of the character entirely at this point.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jun 9, 2021

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Larryb posted:

Master Emerald radiation-induced cancer. He survived only because Ken Penders donated bone marrow as a way to apologize for everything he's done.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Larryb posted:

That about covers it. I assume Gerald found Emerl a little while before the raid on the ARK, sealing him away and jettisoning him to Earth before being arrested.

Not sure when he found Emerl exactly but Battle says he gave him to the military to buy more time to work on Project Shadow.
Oh, and Gerald also worked with Elise’s father at some point according to the leaked internal Sonic 06 script document. Guy got around.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Detective No. 27 posted:

The Sonic Boom versions of the characters went beyond just Sonic's neckerchief. Knuckles looks drastically different to his normal design. And then there's the existence of Sticks who is entirely original and tied to Boom. A simple rebrand wouldn't have been possible.

Which sucks rear end because I loved that show. They should have just done a reboot of the show with the same studio/team.

They haven't shown anything from Sonic Prime yet, it could be good. But from what little I saw from Man of Action's Mega Man show, I don't expect it to be good.

The Mega Man show was actually perfectly decent.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Larryb posted:

Isn’t the canon version of Sticks basically Marine from Rush Adventure?

Sticks and Marine are honestly not that alike, beyond their color scheme. (I forget if Badgers and Raccoons are related)

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

MonsterEnvy posted:

The Mega Man show was actually perfectly decent.

Was it? I watched a few episodes online and while the ones I saw weren’t unbearable travesties or anything they certainly weren’t what I’d call good.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Not sure when he found Emerl exactly but Battle says he gave him to the military to buy more time to work on Project Shadow.
Oh, and Gerald also worked with Elise’s father at some point according to the leaked internal Sonic 06 script document. Guy got around.

Kind of curious how/when Eggman got his hands on him then (the Phi robots’ designation was E-121 which would imply they were built before Omega was)

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

They should have kept Amy and Knuckles' designs from Boom going forward

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Larryb posted:

Kind of curious how/when Eggman got his hands on him then (the Phi robots’ designation was E-121 which would imply they were built before Omega was)

The game says he found him in a warehouse, right? Or maybe I’m remembering wrong.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

flavor.flv posted:

They should have kept Amy and Knuckles' designs from Boom going forward

Or just Amy’s at the very least (like I said, her entire character probably could use an overhaul in the main series as I liked her Boom persona a lot better honestly)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I wasn't huge on Knuckles' design but Boom did have him at his most stupid and that was A+

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Was it? I watched a few episodes online and while the ones I saw weren’t unbearable travesties or anything they certainly weren’t what I’d call good.

It was a perfectly serviceable children's cartoon. The Ruby-Spears cartoon was not "good," but we also love "Oh no! He's gonna shoot President Lincoln!"
Remember, this is a series where a mainline game introduced a disease called Roboenza. If "robot flu" had been introduced in Fully Charged, people probably would've hated it on principle.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

I’d recommend emulating the Dreamcast version. No need to install a bunch of mods to unfuck the graphics.

The karting missions were what stopped me from trying to get all 180 emblems as a kid, but if you know how to use drifting to break the speed cap then as long as you make it to the end you’re guaranteed the A rank.

Double-tap A to start drifting, and as long as you don’t go in a straight line for more than a few seconds you’ll keep the drift. Any speed you gain from going downhill, hitting a speed pad or using your 20 ring speed boost will be kept a lot longer than if you weren’t drifting.

It’s both maddening and really fun, and when you finally succeed it feels great. That’s the 180 emblem challenge in a nutshell, with it being one of the only 3D Sonic games with a decent reward for 100% completion.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i played tails' skypatrol last night before starting the tails miniseries in sonic universe and as much as i love tails, it's probably in the top five worst games in series for me

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Larryb posted:

If he maintains his Boom personality, he just acts like nothing changed until Sonic gives up asking about it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Conversely I think they should just move Amy’s Boom design and personality over to her mainline counterpart. They can keep her crush on Sonic (which was still hinted at a few times during the cartoon) but just make her a bit less overt about it.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
amy should use her hammer more, especially to dunk on big buff juggernauts, but also continue reaching out to her foes and talking to them

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Takoluka posted:

It was a perfectly serviceable children's cartoon. The Ruby-Spears cartoon was not "good," but we also love "Oh no! He's gonna shoot President Lincoln!"
Remember, this is a series where a mainline game introduced a disease called Roboenza. If "robot flu" had been introduced in Fully Charged, people probably would've hated it on principle.

