Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

actually legitimately surprised she want to a parade like that. theres maybe 3 obvious secret service agents in the pictures and they're clearing maybe a 10ft circle? if it was the president they'd clear a block in every direction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

hobbesmaster posted:

actually legitimately surprised she want to a parade like that. theres maybe 3 obvious secret service agents in the pictures and they're clearing maybe a 10ft circle? if it was the president they'd clear a block in every direction

I want to do a "Mr president you can't say Texas doesn't love you" joke but it feels way too close to not get in trouble

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
i really enjoy this meme format

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

hobbesmaster posted:

Joe Biden needed a military support convoy to get him propped up on a bicycle so I really don't think he is capable of walking around and interacting with people like that anymore.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1403865227851087887?s=20

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

lol remember when papa johns was like "if we provided health insurance for our employees the price of a pizza would go up 25 cents!!"

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

ma-ma-ma-my burrito

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

looking for some trans women to throw in men's prisons

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lol at hayes hyping open biden

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Willa Rogers posted:

the only reason it'd be remade is if a chud is accused of sexual assault.

not a good look to have a mod team made of men who think nice uncle joe is just too dang affectionate start a new thread, plus the people who spilled their guts itt don't want to have to do the emotional labor of writing a new OP only to have it mocked by liberals who will not be punished while we're punished for reacting to the mocking, plus the second-to-last post of the old thread is a mod warning others to not start another thread about sexual assault among the rich & powerful once that one's closed.

which were all the reasons behind my advocating in QCS for retitling & reopening the old thread instead of having to start from scratch, but I guess that would make the mods look bad bc of their lovely posts in the old thread. :shrug:

so memory hole it is, then!

I completely do not understand why they couldn't just retitle the thread and amend the OP to be "lets talk about sex monster politicians"

I also found it completely hilarious that they nuked it right after I made a post that got me a ton of PMs from people saying that I did help change their mind and think about how sexual assault culture perpetuates and how pushing the topic into a containment zone is a net negative.

edit: also yes, I spilled my guts out in that thread and thinking about writing those posts again is just horrifying. It wasn't as bad as reddit where I got told I straight up deserved what happened to me / I was asking for it but it was still utter poo poo to get have people not get that like... yes this happens. It's not even that unusual, its just not allowed to be talked about in polite company. Which is why I scream about it.

silicone thrills has issued a correction as of 01:52 on Jun 13, 2021

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

loquacius posted:

Also I know Eve Fartlow is probably closer to chud than succ but this is cringe enough that I thought it warranted posting

https://twitter.com/Eve_Barlow/status/1403533828136738818?s=19

this is actually a great analogy because the machines were in the moral right in the matrix

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/1403798042810146818

was this one of the doctors who the media declared to be secretly antitrump because in the hours of incredibly boring covid19 press conference footage they found a a minute or two of her having an ambiguous expression while trump was talking

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Ytlaya posted:

Wrong - Melania bootstrapped herself into her position and suffers from being Trump's wife. Far more sympathetic character than Jill Biden.

Joe Biden was cheating on her husband with Joe Biden before Joe's first wife died in a car accident. Then she left her husband and married Joe.

Melania Trump was never married until she met Donald Trump and married him.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

silicone thrills posted:

I completely do not understand why they couldn't just retitle the thread and amend the OP to be "lets talk about sex monster politicians"

I also found it completely hilarious that they nuked it right after I made a post that got me a ton of PMs from people saying that I did help change their mind and think about how sexual assault culture perpetuates and how pushing the topic into a containment zone is a net negative.

edit: also yes, I spilled my guts out in that thread and thinking about writing those posts again is just horrifying. It wasn't as bad as reddit where I got told I straight up deserved what happened to me / I was asking for it but it was still utter poo poo to get have people not get that like... yes this happens. It's not even that unusual, its just not allowed to be talked about in polite company. Which is why I scream about it.

You were the one I was thinking of when I wrote the post you quoted. I'm inured to dnd scorn & mocking, thanks to the posting wars of yore and bc my rap sheet is more damning of the forum than anything in my posting history.

