Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

My favourite CIC officer incident was the inappropriate info pamphlet
Imagine being the CIC officer who hosed up so bad the MND and CDS has to deal with it.

Its the CDS, of course it has to do with inappropriate behavior towards women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Its the CDS, of course it has to do with inappropriate behavior towards women.

CDS posted:

"Inappropriate behaviour towards women? I want in on that action!"

e:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/dnd-armed-forces-misconduct-sexual-harassment-esquimalt-1.6039437?cmp=rss

I see the CDS' mandate to provide sexual assault training has expanded to civilian DND employees; I question the decision to make it live-fire

Canuck-Errant fucked around with this message at 13:26 on May 26, 2021

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Caught Discriminating Sexually

Nofeed
Sep 14, 2008

quote:

The naval officer who authorized her suspension was the base commander at the time, Capt. (Navy) Bob Auchterlonie, now a commodore and soon to be a vice-admiral. He's set to take over as head of the military's joint operations command.

Is this going to be two CJOC Comds in a row now as well gracefully leaving the military?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

How do you go straight from Cdre to VAdm?

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Well when this much room opens up near the top, I guess it fast-tracks some promotions!

I don't know either

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I imagine it works something like golf scores and he was the closest in rank still under par (until the article came out, obviously)

Expect an ATIP request for the DND's definition of "par" and "strokes" to be forthcoming

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
In accordance with sexual harassment prevention training, high-ranking military members are told to avoid the rear.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

flakeloaf posted:

How do you go straight from Cdre to VAdm?

Assuming retention problems, because everyones getting the boot for sex crimes

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

Jobbo_Fett posted:

In accordance with sexual harassment prevention training, high-ranking military members are told to avoid the rear.

They took away our seamen, and I said nothing.
Then they took away our rears, and I said nothing.
Then they took away our mates, sextons, coxswains, cuntlines, limber holes, cockbills, tail shafts, midshipman's nuts, cockpits, rib ticklers, bumboats, rams, breastropes, seacocks, tramp trades, and then I realized the Navy has a lot of weird terminology.

compressioncut
Sep 3, 2003

Eat knuckle, Fritz!

They took away our seamen, and I said nothing.
Then they took away our rears, and I said nothing.
Then they took away our mates, sextons, coxswains, cuntlines, limber holes, cockbills, tail shafts, midshipman's nuts, cockpits, rib ticklers, bumboats, rams, breastropes, seacocks, tramp trades, and then I realized the Navy has a lot of weird terminology.

Yes. The cafeteria hand on a ship (something most ops trades killick and below have to supply for one month rotations) was called the "Molly" forever. This is why: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molly_house The term was outlawed on the east coast long long before it was on the west coast. If they had told me about that part of the job at the recruiting center I probably wouldn't have joined - it loving sucked, though not for homosexual prostitution reasons.

That said I have moved up in the world. Does anyone have any specific info on the pilot (and SAR tech) pay restructure outside of the cryptic letter from Meinzinger? There was also a spreadsheet floating around months ago that had the alleged numbers in it, but it didn't look all that official.

late edit - finally got an email to all pilots from our CO and of course, the announcement has been made ahead of any actual details. Typical. Interestingly, one detail is that aircrew allowance will be rolled into base pay so as to be pensionable. That will also mean you don't have to occupy a line position to collect. Good for OJTs etc.

compressioncut fucked around with this message at 02:36 on May 27, 2021

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

Another senior soldier has been removed from the vaccine rollout project

CBC News posted:

Sources tell CBC News that Bernard is accused of using the N-word in a workplace setting sometime in 2020, before his secondment to the public health agency. The complaint was made recently, while Bernard was Fortin's second-in-command in vaccine and logistics planning. Bernard was appointed to that post in November.

tl;dr: +1 Snr O removed for doing a thing they were not supposed to do

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Treason and casual racism are aaaaalmost palette cleansers at this point.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Do you give a poo poo who Vance golfs with? Cause I sure don't

Nofeed
Sep 14, 2008

flakeloaf posted:

Do you give a poo poo who Vance golfs with? Cause I sure don't

As a public service announcement for who to avoid in life, sure!

