Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
Code30 was supposed to be wonky internet meme bullshit. That’s why I ordered 50 Mk.VI marines and Umbra pattern bolter kits, which conveniently arrived *the*day*before* this leak drops.

At least I have the kits without the weird adidas soccer shoe feet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Why didn't you order combi plasmas ????

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
Got Dark Angels for that.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

SpaceViking posted:

In the spirit of Code 30 (and to a lesser extent the league I'm in), I have finished a pair of Sabres!

Full albums on my Instagram:

Sabre Strike Tank #1 "Manacle Bruise"

Sabre Strike Tank #2 "Dark Hearse"

Not to distract from the Code 30 hysteria, but these are great :)

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Just takes a few good rumors

for bad opinions to start again

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

BULBASAUR posted:

Hate to see it

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
They won't stop until every single game uses 9th, the best rules edition in the history of the world

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth

BULBASAUR posted:

wow looks like something an idiot would say

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
They're right.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

What a loving IDIOT. I bet they are sitting in their stupid loving Discord jerking each other off while talking about what next cute cartoon avatar they are going to make for their “writers” when they post another long and drawn out article about the best models to use so you never win a game (A+).

Anything Goonhammer posts about 30k should instantly go into their “Archived” section because they have approximately zero games won of Horus Heresy amongst their whole crew of losers.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

acab

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Stanyer89 posted:

What a loving IDIOT. I bet they are sitting in their stupid loving Discord jerking each other off while talking about what next cute cartoon avatar they are going to make for their “writers” when they post another long and drawn out article about the best models to use so you never win a game (A+).

Anything Goonhammer posts about 30k should instantly go into their “Archived” section because they have approximately zero games won of Horus Heresy amongst their whole crew of losers.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

um I disagree with their opinion, but I do remember that 9th ed was originally supposed to "fix" the system and the reason why it went bad was that they swerved into badly implementing legacy units.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe
No goonhammers. No mournivals.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Hell yeah brother.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
The southern hemisphere must never be forgiven for the mournival.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

xutech posted:

um I disagree with their opinion, but I do remember that 9th ed was originally supposed to "fix" the system and the reason why it went bad was that they swerved into badly implementing legacy units.

Feel the hate. Feel the loathing.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

On one hand, Heresy players are used to carrying a back-breaking amount of books. On the other, gently caress 9th.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Robert Facepalmer posted:

On one hand, Heresy players are used to carrying a back-breaking amount of books. On the other, gently caress 9th.

Yeah, three red books are heavy. 2/3 of those have been the same since 2016.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Honestly I carry more when I'm playing the game we do not talk about

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

I used to carry more books playing necromunda, but now I have it all on a cheap data-slate

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
When's necromunda going to 9th edition?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

People in that twitter thread who don't want black books kinda miss the point of forgeworld as a whole. Big lore books and narratives are part of why 40k keeps people in the hobby after their first models.

I don't see the point of two systems using the same rules - it's clear that 30k has diverged enough since its introduction to warrant not using 8th edition. They're welcome to pick and choose some of the better ideas into it but not to the point where they remove what makes games feel narrative vs streamlined.

Though the crowd that shouts "make heresy 8th" probably aren't the crowd that even want to play the game without tau or eldar or whatever else involved.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
There's only three good things to want from 8E (AP modifiers, universal 2W Termies, no more random WTs) and maybe an inversion of a third (make MCs and vehicles the same... by giving MCs a damage chart :unsmith:), I'd poach more improvements from non-GW games than 9E.

Well, OK, 9E has one thing: Crusade rules. Unfortunately, they're poisoned by being attached to 9E, and the asynch campaign idea comes from Warcry anyways.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

JcDent posted:

There's only three good things to want from 8E (AP modifiers, universal 2W Termies, no more random WTs) and maybe an inversion of a third (make MCs and vehicles the same... by giving MCs a damage chart :unsmith:), I'd poach more improvements from non-GW games than 9E.

Well, OK, 9E has one thing: Crusade rules. Unfortunately, they're poisoned by being attached to 9E, and the asynch campaign idea comes from Warcry anyways.

Didn't mention psychic phase and a move characteristic. Troll post.

Endman
May 18, 2010

What’s the psychic phase?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Endman posted:

I hope you're ready for my lvo army

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

JcDent posted:

oh poo poo it's on 9th?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Endman posted:

About 3am when you're thinking about how much you spent on resin.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Eediot Jedi posted:

About 3am when you're thinking about how much you spent on resin.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Things that are perfect:

- Fear
- The psychic phase
- my W/L record

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Stanyer89 posted:

Yeah, three red books are heavy. 2/3 of those have been the same since 2016.
LOL, sucks to your rear end-mar for playing anything new like Sabres or Esoterists or Dark Angels.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Robert Facepalmer posted:

LOL, sucks to your rear end-mar for playing anything new like Sabres or Esoterists or Dark Angels.

When I play my emperor's children I just bring the core rulebook, the generic marine list book, a print out of the palatine blade update from the FAQ that isn't in the legion book anyway, and maybe a printed sheet of the sabre or something. you can leave most of the books at home, unless you have one of the newer armies where it's nice to have the whole black book update for your faction (collected all into one book again for you)

Endman
May 18, 2010

Jokes on you idiots I can’t read :smug:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Are people ITT seriously advocating reading the rules?

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

The mechanicum rules don’t exist

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
If you can't memorize every single rule and unit entry then you stand no chance in hamcourt and probably shouldn't be playing 30k

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
This discussion is somehow dancing around the "rulebook and printed BattleScribe" sheet approach, which I'm sure is very popular in real life (despite the BattleScribe being moderated by a monkey fed entirely on lead paint chips)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Don't speak about Mr Galt like that