If the thread does get "rebooted" I'll be happy to repost my musings on why it's only rightwing media that seems to cover dem sexpests, and other stuff like that, but it's the first-person stories like yours that made the thread too painful to libs while starkly contrasted with the mods' & others' trolling.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

silicone thrills posted:

I'm so sorry for what you went through, and I know completely what you mean about how you can't even talk about it which is exactly what impels you to speak on it.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

was this one of the doctors who the media declared to be secretly antitrump because in the hours of incredibly boring covid19 press conference footage they found a a minute or two of her having an ambiguous expression while trump was talking

Birx said some real dumb stuff supporting Trump. She made Fauci look better because he was more ambiguous in his statements.

I thought that was Fauci being politically savvy, but his statements under Biden and FOIA'd emails showed that was just how his brain works.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

oh gently caress the book is by Andy Slavitt? lol gently caress him

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

loquacius posted:

I'm pretty sure PhD students are all universally miserable and the #1 most common reason to pursue a PhD is "I don't know how to not be in school"

like, if you're in a hard-science field it can be actually necessary but pretty much every grad student in humanities or soft sciences is just there because they can't think of anything else to do with themselves

Education in particular doesn't require a PhD for any career option I'm aware of; most ed professionals have a master's at most

as someone who's worked in education a lot, the Ed.D is a sham degree designed solely to place superintendants, or ambitious principals, on a higher academic rank than the teachers. there is work involved but it's busywork not anything of even marginal value to humanity unlike a PhD

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

quote:

In The Bubble with Andy Slavitt
In April 2020, Slavitt partnered with Lemonade Media to launch In the Bubble with Andy Slavitt, a biweekly podcast[33] aimed at deconstructing the COVID-19 pandemic through vital information, expert interviews, and a forward-looking message of hope:

What we needed was what I call "50% Winston Churchill, 50% Fred Rogers".[34]

Slavitt, the show's host, was initially joined by his son, Zachary, who served as co-host. The first episode premiered on April 1, 2020, with guest Mark Cuban.[35] Later guests have included Alex Gibney, Chuck Schumer, Tina Fey, Bill Kristol, Mike Birbiglia, Pete Buttigieg, DeRay Mckesson, Gretchen Whitmer, Kumail Nanjiani, Judd Apatow, Larry Brilliant, Susan Rice, Rajiv Shah, Pete Souza, Kara Swisher, Bernie Sanders, Connie Schultz, Sherrod Brown, Steve Kerr, former Surgeon General Vivek Murthy, Moms Demand Action founder Shannon Watts, and international security expert Juliette Kayyem.[36] All proceeds from listener donations go to COVID-19 relief efforts.[37]

Congrats Andy, all the deaths in India while Biden was in office means he is living up to Churchill's legacy.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

all these liberal politicians and staffers just want to be famous and have a podcast or TV show.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

hobbesmaster posted:

there's four in frame and 100% everyone in that crowd has cleared a background check prior to the photo op

guy cropped half in frame has a green paper band, so do the two most obvious guards. then you've got back left african american guy (this kind of feels like a where's waldo)

the secret service are on the outer edges of the crowd because everyone that close is approved to be there

all that said: if something sketchy or tragic happened it'd probably only help Joe so lmao nothing would surprise me from The Democrats! at this point

Mirthless has issued a correction as of 03:22 on Jun 13, 2021

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Some Guy TT posted:

she’s also one of the Obama appointees who was saying covid was nbd at the beginning of the pandemic that’s been memory holed because the media wants to blame trump and trump alone for the complete failure of our public health system

quote:

White House coronavirus task force coordinator Dr. Deborah Birx cautioned Thursday against models that predict alarming increases in coronavirus infections and deaths in the U.S.

Birx, speaking at a White House press briefing, singled out a recent study on the United Kingdom that originally predicted 500,000 people would die from the virus and has since been revised down to predict 20,000 deaths in the U.K. She said the data the government has collected does not show that 20 percent of the U.S. population would be infected with COVID-19, cautioning against predictions that say so.

