Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

bartok posted:

I stopped watching because of the KSA shows. I had hope they would cancel that second show given the Khasoggi murder but when that didn't happen I decided I was done forever. What's hilarious is when I went to cancel the network after that first KSA show they had very obviously removed the option to give feedback on why you cancelled.

I think it was the last KSA show and the death(and her experience in Kuwait that I didn't know of) of Massaro that got my to say "gently caress this company forever. I'll never pay for them a cent" and so far I haven't. I wasn't spending that much just the occasional ticket for the show when it came to Chicago. Which judging by the the early post in this thread the prices are insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
The talk about Stephanie and Dusty just reminded me of the story of how when one of the celebrity writers they had, I can't remember if it was Freddie Prinze Jr or Patrice O'Neal, got fired by WWE they were just like "Ok cool" and Stephanie kept calling them being like "We're serious you know!" cause she was expecting them to be devastated and beg for their job back or whatever.

In the McMahons world, all of their employees are desperate to work for them and the idea that anyone would simply walk away is confounding and scary.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Drakkel posted:

The talk about Stephanie and Dusty just reminded me of the story of how when one of the celebrity writers they had, I can't remember if it was Freddie Prinze Jr or Patrice O'Neal, got fired by WWE they were just like "Ok cool" and Stephanie kept calling them being like "We're serious you know!" cause she was expecting them to be devastated and beg for their job back or whatever.

In the McMahons world, all of their employees are desperate to work for them and the idea that anyone would simply walk away is confounding and scary.

It was Patrice, I think he told this story on Opie and Anthony

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Max Landis should work for WWE. He's a piece of poo poo abuser that relies on nepotism and is awful on Twitter, he would fit right in there.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Grendels Dad posted:

Max Landis should work for WWE. He's a piece of poo poo abuser that relies on nepotism and is awful on Twitter, he would fit right in there.

He'd get fired for suggesting a helicopter entrance

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I doubt he would do that. his father murdered three people (two children) with the spinning blades of a helicopter, and got away with it.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cavauro posted:

I doubt he would do that. his father murdered three people (two children) with the spinning blades of a helicopter, and got away with it.

:thejoke:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Is that image a foot pointing upward? it looks like toes on the top and a heel at the bottom. it was probably easier to see back when everyone was using very low monitor resolution.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Grendels Dad posted:

He was, actually. For at least a year or so around 2016.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Sorry wrong thread! Meant for the bad takes thread but I’ll leave it since I guess it’s relevant!

Wild.

https://twitter.com/wwe/status/1403740041667620867?s=21

https://twitter.com/frankie_rod/status/1403742937016672261?s=21

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jun 12, 2021

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Drakkel posted:

He was, actually. For at least a year or so around 2016.

That's disappointing. I would have expected a lot of drama from his massive ego clashing with Vince et al. He seems like the sort of guy they would haze the poo poo out of, and he's connected and petty enough to cause them a lot of PR pain.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

your race is like a house show tag team title change, it only counts if we need it to

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
ethnic identity on a pole match

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I think he did some advising, I don’t think he was writer for a year. Yes you can say a lot about him, but With his ego, he would’ve quit after the third rewrite of the night.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Gargano & I had the same reaction to that quote

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

It was

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Sorry wrong thread! Meant for the bad takes thread but I’ll leave it since I guess it’s relevant!

Wild.

https://twitter.com/wwe/status/1403740041667620867?s=21

https://twitter.com/frankie_rod/status/1403742937016672261?s=21

Jesus CHRIST

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Alan_Shore posted:

Jesus CHRIST

Raquel might actually be dumber than Braun which is quite an accomplishment. Jesus christ she hosed up bad during this press conference.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

I saw this on tv while I was waiting for dynamite to start and it looked unbelievably bad. Roman yeets the guy but you don’t see anything else after, no impact or table bump or crash pad or anything. They just cut away and a few moments later the guy is convulsing on the ground.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Did Raquel actually call herself the first Mexican and Latin American woman to be a champ, because it looks like it was WWE that did that in the tweet.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

mooseinfants posted:

it looks like it was WWE that did that in the tweet.

:agreed:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

mooseinfants posted:

Did Raquel actually call herself the first Mexican and Latin American woman to be a champ, because it looks like it was WWE that did that in the tweet.

WWE did.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

god bless my friend mark

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

Procrastinator posted:

jinders reign was terrible, but they did a house show here in vancouver while he was champion, and he got a monster pop. it kinda ruled.

The Bollywood Boyz are Vancouver guys, so I could imagine they were popping for them

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If they had pushed Jinder as a Canadian hero, I'd have respected it way more.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

MJeff posted:

Yeah same, like a modern-day Bret minus the wrestling ability

Alas, the old brain-damaged piece of poo poo running the company insisted on "1980s evil foreign heel"

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

It wasn’t just that his matches were boring and samey, he also was a racist caricature, who was racist to Shinsuke Nakamura in a way that would’ve been off putting in the 2000s, and his back looked like a topical map of Mars.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Remember his bloody acne back

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I could have sworn Jinder returned again recently on Raw but I haven't heard anything about him in a few weeks

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Also, Jinder, (the performer), was always fun and charming doing his 3 man band stuff.

But that could be put down to Heat Slater's preternatural goofy affability, as well as his later sucking being down to WWE booking to a performers weaknesses.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
He beat Hardy last month on Raw.

He came out with two guys Veer and Shanky.

I don't think any have been seen again

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

MJeff posted:

Jinder still doing the evil foreigner gimmick but as an evil Canadian stereotype would have been amazing

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Digital Jedi posted:

He beat Hardy last month on Raw.

He came out with two guys Veer and Shanky.

I don't think any have been seen again

Shanky

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

WWE just laid off the whole studio that produced their Antique Roadshow show (friend of mine worked there and got the word a couple hours ago).

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

WWE just laid off the whole studio that produced their Antique Roadshow show (friend of mine worked there and got the word a couple hours ago).

That one they just did where they drive around and try to strongarm fans into giving the billion dollar company a break on buying back their old memorabilia?

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
I watched one where they strongarm Back Backlund for some of his Iron Sheikh stuff :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Most Wanted Treasures is entertaining, I think. The Jake Roberts one was pretty good. They're kind of biographical as well. So of course since it's good they'd lay off the people responsible for it.

Though apparently the next one is about getting stuff related to Andre, and it stars Big Show and Mark Henry. :laugh: