Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

It’s coming home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
It is absolutely coming home and I won’t hear otherwise til we’re out

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

CyberPingu posted:

In a very loose sense.

"Croatia" (or rather the land mass we know now as Croatia) was part of the Ottoman Empire during the Crimean war.

Mods

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

sorry hands are tied on sketchy political matters can I interest you in a small child

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Kalvin Phillips MOTM

drop Foden the lightweight nonce and Declan Rice (redundant wasteman) and you'll breeze this tournament

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

African AIDS cum posted:

Kalvin Phillips MOTM

drop Foden the lightweight nonce and Declan Rice (redundant wasteman) and you'll breeze this tournament

Phillips was easily MOTM there needs to be a much more productive midfielder next to him than Rice he gave Rice nothing to do at all.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Bundy posted:

Phillips was easily MOTM there needs to be a much more productive midfielder next to him than Rice he gave Rice nothing to do at all.

Kalvin thrives as a sole CDM he covers so much ground, you could have grealish or bellingham up front causing havoc. what a match from the lad I'm so proud

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Kalvin kept Modric in his pocket all match so much that Luka had to start playing deep to get any time on the ball, love to see it

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

I've watched the game and done the maths on this one lads.

I can say with utter certainty that

Bape Culture posted:

It’s coming home

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I think the Leave votes will win again

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Any goons know where’s good to watch the Scotland game in Newquay? We want plenty of atmosphere and preferably some temporary new friends by the end of it all. Outside preferred for obvious reasons

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
belushis

lol i have no idea googled it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
All right lasses and lads, I've been out of the loop on footie for the last couple of years but someone hit me up with the knowledge that it's coming home so I'm right back in. I took a look at the squad during the Croatia game and a lot must have changed since the World Cup cause the only people I recognised were good ol' Harry Kane up front, Jordan Pickford who I assume has been infected with clangeritis by now and Sterling and Rashford cause they keep flipping the bird at the Sun. Can someone help me out with a cheat sheet on who's tasty/who's shite/who we're going to blame for missing a sitter when we get knocked out in the second round? And most importantly, give me an update on whether Jordan Hendo is still a lumbering waste of a shirt in the centre?

(Also I just found out Chelsea won our second Champions League :toot:)

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Fully sick: kalvin phillips, the Yorkshire pirlo

Partially sick: everyone else

It's a good team. There's never been a better time to jump back into supporting England at the foot unless you started watching in May 1966

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

the sex ghost posted:

Fully sick: kalvin phillips, the Yorkshire pirlo

Dunno about this, op. Looks like he plays for Leeds so I have some concerns :thunkher:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

we all love Leeds™ op

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Rarity posted:

All right lasses and lads, I've been out of the loop on footie for the last couple of years but someone hit me up with the knowledge that it's coming home so I'm right back in. I took a look at the squad during the Croatia game and a lot must have changed since the World Cup cause the only people I recognised were good ol' Harry Kane up front, Jordan Pickford who I assume has been infected with clangeritis by now and Sterling and Rashford cause they keep flipping the bird at the Sun. Can someone help me out with a cheat sheet on who's tasty/who's shite/who we're going to blame for missing a sitter when we get knocked out in the second round? And most importantly, give me an update on whether Jordan Hendo is still a lumbering waste of a shirt in the centre?

(Also I just found out Chelsea won our second Champions League :toot:)

It's coming home mate, that's all you need to know

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Looke posted:

It's coming home mate, that's all you need to know

:hmmyes:

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
the most important thing is you figure out who you scapegoat if England get knocked out, which obviously won't happen because it's coming home, so really you don't even need that

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Insurrectionist posted:

the most important thing is you figure out who you scapegoat if England get knocked out, which obviously won't happen because it's coming home, so really you don't even need that

Think it's Gareth's turn this time, I can hear the cries of 'how many world class players does he need???' from here. Or I would be hearing that, were it not coming home

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I will be scapegoating the SatNav as clearly it misdirected It into a lake

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Everyone is cool and good and notably that includes players outside the first XI rather than relying on Darius (pronounced "Darius") Vassell or Tom Cleverley to come on and change a game.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

sebzilla posted:

Darius (pronounced "Darius") Vassell

Still can't believe this log was a fixture in the squad for years

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
HANDS
IN
THE
AIR

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Imagine being Scottish rn

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

SOUTHGATE YOU'RE THE ONE
YOU STILL TURN ME ON
FOOTBALLS COMING HOME AGAIN

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

HANDS
IN
THE
AIR

FEET IN THE AIR
VASSELL IS HERE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pylvClSFO0g

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

belushis

lol i have no idea googled it

Yeah this place was very much booked when we tried. Hopeful to get a cheeky late booking from one of many enquiries I’ve sent or failing that hang round early and try for a walk in.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Oh this isn’t the gdt

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
scotland are out. im not scottish anymore lol

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Deano Machino Henderson is OUT and Aaron 'the ram' Ramsdale is IN

https://mobile.twitter.com/England/status/1404743248485224450

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
For some reason putting your trainings up live where your opponents can watch doesn't sound like a smart idea

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
what is the point of a squad when if a member of the squad gets injured someone else (who has been hanging around the squad and being adjacent to the squad and generally living the life of a squad member) can be immediately called up to the squad

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Why is Jack Graelish not allowed near anyone else?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

peanut- posted:

Why is Jack Graelish not allowed near anyone else?

Have you looked at him?

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Rarity posted:

Have you looked at him?

:hmmyes:

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Eau de MacGowan posted:

what is the point of a squad when if a member of the squad gets injured someone else (who has been hanging around the squad and being adjacent to the squad and generally living the life of a squad member) can be immediately called up to the squad

You can swap goalies for medical reasons, same as you can get an emergency keeper in outside the transfer window.

minema
May 31, 2011

fat gay nonce posted:

You can swap goalies for medical reasons, same as you can get an emergency keeper in outside the transfer window.

Thought that was what Walker was for

madey
Sep 17, 2007

I saved the Olympics singlehandedly
Thoughts on Crouchy's Year-Late Euros: Live with Peter Crouch, Maya Jama & Alex Horn?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

madey posted:

Thoughts on Crouchy's Year-Late Euros: Live with Peter Crouch, Maya Jama & Alex Horn?

I haven't seen it but based on just the above I'm imagining that the sort of glances being taken at the days footy action are extremely sideways