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

When one of those people is one of the persons in the chain regarding the investigation into Vance being a creep, yeah, kinda

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

When one of those people is one of the persons in the chain regarding the investigation into Vance being a creep, yeah, kinda

I can't see Rouleau being crooked like that but yeah, when you put it that way the optics are kinda not great and he should probably know better

Also clearing the course looks a lot like 3 guys who don't wanna be seen together

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

For a force that can't usually afford both dog and pony, we really went all-in on the circus this time around.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Soooo… anybody wanna go golfing?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Miniputt, sure. I'm a demon on the windmill chicane at hole 12.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I'm down for some Rigolfeur

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
I expect your resignations on my desk by 0800.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

Military campaign to influence public opinion continued after defence chief shut it down

CBC News posted:

Portions of a military information campaign meant to influence the Canadian public during the COVID-19 pandemic continued to operate months after the chief of the defence staff at the time ordered it shut down in the spring of 2020, CBC News has learned.
Alright, fess up. Which one of you misread the FRAG O?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
HOW DO I DELETE MY OUTLOOK?

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

I absolutely love how if you dont follow the rules, so help me god... but if they dont follow the rules, no consequences!

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer
oops, they forgot to tell the social media intern unit

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer
So the CAF now has its first female 2IC

Hooray for female empowerement by way of kicking out harassers one by one until we get to a woman!

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

edit: eh, I don't like this thought anymore

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jun 29, 2021

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

edit: eh, I don't like this thought anymore

i feel that

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

Former chief of the defence staff Jonathan Vance charged with obstruction of justice

CBC News posted:

Former chief of defence staff Jonathan Vance has been charged with one count of obstruction of justice related to an ongoing military investigation into allegations of sexual misconduct.

The Canadian Forces National Investigation Service, CFNIS, announced the single charge against the country's former retired top military commander on Thursday.

The service would not provide details about what is alleged to have taken place, but that it happened sometime after the CFNIS began investigating Vance on February 4, 2021.

"It was during the course of this investigation that the obstruction of justice is alleged to have occurred," CFNIS said in a news release.

Sir, please stop doing things that you're not supposed to do.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

So he's definitely innocent

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Is the CF going to have mandatory obstruction of justice training now

Op Struction

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Canuck-Errant posted:

Is the CF going to have mandatory obstruction of justice training now

Op Struction

They did for sexual misconduct, and there's nothing else to do while sitting at home.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

Our base just announced a relaxing of masks, cleaning schedules, etc. Not exactly rolling back preventative health measures, but there's no one sitting idly at home now.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Trenton has been at full manning and no masks outside for about a month. We have a high vaccination rate, apparently, so I hope that more relaxations are in the works.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer
On a different note:

CFMWS are offering a veteran-centric Mental Health First Aid course - if you get CFOne emails you probably got a notification about it; I took them when I was with VAC and highly recommend it if you can spare the time, especially if you're involved in any communities of vets. Or even just the GiP discord. :v:

Nofeed
Sep 14, 2008
MND has the military give a sweet gig to a buddy from his old regiment/the VPD, said buddy being placed on leave from the VPD after a subordinate he was in a relationship with killed themselves. Bravo.

How do I fail upwards like this?

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

This has been bugging the poo poo out of me for years, but this final "gently caress you" to Afghani interpreters seems like the icing on the cake.

Afghan interpreters who helped the Canadian military have just 3 days to apply for resettlement

I could quote this entire article, but tl;dr: Afghani interpreters (and their families) that helped Canada in Afghanistan continue to be threatened and killed by insurgents because they helped us. As repayment, IRCC / GAC / some other institution of assholes tells them "sorry bro" and completely hangs them out to dry and probably get killed.

loving infuriating and shameful.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I didn't have one attached to my unit ever but they all seemed like stand-up guys. We should've been helping them out years ago, and we owe it to them even more right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

The embassy had about 20 office staff and drivers and a decade down the road everyone who was there still loves those weirdos.

quote:

Prospective applicants for the resettlement program were informed in an email today that they have just three days to submit their applications, which require the completion of multiple online forms and the scanning of documents.

"If you do not provide a completed application package within the next three days, we will conclude that you are not interested in participating in this Public Policy," reads a section of the email sent to prospective applicants.

Sooooooooo all you gotta do is get in that car you definitely have, and make a totally safe drive crosstown to the fuckin kinkos that definitely exists and isn't being monitored by people who want to kill you, print out a stack paper in a language you might not read well (of course, they're only in English), SCAN them, and then send them to a far-off land over the totally reliable internet connection. No, not your phone, they have internet on a computer too.

Don't know anyone with a computer? Well then I hope you like beheadings. Well, just the one really.