When they were saying the new Megaman game was gonna be about a virus I was like let's loving go, Maverick virus is here, time to bridge into X, baby!

Mmmmmmnope.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

MJeff posted:

When they were saying the new Megaman game was gonna be about a virus I was like let's loving go, Maverick virus is here, time to bridge into X, baby!

Mmmmmmnope.

I think Roboenza was meant to be Wily's Maverick virus prototype.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Screaming Idiot posted:

I think Roboenza was meant to be Wily's Maverick virus prototype.

I seem to recall reading that that was actually the canon explanation but I forget where it was said.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jun 9, 2021

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Larryb posted:

I seem to recall reading that that was actually the canon explanation actually but I forget where it was said.

One of the Complete Works artbooks, I think.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Yeah it was the Rockman Zero one

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Does this make the Maverick Virus' real name ROVID-XX?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

It wasn't Roboenza that you're thinking of. It was the Evil Energy from Mega Man 8 that people theorize is the source of the Maverick Virus. Also,

quote:

According to an unused concept for Mega Man 10, Bass was going to have the ability to tap into the reserve of Evil Energy he obtained in Mega Man 8, giving him a temporary power up until the stage is cleared or the player gets a game over, but reducing his maximum health once the effect is over.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's funny that the game they chose to do the robo flu plot is the same one whose roman numeral is X.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Takoluka posted:

It wasn't Roboenza that you're thinking of. It was the Evil Energy from Mega Man 8 that people theorize is the source of the Maverick Virus. Also,

"People theorize" has the same taste as "many people argue" on Wikipedia entries.

Fan theories are one thing, but Complete Works came out and stated Roboenza was Wily's first crack at what would become the Maverick Virus. They're both Wily-made afflictions that drive robots crazy, so it kinda fits.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Screaming Idiot posted:

Fan theories are one thing, but Complete Works came out and stated Roboenza was Wily's first crack at what would become the Maverick Virus. They're both Wily-made afflictions that drive robots crazy, so it kinda fits.

https://megaman.fandom.com/wiki/Evil_Energy#Trivia

quote:

Evil Energy (悪のエネルギー Aku no Enerugī) is a mysterious sentient energy source of alien origin that appeared in Mega Man 8.

quote:

According to the content that was in the Rockman Zero Collection official site, Dr. Light made X with a perfect virus counter-measure because of an unknown computer virus of alien origin that caused robots to become violent and riotous. The virus mentioned is believed by some to be the Evil Energy.

I mean, unless the knowledge base hasn't been updated since the Complete Works dropped, there has not been any 100% confirmation of this. I'm happy to be proven wrong if you can hook me up with an entry.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Screaming Idiot posted:

Does this make the Maverick Virus' real name ROVID-XX?

No, that’s what killed Scooby Doo

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/HardDriveMag/status/1403396884933267460?s=19

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Wait is that real? If so, all controversy aside what does OJ Simpson have to do with music production?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It's not real, no, Hard Drive is videogame Onion.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Larryb posted:

Wait is that real? If so, all controversy aside what does OJ Simpson have to do with music production?

c’mon

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ah I hadn’t heard of the site before but yeah, upon actually reading the article it became obvious it was a parody. Nevermind

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I haven't been paying attention, does sega have anything planned for E3 regarding that new sonic game?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Not sure, when is the Sega event supposed to happen? I know Square Enix’s presentation is tomorrow at least

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Larryb posted:

It's real and we have to accept it

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Larryb posted:

Not sure, when is the Sega event supposed to happen? I know Square Enix’s presentation is tomorrow at least

Sega doesn't have anything of their own. If they've got anything to show it would have to be at Nintendo or Microsoft's conference.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

J-Spot posted:

Sega doesn't have anything of their own. If they've got anything to show it would have to be at Nintendo or Microsoft's conference.

Ah, I just assumed since Square had their own event Sega would too since they’re also a third party developer. When are those scheduled then?

Sony’s conference could also be a possibility since I think Rangers will likely be coming out on PS4 and/or PS5 as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Larryb posted:

Ah, I just assumed since Square had their own event Sega would too since they’re also a third party developer. When are those scheduled then?

Sony’s conference could also be a possibility since I think Rangers will likely be coming out on PS4 and/or PS5 as well.

Microsoft is tomorrow at 10am PDT. Nintendo is Tuesday at 9am PDT. Sony isn't part of E3 so they have nothing scheduled at the moment.