"When people start talking about 20 percent of a population getting infected, it is very scary but we don't have data that matches that based on the experience," Birx said.

quote:

From 2014-2020, Birx was the United States global AIDS coordinator for presidents Barack Obama and Donald Trump and served as the United States special representative for global health diplomacy between 2015 and 2021.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I have a master's in CS, and not only was my master's program enough to make me run screaming from academia in general, you would have to be some kind of moron to get a doctorate in CS just on an investment vs return basis

Years of the prime of your life spent slaving away for CS professors, the worst people on earth, in exchange for basically no money, worthless connections, and a title nobody cares about which everyone will rightfully roll their eyes at you for if you use it

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

loquacius posted:

I have a master's in CS, and not only was my master's program enough to make me run screaming from academia in general, you would have to be some kind of moron to get a doctorate in CS just on an investment vs return basis

Years of the prime of your life spent slaving away for CS professors, the worst people on earth, in exchange for basically no money, worthless connections, and a title nobody cares about which everyone will rightfully roll their eyes at you for if you use it

master's in CS is tough because it can potentially prepare you for a management track, but then you'd be part of the management class and end up hating yourself forever

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Trabisnikof posted:

she’s also one of the Obama appointees who was saying covid was nbd at the beginning of the pandemic that’s been memory holed because the media wants to blame trump and trump alone for the complete failure of our public health system

yea Fauchi sucks rear end and should be shot into space but Brix was actually the genius in that team that really did some serious damage when she was very actively saying to ignore the models saying 'uh hey this is gonna kill a lot of people' and carrying water for how 'serious' Trump and his were taking it.

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

Welcome to the Demon Crap Potty

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

master's in CS is tough because it can potentially prepare you for a management track, but then you'd be part of the management class and end up hating yourself forever

Looking at my career and proud to report there is absolutely no danger of that :v:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Some Guy TT posted:

lets be real here i'm pretty sure most of the frothing chuds who had to work for trump also secretly wished he'd lose

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

loquacius posted:

you should make people call you Computer Master

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

loquacius posted:

can you imagine how dysfunctional a shop would have to be to hire a CS PHD straight out of academia, and how awful it would be to work on that team?

the thought chills to me to the very core of my being

"you don't need to tell me how to do this! i contributed something new to computer science!" the newbie says as he shits the bed at the first non-standard thing he sees

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Shipon posted:

this is actually a great analogy because the machines were in the moral right in the matrix

You can type fartrix into the Twitter search now and it is wonderful

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Jazerus posted:

as someone who's worked in education a lot, the Ed.D is a sham degree designed solely to place superintendants, or ambitious principals, on a higher academic rank than the teachers. there is work involved but it's busywork not anything of even marginal value to humanity unlike a PhD

it's less of a work and time commitment than a masters degree lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

loquacius posted:

Also I know Eve Fartlow is probably closer to chud than succ but this is cringe enough that I thought it warranted posting

https://twitter.com/Eve_Barlow/status/1403533828136738818?s=19

as the Animatrix portrayed it, the humans treated the machines the way Israel treats Palestinians

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

as the Animatrix portrayed it, the humans treated the machines the way Israel treats Palestinians

The best part was that the machines were perfectly happy to be isolated in a single tiny geographical spot, but then they decided to be nice to humans and give them cool stuff for cheap.

So the capitalists balked this and destroyed the surface of the Earth in an attempt to take out the machines along with it.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
There's an interesting parallel to how the US sanctioned Huawei to prevent as many people as possible from adopting their 5G tech because they got to it first

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Re watching it and lmao, the least subtle slaves building pyramids metaphor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

it’s a bit of a myth that Huawei invented 5G or somehow got there first, they’ve just done an admirable job of making it a distinctive asset of their brand. the South Koreans were actually ahead in development, and Samsung were the first to develop a system. both the Japanese and South Koreans developed 5G networks before either the US or China were able to, but I imagine some of this was not possible without Chinese manufacturing